Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

My first Character

Please Approve

Spoiler

Gethen Entrone

Physical Characteristics: Male, medium height, emerald eyes, Dirty blond hair

Investiture: Chromium Ferring, Tineye.

Skills: Smart, Expert projectile weapon training

Equipment: A chromium wristwatch and arm brace, vials of tin powder, Rifle, Revolver.

Weakness: He trusts on his stored luck to get him out of anything, so he often walks into situations blindly. He isn't very useful in a fight except for sniping from a distance. He isn't good with the lower class, and often comes off as rude.

Family: House Entrone

Home Planet: Scadrial (era 2)

Backstory: Gethen was born on Scadrial after the Catacendre to house Entrone. He trained with the rifle for 11 years under his brother, Dendor. When Dendor was killed by a worldhopper, Gethen tracked down the murderer and arrived in the Alleyverse. 

Guild (can be unaffiliated):

Personality: He is interested in the lower class and sometimes tries to help them, but doesn't understand them at all. he understands the other nobility much better.

Theme Song: Enter Hollownest by Christopher Larken

Fighting Style: Uses tin and stored chromium to hit from a distance. 

Edited by Kings_way

18 hours ago, Kings_way said:

My first Character

Hello and welcome to the Alleyverse!

You're rating below in green. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask them!

Spoiler

Gethen Entrone

Physical Characteristics: Male, medium height, emerald eyes, Dirty blond hair

Investiture: Chromium Ferring (30), Tineye (30).

Skills: Smart (10), Expert projectile weapon training (80)

Equipment: A chromium wristwatch and arm brace, vials of tin powder, Rifle, Revolver.

Weakness: He trusts on his stored luck to get him out of anything, so he often walks into situations blindly. (-10) He isn't very useful in a fight except for sniping from a distance. He isn't good with the lower class, and often comes off as rude. (-5)

Family: House Entrone

Home Planet: Scadrial (era 2)

Backstory: Gethen was born on Scadrial after the Catacendre to house Entrone. He trained with the rifle for 11 years under his brother, Dendor. When Dendor was killed by a worldhopper, Gethen tracked down the murderer and arrived in the Alleyverse. 

Guild (can be unaffiliated):

Personality: He is interested in the lower class and sometimes tries to help them, but doesn't understand them at all. he understands the other nobility much better.

Theme Song: Enter Hollownest by Christopher Larken

Fighting Style: Uses tin and stored chromium to hit from a distance. 

Total: Investiture 60 + Skills 90 - Weaknesses 15 = 135

Character approved.

• 2 weeks later...

@Sorana, I realize that I submitted a character very recently, but I have a new one.

Python:

Spoiler

Name: Python

Physical Characteristics: Awakened coil of strong rope about 10m long, coiled around itself in a humanoid shape. Speaks telepathically.

Command: Protect people from harm.

Investiture: Type IV awakened object

Skills: Can coil into many different shapes. Is good at tying and untying knots.

Equipment: Wears a cloak to disguise the fact that it is a rope, as to not alarm people

Weakness: Will not hurt people, even if they are trying to hurt others. It tries to understand people and emotions, but doesn't. It doesn't have basic skills like reading. It knows that fire would destroy it.

Home Planet: Nalthis

Backstory: created by a powerful awakener with the command to "Protect people from harm." Came to the Alleyverse somehow, and continues to try to protect people.

Guild: none for now

Personality: Innocent, genuinely wants to help but sometimes causes even more harm.

Fighting Style: extends ropes to trap opponents without hurting them.

I don't know how to score it. It doesn't have any magic abilities or equipment other than being an awakened object itself. It is pretty powerful, though.

I don't have any immediate plans for it, so it is okay if this takes a while.

Edited by Kings_way

On 10.7.2020 at 2:08 AM, Kings_way said:

I don't have any immediate plans for it, so it is okay if this takes a while.

I can't take a closer look till monday, sorry.

Working with the index is a pain on mobile. I like the idea though, but I want to compare to some other powers before approving and probably read a bit about type IV awakened objects.

Hello forum, I would like to introduce you to Spike, my first character. I don't know how to use the index, where can I find more info on that? I hope you approve of Spike.

Spoiler

Name:  Spike

Physical Characteristics:  a 18-year old woman, small but not thin, very muscular, hair cropped short, wears boy clothes

Investiture:  Caloric Awakening. Her intrinsic Breath is very strong (similar to, but less powerful than a Returned breath) and she can grow it by food intake, up to reaching the third heightening (+75).  

Skills: Some martial arts and self-defence training (+20), can imitate voices and change her appearance to some degree (can change hair color and bodily appearance)(+?). Her strong Breath gives her an enhanced life sense, strength and durability. She is smart and likes to learn new things (+10).

Equipment: colored tissues, rope, food

Weakness (-?): Is always hungry, always has to eat (even when not growing her Breath). If starved, she will consume her Breath and become a drab (which is reversible with food intake). Cannot control her emotions, which makes her a bad spy although she otherwise would have all the suitable physical skills. She is often sloppy with her Awakenings, leading to errors, as she trains it very little because she does not like it a lot (she hates getting hungry). She likes a fist fight better.

Family: mother, brother, two half-sisters

Home Planet: Nalthris

Backstory: Spike (Sekinnah) has to be descended from the Royal House somehow, but nobody (including herself) knows how. Grew up in a family of merchants, but parted ways when her father died and her mother married a man she did not like very much. Has a younger brother and two half-sisters. She doesn’t want to be linked with her rather rich family and wants make her own money. And this is where the trouble starts. She tries out any kind of job, including gardening, thieving, working in the kitchens, working as a scribe, a tutor (that one went wrong!) and lastly as a bodyguard. She has a curious interest in everything, but manages to spoil things one way or the other (usually, food is involved). She only uses her Awakening powers as a last resort when she really gets into trouble (but cannot really count on them saving her). Her goal is to try to find her place in the world and do something fun while stuffing her stomach. When she was accidentally taken on a trip by a worldhopper (yes, food was involved), she arrived in Alleycity.

Guild (can be unaffiliated): unaffiliated

Psyche (can be combined with personality if neccessary): Likes to laugh and have fun and enjoy the good things in life. People might judge her superficial. Can get overly enthusiastic and optimistic about things, and gives nothing about the rules of social conduct. Has a trauma from losing her father and feels that she doesn’t have a place in the world, leading to restlessness. But that’s something she would never talk about. Instead, she would rather share a round of cookies with her friends.

Personality: friendly, open, reckless, impulsive

Fighting Style: She loves throws, grapples, kicks and fist fights. Will also use tricks like swipes. When using her Awakening powers, she likes to command a rope to do ...stuff.

Edited by Die_eike
adding values

10 minutes ago, Die_eike said:

I don't know how to use the index, where can I find more info on that?

The Index is on the first page of this thread. Specifically this post, and the initial spoiler nests into more spoilers that detail the point values of everything the AV includes (except for Epics, because they can be a little wonky. For that you'll have to talk to Voidus, otherwise known as the Resident Epic Expert). There's not really much else to it besides going through and calculating things.

20 minutes ago, Invocation said:

The Index is on the first page of this thread. Specifically this post, and the initial spoiler nests into more spoilers that detail the point values of everything the AV includes (except for Epics, because they can be a little wonky. For that you'll have to talk to Voidus, otherwise known as the Resident Epic Expert). There's not really much else to it besides going through and calculating things.

Thank you! Is there somewhere an explanation for how to count the weaknesses?

31 minutes ago, Die_eike said:

Thank you! Is there somewhere an explanation for how to count the weaknesses?

The Alleyverse moderators judge those and decide how much to subtract. :) Welcome, by the way!

@Kings_way

Here you are! As usual, comments see below in green.

Spoiler

Physical Characteristics: Awakened coil of strong rope about 10m long, coiled around itself in a humanoid shape. Speaks telepathically.

Skills: Can coil into many different shapes. Is good at tying and untying knots.

Equipment: Wears a cloak to disguise the fact that it is a rope, as to not alarm people

Weakness: Will not hurt people, even if they are trying to hurt others. It tries to understand people and emotions, but doesn't. It doesn't have basic skills like reading. It knows that fire would destroy it.

Backstory: created by a powerful awakener with the command to "Protect people from harm." Came to the Alleyverse somehow, and continues to try to protect people.

Personality: Innocent, genuinely wants to help but sometimes causes even more harm.

I have to admit I have a few questions around Python, to be sure I understand correctly what you have in mind.

What material is the rope made of? Organic (fibres of some sorts) or anorganic (like steel)? According to the coppermind Type IV awakened objects should be made of anorganic material only (feel free to correct me here, it's been a while since I read Warbreaker).

When it extends ropes to trap opponents: does that mean that it uncoils itself to it maximum length of 10m, or is it capable of splitting itself into smaller ropes (like arms?)

The knot tying part: Does that mean that it ties itself into a knot or a different rope?

The 'will not hurt people' part: should it end up close to a fight between two people - how will it act?

=============

Hello and welcome to the Alleyverse @Die_eike.

Comments on your character and rating see below in green.

Spoiler

Physical Characteristics:  a 18-year old woman, small but not thin, very muscular, hair cropped short, wears boy clothes

Investiture:  Caloric Awakening. Her intrinsic Breath is very strong (similar to, but less powerful than a Returned breath) and she can grow it by food intake, up to reaching the third heightening (+tbd).  

Skills: Some martial arts and self-defence training (+20), can imitate voices and change her appearance to some degree (can change hair color and bodily appearance)(+15). Her strong Breath gives her an enhanced life sense, strength and durability. She is smart and likes to learn new things (+10).

Weakness: Is always hungry, always has to eat (even when not growing her Breath). If starved, she will consume her Breath and become a drab (which is reversible with food intake). Cannot control her emotions, which makes her a bad spy although she otherwise would have all the suitable physical skills. She is often sloppy with her Awakenings, leading to errors, as she trains it very little because she does not like it a lot (she hates getting hungry). She likes a fist fight better. (tbd)

Backstory: Spike (Sekinnah) has to be descended from the Royal House somehow, but nobody (including herself) knows how. Grew up in a family of merchants, but parted ways when her father died and her mother married a man she did not like very much. Has a younger brother and two half-sisters. She doesn’t want to be linked with her rather rich family and wants make her own money. And this is where the trouble starts. She tries out any kind of job, including gardening, thieving, working in the kitchens, working as a scribe, a tutor (that one went wrong!) and lastly as a bodyguard. She has a curious interest in everything, but manages to spoil things one way or the other (usually, food is involved). She only uses her Awakening powers as a last resort when she really gets into trouble (but cannot really count on them saving her). Her goal is to try to find her place in the world and do something fun while stuffing her stomach. When she was accidentally taken on a trip by a worldhopper (yes, food was involved), she arrived in Alleycity.

Psyche (can be combined with personality if neccessary): Likes to laugh and have fun and enjoy the good things in life. People might judge her superficial. Can get overly enthusiastic and optimistic about things, and gives nothing about the rules of social conduct. Has a trauma from losing her father and feels that she doesn’t have a place in the world, leading to restlessness. But that’s something she would never talk about. Instead, she would rather share a round of cookies with her friends.

Fighting Style: She loves throws, grapples, kicks and fist fights. Will also use tricks like swipes. When using her Awakening powers, she likes to command a rope to do ...stuff.

I have a few questions for you, to make sure I rate your character the right way.

How strong is her instrinsic breath without her strengthening it?

Did I understand it correctly, that she can regain her breath if she eats enough even after consuming it in the first place?

As you only mentioned her one intrinsic breath: how does it work with awakening? Can she only awaken one thing at a time, using that one breath of whatever strength it has at the moment and therefore loosing all its other benefits while it is away?

Edited by Sorana

Hello, I have a character who would like to join the Alleyverse.

Spoiler

NameHugo Ortiz

Physical Characteristics: 6'3" 135 lbs. Brown hair, hazel eyes.

Investiture: 997 Breaths, 3 away from the Fourth Heightening.

SkillsBaking, which he uses his Breaths for in order to tell if his bakes are the perfect color. (He has discovered that everyone enjoys chocolate chip cookies when they're the second shade of golden brown.) He is also a great warrior.

EquipmentHis chef's hat, in which he keeps his extra 397 Breaths, a broadsword, and his grandmother's recipe book.

WeaknessHe'll always take a cookie, even if there's a danger of it being spiked.

FamilyHe was closest to his grandmother, who died just three months after he left to study to become a baker, so he bakes in her memory. Both of his parents are still living, as well as his three younger sisters and one younger brother, but he isn't nearly as close to any of them.

Home PlanetNalthis

BackstoryWhen Hugo was five years old, his first younger sibling was about to be born, and he went to stay with his grandma while his parents were dealing with a newborn baby. His grandma had him help her bake. Everything. From pies to cookies to cakes to brownies and everything in-between. He fell in love with the entire process. Taking the exact amount of all the ingredients, combining them by mixing, stirring, or kneading, then watching it bake and all come together, observing the slow change of color as the desserts cooked through. From then on, he would visit his grandma to help her bake. He decided, then and there, that he would bake forever. He loved all of it, every small detail, but his favorite part of baking was when he would give the bakes to other people. Or, rather, once the recipient tasted the bake, he was pretty awkward and anxious about actually giving it to them. But once they had a taste of his food, their eyes would light up, a smile would grace the corner of their lips, and they wouldn't stop eating until they absolutely had to. He had a talent for making food, and he knew he would pursue it.

Every summer, he would stay with his grandma, baking all summer long, but when he was 16, his best friend, baking buddy, and confidant, his grandma, passed away. No one else in his family enjoyed baking, and it wasn't nearly as fun by himself. He missed having his grandmother by his side, throwing flour at each other, stealing bites of the dough when the other wasn't looking, and having someone to talk about everything with. It was hard to talk to other kids, they seemed to expect so much. When he tried to talk to his parents, they seemed not to care. His grandma, though, listened. She didn't ask for any more information than he was willing to give, and knew when he was looking for advice, whether he said it or not. And now, she was gone forever.

For about a year, he stopped baking. He began studying war and fighting techniques with his brother, deciding he might as well learn something useful. He retreated into his shell and never talked unless someone approached him first, which never happened. Until his senior year of high school, when a girl he had known since kindergarten, but hadn't ever spoken to, asked him why he didn't bake anymore. He was shocked, unsure of how she knew that he used to bake. She explained that, when they were younger, he and his grandmother had delivered a batch of cookies to her family when they were going through a hard time, so hard that her older brother had had to give up his Breath to one of the Returned in order to provide for them. She said that when her brother tasted one of the cookies, they couldn't tell that he was a Drab. The cookies gave them light, literally and figuratively, and she begged Hugo to continue baking.

When he returned home that day, he nervously started looking for a recipe for something to bake. In his small baking cupboard, which he hadn't opened since his grandmother's passing, was her chef's hat, apron, and her recipe book. He put on the hat and apron and opened the book to find a note from his grandma. It said, "Dear Hugo, I knew that I was going to have to die soon, so I left you this book, as well as my hat and apron. You always used to wonder how I knew exactly when to stop baking, and this book holds all of my secrets, and the hat holds all of my Breaths."

Hugo learned from the book that his grandmother had reached the Third Heightening and used it to determine when her treats were done based on their color. He began baking in this way, and continued until he reached the age of 19, (now,) and heard of a group called TUBA. Deciding that this would be a good opportunity to use both his baking and possibly his warrior skills, he applied to join them, and is still waiting to hear back from them.

GuildHe recently applied to become a TUBAist.

PsycheI think there's a word for it, but I can't think of it right now. He thinks through everything extremely thoroughly before taking action. Very cautious in decision-making, the opposite of spontaneous.

Personality: He is extremely shy, his approach to making new friends is usually to silently offer them a dessert, which often seems suspicious. However, once you get to know him, he is super funny, loves making dumb jokes, and is a great listener.

AppearanceTall, skinny, pale, brown hair, hazel eyes. He usually wears beige pants, a t-shirt referencing some obscure band, his grandma's favorite yellow apron, and a matching Awakened yellow chef's hat. He also has rectangular wire glasses.

Theme Song (optional): What Baking Can Do from Waitress: The Musical.

Fighting StyleHe uses a broadsword, aka one-handed arming sword, offence.

@Sorana

Edited by RadiantDramaQueen

@Sorana,

Python is made of organic fibers. When I say that it extends itself, I mean it uncoils some of it's body. The knot tying part is usually with a separate rope. Python knows ropes very well, seeing as it is one. If he was in a close fight, he would try to stop it, either by talking (telepathically) or by restraining them. If he saw that he would be destroyed or damaged, he would stop with the logic that he can help people better if not destroyed. He can hurt enemies if he decides that they are not people, since it's command is to protect people from harm. I hope that was helpful. Thank you.

@DramaQueen

Hello and welcome to the Alleyverse!

I added my thoughts on your character below in green.

Spoiler

NameHugo Ortiz

Investiture: 997 Breaths, 3 away from the Fourth Heightening. (tbd)

SkillsBaking (Handiwork Baking, skilled 25), which he uses his Breaths for in order to tell if his bakes are the perfect color. (He has discovered that everyone enjoys chocolate chip cookies when they're the second shade of golden brown.) He is also a great warrior. (Skilled Melee Weapon Combat 50)

EquipmentHis chef's hat, in which he keeps his extra 397 Breaths, a broadsword, and his grandmother's recipe book.

WeaknessHe'll always take a cookie, even if there's a danger of it being spiked. (-5)

PsycheI think there's a word for it, but I can't think of it right now. He thinks through everything extremely thoroughly before taking action. Very cautious in decision-making, the opposite of spontaneous.

Personality: He is extremely shy (-5), his approach to making new friends is usually to silently offer them a dessert, which often seems suspicious. However, once you get to know him, he is super funny, loves making dumb jokes, and is a great listener.

Is there a ingame reason you placed him 3 breaths away from the Fourth Heightening?

===============

15 hours ago, Kings_way said:

Python is made of organic fibers. When I say that it extends itself, I mean it uncoils some of it's body. The knot tying part is usually with a separate rope. Python knows ropes very well, seeing as it is one. If he was in a close fight, he would try to stop it, either by talking (telepathically) or by restraining them. If he saw that he would be destroyed or damaged, he would stop with the logic that he can help people better if not destroyed. He can hurt enemies if he decides that they are not people, since it's command is to protect people from harm. I hope that was helpful. Thank you.

Thanks a lot!

The organic material part goes against the coppermind's information about Type IV awakened objects, but I personally don't see any reason why that should be a huge problem.

Spoiler

Physical Characteristics: Awakened coil of strong rope about 10m long, coiled around itself in a humanoid shape. Speaks telepathically. (all of it: 10)

Investiture: Type IV awakened object (90)

Weakness: Will not hurt people, even if they are trying to hurt others. (-20) It tries to understand people and emotions, but doesn't. (-10) It doesn't have basic skills like reading. (-5) It knows that fire would destroy it.

Character approved.

1 minute ago, Die_eike said:

Hope my character gets approved soon.

I took a look at your character yesterday and had a few questions. (Page before that one, last post). If you have a minute to answer them, I can finish rating your character and you can start ^_^

10 hours ago, Sorana said:

Is there a ingame reason you placed him 3 breaths away from the Fourth Heightening?

Not really, but it may come into play ingame. He doesn't really care about the Breaths as long as he has the Third Heightening, so it was mostly without reason that I gave him that many Breaths.

On 13.7.2020 at 8:25 AM, Sorana said:

@Kings_way

Here you are! As usual, comments see below in green.

Reveal hidden contents

I have to admit I have a few questions around Python, to be sure I understand correctly what you have in mind.

What material is the rope made of? Organic (fibres of some sorts) or anorganic (like steel)? According to the coppermind Type IV awakened objects should be made of anorganic material only (feel free to correct me here, it's been a while since I read Warbreaker).

When it extends ropes to trap opponents: does that mean that it uncoils itself to it maximum length of 10m, or is it capable of splitting itself into smaller ropes (like arms?)

The knot tying part: Does that mean that it ties itself into a knot or a different rope?

The 'will not hurt people' part: should it end up close to a fight between two people - how will it act?

=============

Hello and welcome to the Alleyverse @Die_eike.

Comments on your character and rating see below in green.

Hide contents

Investiture:  Caloric Awakening. Her intrinsic Breath is very strong (similar to, but less powerful than a Returned breath) and she can grow it by food intake, up to reaching the third heightening (+tbd).  

Skills: Some martial arts and self-defence training (+20), can imitate voices and change her appearance to some degree (can change hair color and bodily appearance)(+15). Her strong Breath gives her an enhanced life sense, strength and durability. She is smart and likes to learn new things (+10).

Weakness: Is always hungry, always has to eat (even when not growing her Breath). If starved, she will consume her Breath and become a drab (which is reversible with food intake). Cannot control her emotions, which makes her a bad spy although she otherwise would have all the suitable physical skills. She is often sloppy with her Awakenings, leading to errors, as she trains it very little because she does not like it a lot (she hates getting hungry). She likes a fist fight better. (tbd)

I have a few questions for you, to make sure I rate your character the right way.

How strong is her instrinsic breath without her strengthening it?

Did I understand it correctly, that she can regain her breath if she eats enough even after consuming it in the first place?

As you only mentioned her one intrinsic breath: how does it work with awakening? Can she only awaken one thing at a time, using that one breath of whatever strength it has at the moment and therefore loosing all its other benefits while it is away?

1. Her intrinsic breath is around the first heightening. Strenghening it would need constant concentration and fueling it with calories over a period of time. Which makes her quite grumpy during this procedure. When not fueling it, it would constantly decrease back to the original level over the same amount of time.

2. As Spike is far from being anything close to a Returned, she can become a drab. This might happen, for example, when her body is feeding upon her own breath when starved. Apparently, the fancy part of her breath or whatever it is that makes her able to perform innate caloric investiture, is not eaten away (her soul?). So she can regain/strengthen her breath by eating and storing caloric energy that way. She would only lose the ability to convert energy from one form to the other upon dying or when giving away her breath for good.

3. For Awakening, she needs to invest her one intrinsic breath (if not currently storing other breaths, which she might, just as any other person, but usually doesn't). She does not know how to split her intrinsic breath, so she can only Awaken one object with it. Yet, depending on the current strenght of her breath, she can perform Awakenings with her one breath that would be impossible for others holding only one breath. She might also need less colors. Awakening leaves her drab, and while her breath is stored away somewhere else than inside her own body, she cannot fuel it again with her caloric energy transformation until regained. So yes, she will use all the benefits of her breath while having it stored in an object. More and more reasons why she doesn't like Awakening. Not at all.

When she Awakens an object with her breath, it behaves just like any other Awakened object.

I feel that I am quite toying around here with the concepts of Awakening and Investiture conversion. I hope it all stays inside the laws of it. Please tell me if some of the above stated wouldnt work in your in your opinion.

Hey, @Sorana I have another character. She has three personalities and she's a murderess.

Spoiler

NameRosaleine aka Mania aka unknow

Physical CharacteristicsNormally- blonde hair blue eyes, defines the phrase "dumb blonde" Height: 4'11" but says 5" anytime anyone asks. Weight: 113 lbs.

As Mania- All anyone has ever seen is her fiery red hair and long, sharp nails.

InvestitureNone, but she doesn't need it.

Skills: As Rosaleine: She makes a pretty good secretary, if she remembers to write stuff down.

As Mania: Great at murdering under the radar, all anyone knows is her murderous appearance.

Equipment: She needs no weapon but her nails. As Rosaleine, she usually has at least one writing utensil stuck in her hair.

Weakness: She has no idea who her third identity is, but they are the one who decides who to kill. She calls them unknow. She also kills in a way that doesn't always kill, so she has to keep it as quiet as possible, which is extremely difficult.

Family: Two brothers, one sister, a mother, and a father, but they don't matter.

Home PlanetVax, but travels between worlds indiscriminately.

Backstory: I'll get back to you on that...

GuildAnarchy Incorporated (secretary)

Psyche: Legitimately EVIL as Mania. As Rosaleine, she just acts dumb. 

PersonalityTypical dumb blonde as Rosaleine, unfeeling as Mania

AppearanceRosaleine: Long, straight blonde hair, short, perky, bubbly, literally picture Elle Woods from Legally Blonde basically. As Mania, wears a red wig, extremely good quality, all black, a hood hiding her face, black gloves that attach to her hands like a second skin with extremely long, extremely sharp metal nails.

Theme Song (optional): I'll get back to you on that.

Fighting Style: Rosaleine doesn't fight, but Mania murders. Rosaleine will often get home from work and find a phonebook open on the counter, with a name circled. She can tell that it is her circle, her handwriting, so it is her third identity that she knows nothing about and never remembers being: unknow. After Rosaleine finds the phonebook, Mania takes over. She puts on her recognizable outfit, then goes to find the random person that unknow selected as their next victim. She is extremely good at going unnoticed, even in her obvious outfit, and gets her victim cornered. Using the long fake nails attached to her gloves, she stabs the person under their chin, in the soft area beneath their mouth. She then hangs them by their lower jawbone on the nearest hook or tree branch, then leaves them to die.

I can't decide on her backstory, but it'll probably be tragic and violent, because how else would she get to be a murderess?

On 14.7.2020 at 6:40 PM, DramaQueen said:

Not really, but it may come into play ingame. He doesn't really care about the Breaths as long as he has the Third Heightening, so it was mostly without reason that I gave him that many Breaths.

Okay. ^_^ Final rating see below. I rated his breaths with more points than I would usually alott for the third heightening, as he has a lot more to use. I kept them below the forth of course. Should he aquire the missing breaths, please keep in mind, that this would count as 'advancement' and therefore a mod is needed to reapprove the sheet.

Spoiler

NameHugo Ortiz

Investiture: 997 Breaths, 3 away from the Fourth Heightening. (85)

SkillsBaking (Handiwork Baking, skilled 25), which he uses his Breaths for in order to tell if his bakes are the perfect color. (He has discovered that everyone enjoys chocolate chip cookies when they're the second shade of golden brown.) He is also a great warrior. (Skilled Melee Weapon Combat 50)

WeaknessHe'll always take a cookie, even if there's a danger of it being spiked. (-5)

Personality: He is extremely shy (-5), his approach to making new friends is usually to silently offer them a dessert, which often seems suspicious. However, once you get to know him, he is super funny, loves making dumb jokes, and is a great listener.

Investiture: 85 // Skills: 25 // Weapon skills: 50

Sum: 160 -5 = 155

Slightly over the top, but with Baking taking up 25 points --> character approved.

==============

@Die_eike

Final rating see below.

Spoiler

Investiture:  Caloric Awakening. Her intrinsic Breath is very strong (similar to, but less powerful than a Returned breath) and she can grow it by food intake, up to reaching the third heightening (+50).  

Weakness: Is always hungry, always has to eat (even when not growing her Breath). If starved, she will consume her Breath and become a drab (which is reversible with food intake) (included in Investiture rating). Cannot control her emotions, which makes her a bad spy although she otherwise would have all the suitable physical skills. (-5) She is often sloppy with her Awakenings, leading to errors, as she trains it very little because she does not like it a lot (she hates getting hungry) (-5). She likes a fist fight better.

Investiture: 50 // Skills 15 + 10 // Weapon Skills: 20

Sum: 95 - 10 = 85

Easily within limits. Character approved.

On 15.7.2020 at 7:40 AM, Die_eike said:

So yes, she will use all the benefits of her breath while having it stored in an object. More and more reasons why she doesn't like Awakening. Not at all.

Based on your reply, I suspect you meant that she'll loose all the benefits?

Don't worry about toying with awakening a little. Your concept makes sense, and while it's nothing we've seen in the books, you obviously thought it through quite well. Have fun with her!

==============

@DramaQueen

and here the rating for your new character

Spoiler

Physical CharacteristicsNormally- blonde hair blue eyes, defines the phrase "dumb blonde" Height: 4'11" but says 5" anytime anyone asks. Weight: 113 lbs.

InvestitureNone, but she doesn't need it. (awesome!)

Skills: As Rosaleine: She makes a pretty good secretary, if she remembers to write stuff down. (Handiwork Secretary, skilled, 25)

As Mania: Great at murdering under the radar, all anyone knows is her murderous appearance. (Expert Assassination 80)

Equipment: She needs no weapon but her nails. As Rosaleine, she usually has at least one writing utensil stuck in her hair.

Weakness: She has no idea who her third identity is, but they are the one who decides who to kill. She calls them unknow. She also kills in a way that doesn't always kill, so she has to keep it as quiet as possible, which is extremely difficult.

Family: Two brothers, one sister, a mother, and a father, but they don't matter.

AppearanceRosaleine: Long, straight blonde hair, short, perky, bubbly, literally picture Elle Woods from Legally Blonde basically. As Mania, wears a red wig, extremely good quality, all black, a hood hiding her face, black gloves that attach to her hands like a second skin with extremely long, extremely sharp metal nails.

Fighting Style: Rosaleine doesn't fight, but Mania murders. Rosaleine will often get home from work and find a phonebook open on the counter, with a name circled. She can tell that it is her circle, her handwriting, so it is her third identity that she knows nothing about and never remembers being: unknow. After Rosaleine finds the phonebook, Mania takes over. She puts on her recognizable outfit, then goes to find the random person that unknow selected as their next victim. She is extremely good at going unnoticed, even in her obvious outfit, and gets her victim cornered. Using the long fake nails attached to her gloves, she stabs the person under their chin, in the soft area beneath their mouth. She then hangs them by their lower jawbone on the nearest hook or tree branch, then leaves them to die.

Character approved. Have fun!

Just now, Sorana said:

@DramaQueen

and here the rating for your new character

Hide contents

InvestitureNone, but she doesn't need it. (awesome!)

Skills: As Rosaleine: She makes a pretty good secretary, if she remembers to write stuff down. (Handiwork Secretary, skilled, 25)

As Mania: Great at murdering under the radar, all anyone knows is her murderous appearance. (Expert Assassination 80)

Character approved. Have fun!

Thank you!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have an old character I should like approved for Era Five. Thank you, it's a great help! I hope I scored correctly.

Spoiler

Name: Damon

Investiture: Allomantic Steel Savant.

Special skills and weapons: Skilled Coinshot (+40), having used his powers as a means of locomotion and fighting for many years. A fair knife fighter (+30), and a decent enough shot with coin and firearm (+45). Owning a weapon dealership, Damon has access to a considerable armoury. Knowledgeable in the production of explosives and minor gunsmithing. He is of slightly above average intellect.

Weakness: Steel Savant. Generally disloyal. Has a chip on his shoulder; something to prove. After seeing his family dead, having been killed by someone he couldn't stop, he feels that he needs to prove himself to all yet trust none of them. Mortal enemy of Nuemark Bordeux, a 4th Ideal Knight Radiant who's guild he left. He is not aware of this. He may potentially be an enemy of the guild he left as well.

Psyche: Mildly psychotic, Damon enjoys taking life a great deal more than he lets on to.

Physical characteristics: About 170 cm tall, a slight man with a weight of about 70 kg. Dark brown hair, brown eyes, pale, freckled skin. Usually wears a simple black button down shirt and trousers.

Family: Mother, Father, brother, sister (all deceased)

Home planet: Scadrial

Backstory: Born in 1002 CE to Nora, a skaa woman who had a secretly fell in love  with  a nobleman named Elandrial of House Tiekal. They ran off to the forest together to avoid the attack of the Lord Ruler as they raised a family. Second youngest, Damon's mother died in childbirth when he was five years old. His baby sister survived their mother and the brothers did there best to run the house while there father, presumed dead, by the nobles, worked as a skaa craftsman running a carpentry shop. He brought grain back to his family back in the forest. When he was 17 Damon snapped, attacked by a panther while chopping lumber in the forest for his fathers carpentry shop. He went to Luthadel a year later to work at the workshop. In his sixth month there his father went back visiting the family and did not return for weeks on end. He rarely stayed away longer than a week. After a month Damon returned to his family's house in the forest and found that the empire had tailed his father when he traveled to see the rest of the family. The whole family excepting Damon was raided by the Canton of Inquisition sometime in those weeks, evidence suggests sooner than later, with no survivors. Thereafter he began his personal war on the Empire. He learned to employ his powers in assassination, working with whatever crews that were causing damage to the Final Empire, the Ministries, or noblemen. At the fall of The Final Empire, Damon was not sure what to do and ended up as a freelance assassin as he enjoyed the work in a dark and primal way, and he was already a skilled killer. He never stopped burning steel, and thus has become a savant. Damon is competitive and will generally take any opportunity to prove himself. He is also a Survivorist and the proprietor of the flailing tavern The Bleeding Spike. 

Guild: No affiliation.

@Sorana 

Edited by Elend Venture

I'd like to submit a second character, please. She's going to be used in the AV Post thread that's soon to be revived.

Spoiler

Name: Acacia Smedry

Physical Characteristics/Appearance: Female, and average height, about 5’5’’. She dresses differently every day, and changes her hair frequently, in order to make those around her double-take whenever they see her.

Investiture: Her Smedry talent is getting in the way. She has a supernatural ability to be in exactly the most inconvenient place possible for those around her, which she uses in combat scenarios and to generally create chaos.

Skills: Smart, skilled at hand-to-hand combat, and skilled at infiltration/deceit. 

Equipment: She has no real occulators lenses, but carries a number of fake ones in order to confuse Librarians.

Weakness: Acacia’s Smedry talent is difficult to control, so she can be annoying to be around. She also has a problem with authority, and her habit of creating chaos wherever he goes has an unsurprising tendency to get her into trouble. Unrelatedly, she’s severely claustrophobic.

Family: She’s a cousin of the Smedry line, and therefore has a large extended family on Alcatraz Earth, but she’s not particularly close to any of them.

Home Planet: Alcatraz Earth

Backstory: Acacia was born in the Free Kingdoms, and was taught the standard Smedry ways. However, she displayed a greater talent for Librarian-related skills than the rest of her family, and was therefore chosen to go undercover in the Hushlands to spy on their operations and to undermine everyday operations. In pursuit of this, she trained to pretend to be a Librarian, and to be able to defend herself in high-stakes situations. As soon as she was old enough, she was sent to the United States. 

In the Hushlands, she found a job filling out paperwork for the Librarians, and began to send reports of their plans back to her family. Throughout it all, she endeavored to create as much minor chaos as possible. She prided herself in her ability to create dozens of minor inconveniences without drawing attention to herself. She’d deliberately misfile paperwork, or subtly rearrange furniture. One night she snuck out and switched all the “push” doors to “pull” doors and watched people crash into them all day. After a week, she put them back.

Throughout all this work, however, she began to have doubts. Though she detested how the Librarians lied to their people, she couldn’t help but appreciate some of the efficiency of their systems. Not only this, but she even began to befriend many of her “co-workers”. She began to wonder whether the chaos she spread was really the right way to fight. 

To distract herself from this internal conflict, she decided to do something big. On some false pretense, she got herself into the Highbrary, and managed to replace the key to their filing system with a slightly incorrect one. On her way out, though, she was caught, and her cover was blown. She fought her way out and ran. As she was running, she took a shortcut down an Alleyway, and suddenly found herself in an entirely new city. It took her a while to become accustomed to the idea of a Cosmere, but eventually she found a job as the editor of the Alleyverse Post.

Guild: The Alleyverse Post (Scholar’s Guild)

Personality/psyche: Acacia is far more rational and orderly than most Smedrys, traits which trouble her as being far too much like a Librarian. Because of this, she will occasionally act aggressively reckless and ridiculous just to prove that she deserves her surname. Even with her relative level-headedness, she genuinely enjoys adding chaos and variety in everyday life. She’s habitually mischievous, instinctively playing minor pranks even when there are no Librarians around to thwart.

Fighting Style: She’s all about confusing the enemy with seemingly random movements. By all appearances, she just happens to trip into a spot that blocks an attack.

@Sorana @Voidus @I think I am here. (Apologies if I tagged the wrong person here)

On 25.7.2020 at 7:51 PM, Elend Venture said:

I have an old character I should like approved for Era Five. Thank you, it's a great help! I hope I scored correctly.

He works fine! Feel free to use him!

==========

Spoiler

Investiture: Her Smedry talent is getting in the way. She has a supernatural ability to be in exactly the most inconvenient place possible for those around her, which she uses in combat scenarios and to generally create chaos. (30)

Skills: Smart (10), skilled at hand-to-hand combat (30), and skilled at infiltration/deceit (25). 

Equipment: She has no real occulators lenses, but carries a number of fake ones in order to confuse Librarians.

Weakness: Acacia’s Smedry talent is difficult to control, so she can be annoying to be around. She also has a problem with authority, and her habit of creating chaos wherever he goes has an unsurprising tendency to get her into trouble. (-10) Unrelatedly, she’s severely claustrophobic. (-10)

Family: She’s a cousin of the Smedry line, and therefore has a large extended family on Alcatraz Earth, but she’s not particularly close to any of them.

Home Planet: Alcatraz Earth

Backstory: Acacia was born in the Free Kingdoms, and was taught the standard Smedry ways. However, she displayed a greater talent for Librarian-related skills than the rest of her family, and was therefore chosen to go undercover in the Hushlands to spy on their operations and to undermine everyday operations. In pursuit of this, she trained to pretend to be a Librarian, and to be able to defend herself in high-stakes situations. As soon as she was old enough, she was sent to the United States. 

In the Hushlands, she found a job filling out paperwork for the Librarians, and began to send reports of their plans back to her family. Throughout it all, she endeavored to create as much minor chaos as possible. She prided herself in her ability to create dozens of minor inconveniences without drawing attention to herself. She’d deliberately misfile paperwork, or subtly rearrange furniture. One night she snuck out and switched all the “push” doors to “pull” doors and watched people crash into them all day. After a week, she put them back.

Throughout all this work, however, she began to have doubts. Though she detested how the Librarians lied to their people, she couldn’t help but appreciate some of the efficiency of their systems. Not only this, but she even began to befriend many of her “co-workers”. She began to wonder whether the chaos she spread was really the right way to fight. 

To distract herself from this internal conflict, she decided to do something big. On some false pretense, she got herself into the Highbrary, and managed to replace the key to their filing system with a slightly incorrect one. On her way out, though, she was caught, and her cover was blown. She fought her way out and ran. As she was running, she took a shortcut down an Alleyway, and suddenly found herself in an entirely new city. It took her a while to become accustomed to the idea of a Cosmere, but eventually she found a job as the editor of the Alleyverse Post.

Guild: The Alleyverse Post (Scholar’s Guild)

Personality/psyche: Acacia is far more rational and orderly than most Smedrys, traits which trouble her as being far too much like a Librarian. Because of this, she will occasionally act aggressively reckless and ridiculous just to prove that she deserves her surname. Even with her relative level-headedness, she genuinely enjoys adding chaos and variety in everyday life. She’s habitually mischievous, instinctively playing minor pranks even when there are no Librarians around to thwart.

Fighting Style: She’s all about confusing the enemy with seemingly random movements. By all appearances, she just happens to trip into a spot that blocks an attack.

Character approved!