Archer

Alleyverse Characters

OP character approval   34 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2,697 posts in this topic

Hi.

Most things here are the same as previous eras. Besides from fixing a couple typos and word choice (and sticking the long slog of a backstory in a spoiler), the biggest change really is the added Investiture, which I don't think will be enough to throw her over (though, anything is possible). Let me know if any adjustments are necessary for her to be approved. ^_^

Eve Tacet-Yin-Dove:

Spoiler

Name: Eve Tacet-Yin-Dove

Physical Description: Dark hair pulled back in a messy bun. Pale skin, normally dirt smudged. Dark, almost black, eyes with a thin circle of ice blue surrounding the pupil. Just reaches 5' when not slouching and at perfect posture. Almost always wears all black and lace-up boots.

Investiture: Aluminum Misting

Strengths: Skilled in hand-to-hand combat and projectiles. Average with fighting with weapons in close quarters. Light on her feet. More likely to try to attack with words than physical strength.

Weaknesses: Small and easily overwhelmed in contests of strength. Very much reliant on not getting caught and less confident when things are out of her hands. More likely to try to attack with words than physical strength.

Family: Dead. Considers those who live in the poorer sections of city her family now.

Backstory: She hasn't exactly had the most fun childhood.

Spoiler

The Doves (age 0-5): Eve’s first mother was a charity organizer, originally from Scadrial--a fact that was ignored until Eve Snapped, her father an accountant. She had two older brothers. As children they’d have contests with an intent of scaring one another. Eve practiced walking quietly and eventually even at a young age started naturally being utterly silent. When she was five, she was out on a playdate with another kid when her eldest brother had his friend over. She was an Epic with fire powers and lost control. The Dove house burnt down and all were killed, but Eve. One of Eve’s mother’s friends was a worldhopper and a worker at the orphanage Eve was placed in. She took Eve to Scadrial where she dropped her with her friends the Yins.

The Yins (age 5-10): The Yins adopted Eve as one of their own. She always knew she wasn’t really one of them - they were dark-skinned and she extremely pale. But they always treated her kindly. They had one child of their own, a female atium misting two years older than her who tried hard, unsuccessfully, to befriend her. The parents were both gold mistings. They were very aware of her past and when she decided she wanted to learn to fight, they supported her the whole way and helped her to better understand her Investiture. It was when she was out in a field training that an infamous Hemalurgist came by and killed them in order to harvest their abilities. When Eve entered her house to find their corpses, she immediately sent a spanreed to her mother’s old friend like she’d told her to in case something like that ever happened. It turned out, Eve learnt talking to her son who was now in possession of it, that she’d been killed by a Coinshot accidentally overshooting who ran out of coins and landed on her. Eve was devastated and at age 10 visited Alleycity for the first time, catching a ride from a kindly worldhopper who she never saw again. There she lived as a beggar, learning thievery and making connections she'd later use, for a year before the childcare authorities miraculously found her. They dropped her with the Tacets on Roshar.

The Tacets (age 11-14): The Tacets were a more elderly couple who had never been able to have children. They took to Eve immediately and loved everything about her, even her pessimistic attitude. The Tacets were Alethi, but didn’t force her to take on any of their customs - it was her choice whether or not to cover her safehand. Eve didn’t really communicate with many people her age while on Roshar, she was extremely introverted and spent most of her time practising her aim and stealth. She kept that up for five years. When she was fourteen, things went wrong again. It turned out that the Tacets’ cousins actually owed heavy debts to a group of Radiants and had been avoiding taxes. To that clan, the punishment for that was death to all relatives related by blood or marriage. They left Eve alive, before that point she had never taken upon herself the Tacets’ name, deciding she didn’t qualify under the requirement, but made it clear that if she ever told anyone what had happened they would hunt her down. Knowing there was no way their neighbors wouldn’t ask, Eve fled in panic back to Alleycity

She returned to the area that had taken her in years ago. It didn't take long for her to realize that bringing Investiture in its entirety was an unrealistic goal. Eve turned her focus on opposing the Forge which kept the area from continuing to improve.

Personality: She's well aware that she aims high and because of this, she acknowledges that she might well fail. At the same time, she doesn't view failure as a legitimate option and will fight hard to get her way. Additionally, she doesn't view money as a way to solve problems. Despite having access to three full inheritances, Eve has hardly touched any of them. She believes that living like and with the people she seeks to help is the best way to fully understand. There also is a part of her that is in turmoil about her own Invested status, yet she still always keep some aluminum on her, no matter how seemingly useless burning the metal is.

Well it's been a while but here goes:

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Spoiler

Name: Eishtar al Sorei

Physical Characteristics: A tall guy (around 6ft) with brown hair and chocolate eyes that dart around the room, his dark skin is mottled with the occasional burn mark or scar.

Investiture: Twinborn: A - Bendalloy / F - Tin (+75, maybe +85 depending on how complimentary it is)

Skills: Expert: Projectile Weapons (+80)
(If I happen to have more points leftover I'd pick up hand-to-hand combat skills)

Equipment: A sniper rifle almost as big as Eishtar that doesn't have a scope, with a shell made of Tin (Stores sight) that Eishtar uses as his primary metalmind, it's fixed to Eishtar by virtue of a shoulder-strap that doubles as a bendalloy bandolier, holding most of his metal vials. Eishtar also carries an Immeriling-44, a standard long-barreled revolver.

Weakness: Eishtar is shortsighted, meaning he wears tin-framed spectacles (stores hearing) to see well enough to accurately take out targets at a long-range, he also has built up a dependence on bendalloy, habitually burning some regardless of whether or not he needs to, this is jarring for most people, he could be mid-sentence when he burns off some bendalloy. When he doesn't have any bendalloy on him, he goes through withdrawals, he's slower, less precise and less energetic.

Additionally, Eishtar is completely nuts. See backstory for more information.

Family: None, Eishtar grew up an orphan with no home.

Home Planet: Alleycity

Backstory

Advanced issues found

Spoiler

Born in Alleycity to parents he doesn't remember, Eishtar raised himself from when he was around five till he was 13, taken in by a kindly old man known as father chains, who raised him to follow the teachings of the Goddess Isarok, the lady of light, purity and all the good that exists in the world.

Oh, and also the lady of killing godless heretics.

Eishtar was taught extensively in gunplay and all manner of ranged weaponry, as well as how to use his allomancy and feruchemy to the fullest, this twisted his ideology from a kind-hearted priest to a crazed and zealous man who was too trigger-happy for his own good. He treats everyone who doesn't worship his goddess with light-hearted insults and mockery (Alright ya little heretic, you go an' worship the wrong gods now) He treats those who call him out for being a zealot or for being insane with unrelenting rage. (The goddess will show mercy on your soul. It's a pity I won't show mercy on your body) 

Guild: Unaffiliated.

Personality: Eishtar is brash, arrogant and overestimates his own strength all the time, he seems to always be angry, but that's because he's always around heretics. When someone has shown themselves to be a capable fighter and a skilled marksman Eishtar is more subdued and gives them the respect he believes they deserve.

Appearance[The artistically inclined are welcome to include an illustration of their character.]

Theme SongJhin, The Virtuoso's theme.

Fighting Style: Eishtar prefers fighting at long range, he's brilliant in firefights, especially those that span hundreds of meters, he frequently uses bendalloy to line up the perfect shots or darting from cover to cover, in close range combat uses his Immerling to great effect, dealing with targets with deadly precision. He's learnt to sync his bendalloy burning with the pull of a trigger, dropping the speed bubble at the last possible moment to give his opponents the least possible time to react without distorting the shot.

I look forward to him meeting Byron :D

On 22.5.2020 at 3:47 PM, Silva said:

Most things here are the same as previous eras. Besides from fixing a couple typos and word choice (and sticking the long slog of a backstory in a spoiler), the biggest change really is the added Investiture, which I don't think will be enough to throw her over (though, anything is possible). Let me know if any adjustments are necessary for her to be approved. ^_^

Sorry for the late reply! She's approved!

4 hours ago, Nohadon said:

Well it's been a while but here goes:

Short question, but are you using grammarly? Because your spoiler tags looks a little like you do. If yes, can you please disable it for the shard? It breaks quote boxes and the like.

Spoiler

Name: Eishtar al Sorei

Physical Characteristics: A tall guy (around 6ft) with brown hair and chocolate eyes that dart around the room, his dark skin is mottled with the occasional burn mark or scar.

Investiture: Twinborn: A - Bendalloy / F - Tin (80)

Skills: Expert: Projectile Weapons (+80)
(If I happen to have more points leftover I'd pick up hand-to-hand combat skills)

Equipment: A sniper rifle almost as big as Eishtar that doesn't have a scope, with a shell made of Tin (Stores sight) that Eishtar uses as his primary metalmind, it's fixed to Eishtar by virtue of a shoulder-strap that doubles as a bendalloy bandolier, holding most of his metal vials. Eishtar also carries an Immeriling-44, a standard long-barreled revolver.

Weakness: Eishtar is shortsighted (-10), meaning he wears tin-framed spectacles (stores hearing) to see well enough to accurately take out targets at a long-range, he also has built up a dependence on bendalloy, habitually burning some regardless of whether or not he needs to, this is jarring for most people, he could be mid-sentence when he burns off some bendalloy. When he doesn't have any bendalloy on him, he goes through withdrawals, he's slower, less precise and less energetic. (-10)

Additionally, Eishtar is completely nuts. See backstory for more information.

Personality: Eishtar is brash, arrogant and overestimates his own strength all the time, he seems to always be angry, but that's because he's always around heretics. When someone has shown themselves to be a capable fighter and a skilled marksman Eishtar is more subdued and gives them the respect he believes they deserve.

Appearance[The artistically inclined are welcome to include an illustration of their character.]

Theme SongJhin, The Virtuoso's theme.

Fighting Style: Eishtar prefers fighting at long range, he's brilliant in firefights, especially those that span hundreds of meters, he frequently uses bendalloy to line up the perfect shots or darting from cover to cover, in close range combat uses his Immerling to great effect, dealing with targets with deadly precision. He's learnt to sync his bendalloy burning with the pull of a trigger, dropping the speed bubble at the last possible moment to give his opponents the least possible time to react without distorting the shot.

Character approved.

23 hours ago, Sorana said:

Short question, but are you using grammarly? Because your spoiler tags looks a little like you do. If yes, can you please disable it for the shard? It breaks quote boxes and the like.

I am! I'll disable it right now, thanks for letting me know, and for approving my character, any reccomendations for threads I should join? I'm a little out of touch

You know when you make an NPC and then end up thinking it'd be fun to keep them around? Well, here's Emily.

Name: Emily Azizi

Physical Characteristics: Ethnically British-Iranian, born and raised in England. 35 years old, short, slim build. Skin tone is a tan color; dark, straight hair often pulled back into a ponytail. Brown eyes.

Investiture: Epic Power (post-Calamity): can sense the pulse and temperature of a person by touching them (on any part of their body). (+30, subject to agreement by Voidus’s ranking)

Skills: Intelligence – Smart (+10); Handiwork – Nursing, Skilled (+25); Scholarship – Medical, Average (+20)

Equipment: N/A

Weakness: Epic weakness: Eating green beans. Increasing mental instability due to minor timeline memory recollection – causes headaches. (-5)

Family: Parents still live on Earth (Reckoners – Invocation), along with a younger brother.

Home Planet: Earth (Reckonersverse – Invocation dimension)

Backstory: Was an honor student in high school. Following graduation, began college to get a nursing degree. After several years of college, Invocation appeared and she received her powers. Graduated as a RN. Came to the Alleyplanet for a change of scene after hearing about it from an acquaintance. Was hired as a nurse at Einladung Hospital in the Cognitive ward, where she has worked for about 1 year.

Guild: N/A

Psyche: Mostly stable, although she has begun having memories of a daughter accompanied by sharp headaches, which have bothered her significantly.

Personality: A kind and intelligent woman, she is also very involved with her work, which takes much of her free time. She is one of the few nurses who doesn’t mind working in the Cognitive ward long term and is less unnerved by patient’s mental instabilities than others.

Appearance: See Physical Characteristics. Usually is wearing navy-colored scrubs and a thin necklace with a stylized S on it (see Reckoners, “Faithful”), with a clasp that will break away easily.

Theme Song: Beyond the Summit – Jennifer Thomas

Fighting Style: N/A

30 (I) + 55 (S) – ~5 (W) = ~80ish [non-official ballpark rating]

2 hours ago, 18th Shard said:

You know when you make an NPC and then end up thinking it'd be fun to keep them around? Well, here's Emily.

Easily approved, the Epic ability mostly seems like flavour since it's easily replicated by technology that's readily available so I'd probably hesitate to even stick a point total on it but it definitely comes out under the limit.

Approved.

Ok, my shot at making a character. Kaptin Storms

Spoiler

Name: Kaptin Pheilas Storms ( Kap Storms when he was young )

Physical Characteristics: A rather average looking man with black hair and a black beard.  he wears a uniform and has a sort of a commanding posture about him. 

Investiture: Twinborn Allomantic soother, chromium feruchemy (80).

Skills: average skill in melee weapons, an average university education focusing on command and leadership.

Equipment: Officers sword, dueling pistols.

Weakness: Kaptin storms is overconfident in his own abilities, he simply refuses to believe he would do anything wrong.

Family: His father is a steel mill worker while his mother works in a textile factory. Storms has  two brothers who also work at the steel mill.

Home Planet: Scadrial

Backstory: As a poor young boy growing up in a large city he always wanted to be an officer of law. it is rather amazing that Kaptin Storms graduated from a rather prestigious large university. some people think it is because he was a bright young student, although it is far more likely that allomancy was involved. As a soother he did not get in trouble for the mistakes he made and always came out on top. 
Embarassed by his humble family as he wants to be somebody prestigious, he will not talk about his family, but will instead talk of his time at the university.

Guild:  unaffiliated
Psyche:/Personality: A rather boisterous man who always wants to be in charge. he will manipulate data and logic to prove how right he is and not even noticing that he is doing so.

Appearance: [The artistically inclined are welcome to include an illustration of their character.]

Theme Song (optional):

Fighting Style: Kaptin would rather command a fight than lead it, but will fight with sword or dueling pistols.

This is my first time tell me if I missed something.:)

Edited by Lahilt

On 3.6.2020 at 5:46 AM, Lahilt said:

This is my first time tell me if I missed something.:)

Hello and welcome!

Sorry for the late reply, was a bit busy these days.

Your character looks good, rating and some feedback see below in green.

Spoiler

Name: Kaptin Pheilas Storms ( Kap Storms when he was young )

Physical Characteristics: A rather average looking man with black hair and a black beard.  he wears a uniform and has a sort of a commanding posture about him. 

Investiture: Twinborn Allomantic soother, chromium feruchemy (80).

Skills: average skill in melee weapons (35), an average university education focusing on command and leadership (20).

Equipment: Officers sword, dueling pistols.

Weakness: Kaptin storms is overconfident in his own abilities, he simply refuses to believe he would do anything wrong. (-10)

Family: His father is a steel mill worker while his mother works in a textile factory. Storms has  two brothers who also work at the steel mill.

Backstory: As a poor young boy growing up in a large city he always wanted to be an officer of law. it is rather amazing that Kaptin Storms graduated from a rather prestigious large university. some people think it is because he was a bright young student, although it is far more likely that allomancy was involved. As a soother he did not get in trouble for the mistakes he made and always came out on top. 
Embarassed by his humble family as he wants to be somebody prestigious, he will not talk about his family, but will instead talk of his time at the university.

Guild:  unaffiliated
Psyche:/Personality: A rather boisterous man who always wants to be in charge. he will manipulate data and logic to prove how right he is and not even noticing that he is doing so.

Appearance: [The artistically inclined are welcome to include an illustration of their character.]

Theme Song (optional):

Fighting Style: Kaptin would rather command a fight than lead it, but will fight with sword or dueling pistols.

Your character looks really good, he's approved! He's easily within the borders, weakness and backstory fit together well. Have fun in the Alleyverse!

Spoiler

Name: Captain Brinlytn Flightless (Brin)

Physical Characteristics: Tall and lanky dark haired fella with mischievous dark eyes. Wears a fancy Thaylen overcoat and a tricorn cap. (How did he get it? He'll never tell.) 

Investiture: Radiant, Skybreaker of the Third Ideal. Singular Hemalurgic granting additional strength, agility, and stamina.

Skills: Gravitation, Division, swashbuckling (with a Shardblade), worldhopping

Equipment: Highspren/Shardblade (does that count)? A small wooden flute- it's not older than you can comprehend, because he made it himself- and various other instruments. His Shardblade normally takes the form of a nice cutlass, when in the Physical Realm. In the spiritual realm, he carries a regular cutlass.

Weakness: Brash and reckless, and somewhat naïve. Doesn't take anything seriously. Is surprisingly emotionally vulnerable when no one is watching.

Family: His sister, Glron, currently training under a babsk.

Home Planet: Roshar, although CURRENTLY lives on Shadesmar's open seas

BackstoryHis parents were both leaders of Thaylen merchant guilds, and he would tag along with them to their visits to Urithuru. He went with them when they hunted for a chasmfiend, and, unfortunately, the hunt didn't go well. He saw the chasmfiend tear his parents apart, and swore the First Ideal to rescue his baby sister, whom his parents had brought along despite everyone telling them not to. He and his sister then trekked alone all the way back to Urithuru, where he was recognized as a Skybreaker. His sister returned to Thaylenah. He was trained to Squireship, when his master took him to Urithuru, and they hitched a ride to Shadesmar with an Elsecaller. While the two pursued justice in the city of Silverlight, his master was murdered before his eyes by a mere street thief. Brin ran all the way to the coast, and hopped on a spren pirate ship. He took on the name "Flightless" and swore his Third Ideal towards the Pirate Code. He was raised further up the chain for his physical and battle prowess, and granted his own small ship from the spren captain, which Brin named the Yondersail. His highspren, Trillium, is his first mate, and they never leave each other's sides. They literally can't. He lives primarily on his ship in Shadesmar, but periodically makes his way to Alleycity, because the cookies there are too storming good.

Guild: Skybreakers

Psyche: Quick thinking and light on his feet, but is exceptionally traumatized by seeing his parents eaten by a chasmfiend.

Personality: Loud, enthusiastic, reckless, and humorous. Always quick to a smile, joke, and a laugh. He's a charming swashbuckler.

Theme Song: He's a Pirate from Pirates of the Carribean

Fighting Style: Swashbuckling

I got me a character, I hope I didn't get anything wrong.

Edited by BringerOfLight

Ok, I’ve edited Desmund. He’s an awakener now as well, and I’ve highlighted all the changes in orange. I’m pretty sure he’s over the limit just a little, but I want to see what his new score is and then balance it out accordingly.

Spoiler

Name: Desmund Kreylaw

Physical Characteristics: Thin with a slightly above-average height. Not particularly muscular, but not scrawny, and can carry his own weight. Brown wavy hair, cut very short on the sides and a couple inches longer on the top. He has hazel eyes. 

Investiture

Trained briefly in the ways of forgery (three years of training, five learning on his own). Carries several basic stamps of his own creation, and eagerly looks for opportunities to use them. 
     He is an awakener of the third heightening. He has roughly 650 breaths; just enough for him to reach this heightening.

Skills: Taught himself how to use a sword, which he handles with average skill. (35) He also knows basic hand to hand combat from his time as a mercenary. (10) In a fight, he can generally hold his own. He is musically inclined, and can play the lute and piano with grace. 

Equipment: His clothes include vividly brown trousers and a bright blue coat, both of which have many pockets, and a dark blue cloak with silver trim. He keeps a satchel with all of his soulstamps, a tin of ink, and a chisel. Strapped to his back is both a steel sword and a lute with delicate carvings. Around his person are several other small pieces of seemingly random equipment, including but not limited to: tape, a pocketknife, a few feet of rope, a lighter, chalk, a deck of cards, paper, and a bar of soap.

Regarding His Stamps: Most of his stamps correspond with equipment he keeps with him. Some examples including:

• Changing his sword to several other shapes/lengths, for different situations.
  • Changing his shoes to a pair of sturdy boots; another stamp adds spikes for difficult terrain. 
  • Changing his nice clothing to tattered clothing.
  • Changing his lute to a wooden staff. 

Backstory

Growing up, Desmund’s family was very familiar with the arts. His parents taught him how to be delicate and creative, and he quickly gained a love for music and all kinds of art. More than making art, however, he loved to learn about it, to know pieces of art and beauty, and to observe them in detail. Through the years, he became very observant, yet outspoken at the same time. He left home as a teenager, seeking adventure, and wishing to find all of the world’s beautiful pieces of art and expression. 

But adventure, and living one one’s own was easier said then done. He eventually had to find work, and for some time, he earned a living as a mercenary, where he learned to fight. However, he never let go of his dreams, and eventually an old fellow found Desmund and took the young man under his wing. Unbeknownst to Desmund, the man was an experienced forger and worldhopper. Recognizing Desmund’s love of creativity, and his desire to know art, not just make it, he decided to train the boy in forgery, and leave Desmund his secrets before he passed from this world. Unfortunately, the man passed on not only his knowledge, but his enemies. Their training was cut short when these enemies eventually tracked down the two, and ended his mentor’s life. But, realizing he might soon meet his end, the old man told Desmund about worldhopping, and his travels to other planets, before he was killed. He tasked Desmund with continuing his work, and developing his skills as a forger. Desmund escaped, and took these words to heart. 

He explored parts of the Cosmere in the following years, visiting several different planets before coming to the Alleyverse. He was fascinated by the diverse array of peoples and cultures, but the most splendorous and beautiful to him was Nalthis, where he spent the majority of this time. Desmund was drawn to the heightened senses of pitch and color recognition that breaths offered, and quickly became an awakener for these benefits. He now resides in the Alleyverse, which he views as the hub of all art and beauty in the Cosmere, and where he hopes to continue training in forgery. 

Weakness: He has a hard time making decisions, and overthinks things very often. He is still relatively new at forgery, and must take lots of time to create even simple soulstamps. (-10) Desmund acquired his breaths for the heightened senses, rather than the ability to awaken objects. As a result, he has spent little time learning how to be an awakener, and is not very skilled in this regard.

Family: His father, mother, sister, and two brothers live on Sel. He does not know what became of them after he left home.

Home Planet: Sel

Guild: unaffiliated

Personality: He is quite observant, and prefers to know all he can about the things around him. Desmund likes people, and likes to help those in need, but will not get too involved in dangerous situations unless it is necessary. He also makes sure to be prepared for any situation. He is used to traveling, so all of his belongings fit on his person.

1 hour ago, BringerOfLight said:
  Hide contents

Physical Characteristics: Tall and lanky dark haired fella with mischievous dark eyes. Wears a fancy Thaylen overcoat and a tricorn cap. (How did he get it? He'll never tell.) 

Investiture: Radiant, Skybreaker of the Third Ideal. Singular Hemalurgic granting additional strength, agility, and stamina.

Equipment: Highspren/Shardblade (does that count)? A small wooden flute- it's not older than you can comprehend, because he made it himself- and various other instruments. His Shardblade normally takes the form of a nice cutlass, when in the Physical Realm. In the spiritual realm, he carries a regular cutlass.

Weakness: Brash and reckless, and somewhat naïve. Doesn't take anything seriously. Is surprisingly emotionally vulnerable when no one is watching.

BackstoryHis parents were both leaders of Thaylen merchant guilds, and he would tag along with them to their visits to Urithuru. He went with them when they hunted for a chasmfiend, and, unfortunately, the hunt didn't go well. He saw the chasmfiend tear his parents apart, and swore the First Ideal to rescue his baby sister, whom his parents had brought along despite everyone telling them not to. He and his sister then trekked alone all the way back to Urithuru, where he was recognized as a Skybreaker. His sister returned to Thaylenah. He was trained to Squireship, when his master took him to Urithuru, and they hitched a ride to Shadesmar with an Elsecaller. While the two pursued justice in the city of Silverlight, his master was murdered before his eyes by a mere street thief. Brin ran all the way to the coast, and hopped on a spren pirate ship. He took on the name "Flightless" and swore his Third Ideal towards the Pirate Code. He was raised further up the chain for his physical and battle prowess, and granted his own small ship from the spren captain, which Brin named the Yondersail. His highspren, Trillium, is his first mate, and they never leave each other's sides. They literally can't. He lives primarily on his ship in Shadesmar, but periodically makes his way to Alleycity, because the cookies there are too storming good.

Psyche: Quick thinking and light on his feet, but is exceptionally traumatized by seeing his parents eaten by a chasmfiend.

Personality: Loud, enthusiastic, reckless, and humorous. Always quick to a smile, joke, and a laugh. He's a charming swashbuckler.

Hmm, it might be good to add a more detailed description of his Oaths? They count as weaknesses, so it would be good to have them in a specific place, especially since pirate code doesn't explain that much. Also, it would be useful to give a reference as to how much his spike boosts his abilities.

10 hours ago, BringerOfLight said:

Hello!

Actually kenod already mentioned the points, that I need to ask of you as well. You character looks good, but for a detailed rating, could you please explain your oaths and the priate code a little bit? That way I can allocate them some points. The same thing goes for his spikes, depending on whether they are especially strong or especially weak I might allocate more or less points here (or it's simply 'normal').

==========

@Rosharan A.C.

Rating see below in green :)

Spoiler

Investiture

Trained briefly in the ways of forgery (three years of training, five learning on his own). Carries several basic stamps of his own creation, and eagerly looks for opportunities to use them. (60)
     He is an awakener of the third heightening. He has roughly 650 breaths; just enough for him to reach this heightening. (75)

Skills: Taught himself how to use a sword, which he handles with average skill. (35) He also knows basic hand to hand combat from his time as a mercenary. (10) In a fight, he can generally hold his own. He is musically inclined, and can play the lute and piano with grace. (10)

Equipment: His clothes include vividly brown trousers and a bright blue coat, both of which have many pockets, and a dark blue cloak with silver trim. He keeps a satchel with all of his soulstamps, a tin of ink, and a chisel. Strapped to his back is both a steel sword and a lute with delicate carvings. Around his person are several other small pieces of seemingly random equipment, including but not limited to: tape, a pocketknife, a few feet of rope, a lighter, chalk, a deck of cards, paper, and a bar of soap.

Regarding His Stamps: Most of his stamps correspond with equipment he keeps with him. Some examples including:

• Changing his shoes to a pair of sturdy boots; another stamp adds spikes for difficult terrain. 

Backstory

Growing up, Desmund’s family was very familiar with the arts. His parents taught him how to be delicate and creative, and he quickly gained a love for music and all kinds of art. More than making art, however, he loved to learn about it, to know pieces of art and beauty, and to observe them in detail. Through the years, he became very observant, yet outspoken at the same time. He left home as a teenager, seeking adventure, and wishing to find all of the world’s beautiful pieces of art and expression. 

But adventure, and living one one’s own was easier said then done. He eventually had to find work, and for some time, he earned a living as a mercenary, where he learned to fight. However, he never let go of his dreams, and eventually an old fellow found Desmund and took the young man under his wing. Unbeknownst to Desmund, the man was an experienced forger and worldhopper. Recognizing Desmund’s love of creativity, and his desire to know art, not just make it, he decided to train the boy in forgery, and leave Desmund his secrets before he passed from this world. Unfortunately, the man passed on not only his knowledge, but his enemies. Their training was cut short when these enemies eventually tracked down the two, and ended his mentor’s life. But, realizing he might soon meet his end, the old man told Desmund about worldhopping, and his travels to other planets, before he was killed. He tasked Desmund with continuing his work, and developing his skills as a forger. Desmund escaped, and took these words to heart. 

He explored parts of the Cosmere in the following years, visiting several different planets before coming to the Alleyverse. He was fascinated by the diverse array of peoples and cultures, but the most splendorous and beautiful to him was Nalthis, where he spent the majority of this time. Desmund was drawn to the heightened senses of pitch and color recognition that breaths offered, and quickly became an awakener for these benefits. He now resides in the Alleyverse, which he views as the hub of all art and beauty in the Cosmere, and where he hopes to continue training in forgery. 

Weakness: He has a hard time making decisions, and overthinks things very often. He is still relatively new at forgery, and must take lots of time to create even simple soulstamps. (-10) Desmund acquired his breaths for the heightened senses, rather than the ability to awaken objects. As a result, he has spent little time learning how to be an awakener, and is not very skilled in this regard. (-15)

Family: His father, mother, sister, and two brothers live on Sel. He does not know what became of them after he left home.

Personality: He is quite observant, and prefers to know all he can about the things around him. Desmund likes people, and likes to help those in need, but will not get too involved in dangerous situations unless it is necessary. He also makes sure to be prepared for any situation. He is used to traveling, so all of his belongings fit on his person.

Investiture/ Combat Skills: 135 +45 = 180

Skills: 10

Weaknesses: -25

Total: 180 + 10 - 25 = 165

(When you balance him out, please keep in mind, that we changed our ruling regarding special skills and combat related ones. You can use your weaknesses to bridge the gap, so depending on your edits he should turn out fine, just wanted to mention it upfront.)

18 hours ago, kenod said:

Hmm, it might be good to add a more detailed description of his Oaths? They count as weaknesses, so it would be good to have them in a specific place, especially since pirate code doesn't explain that much. Also, it would be useful to give a reference as to how much his spike boosts his abilities.

Ok, here's my updated character, @Sorana and @kenod:

Spoiler

Investiture: Radiant, Skybreaker of the Third Ideal. Singular Hemalurgic granting additional strength, agility, and stamina, although not to a superhuman point.

Oaths: 1) Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination. 2) I swear to exact justice to brother, to stranger, to great and small alike, impartially. 3) I swear myself to the Code of the Pirates.

Code of the Pirates: Search up "Bartholomew Robert's pirate code"

Edited by BringerOfLight

10 hours ago, Sorana said:

Rating see below in green :)

Reveal hidden contents

Investiture

Trained briefly in the ways of forgery (three years of training, five learning on his own). Carries several basic stamps of his own creation, and eagerly looks for opportunities to use them. (60)
     He is an awakener of the third heightening. He has roughly 650 breaths; just enough for him to reach this heightening. (75)

Skills: Taught himself how to use a sword, which he handles with average skill. (35) He also knows basic hand to hand combat from his time as a mercenary. (10) In a fight, he can generally hold his own. He is musically inclined, and can play the lute and piano with grace. (10)

Backstory

Weakness: He has a hard time making decisions, and overthinks things very often. He is still relatively new at forgery, and must take lots of time to create even simple soulstamps. (-10) Desmund acquired his breaths for the heightened senses, rather than the ability to awaken objects. As a result, he has spent little time learning how to be an awakener, and is not very skilled in this regard. (-15)

Investiture/ Combat Skills: 135 +45 = 180

Skills: 10

Weaknesses: -25

Total: 180 + 10 - 25 = 165

(When you balance him out, please keep in mind, that we changed our ruling regarding special skills and combat related ones. You can use your weaknesses to bridge the gap, so depending on your edits he should turn out fine, just wanted to mention it upfront.)

Thanks Sorana! I will definitely keep that in mind when I edit him.

This is a mini-character sheet for Poller, Cassie's assistant.

Spoiler

Name: Poller

Physical Characteristics: A young man of about 19 years

Investiture: F-Bronze (Sentry)

Skills: A talented but untrained businessman,  skilled at seeing from other people's viewpoints and detecting lies, and a very good cook of candies and other foodstuffs.

Equipment: Has a large bronzemind staff and a small bronze pendant that he carries wherever he goes, a few bronze stud earings in one ear, plenty of pens and papers. Also has a device that functions as an "alarm clock", which can be set to press bronzeminds to his skin for a certain length of time, but it isn't particularly mobile.

Weakness: Narcolepsy. In order to sleep soundly, Poller needs to be storing in bronze, which makes him sleep deeply but very long without his bronze-clock. He's also very tired when not tapping bronze, and will occasionally fall asleep if not tapping/tapping only a bit. (He's on his way to becoming a "savant", but no special perks for now). Poller also has a bad habit of "keying" any bronze he gets his hands on into a metalmind. Untrusting of people who he can't tell what they want.

Family: Is an orphan as far as he knows. Semi-adopted by Cassandra Adama.

Home Planet: Alleyplanet.

Backstory: Poller grew up in the Alleyverse within an orphanage, and nobody ended up coming wishing to adopt him. He had a habit of waking up at night and falling asleep during the day, and he began to sleep with his bronze pendant, the only item he had from his parents, who either had died or abandoned him. The pendant helped him sleep properly, although not perfectly. When Poller came of age, he chose to set out on his own and start a candy stand. He did moderately well, but not enough to live out of the slums or the streets. He was then "discovered" by Cassie, who took a shine to his business and culinary capabilities, and Poller found himself in a paradise, selling metal and sweets at rates he had never seen before.

Guild: Not guild affiliated, but works for and is fiercely loyal to Cassie. May follow Cassie into any guild she joins, or may find his own guild.

Psyche (can be combined with personality if neccessary):

Personality: Very kind to people, but he tends to not see the best in people and thinks that no one does anything without a motive. He never really believes that anything can be done out of the goodness of the heart, that everyone wants something - no matter how small - in return.

Fighting Style: Non-combative unless well and truly forced, and has no fighting skills. Will try to barter and reason out of every situation.

I updated my character again, after looking at the Index @Sorana, @kenod:

(several small changes and additions)

Spoiler

Investiture: Radiant, Skybreaker of the Third Ideal. 

Oaths: 1) Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination. 2) I swear to exact justice to brother, to stranger, to great and small alike, impartially. 3) I swear myself to the Code of the Pirates.

Skills: Gravitation, Division, swashbuckling (with a Shardblade), worldhopping, piracy, music

Weakness: Brash and reckless, and somewhat naïve, doesn't take anything seriously, has severe mental trauma

Psyche: Quick thinking and light on his feet, but is exceptionally traumatized by seeing his parents eaten by a chasmfiend, as well as blaming himself for the death of his master.

Theme Song: He's a Pirate from Pirates of the Caribbean

Character summary: Captain Brintlytn Flightless, rogue Skybreaker turned to piracy. Quick to a quip and grin, he's a charming swashbuckler with a small ship, dubbed the Yondersail.

Spoiler

Name: Dr. Gears

Physical Characteristics: Male, tall and thin, brown hair, brown eyes, wears a lab coat at all times. 

Investiture: 1 Aviar (same species as Sak)

Skills: Genius intelligence, Expert scholarship, Average projectile weapons (strictly firearms)

Equipment: A clipboard, a journal, Aviar feed, a pistol

Weakness: Not very strong, has little to no experience fighting up close.

Family: Unknown

Home Planet: Earth [real Earth, not Reckoners Earth]

Backstory: Dr. Gears worked with a vague yet menacing secret agency that contained anomalous objects. After [DATA EXPUNGED], which sent him into another dimension, he has begun researching the cosmere. 

Guild: Unaffiliated

Personality: Completely emotionless. Lacks a startle reflex and a flight-or-flight response. Current objective: assimilation of all cosmere knowledge. Will stop at nothing to complete the objective. No sense of morals.

Fighting Style: Sniping the enemy from a distance. If this is impossible, traps and/or explosives.

12 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

This is a mini-character sheet for Poller, Cassie's assistant.

He looks fine! Approved!

============

@BringerOfLight

Spoiler

Investiture: Radiant, Skybreaker of the Third Ideal. (160)

Oaths: 1) Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination. (-5) 2) I swear to exact justice to brother, to stranger, to great and small alike, impartially. (-5) 3) I swear myself to the Code of the Pirates. (-10)

Skills: Gravitation, Division, swashbuckling (with a Shardblade), worldhopping, piracy, music

Equipment: Highspren/Shardblade (does that count)? (no, included in 3rd oath) A small wooden flute- it's not older than you can comprehend, because he made it himself- and various other instruments. His Shardblade normally takes the form of a nice cutlass, when in the Physical Realm. In the spiritual realm, he carries a regular cutlass.

Weakness: Brash and reckless, and somewhat naïve, doesn't take anything seriously, (all:-10) has severe mental trauma (could you please elaborate that part a little? hard to judge how much it will impede him)

Psyche: Quick thinking and light on his feet, but is exceptionally traumatized by seeing his parents eaten by a chasmfiend, as well as blaming himself for the death of his master.

Character summary: Captain Brintlytn Flightless, rogue Skybreaker turned to piracy. Quick to a quip and grin, he's a charming swashbuckler with a small ship, dubbed the Yondersail.

It depends a little on the mental trauma, but he should be within the limits. Consider him tentatively approved!

====================

@Gears

Welcome to the Alleyverse! Your rating see below in green.

Spoiler

Name: Dr. Gears

Physical Characteristics: Male, tall and thin, brown hair, brown eyes, wears a lab coat at all times. 

Investiture: 1 Aviar (same species as Sak) (30)

Skills: Genius intelligence (35), Expert scholarship (40 - could you please specifiy a little what he studied?), Average projectile weapons (strictly firearms) (45)

Equipment: A clipboard, a journal, Aviar feed, a pistol

Weakness: Not very strong, has little to no experience fighting up close. (-5)

Family: Unknown

Home Planet: Earth [real Earth, not Reckoners Earth]

Backstory: Dr. Gears worked with a vague yet menacing secret agency that contained anomalous objects. After [DATA EXPUNGED], which sent him into another dimension, he has begun researching the cosmere. 

Guild: Unaffiliated

Personality: Completely emotionless. Lacks a startle reflex and a flight-or-flight response. Current objective: assimilation of all cosmere knowledge. Will stop at nothing to complete the objective. No sense of morals.

Fighting Style: Sniping the enemy from a distance. If this is impossible, traps and/or explosives.

Character approved! I'll add him to the list once you specified the field he studied, so that I don't have to edit him later on.

=============

Should you have any questions - I'll be off the shard until next Monday morning. If it's urgent please tag another mod, otherwise I'll reply then.

I've basically stolen Dr. Gears from the SCP Foundation. He studied anomalies and special containment procedures before coming to the cosmere. Since being transported to the cosmere, he's been studying Investiture, Realmatic Theory, Alleyverse mechanics, etc. Assume him to be about as knowledgeable about the cosmere as an individual with access to the Coppermind Wiki, though minus all the historical and cultural knowledge.

9 hours ago, Sorana said:

@BringerOfLight

Hide contents

Investiture: Radiant, Skybreaker of the Third Ideal. (160)

Oaths: 1) Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination. (-5) 2) I swear to exact justice to brother, to stranger, to great and small alike, impartially. (-5) 3) I swear myself to the Code of the Pirates. (-10)

Equipment: Highspren/Shardblade (does that count)? (no, included in 3rd oath) A small wooden flute- it's not older than you can comprehend, because he made it himself- and various other instruments. His Shardblade normally takes the form of a nice cutlass, when in the Physical Realm. In the spiritual realm, he carries a regular cutlass.

Weakness: Brash and reckless, and somewhat naïve, doesn't take anything seriously, (all:-10) has severe mental trauma (could you please elaborate that part a little? hard to judge how much it will impede him)

It depends a little on the mental trauma, but he should be within the limits. Consider him tentatively approved!

Alright, I'll start RPing with him, but I'll elaborate a bit on his mental trauma situation:

Spoiler

Investiture: Radiant, Skybreaker of the Third Ideal.

Oaths: 1) Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination. 2) I swear to exact justice to brother, to stranger, to great and small alike, impartially.  3) I swear myself to the Code of the Pirates.

Equipment: A small wooden flute- it's not older than you can comprehend, because he made it himself- and various other instruments. His Shardblade normally takes the form of a nice cutlass, when in the Physical Realm. In the spiritual realm, he carries a regular cutlass.

Weakness: Brash and reckless, and somewhat naïve, doesn't take anything seriously, has severe mental trauma that he locks away, but if that can of worms is opened, he will go nearly catatonic. He constantly has nightmares and flashbacks, which is why he needs to keep himself occupied by playing music when he doesn't want to think about his past, which is a secret from his crew.

I'm not sure who to ping, if anyone at all, but here are Brin's final touches.

Cool to see another Skybreaker! Please do not introduce him to Tyrian. It will not go well.

2 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Cool to see another Skybreaker! Please do not introduce him to Tyrian. It will not go well.

Too late- he's already pursuing Tyrian at the masked festival. Uh oh. (we should probably move to character discussion)

So, I'll try this out. Still will need to figure out stuff with the guilds and eras but for now I'll make my character:

Spoiler

Name: Georman "Geo" Tranrall

Physical Characteristics: Male. Tall (6'3"), slouching posture. Middle-aged 

Investiture: A-Bendalloy (Slider)

Skills: Talented negotiator. Has practiced with his bendalloy for over twenty years and knows many tricks in using the power. Slightly better than average knife-wielder, but self trained. 

Equipment: Keeps multiple vials of bendalloy on him when possible, along with an eight-inch knife concealed in his coat.

Weakness: Cocky, especially when concerning his negotiation skills. Has infrequent back pain attacks weekly but not daily, result of slouching posture. Touchy about his mother, though not very many people know the story

Family: Wilkam Tranrall, younger brother by seven years who also happens to be a Misting, though with copper. Geo is very protective of his younger brother even though Wilkam can handle himself.

Backstory: Born to a single mother, Geo grew up relatively alone on the streets without ever knowing his father. Wilkam was born almost suddenly, and it is unknown whether Geo and Wilkam share fathers. He discovered his bendalloy in his teens, and shortly thereafter his mother disappeared mysteriously. Geo took on the task of parenting his younger brother and a lot of protectiveness grew out of those first years alone. Both brothers survived those years without much incident, though there were a few situations in which Geo had to develop and use his negotiation skills. The brothers now live separately but keep in touch.

Guild: unaffiliated, might change later 

Personality: Somewhat broken sense of humor, has a wild side from living on the streets. Unexpectedly caring from time to time. A very protective friend and a very dangerous enemy.

Appearance: Black hair cut short over his face, brown eyes that seem to pierce their target. Likes his fingernails grimy. Wears a noble-like coat made to blend in but not stand out. The coat has many pockets filled with bendalloy reserves and his knife.

Fighting Style: Conservative, keeping his knife hidden for as long as possible. Surprising his enemies in a bendalloy bubble is very amusing to him and normally is his go-to strategy.

Just say the word if there is anything broken/incomplete about him.

Edited by Matrim's_Dice

Spoiler

Name: Georman "Geo" Tranrall (Cool nickname!)

Physical Characteristics: Male. Tall (6'3"), slouching posture. Middle-aged 

Investiture: A-Bendalloy (Slider) (40)

Skills: Talented negotiator. Has practiced with his bendalloy for over twenty years and knows many tricks in using the power. Slightly better than average knife-wielder, but self trained. (20)

Equipment: Keeps multiple vials of bendalloy on him when possible, along with an eight-inch knife concealed in his coat.

Weakness: Cocky, especially when concerning his negotiation skills. (-10)  Has infrequent back pain attacks weekly but not daily, result of slouching posture. Touchy about his mother, though not very many people know the story. (-10)

Family: Wilkam Tranrall, younger brother by seven years who also happens to be a Misting, though with copper. Geo is very protective of his younger brother even though Wilkam can handle himself.

Backstory: Born to a single mother, Geo grew up relatively alone on the streets without ever knowing his father. Wilkam was born almost suddenly, and it is unknown whether Geo and Wilkam share fathers. He discovered his bendalloy in his teens, and shortly thereafter his mother disappeared mysteriously. Geo took on the task of parenting his younger brother and a lot of protectiveness grew out of those first years alone. Both brothers survived those years without much incident, though there were a few situations in which Geo had to develop and use his negotiation skills. The brothers now live separately but keep in touch.

Guild: unaffiliated, might change later 

Personality: Somewhat broken sense of humor, has a wild side from living on the streets. Unexpectedly caring from time to time. A very protective friend and a very dangerous enemy.

Appearance: Black hair cut short over his face, brown eyes that seem to pierce their target. Likes his fingernails grimy. Wears a noble-like coat made to blend in but not stand out. The coat has many pockets filled with bendalloy reserves and his knife.

Fighting Style: Conservative, keeping his knife hidden for as long as possible. Surprising his enemies in a bendalloy bubble is very amusing to him and normally is his go-to strategy.

@Matrim's_Dice Nice character! Approved and I'll add it to the list later :)