Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, I think I am here. said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Name: Georman "Geo" Tranrall (Cool nickname!)

Physical Characteristics: Male. Tall (6'3"), slouching posture. Middle-aged 

Investiture: A-Bendalloy (Slider) (40)

Skills: Talented negotiator. Has practiced with his bendalloy for over twenty years and knows many tricks in using the power. Slightly better than average knife-wielder, but self trained. (20)

Equipment: Keeps multiple vials of bendalloy on him when possible, along with an eight-inch knife concealed in his coat.

Weakness: Cocky, especially when concerning his negotiation skills. (-10)  Has infrequent back pain attacks weekly but not daily, result of slouching posture. Touchy about his mother, though not very many people know the story. (-10)

Family: Wilkam Tranrall, younger brother by seven years who also happens to be a Misting, though with copper. Geo is very protective of his younger brother even though Wilkam can handle himself.

Home Planet: Scadrial

Backstory: Born to a single mother, Geo grew up relatively alone on the streets without ever knowing his father. Wilkam was born almost suddenly, and it is unknown whether Geo and Wilkam share fathers. He discovered his bendalloy in his teens, and shortly thereafter his mother disappeared mysteriously. Geo took on the task of parenting his younger brother and a lot of protectiveness grew out of those first years alone. Both brothers survived those years without much incident, though there were a few situations in which Geo had to develop and use his negotiation skills. The brothers now live separately but keep in touch.

Guild: unaffiliated, might change later 

Personality: Somewhat broken sense of humor, has a wild side from living on the streets. Unexpectedly caring from time to time. A very protective friend and a very dangerous enemy.

Appearance: Black hair cut short over his face, brown eyes that seem to pierce their target. Likes his fingernails grimy. Wears a noble-like coat made to blend in but not stand out. The coat has many pockets filled with bendalloy reserves and his knife.

Fighting Style: Conservative, keeping his knife hidden for as long as possible. Surprising his enemies in a bendalloy bubble is very amusing to him and normally is his go-to strategy.

@Matrim's_Dice Nice character! Approved and I'll add it to the list later :) 

Great, thanks!

Umm... kind of seems like a stupid question... but what now? :ph34r: 

Just now, Matrim's_Dice said:

Great, thanks!

Umm... kind of seems like a stupid question... but what now? :ph34r: 

Now, you choose any thread you'd like (that's active, I should add :P) like the Hospital or Masked Dance thread, then... write your character. Meet with other people's characters, interact, and viola! You're in the RP. Beyond that, it's (almost) complete freedom to do what you want.

Name: Channelknight Fadran

Physical Characteristics: Tallish, handsomish, muscularish... nothing special.

Investiture

Skills: Intelligence (Genius 35), Scholarship (Average 25), Swordsmanship (Average 35)

Equipment: Shardblade (30), Cohesion Fabrial (20)

Weakness: He has to get himself involved in literally everything, and he's overconfident in his own abilities.

Family: He's a bit of a loner to say the least.

Home Planet: Ivinan (he's not from around here)

Backstory: After helping a distant universe win a massive war, he's started exploring the other multiverses.

Guild (can be unaffiliated): Unaffiliated.

Psyche (can be combined with personality if neccessary):

Personality: Apart from being heavily charismatic, Fadran's defining trait is his unique view of his possessions; he sees their value based on how difficult it was for him to attain them.

Theme Song (optional): Swift as the Wind for Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Fighting Style: Swords, but he really prefers leading others with BATTLE TACTICS

35+25+35+30+20=145. That's fine, right?

Here's my character. It's all good and not too OP, right?

27 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Name: Channelknight Fadran

Physical Characteristics: Tallish, handsomish, muscularish... nothing special.

Investiture

Skills: Intelligence (Genius 35), Scholarship (Average 25), Swordsmanship (Average 35)

Equipment: Shardblade (30), Cohesion Fabrial (20)

Weakness: He has to get himself involved in literally everything, and he's overconfident in his own abilities.

Family: He's a bit of a loner to say the least.

Home Planet: Ivinan (he's not from around here)

Backstory: After helping a distant universe win a massive war, he's started exploring the other multiverses.

Guild (can be unaffiliated): Unaffiliated.

Psyche (can be combined with personality if neccessary):

Personality: Apart from being heavily charismatic, Fadran's defining trait is his unique view of his possessions; he sees their value based on how difficult it was for him to attain them.

Theme Song (optional): Swift as the Wind for Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Fighting Style: Swords, but he really prefers leading others with BATTLE TACTICS

35+25+35+30+20=145. That's fine, right?

Here's my character. It's all good and not too OP, right?

-15 for the weaknesses brings the total to 130 so yes this is perfectly reasonable.
Approved

On 10.6.2020 at 4:10 PM, Gears said:

I've basically stolen Dr. Gears from the SCP Foundation. He studied anomalies and special containment procedures before coming to the cosmere. Since being transported to the cosmere, he's been studying Investiture, Realmatic Theory, Alleyverse mechanics, etc. Assume him to be about as knowledgeable about the cosmere as an individual with access to the Coppermind Wiki, though minus all the historical and cultural knowledge.

Thanks a lot! I'll add him to the list!

=======

On 10.6.2020 at 6:18 PM, BringerOfLight said:

I'm not sure who to ping, if anyone at all, but here are Brin's final touches.

Thank you! I'll add him to our list.

On 10/06/2020 at 3:10 PM, Gears said:

I've basically stolen Dr. Gears from the SCP Foundation. He studied anomalies and special containment procedures before coming to the cosmere. Since being transported to the cosmere, he's been studying Investiture, Realmatic Theory, Alleyverse mechanics, etc. Assume him to be about as knowledgeable about the cosmere as an individual with access to the Coppermind Wiki, though minus all the historical and cultural knowledge.

Given that there's a hidden organization making Hemalurgic abominations living in an eldritch location as well as as an eldritch god(des) living far under the city I think he has his work cut out for him!

Here's my second character:

Spoiler

Name: Augur Drane

Physical Characteristics: Sharp, pleasing, pale features, fine noble clothing, always has a walking cane, slicked back black hair. Either that, or wears a dark cloak that obscures his features so as to be unnoticeable with shaggy and unkempt black hair.

Investiture: Twinborn, M- Brass, F-Duralumin. When spying, he either taps his duraluminmind and Soothes people's worries to appear more charming, or fills his duraluminmind and Soothes people's awareness to go unnoticed.

Skills: Rapport, infiltration, spying, recon

Equipment: Vials of brass, duralumin armbands around his biceps, one single duralumin earring and anklet. A single obsidian dagger and a concealable pistol.

Weakness: Is starting to develop multiple personalities.

Family: None living.

Backstory: Born to gang-leading parents in Elendel, Augur Drane grew up infiltrating social galas and conning the wealthy with his father, and sneaking around the nights of Elendel gathering info and recon. His parents split up when he was 15, and started a gang war with each other. Torn between the two, Augur Drane killed both his parents and disbanded their gangs. Broken by the trauma, his brain nearly split into two. He made his way to Alleycity and joined the Ghostbloods at the age of 17, to which he is completely loyal to.

Guild: Ghostbloods

Psyche: Unhealthy, he is developing multiple personalities to deal with trauma.

Personalities:

Augur: A charming noble socialite with a pretty face and personality. Humorous and nonchalant, yet refined and gentlemanly.

Drane: A brooding spy who has sociopathic tendencies. Quiet, unassuming, and unnoticeable.

Fighting Style: Quiet assassinations, or taking his opponent by surprise.

Edited by BringerOfLight

Okay, I think I have a character.  I put it here and wait for it to get approved, right? @Sorana

Spoiler

Name: Freya

Physical Characteristics: Blond hair worn in a braid, green eyes, pale skin.  She is small, with a sturdy build.

Investiture: Edgedancer who has sworn the First Ideal.

Skills: Cooking, planning, and quarterstaff, as well as learning to use her Surges.

Equipment: Quarterstaff, canteen, thick cloak.

Weaknesses: Overthinking, shyness, strong fear of needles.

Family: Daughter of Ris, a cook, and Tev, a carpenter.  No siblings.  She considers her spren, Mist, to be something like a brother.

Home Planet: Roshar

Backstory: Born on Roshar to darkeyed parents, Freya spent much of her childhood following her mother around their brightlord's kitchen.  When she was eleven, a rockslide killed her father, and Ris spent months grieving, while Freya managed the house.  She bonded a cultivationspren five years later, when her mother died in a house fire.   She made her way to the Alleyplanet shortly afterwards, along with Mist, thanks to a Scadrian worldhopper.  She hopes to build a new life for herself.

Guild: Unaffiliated.

Psyche: Kind but shy, Freya can be extremely fierce if someone is threatened.

Personality: Level headed and determined.

Theme Song: Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Lorde.

Fighting Style: Prefers not to, but can use her quarterstaff against one or two opponents.

Edited by Spren of Kindness
Forgot to tag

3 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Okay, I think I have a character.  I put it here and wait for it to get approved, right?

Hide contents

Name: Freya

Physical Characteristics: Blond hair worn in a braid, green eyes, pale skin.  She is small, with a sturdy build.

Investiture: Edgedancer who has sworn the First Ideal.

Skills: Cooking, planning, and quarterstaff, as well as learning to use her Surges.

Equipment: Quarterstaff, canteen, thick cloak.

Weaknesses: Overthinking, shyness, strong fear of needles.

Family: Daughter of Ris, a cook, and Tev, a carpenter.  No siblings.  She considers her spren, Mist, to be something like a brother.

Home Planet: Roshar

Backstory: Born on Roshar to darkeyed parents, Freya spent much of her childhood following her mother around their brightlord's kitchen.  When she was eleven, a rockslide killed her father, and Ris spent months grieving, while Freya managed the house.  She bonded a cultivationspren five years later, when her mother died in a house fire.   She made her way to the Alleyplanet shortly afterwards, along with Mist, thanks to a Scadrian worldhopper.  She hopes to build a new life for herself.

Guild: Unaffiliated.

Psyche: Kind but shy, Freya can be extremely fierce if someone is threatened.

Personality: Level headed and determined.

Theme Song: Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Lorde.

Fighting Style: Prefers not to, but can use her quarterstaff against one or two opponents.

Looks great! I'm not a mod, so I can't approve it, but Freya looks like a fun character. My only question comes from the weird effects of this era: will she have just arrived on the Alleyplanet during this era (which is only IC a day or two in) or will she have been here before the Era changes came into effect? If the latter, any changes due to this Era's timeline shifts?

Just now, 18th Shard said:

Looks great! I'm not a mod, so I can't approve it, but Freya looks like a fun character. My only question comes from the weird effects of this era: will she have just arrived on the Alleyplanet during this era (which is only IC a day or two in) or will she have been here before the Era changes came into effect? If the latter, any changes due to this Era's timeline shifts?

Um... I don't really understand a thing you just said.  I know a new era just started, but I have no idea how it would affect Freya.  I don't even know what effects there are.

@Spren of Kindness OK, so this Era (Era 5) essentially involved a very powerful character, the Stranger (written by @Fatebreaker), creating a universe-altering Forgery that changed the history of the Alleyverse. 

Here's a summary of how it all works, courtesy of @ZincAboutIt:

First, you need to know that for all intents and purposes, the Alleyverse has a small handful of entities that could be called "gods," or at least, demigods. The two most prominent ones are Voidus and the Stranger. For ease of explanation, these two friends effectively created the universe that we all RP in by taking an empty, barren universe and driving a giant spike through it, giving this universe the capacity to sustain life. This spike, known as the Worldspike, connects the Alleyverse to other universes, including the Cosmere and other versions of "our universe" as written by Brandon Sanderson.

Over the millennia, the Alleyverse has grown in population and complexity, with more and more enemies rising up to challenge the organization founded by Voidus and the Stranger, called the Dark Alley. This ever-increasing onslaught of problems, challengers, and catastrophes has weighed heavily on them, especially Voidus. Eventually, the Stranger decides to do something about it all. He's going to edit the Worldspike, and re-write time.

Era 5 is the culmination of this plan, which he's been cooking up in the background during the current era, Era 4. At the start of Era 5, the Shift will have taken place, and everyone in the Alleyverse will have edited memories of the universe, the world, and the events of history. Guilds will be de-powered, the Dark Alley will be a secret, shrouded in mystery and known by very few, and Voidus and the Stranger will be mythological figures known in stories - but not as "real." In doing so, the Stranger will give his friend the chance to live an unburdened life, at the cost of a vast chunk of the Stranger's powers to keep the illusion running itself smoothly. 

As you might imagine, eventually things begin to disintegrate. People start to remember two sets of memories, or manifest two sets of abilities - one in the "true" timeline and one in the new one. Things like that. I anticipate that the world will get very chaotic at the end of this Era, with realities fighting to assert dominance and other such things. I'm not sure yet - that's probably something that will unfold in its own time. Or perhaps Fatebreaker (the grand architect of this plot and the one who RP's the Stranger) has something up his sleeve and we all just don't know it yet!

In any case, that's a rough look at what we're going into on the 15th. Please please don't hesitate to ask any more questions!

So if Freya was in the Alleyverse prior to the Shift, some things about her past in this new timeline could be different than in the old timeline (they don't have to be, it's up to you.) If you want her to have come into the Alleyverse after the Shift, nothing would be different for her. 

Ok, just a minor change, added one more weakness in orange to balance him out:

Spoiler

Name: Desmund Kreylaw

Physical Characteristics: Thin with a slightly above-average height. Not particularly muscular, but not scrawny, and can carry his own weight. black wavy hair, cut very short on the sides and a couple inches longer on the top. He has hazel eyes. 

Investiture

Trained briefly in the ways of forgery (three years of training, five learning on his own). (60) Carries several basic stamps of his own creation, and eagerly looks for opportunities to use them. 
     He is an awakener of the third heightening. He has roughly 650 breaths; just enough to get him to this heightening. (75)

Skills: Taught himself how to use a sword, which he handles with average skill. (35) He also knows basic hand to hand combat from his time as a mercenary. (10) In a fight, he can generally hold his own, although he likes using his stamps to give him the upper hand. He is musically inclined, and can play the lute and piano with grace. (10)

Equipment: His clothes include vividly brown trousers and a bright blue coat, both of which have many pockets, and a dark green cloak with silver trim. He keeps a satchel with all of his soulstamps, a tin of ink, and a chisel. Strapped to his back is both a steel sword and a lute with delicate carvings. Around his person are several other small pieces of seemingly random equipment, including but not limited to: tape, a pocketknife, a few feet of rope, a lighter, chalk, a deck of cards, paper, and a bar of soap.

Regarding His Stamps: Most of his stamps correspond with equipment he keeps with him. Some examples including:

• Changing his sword to several other shapes/lengths, for different situations.
  • Changing his shoes to a pair of sturdy boots; another stamp adds spikes for difficult terrain. 
  • Changing his nice clothing to tattered clothing.
  • Changing his lute to a wooden staff. 

Backstory

Growing up, Desmund’s family was very familiar with the arts. His parents taught him how to be delicate and creative, and he quickly gained a love for music and all kinds of art. More than making art, however, he loved to learn about it, to know pieces of art and beauty, and to observe them in detail. Through the years, he became very observant, yet outspoken at the same time. He left home as a teenager, seeking adventure, and wishing to find all of the world’s beautiful pieces of art and expression. 

But adventure, and living one one’s own was easier said then done. He eventually had to find work, and for some time, he earned a living as a mercenary, where he learned to fight. However, he never let go of his dreams, and eventually an old fellow found Desmund and took the young man under his wing. Unbeknownst to Desmund, the man was an experienced forger and worldhopper. Recognizing Desmund’s love of creativity, and his desire to know art, not just make it, he decided to train the boy in forgery, and leave Desmund his secrets before he passed from this world. Unfortunately, the man passed on not only his knowledge, but his enemies. Their training was cut short when these enemies eventually tracked down the two, and ended his mentor’s life. But, realizing he might soon meet his end, the old man told Desmund about worldhopping, and his travels to other planets, before he was killed. He tasked Desmund with continuing his work, and developing his skills as a forger. Desmund escaped, and took these words to heart. 

He explored parts of the Cosmere in the following years, visiting several planets before coming to the Alleyverse. He was fascinated by the diverse arrays of people and cultures, but the most splendorous and beautiful to him was Nalthis, where he spent the majority of this time. Desmund was drawn to the heightened sense of pitch and color recognition that breaths offered, and quickly became an awakener for these benefits. 

Weakness: He has a hard time making decisions, and overthinks things very often. He is still relatively new at forgery, and must take lots of time to create even simple soulstamps. (-15) Desmund acquired his breaths for the heightened senses, rather than being able to awaken objects. As a result, he has spend little time learning how to be an awakener, and is not very skilled in this regard. (-10) Lastly, he is also colorblind, and can only remedy his vision by holding breaths. This makes him apprehensive to let go of any, let alone awaken with them.

Family: His father, mother, sister, and two brothers live on Sel. He does not know what became of them after he left home.

Home Planet: Sel

Guild: unaffiliated

Personality: He is quite observant, and prefers to know all he can about the things around him. Desmund likes people, and likes to help those in need, but will not get too involved in dangerous situations unless it is necessary. He also makes sure to be prepared for any situation. He is used to traveling, so all of his belongings fit on his person.

Fighting Style: Desmund likes to fight with his gear, which he enhances with forgery and awakening. In close combat, he prefers to use a mix of sword fighting and hand-to-hand combat. 

Here's Augur Drane with some elaboration:

Spoiler

Physical Characteristics: Sharp, pleasing, pale features, fine noble clothing, always has a walking cane, slicked back black hair. Either that, or wears a dark cloak that obscures his features so as to be unnoticeable with shaggy and unkempt black hair.

Investiture: Twinborn, M- Brass, F-Duralumin. When spying, he either taps his duraluminmind and Soothes people's worries to appear more charming, or fills his duraluminmind and Soothes people's awareness to go unnoticed.

Skills: Rapport, infiltration, spying, recon

Equipment: Vials of brass, duralumin armbands around his biceps, one single duralumin earring and anklet. A single obsidian dagger and a concealable pistol.

Weakness: Is starting to develop multiple personalities due to his past trauma and his double life, and personality changes can also be triggered whether he's filling or tapping his Duraluminminds and how he's Soothing. (this is not based on any real life personality disorders)

Backstory: Born to gang-leading parents in Elendel, Augur Drane grew up infiltrating social galas and conning the wealthy with his father, and sneaking around the nights of Elendel gathering info and recon. His parents split up when he was 15, and started a gang war with each other. Torn between the two, Augur Drane killed both his parents and disbanded their gangs. Broken by the trauma, his brain nearly split into two. He made his way to Alleycity and joined the Ghostbloods at the age of 17, to which he is completely loyal to.

Personalities:

Augur: A charming noble socialite with a pretty face and personality. Humorous and nonchalant, yet refined and gentlemanly. Taps duralumin.

Drane: A brooding spy who has sociopathic tendencies. Quiet, unassuming, and unnoticeable. Fills duralumin.

Here you are.

On 18.6.2020 at 0:06 AM, Rosharan A.C. said:

Ok, just a minor change, added one more weakness in orange to balance him out:

He's approved with the change!

============

14 hours ago, BringerOfLight said:

Here's Augur Drane with some elaboration:

Spoiler

Investiture: Twinborn, M- Brass, F-Duralumin. (65) When spying, he either taps his duraluminmind and Soothes people's worries to appear more charming, or fills his duraluminmind and Soothes people's awareness to go unnoticed.

Skills: Rapport, infiltration, spying, recon (Handiwork Spying, skilled, 25)

Weakness: Is starting to develop multiple personalities due to his past trauma and his double life, and personality changes can also be triggered whether he's filling or tapping his Duraluminminds and how he's Soothing. (this is not based on any real life personality disorders) (-15)

Personalities:

Augur: A charming noble socialite with a pretty face and personality. Humorous and nonchalant, yet refined and gentlemanly. Taps duralumin.

Drane: A brooding spy who has sociopathic tendencies. Quiet, unassuming, and unnoticeable. Fills duralumin.

Character approved! And welcome to the Ghostbloods :)

Edited by Sorana

@Sorana

@I think I am here.

Here is Dot's slightly less tentatively posted character sheet.

Name: Dot

Physical Characteristics: Varies. His common form is humanoid, though subtly inhuman. Small, barely over five feet in height. Compact, powerful build. Strikingly dark skin, nearly the same shade as his black hair. Dark eyes that faintly gleam peer intently out of an angular face. Quick, scarred-looking hands, long-fingered and capable. With his build and a runner's legs and arms, no space is wasted in his figure. He has a flying hordeling with a large, dark silver eye on its back which, when it is with him, is always close at hand. This is a mere curiosity as far as anyone has known, because he could observe an environment with many of them like the rest of his kind can.

Investiture: Sleepless. He has created his form to be very fast and agile, and has over time given it the ability to pour on bursts of incredible speed, though this will exhaust him if done for more than a few seconds.

Skills: Scholarship Investiture. Expert artifabrian. Mastermind intelligence.

Equipment: He has a number of rare or strange items which he keeps for curiosity in various hidden places. He rarely has more than a little money and some small, useful tools on his person, preferring to improvise what he needs from his environment. He keeps hidden supply caches which he can fall back on to build things, exchange for other resources, or generate what currency he may need, though he almost never uses much money at once. These are not limitless, nor is anything ever perfectly hidden, not even someone as accustomed to longterm planning as he is can manage that. Also they are spread across several worlds and a number of hard to access places, meaning it takes him a lot of time to gather any significant amount of resources. He uses all of this very sparingly, preparing for an eventuality he rarely speaks of.

Weaknesses: He has walked too close to the lives of short-lived creatures, so he does have emotions to manipulate that are more easily read than others of his kind.

If he does get attached to someone, he will almost never show it, meaning the actions which stem from it can be vastly misinterpreted.

He is insatiably curious, so often runs the risk of losing chunks of his physical resources or damaging/losing the hordelings that make up his main form in his wandering and experimenting and tinkering.

He has difficulty externalizing the things that drive and motivate him, and doesn’t broach the subject if he can avoid it.

Family: unknown

Home Planet: Roshar, sort of

Backstory: He is thousands of years old, with memories and records that reach back to the prior Desolation. Most of those who remain of his species are as old, and some are older. After those events, he spent much of his time wandering worlds. His aim was to understand, not only things and events, but the people who made them all so interesting. With his careful attention to detail, he inevitably couldn’t escape context and perspective. He grew to fear settling down anywhere, knowing that he would notice silence, knowing that it could matter. He spent time on Scadrial, Nalthus and Roshar, but very little time anywhere near Sell because of the difficulty getting there. (If it’s impossible, I can take that off, I don’t remember at the moment.) He stumbled into the Alleyverse briefly long ago and went exploring beyond it, which resulted in plenty of timeline strangeness, as he tended to drop into places at odd times and into places he’d been before or after he should have been able to. He spent little of his time in the Alleyverse in anything remotely resembling one piece, so he could be recognized, but the chances aren’t high. He has been drawn back to it because it presents a mystery to him. He has a faint, uneasy feeling that everything is horribly wrong there, but can’t pin a finger, or a Hordeling on it. As this isn’t a situation he has encountered in a very long time, he can’t resist his curiosity. He is one who loves a strange experiment, an interesting device, a curious dilemma, the way universes work, what those within them do with that, how worlds form, how people form, what makes everything alive.

Guild: unaffiliated, for now

Personality: Insatiably curious. He can seem reckless sometimes. He can seem cold and detached, in some situations somewhat controlling. He is calculating but also considerate, thoughtful and reflective. The external dichotomy comes from, in part, his difficulties with communication. There are many things he will do in the pursuit of information and a working understanding of information that create his external impression.

Theme Song: none yet

Fighting Style: Avoid if at all possible, if not, get to high ground as fast as he can and throw or fire something.

Edited by SingingMosaic
Me and tagging, as usual.

Spoiler

Name: The Anarchist [Real name Azira, but never goes by it.]

Physical Characteristics: Tall, lithe, shoulder length hair that changes colors depending on various factors [mood, temperature, humidity, time since last meal, etc], grey eyes that look gold when excited [these are just flavor, not Investiture related]

Investiture: None

Skills: Average assassination, amateur hand-to-hand, amateur melee, average projectiles, average thievery 

Equipment: Guns, throwing knives, regular knives, a sword, a nice hat, a longcoat, a cloak, a pair of combat boots

Weakness: Reckless, no concern for safety

Family: Significant Other: Malcolm, an ordinary chap that has somehow stayed sane in the Alleyverse

Home Planet: The Alleys

Backstory: Born and raised in the Alleys, went about causing mischief for several years. Got obsessed with bringing down governments after sniping an important world leader on an unimportant planet. Met Malcolm on an adventure. The two of them have been in a romantic relationship for 3 years.

Guild: Unaffiliated.

Personality: Flamboyant, energetic, peppy. Loves drama, chaos, mischief, lies, explosions, getting away with things, and fashion. Quick with a quip. Silver-tongued.  A Jack of All Trades. Obsesses about things for a short time and abruptly discards them for the next thing. Lacks a sense of morals.

Theme Song: Curses by The Crane Wives, Villainous Thing by Shayfer James.

Fighting Style: Throw explosives, run in and stab people, shoot the ones that get away. 

Edited by Gears
Accidentally used quote box instead of spoiler

On 21.6.2020 at 0:41 AM, SingingMosaic said:

Here is Dot's slightly less tentatively posted character sheet.

I remember the discussion about him, but I have to admit I'm not sure if I ranked him already once. So here is a new one. I hope it's not too different.

Spoiler

Investiture: Sleepless (45). He has created his form to be very fast and agile, and has over time given it the ability to pour on bursts of incredible speed (25), though this will exhaust him if done for more than a few seconds.

Skills: Scholarship Investiture (average 20). Expert artifabrian (40). Mastermind intelligence (50).

Equipment: He has a number of rare or strange items which he keeps for curiosity in various hidden places. He rarely has more than a little money and some small, useful tools on his person, preferring to improvise what he needs from his environment. He keeps hidden supply caches which he can fall back on to build things, exchange for other resources, or generate what currency he may need, though he almost never uses much money at once. These are not limitless, nor is anything ever perfectly hidden, not even someone as accustomed to longterm planning as he is can manage that. Also they are spread across several worlds and a number of hard to access places, meaning it takes him a lot of time to gather any significant amount of resources. He uses all of this very sparingly, preparing for an eventuality he rarely speaks of.

Weaknesses: He has walked too close to the lives of short-lived creatures, so he does have emotions to manipulate that are more easily read than others of his kind. (-10)

If he does get attached to someone, he will almost never show it, meaning the actions which stem from it can be vastly misinterpreted. (-5)

He is insatiably curious, so often runs the risk of losing chunks of his physical resources or damaging/losing the hordelings that make up his main form in his wandering and experimenting and tinkering. (-15)

He has difficulty externalizing the things that drive and motivate him, and doesn’t broach the subject if he can avoid it. (-5)

Family: unknown

Home Planet: Roshar, sort of

Backstory: He is thousands of years old, with memories and records that reach back to the prior Desolation. Most of those who remain of his species are as old, and some are older. After those events, he spent much of his time wandering worlds. His aim was to understand, not only things and events, but the people who made them all so interesting. With his careful attention to detail, he inevitably couldn’t escape context and perspective. He grew to fear settling down anywhere, knowing that he would notice silence, knowing that it could matter. He spent time on Scadrial, Nalthus and Roshar, but very little time anywhere near Sell because of the difficulty getting there. (If it’s impossible, I can take that off, I don’t remember at the moment.) He stumbled into the Alleyverse briefly long ago and went exploring beyond it, which resulted in plenty of timeline strangeness, as he tended to drop into places at odd times and into places he’d been before or after he should have been able to. He spent little of his time in the Alleyverse in anything remotely resembling one piece, so he could be recognized, but the chances aren’t high. He has been drawn back to it because it presents a mystery to him. He has a faint, uneasy feeling that everything is horribly wrong there, but can’t pin a finger, or a Hordeling on it. As this isn’t a situation he has encountered in a very long time, he can’t resist his curiosity. He is one who loves a strange experiment, an interesting device, a curious dilemma, the way universes work, what those within them do with that, how worlds form, how people form, what makes everything alive.

Guild: unaffiliated, for now

Personality: Insatiably curious. He can seem reckless sometimes. He can seem cold and detached, in some situations somewhat controlling. He is calculating but also considerate, thoughtful and reflective. The external dichotomy comes from, in part, his difficulties with communication. There are many things he will do in the pursuit of information and a working understanding of information that create his external impression.

Theme Song: none yet

Fighting Style: Avoid if at all possible, if not, get to high ground as fast as he can and throw or fire something.

Investiture: 70 // Skills: 110 // Weakness: 30 // Total: 150 / character approved

@SingingMosaic

================

@Gears

Spoiler
Skills: Average assassination 40, amateur hand-to-hand 10, amateur melee 20, average projectiles 45, average thievery 25

Equipment: Guns, throwing knives, regular knives, a sword, a nice hat, a longcoat, a cloak, a pair of combat boots

Weakness: Reckless, no concern for safety (-10)

Backstory: Born and raised in the Alleys, went about causing mischief for several years. Got obsessed with bringing down governments after sniping an important world leader on an unimportant planet. Met Malcolm on an adventure. The two of them have been in a romantic relationship for 3 years.

Guild: Unaffiliated.

Personality: Flamboyant, energetic, peppy. Loves drama, chaos, mischief, lies, explosions, getting away with things, and fashion. Quick with a quip. Silver-tongued.  A Jack of All Trades. Obsesses about things for a short time and abruptly discards them for the next thing. Lacks a sense of morals.

Fighting Style: Throw explosives, run in and stab people, shoot the ones that get away. 

Skills: 140 // Weakness: 10 // total 130 // character approved.

Love his fighting style. We haven't had a good explosion in ages. :P

my new character!

i feel like it does not have enough weakness, but idk

Spoiler

Name: Iza    (damnation, i cant have another Lord-Silberfarben, i need to start making real names.)

Origin: Was an Alethi Parshmen before the Everstorm.

Family: Unknown, he was sold to a different household at a young age.

Investiture: Stormform. This is the only form he has ever been in, so i guess it doesn't much change his personality... in fact, if he adopted another form, he would consider that form to change is personality. basically, subcutaneous chitin armor, agility and strength. the ability to summon red lightning or weak gusts of wind.

Personality: ANGRY. he is secretive and... stormy. very private. hates being told what to do.

History: He was bought by worldhoppers, who wanted to investigate parshmen at better detail. other than that, he tended camp for them, and was basically a servant like he would have been in any Alethi household.

He was lucky to have been in Roshar during the first Everstorm, and even luckier to have gotten Stormform.

At first, the Worldhoppers were amazed by his sudden intelligence, and his form. But eventually, his grating personality began to irritate them. the only useful thing he could do other than carrying heavy loads was as a test subject. he got irritated at not being able to be autonomous, and also got irritated.

This continued until eventually they left him in the Alleycity with Lord-son-son-son-Silberfarben. May Iza learn something storming useful for once.

Weakness: Has trouble making friends(not that he minds) He can't control where his Stormform lightning goes... it is as likely to his enemies as it is to hit his friends(oh, he doesn't have any... well, allies. those he could have. perhaps)

On 17/06/2020 at 7:26 AM, Spren of Kindness said:

Okay, I think I have a character.  I put it here and wait for it to get approved, right?

Correct! Apologies for not responding sooner :) Freya fits well within the point limits, being a first-ideal Edgedancer (85) and skilled with a quarter staff (35, since I noted it down as Average). Her weaknesses are good, and it’s good you’re RPing her learning her surges! Most Radiant characters start off with perfect knowledge of them (I myself have been found guilty of this :P). Approved!

@Lord_Silberfarben

I really like the unique powerset here! I admit, the index doesn’t really have a point count for specific forms, but it does state it’s 20 points for being a singer, so I’ll add that, and I’ll add 10 points for basic enhanced agility and strength (but not pewterarm levels, I assume), and I’ll add another 10 points for the weak gusts of wind and the lightning (since he doesn’t have control over where it goes. If he did, the points value would obviously be much higher). The weaknesses are related to his backstory and impact him strongly, and so I approve this character! :)

Edited by I think I am here.

1 minute ago, I think I am here. said:

Correct! Apologies for not responding sooner :) Freya fits well within the point limits, being a first-ideal Edgedancer (85) and skilled with a quarter staff (35, since I noted it down as Average). Her weaknesses are good, and it’s good you’re RPing her learning her surges! Most Radiant characters start off with perfect knowledge of them (I myself have been found guilty of this :P). Approved!

Thank you!  Where should I start with her?

5 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Thank you!  Where should I start with her?

To shamelessly copy-and-paste my previous answer to another person who asked this question:

Now, you choose any thread you'd like (that's active, I should add :P) like the Hospital or Masked Dance thread, then... write your character. Meet with other people's characters, interact, and viola! You're in the RP. Beyond that, it's (almost) complete freedom to do what you want.

Edited by I think I am here.

There's another sheet, short and simple above that exchange, the person just forgot to tag anyone. They put it in character discussion though and I couldn't think of much. It's kind of one of those characters you need to build from the ground up, because of his history.

@Lord_Silberfarben My input is this: If you want to rise to that challenge, it could be interesting, but it could take a lot of energy. Those characters, to me are fields of potential but they are often left fallow due to the energy it takes to roleplay a person building themself. I'm not sure if that's what you wanted to do with him, that was just what I took away from it. If you want to keep talking about him and try to give him more time, events, things he's remembered, processed etc. I'd be happy to go back to character discussion with you, otherwise tagging mods in case they missed your sheet.

@I think I am here.

@Sorana

On 6/29/2020 at 9:41 AM, SingingMosaic said:

My input is this: If you want to rise to that challenge, it could be interesting, but it could take a lot of energy. Those characters, to me are fields of potential but they are often left fallow due to the energy it takes to roleplay a person building themself. I'm not sure if that's what you wanted to do with him, that was just what I took away from it. If you want to keep talking about him and try to give him more time, events, things he's remembered, processed etc. I'd be happy to go back to character discussion with you, otherwise tagging mods in case they missed your sheet.

???

thanks?

I do plan to RP a lot with Iza, and since he will have a lot of contact with Lord-son-son-son-Silberfabarben, i will be able to quickly expand his character.

On 6/29/2020 at 9:23 AM, I think I am here. said:

I really like the unique powerset here! I admit, the index doesn’t really have a point count for specific forms, but it does state it’s 20 points for being a singer, so I’ll add that, and I’ll add 10 points for basic enhanced agility and strength (but not pewterarm levels, I assume), and I’ll add another 10 points for the weak gusts of wind and the lightning (since he doesn’t have control over where it goes. If he did, the points value would obviously be much higher). The weaknesses are related to his backstory and impact him strongly, and so I approve this character! :)

Thanks!

i will start as soon as my other character gets a break.