Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

11 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Tyrian:

Name: Tyrian Tekiel (formerly Willum Tekiel)

Physical Characteristics: A very tall (about 7ft) man with gray skin and ruby-red [in one case, literally] eyes. Tends to wear gray clothing, a cape, and a small gray fedora, all somewhat tattered. 

Investiture: A-Chromium Misting (Leecher) (35), 2nd Ideal Dustbringer (90), koloss-blooded with a single (very degraded) koloss (iron/strength) spike. [The spike is more there to justify how koloss-like he is in appearance/demeanor than it is to strengthen him.] (5 if it doesn't add strength beyond what a trained human could do)

Oaths: Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination. I will destroy only those who stand for evil.

SkillsA good aim, but only an amateur shot without Stormlight in his crossbow (25), and very agile. Knows the basics of Hemalurgy, but mainly about stealing Surges than his own koloss spike (15). Average (but intimidating) at hand-to-hand/sickle combat (20), as he prefers his Surges, Chromium, and brute force.

(He also has, on his person but not within him, about 5 spikes granting a weakened Division surge. However, using them would "kill" his spren.)

Equipment: Carries a fabrial crossbow that infuses arrows with Gravitation and Division - they will fly straight as if fired straight down, and apply a Division affect where they land. Uses a lot of Stormlight (only 1 shot per full sphere, can hold up to 4 spheres at a time), (regarding the amount of stromlight used: we have an 'infinite' supply of stormlight or other types of investiture. So while it can use a lot, you as a player have always the possibility to have him carry enough to use the crossbow without any restriction, so while that is a restriction, it's a fluff restriction only) but can also fire arrows normally and with only Gravitation (see question about crossbow below) . Also carries an aluminum sickle, has one perfect ruby gemstone.

Weaknesses: Anger-related weaknesses: Essentially has only the two koloss emotions, boredom and fury (and some level of fear)  and is less intelligent than normal. HATES Skybreakers, and will attack anyone he suspects of being a Skybreaker unless calmed down. (He associates flying with Skybreakers, so Windrunners and Coinshots will also set him off, but if they can prove their non-Skybreaker-ness Tyrian usually won't attack.) (as before - 50 + less intelligent - 10 = -60)

He doesn’t understand his oath very well, and his nature tends to contradict it, so his powers can weaken as his spren starts disagreeing with his actions. His spren also tends to try and reign him in, to varying levels of success. (no points substracted for this, as that's the reason we substract points for oaths, I did lower the amount for his 2nd oath though) Has a paralyzing fear of heights (or more accurately, falling from said heights). Also is missing one eye - his perfect ruby is currently in his eye socket. 

Family: Has his ashspren, Cinder (looks like a flamespren, but more gray than orange), who tries to keep his rage focused on the right thing. His family from Scadrial is scattered, and he doesn't know them. Had a koloss father and a Scadrian mother, neither of whom expected the traits a koloss-blooded would bring.

Home Planet: Scadrial

Backstory: Willum Tekial was in one of the first few generations after the Catacendre, born as one of the first koloss-blooded and a Chromium Misting. After being largely shunned by his human companions, who couldn't understand his nature or his powers, he almost joined the koloss, but was unprepared for being physically spiked and fled, only receiving one spike in the back of his spine, which he barely remembers. Unable to join human or koloss on Scadrial, he worldhopped to Roshar (along with Cassie - the two know each other, but aren't close friends) and took the name Tyrian, after the ashmount of old. Abandoned by almost everyone and considered a monster by Rosharians, he eventually discovered Cinder and started to bond. But his spike was changing him, making his skin look like ash and his eyes red. Two young Skybreakers eventually heard rumors of a lone Voidbringer or possible Surgebinder in the Rosharian wastes, and confronted him. Instead of killing him directly, the pair decided to launch him into the air and try to finish him off when he landed; but they were unprepared for a strong Dustbringer bond, the power of chromium, and his sheer rage. Tyrian left that scene with a tremendous fear of falling, a hatred of Skybreakers, and two highspren trapped in smokestone. He then came to the Alleyverse, hearing rumors of ways to perhaps gain the power to get his revenge - or his peace.

Guild: Unaffiliated for now, but will be very interested in any rumors of Voidmaking.

Personality/Psyche: Koloss-like, nonchalant and uncaring most of the time, although not to the point of being uncivilized. Has a temper that is slow to rise (unless a Skybreaker appears) but turns him into a frenzied warrior. Not smart enough to realize when he's being fooled or led on, but can deduce it if it becomes obvious.

Theme Song: Tyrian prefers silence [and I don't listen to much music...]

Fighting Style: Will try and attack from afar first using his crossbow and escape with Abrasion. If forced into close quarters, he'll use his sickle (poorly), get in close, then grab his opponent and start Dustbringing.

As before my comments in green ^_^

It's definitely a lot clearer what you're aiming for and he looks definitly closer to our limit!

I've got a quick question regarding the crossbow: if the bolts fly as if fired stright down, won't they land directly in front of his feet every single time? Or are you aiming at, that they don't fly balistically, but in a straight line away from him? And if it's the second one, is the reach larger than you would expect from a usual crossbow? How strong is the surge of Division that is applied on the target? Once I know that, I will come up with a rating for the weapon.
Just that you can understand my thoughts. If it enables you, to basically 'one hit' other players, I am not sure if I can approve it in general. We know that Division is able to rip bodies apart, so if the effect is applied immediatly, you created a weapon, that others will have to evade (which is a little sad rp wise, because that's exactly what we're not aiming at). That's why I asked about how strong it is, how the bolts fly and all that.

On 5/12/2020 at 7:30 AM, kenod said:

Mari Enriel:

Hide contents

Name: Mari Enriel

Appearance: 5'4'' tall with short dark brown hair and brown eyes. Has a visible Terris heritage. Androgynous look. Wears a black coat with hoodie and trousers.

Investure:  Two spikes increasing her connection to the alleys, resulting in the following abilities:
Her connection to the alleys sometimes allows her to glimps hints of things beyond reality, as well as give her the ability to sense nearby alleytravel (distance related to the strength of the traveller and the number/size of people, as well as how badly they're mangling reality. A city-block or two for regular alleytravel). Can sense alleymatics users, and they can sense her too (are there any others around, except maybe the Stranger?). (most of this is probably just fluff, just felt it was appropriate given how her powers work)
Alleymatics-based mass shifting. (spoilered because it's way too long)

Reveal hidden contents

Equipment: Small, long cylinders filled with lead projectiles strapped beneath her forearms where she expel the projectiles by moving her wrists the right way. She uses these when her mass is increased as a short-ranged shotgun attack by letting her mass-manipulation field's effect accelerate them when they leave its range. The deflection effect makes them nearly impossible to accurately aim though, made worse by the throwing motion, making it a very short-ranged attack. Projectile speeds sit at roughly 100m/s, low enough that they'll likely be non-lethal when not hitting vital points, especially with thicker clothing. They have a quick-release function in case of Allomancers.

Skills: Hand-to-hand combat, Expert (50), Assassination, amateur (20).

Weaknesses: Poor social skills, on account of spending a large part of her life in the DA. Can't carry aluminium, since it interferes with their abilities. Her ability to see things beyond reality can sometimes cause her to see some fairly scary stuff. She has gotten used to it to some degree, so no panic attacks, but they do frighten her and make her want to get away from that place. Phasing when those things are around is a very bad idea, and consecutive use of her powers in one location can attract their attention. Her two spikes make her more vulnerable to Emotional Allomancy, but not enough to be controlled under normal circumstances.

Personality: Fairly easygoing, sometimes seems to just stare into the distance (whenever she perceives something). Has a tendency to use her laid-back attitude and jokes as a defensive mechanism, and still has a lot of unresolved issues regarding the experiments the DA performed on her, and mostly sticks around with them because the job pays well, the alleys make her feel at ease, and the fact that her abilities make it rather hard to get a different job (and possibly a loyalty spike. Are we still using those?). The stuff she's seen means that she can handle more regular scary stuff pretty well. Hates people who prey on or abuse children, and normally deals with them permanently, sometimes bringing them in as test-subjects, though she might like doing this just a tad too much.
Quite curious, enjoys learning new things.
Highly aggressive in combat, trying to finish things as fast as possible, though she prefers not to kill people under most circumstances (people she considers evil are dealt with more permanently though).

Family: Killed when she was ten.

History: Her family originally emigrated from Scandrial when she was still a baby, and got decent jobs in the alleycity. However, when she was 10 her parents got killed during a robbery when travelling while she was at home. The murderer got arrested and convicted, but she didn't have anywhere to go. However, a DA researcher found out about it and picked her up, since she was an extremely rare iron compounder, which he needed for an experiment. Experimenting on her in secret (unethical experiments are one thing, but even a fair number of DA researchers draw a line with experimenting on an unwilling kid) he altered her spiritweb, mutating her ability, and then used spikes to connect her soul to the alleys themselves, granting her the innate ability to alter her mass by partially transitioning out of reality instead. Immediately after this was done she used this ability to phase her hand through his chest, killing him in revenge for the experiments. Most other researchers didn't care that much though, since the experiment had already succeeded and they still had his notes (and nobody cared that much about someone experimenting on kids). Instead they decided to keep her there and observe and train her, and later got her a job in the DoCI.

Guild: DA

Theme-song: Delain, Danse Macabre

Bit of a tricky one regarding powers, @Voidus put the score for the second ability (mass-shifting and phasing) on roughly 80 points in the DA thread when I first pitched the ability, but the first ability (seeing eldritch stuff and sensing alleytravel and alleymatics users) needs scoring too.

I'm not sure if I even want to put a point total to the alleytravel and alleymatic sensing, to a certain degree I assume this as standard for DA members and it would be kind of annoying to specify it for all of them. It's also such a limited ability and really only useful against people in the same guild anyways.

Tentative +10 for all the perception and alley-related abilities outside of the Epic power rating.

Powers: Otherworldly perception (10),  mass shifting (80)
Skills: H2H combat (50), Assasination (20)
Weaknesses: -20

Total: 90 (M) + 70 (S) - 20 (W) = 140

Approved

And here's a new character of mine. It would be awesome if one of you two could take a look at her.
@Voidus @I think I am here.

Spoiler

Name: Vivacia Tenira (goes by Vivi)

Investiture: A-Copper

Skills: Average (Melee weapons), Skilled (dancing)

Physical: brown hair (shoulder length, colour like Max' hair), green eyes (like Damaya's), slim, but trained for a child her age

Weaknesses: takes many things too lightly and rarely considers the consequences of her actions, skips classes whenever possible

Character: happy and joyful, she knows that live can be dangerous (sometimes), but she tends to ignore that and just does whatever she wants to, very proud, all-or-nothing person

Equipment: a rapier (her size), and for training a shield, always carries a backpack (contains: her favorite stuffed animal (a white and pink unicorn, small), jelly beans, the rapier, a device so that her parents can contact her, paper and a pencil for school, an empty lunchbox, a flashlight without power, dancing shoes)

Guild affiliation: none

Homeplanet: Alleyverse

Backstory: Vivacia is the Max and Althea's daughter, their younger child. She grew up in their house close to Alleycity and when she's not skipping class she attends one of the schools nearby. She greatly adores her older brother and would do anything for him. If possible she follows him around, although she regularly runs off once she gets bored. She feels very guilty by having inherited an allomantic power while he has nothing and therefore never mentions or uses it when he is around.
She is intrigued by the thought to join a guild just like her parents and in general strives to make them and her brother proud. As she is the one with Investiture, she decided that she needs to step into their paths and asked Max to show her how to wield a weapon. He picked a rapier and so she started to learn how to use it.
Vivi's real passion is dancing and she and pours all her energy into these classes. They are one of the few appointments she's always on time for, and she trains hard all the days in between.

9 minutes ago, Sorana said:

And here's a new character of mine. It would be awesome if one of you two could take a look at her.
@Voidus @I think I am here.

Hide contents

Name: Vivacia Tenira (goes by Vivi)

Investiture: A-Copper

Skills: Average (Melee weapons), Skilled (dancing)

Physical: brown hair (shoulder length, colour like Max' hair), green eyes (like Damaya's), slim, but trained for a child her age

Weaknesses: takes many things too lightly and rarely considers the consequences of her actions, skips classes whenever possible

Character: happy and joyful, she knows that live can be dangerous (sometimes), but she tends to ignore that and just does whatever she wants to, very proud, all-or-nothing person

Equipment: a rapier (her size), and for training a shield, always carries a backpack (contains: her favorite stuffed animal (a white and pink unicorn, small), jelly beans, the rapier, a device so that her parents can contact her, paper and a pencil for school, an empty lunchbox, a flashlight without power, dancing shoes)

Guild affiliation: none

Homeplanet: Alleyverse

Backstory: Vivacia is the Max and Althea's daughter, their younger child. She grew up in their house close to Alleycity and when she's not skipping class she attends one of the schools nearby. She greatly adores her older brother and would do anything for him. If possible she follows him around, although she regularly runs off once she gets bored. She feels very guilty by having inherited an allomantic power while he has nothing and therefore never mentions or uses it when he is around.
She is intrigued by the thought to join a guild just like her parents and in general strives to make them and her brother proud. As she is the one with Investiture, she decided that she needs to step into their paths and asked Max to show her how to wield a weapon. He picked a rapier and so she started to learn how to use it.
Vivi's real passion is dancing and she and pours all her energy into these classes. They are one of the few appointments she's always on time for, and she trains hard all the days in between.

Allomancy: 35
Melee weapons (35), dancing (20)
Weaknesses: -10
Total: 35 (M) + 55(S) - 10(W) = 80

Easily within limits, but reasonable for someone her age. I'll add it to the list.

7 hours ago, Sorana said:

As before my comments in green ^_^

It's definitely a lot clearer what you're aiming for and he looks definitly closer to our limit!

I've got a quick question regarding the crossbow: if the bolts fly as if fired stright down, won't they land directly in front of his feet every single time? Or are you aiming at, that they don't fly balistically, but in a straight line away from him? And if it's the second one, is the reach larger than you would expect from a usual crossbow? How strong is the surge of Division that is applied on the target? Once I know that, I will come up with a rating for the weapon.
Just that you can understand my thoughts. If it enables you, to basically 'one hit' other players, I am not sure if I can approve it in general. We know that Division is able to rip bodies apart, so if the effect is applied immediatly, you created a weapon, that others will have to evade (which is a little sad rp wise, because that's exactly what we're not aiming at). That's why I asked about how strong it is, how the bolts fly and all that.

Cool! I still may tweak a few things, but I agree that's more what I was looking for.

Per the crossbow, I was imagining arrows flying as if Lashed, in a straight line and accelerating, giving it a larger reach. As for the Division effect, I don't know how powerful 1 sphere's worth of Stormlight really is. And it would probably be an over-time sort of thing, so if the arrow goes right through or is pulled out quickly it wouldn't have a chance to do much.

How about this: the effect of Gravitation is reverse-proportional to the Division: the longer it flies, the more Stormlight it spends on staying straight and the less it can actually use on Division. A short-range shot from a building away or so may be enough to make any torso hit a kill without healing, but a long range shot may just make the wound bigger. And it wouldn't be instantaneous either way - Tyrian built it himself using a trapped highspren, so I doubt it works at maximum efficiency.

It's more an assassination tool than a combat weapon. I could also just scrap it entirely, as now that I think about it assassination doesn't really fit with Tyrian's hyperaggressive style, and I agree dodging the death arrows isn't much of a fun RP :mellow:. Plus it frees up his skills a bit more.

Two other notes: Tyrian's koloss spike does give him some amount of power, but not very much. Naturally being koloss-blooded he's slightly stronger (and stupider) than most, and his spike enhances that effect. So he'd win an arm wrestling contest against a non-enhanced foe, but he's not going to be throwing cars or any other feats of heroism. And on the oath note, I added the bit about Tyrian stretching the oath because I see him doing it more often than than most. He and his spren don't agree on what "evil" is for the most part. (I also may want to take out that "only" in the oath, as it's following more what his potential 3rd oath would be.) Idk if that changes any points, but just giving my reasoning a bit more clarity.

Now that Byron's in Tyrian isn't that big of a priority, so I may tweak him a few times. A lumbering koloss Dustbringer beserker isn't exactly the character to introduce in a masquerade ball :blink:.

Spoiler

Name: Liam

Appearance: Tall and skinny with long blonde hair. He is average in appearance. Not very attractive or ugly.

Investiture: Steel twinborn.

Equipment: Metal vials, coin pouch, metalminds, glass knife. 

Skills: Tenacity. He will never give up until he is beaten.

Weakness: He is not that intelligent. He is incredibly vain. He thinks he is the best at everything and he can do everything himself. He is actually not that skilled of a fighter he just relies on his increased speed to allow him to get through the fight. Take away his metals and he is helpless. He thinks violence is the answer to everything. He has trouble thinking of a solution that is not "Punch them in the face."

Personality: Actually kind of naive and an idealist despite all that has happened to him. He does not like to hurt people (I know this is contradictory but when he does fight he rarely kills. He just wounds enough to get them out of the fight.)

Family: All dead. 

Home Planet: Scardrial

History: His parents were both killed in a fire when he was young. He was then taken to an orphanage with his brother and sister. They stayed there until was old enough to move away. (He moved to the alleyverse at this point) So he got a job and tried to care for his siblings. Then one day he came home and he found that both his siblings had been killed by a thief. He got really mad at the person, snuck up behind him and hit him on the head with a book. He accidently killed the person and he regrets it to this day. The shock of doing that is what caused him to snap.

Guild: Currently unaffiliated

Fighting Style: He throws a handful of coins into the air. He then pushes on them as hard as he can and runs around to maneuver the coins into the right place. He does not aim for the face or the chest. He tries to hit in the arms or legs so he does not kill them. If that does not work he runs up to the person, stabs them and runs away. He is not skilled enough with steel to be able to deflect projectiles.

I took away his Shardblade and changed up his history to match that. I think it will work know.

Hello my friends! My new era 5 characters are as follows, though Silva and Kevin simply need personality and backstory modifications, which will come first.

Kevin

Spoiler

Personality: He is a brutal soldier, loyal to the Precursors, specifically the more brutal of their hierarchs. He is detached from his emotion, but is not incapable of feelings such as love, remorse, or despair.

Backstory: When the Precursors arrived in the Alleywolrd, Kevin joined up as soon as possible, and extremely quickly climbed up the ranks, functioning as an assassin, or combat specialist. He is currently a part of the Precursor detail assigned to moderate the Citadel region to make sure that Dusk or any of the tribes, experiments, or abominations don't cause chaos outside of their bounds.

Silva

Spoiler

Personality: She was very loyal to her commander, and upon his death her loyalty transferred to Dusk and Hellbent, thought Dusk, as her direct commander, comes slightly first in her mind. She will follow her orders with brutal efficiency, without caring about collateral damage. She has detached herself from compassion, remorse, or anything else that would make someone seem human.

BackstoryWhen she was born her parents gave her to the black crusade, and she spent the next twelve years of her life  training without enhancements before going through them, as a member of raven chapter. She then spent another several years training before going into the field, specialising in hit and run attacks where she repeatedly charges through enemy lines, killing anyone she comes across, and she excelled in defeating her space marine sparing mates quickly, using her jump pack to get out of the way of her hits. At the end of her training she rose through the ranks of her chapter quickly, until her CO went rogue to join Hellbents cult, under Dusk, and she followed him. A few years later when her commanding officer died, she rose up to take his place in the rankings.

Dusk Indrajit (Hey, if I can add any combat skills that would be great, but if not I'll keep him as a non combative.)

Spoiler

Investitures: Blood sealing and epic powers. By looking into someone's eyes he can sense if they are lying to him, and if they let him in he can see memories, and later sense their presence from up to a mile away. It is possible, though incredibly difficult, to deceive him by letting him in and showing an incredibly elaborate illusion of false memory and imagination, though if any detail is missing the whole thing would likely collapse.

Build: 6 feet tall, Lean.

Age: 45~ (I don't actually know how old he is at this point.)

Skills: He is a very skilled blood sealer, and a skilled manipulator. He also is one of the most intelligent beings on the Alleyplanet, and one of the most learned scholars in every subject under the sun.

Equipment: He has a set of surgery tools wrapped in a leather jerkin, along with sewing thread, and a long range cell phone that is designed specifically to break through the Citadel's jamming.

Clothes: He wears a tailor made three piece suit with a black jacket, vest and pants, with a red shirt and tie. The trims of the jacket and the vest are in the same blood red as the shirt and tie, the shoes are black, and the buttons are a darker blood red, along with platinum cuffliks

Personality: He is cruel, brutal, and unendingly loyal to Hellbent. He is obsessive, enjoys killing and experimenting, not caring if they're innocents or not.

Weakness: Epic weakness- He cannot read the mind of anyone who is wearing, or has ingested, toxic nightshade. Personality weakness- He is obsessively loyal to Hellbent, which is a problem for a whole number of reasons, he irrationally hates TUBA, has no regard for human feelings, and is constantly experimenting, usually in ways that create more enemies.

History: He lived with his mom on Scadrial for the first 5 years of his life. His father was a blood sealer world hopper you left his mom before he was born. His earliest memory is his mom pleading with a gang in the rusts in ruin before they kill her and take her money. He was adopted by another criminal who killed the gang that killed his mom. He then kept Dusk for 6 years and was taught to do whatever it takes to stay alive. He taught him much about scadrial level science. His adoptive father was killed by Miles Hunderlives and he stayed hidden the entire time. He wandered the wastes for about a year before he was picked by another worldhopping bloodsealer who taught him about bloodsealing. Upon learning everything he could from this man, he left for the Alleyplanet, where he grew to become obsessed with Hellbent, and began a following around him. A few weeks later, his family was slaughtered by a group he believed to be affiliated to TUBA, whether they were or not. This led to Dusk becoming a true cultist of Hellbent, and skirmishing with TUBA related groups for several years, as he built towards his plan to eradicate them, rose up Hellbents ranks, and pumped out dozens of deranged experiments, building his scrap city as he went along.

The Tattered One

Spoiler

Investiture: The Tattered One is a cognitive shadow that has been gifted with a large amount of investiture, allowing it to possess dead bodies. All wounds remain on the corpse, and it will continue to rot as he rides it. He can only possess dead bodies with no spirit in them to fight back, but his spirit does not suffer any harm based on what happens to his body. The only things that can hurt him are shardblades or similar weapons. He does require muscle, bones, ligament, and other necessary components of movement, though he can speak without any of these.

Build: Varies.

Skills: He is a very skilled knifesman, swordfighter, and horse rider. He also is quite good at being utterly terrifying.

Equipment: When he is in a body with time to prepare, he keeps two knives strapped on his lower back, and a cutlass strapped to his left side.

Clothes: When he has time to prepare his body, he wears a white suit shirt with a long red tie, with black suit pants and a long black trenchcoat.

Personality: The Tattered is a devoted follower of Hellbent, psychotic, and otherwise a funny and nice guy. He enjoys killing, probably a little to much, especially in a torturous manor.

Weakness: He is incredibly devoted to Hellbent, follows Dusk's orders, is remarkably arrogant, never looks before he leaps, his hands twitch uncontrollably whenever he holds a gun, and he has an irrational fear of pomegranates, to the point where he will not step within ten feet of them.

Backstory: He was a scadrian serial killer before he worldhopped his way to the Alleyverse, before proceeding to enact dozens of ritualistic sacrifices to the goddess Death. Something about how he came through cracked his already damaged mind even more thoroughly. Eventually, he was killed before he finished his thirteenth sacrifice, and met Hellbent, and mistook him for a true god. Hellbent proceeded to give him a strange type of investiture, which fused itself to his broken, cracked, devoted, and otherwise investitureless soul, creating the Tattered One. He is called that, because every form he occupies is tattered in some way.

And there is one more, but I'll do her tomorrow. (I intended to post this last night, but my wifi died.)

Edited by Darth Woodrack

6 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

Hello my friends! My new era 5 characters are as follows, though Silva and Kevin simply need personality and backstory modifications, which will come first.

Kevin

Reveal hidden contents

Silva

Reveal hidden contents

Dusk Indrajit (Hey, if I can add any combat skills that would be great, but if not I'll keep him as a non combative.)

Reveal hidden contents

The Tattered One

Hide contents

Investiture: The Tattered One is a cognitive shadow that has been gifted with a large amount of investiture, allowing it to possess dead bodies. All wounds remain on the corpse, and it will continue to rot as he rides it. He can only possess dead bodies with no spirit in them to fight back, but his spirit does not suffer any harm based on what happens to his body. The only things that can hurt him are shardblades or similar weapons. He does require muscle, bones, ligament, and other necessary components of movement, though he can speak without any of these.

Build: Varies.

Skills: He is a very skilled knifesman, swordfighter, and horse rider. He also is quite good at being utterly terrifying.

Equipment: When he is in a body with time to prepare, he keeps two knives strapped on his lower back, and a cutlass strapped to his left side.

Clothes: When he has time to prepare his body, he wears a white suit shirt with a long red tie, with black suit pants and a long black trenchcoat.

Personality: The Tattered is a devoted follower of Hellbent, psychotic, and otherwise a funny and nice guy. He enjoys killing, probably a little to much, especially in a torturous manor.

Weakness: He is incredibly devoted to Hellbent, follows Dusk's orders, is remarkably arrogant, never looks before he leaps, his hands twitch uncontrollably whenever he holds a gun, and he has an irrational fear of pomegranates, to the point where he will not step within ten feet of them.

Backstory: He was a scadrian serial killer before he worldhopped his way to the Alleyverse, before proceeding to enact dozens of ritualistic sacrifices to the goddess Death. Something about how he came through cracked his already damaged mind even more thoroughly. Eventually, he was killed before he finished his thirteenth sacrifice, and met Hellbent, and mistook him for a true god. Hellbent proceeded to give him a strange type of investiture, which fused itself to his broken, cracked, devoted, and otherwise investitureless soul, creating the Tattered One. He is called that, because every form he occupies is tattered in some way.

And there is one more, but I'll do her tomorrow. (I intended to post this last night, but my wifi died.)

Can you please add full character sheets for the two with changed backstories? We need to add them to the new list with a complete sheet when possible.

As for the other two, the Tattered One should be okay.
100 points for the cognitive shadow abilities, 50 points for skilled with melee weapons.
-10 for rushing into things, other weaknesses are a little too circumstantial to be able to take points off.
Total of 140 so should be okay to be approved.

Dusk is going to be over the limit though even without any combat abilities.
Expert scholarship: 40 (Also doesn't really extend to being an expert on every subject under the sun, scholars tend to have a focus area of some kind so may need additional points here)
Mastermind Intelligence: 65
Handiwork (Assuming proficiency with inventions, magical tech, etc.): 40

Skills alone put him at 145
Bloodsealing: 50
Limited telepathic abilities: 40

Creating enemies: -10

Total: 145 (S) + 90 (M) -10 (W) = 225
Quite a bit over the points limits.

12 hours ago, Voidus said:

Can you please add full character sheets for the two with changed backstories? We need to add them to the new list with a complete sheet when possible.

As for the other two, the Tattered One should be okay.
100 points for the cognitive shadow abilities, 50 points for skilled with melee weapons.
-10 for rushing into things, other weaknesses are a little too circumstantial to be able to take points off.
Total of 140 so should be okay to be approved.

Dusk is going to be over the limit though even without any combat abilities.
Expert scholarship: 40 (Also doesn't really extend to being an expert on every subject under the sun, scholars tend to have a focus area of some kind so may need additional points here)
Mastermind Intelligence: 65
Handiwork (Assuming proficiency with inventions, magical tech, etc.): 40

Skills alone put him at 145
Bloodsealing: 50
Limited telepathic abilities: 40

Creating enemies: -10

Total: 145 (S) + 90 (M) -10 (W) = 225
Quite a bit over the points limits.

Alright, I'll dig up those sheets as soon as possible. In that case Dusk will remain non combative. Anyhow, I'll write up the fifth characters sheet as soon as possible, and if nobody else posts in this I'll just edit it into this.

Also, the pomengranite thing and the gun thing should both count for weakness points, because they limit the characters capabilities severely around those conditions. Also, here's the other character.

Evaline Indrajit

Spoiler

Investiture: Epic. She has two powers, one of which functions exactly like she is permanently burning atium. Her second ability allows her to control already existing wind. She cannot accelerate it, but she can change its direction, and concentrate the momentum.

Description: Evaline is a 5'9 athletic female, with long black hair kept in a braid, freckles, pale skin, and green eyes. She wears a leather jacket over a tea shirt that usually has some form of pop culture reference on it, athletic pants, and black combat boots.

Skills: She is an expert at both unarmed and knife combat, a brilliant manipulator, an amazing knife thrower, and is quite good at using her wind ability to aid her in combat or athletic pursuits. She is also learned in many sciences under Dusk.

Equipment: She keeps two knives strapped to her forearms under her jacket, another two in her boots, two at her waist, to on her lower back, and a dozen throwing knives inside her jacket.

Personality: She is a social parasite, who assimilates to whatever condition she is put in. Her personality entirely changes based on those she feels like she owes her loyalty to. Currently she jokes and goofs around like the Tattered One, while being ruthless like Silva, Dusk, and the Tattered One, enjoys killing like Dusk and the Tattered One, finds torture fun, like those two again, follows her orders with brutal efficiency, like Silva, all the while being unending loyal to her father figure, Dusk, do to her mental condition.

Weaknesses: Her epic weakness is pomegranates. If someone is wearing, or has ingested pomengranites, none of her powers can affect them. Additional weaknesses include, sharing the Tattered One's inability to use guns, and his mortal fear of pomengranites, Dusk and the Tattered One's crippling arrogance while not including Dusk's ability to still plan past it, the pure fact that if she likes someone enough she will assimilate their weaknesses into her personality, if she is ever shackled she will collapse on the ground and shudder uncontrolably, and a mortal fear of whips.

Backstory: She was born in a small town in the far reaches of the Alleyplanet. When she was 13, slavers raided her town and took her into slavery. Six months of torture later, these slavers made the deadly mistake of bringing slaves into Dusk's territory, where they were brutally murdered by Dusk's soldiers. Then Dusk adopted her, most likely as a replacement in his mind to the child he lost, suposedly to TUBA. He and the Tattered One taught her and raised her, and her time as a slave broke her mind, causing her condition. She assimilated, and became the perfect daughter, but since she has yet to meet Hellbent, she feels no loyality to him, only to her parent figures of Dusk, Silva, and the Tattered One.

Edited by Darth Woodrack

Alright, here's Tyrian v3. Removed crossbow, flushed out his personality a bit more, and added a few things to make him clearer.

Tyrian:

Spoiler

Name: Tyrian Tekiel (formerly Willum Tekiel)

Physical Characteristics: A very tall (about 7ft) man with gray skin and ruby-red [in one case, literally] eyes. Tends to wear gray clothing, a cape, and a small gray fedora, all somewhat tattered. 

Investiture: A-Chromium Misting (Leecher), 2nd Ideal Dustbringer, koloss-blooded with a single (very degraded) koloss (iron/strength) spike. [The spike is more there to justify how koloss-like he is in appearance/demeanor than it is to strengthen him, but does have some effect.]

Oaths: Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination. I will destroy those who stand for evil. [Removed “only”]

SkillsA skilled warrior in hand-to-hand combat, but only an amateur with weapons – and he tends to think he’s better than he actually is. Can be quite intimidating. Knows a bit about Hemalurgy in regards to Surges, but otherwise has below average intelligence. [moved from weaknesses]

Equipment: Carries two aluminum sickles, has one perfect ruby gemstone.

(He also has, on his person but not within him, about 5 spikes granting a weakened Division surge. However, using them would "kill" his spren.)

Weaknesses: Anger-related weaknesses: Essentially has only the two koloss emotions, boredom and fury (and some level of fear). HATES Skybreakers, and will attack anyone he suspects of being a Skybreaker unless calmed down. (He associates flying with Skybreakers, so Windrunners and Coinshots will also set him off, but if they can prove their non-Skybreaker-ness Tyrian usually won't attack. He associates Division with Dustbringers: a Skybreaker using Dvision may fool him, but if he finds out the truth…) [this isn't meant as an extra weakness for points, just something that Tyrian thinks.]

He doesn’t understand his oath very well, and his nature tends to contradict it, so his powers can weaken as his spren starts disagreeing with his actions. His spren also tends to try and reign him in, to varying levels of success. Has a paralyzing fear of heights (or more accurately, falling from said heights). Also is missing one eye - his perfect ruby is currently in his eye socket. 

Family: Has his ashspren, Cinder (he looks like a flamespren, but more gray than orange), who tries to keep his rage focused on the right thing. His family from Scadrial is scattered, and he doesn't know them. Had a koloss father and a Scadrian mother, neither of whom expected the traits a koloss-blooded would bring. He doesn’t care much about any of them.

Backstory: Willum Tekial was in one of the first few generations after the Catacendre, born as one of the first koloss-blooded and a Chromium Misting. After being largely shunned by his human companions, who couldn't understand his nature or his powers, he almost joined the koloss, but was unprepared for being physically spiked and fled, receiving only one spike in the back of his spine, which he barely remembers exists. Unable to join human or koloss on Scadrial, he worldhopped to Roshar (along with Cassie and Byron - the three know each other, but aren't close friends) and took the name Tyrian, after the ashmount of old. Abandoned by almost everyone and considered a monster by Rosharians, he eventually discovered Cinder and started to bond. But his spike was changing him, making his skin look like ash and his eyes red. Two young Skybreakers eventually heard rumors of a lone Voidbringer or possible Surgebinder in the Rosharian wastes, and confronted him. Instead of killing him directly, the pair decided to launch him into the air and try to finish him off when he landed; but they were unprepared for a strong Dustbringer bond, the power of chromium, and his sheer rage. Tyrian left that scene with a tremendous fear of falling, a hatred of Skybreakers, and two highspren trapped in smokestone. He then came to the Alleyverse, hearing rumors of ways to perhaps gain the power to get his revenge - or his peace.

Guild: Unaffiliated for now, but will be very interested in any rumors of the DA or Voidmaking. [I agree that Tyrian going down the DA path would highly clash with his oaths, but Tyrian’s always been on the edge of his oaths anyway. Breaking his oath in a search for power from his Division spikes or the DA is something he could easily end up doing if pressured in the right direction.]

Personality/Psyche: Koloss-like, nonchalant and uncaring most of the time, although not to the point of being uncivilized. Has a temper that is slow to rise (unless a Skybreaker appears) but turns him into a frenzied warrior – in most cases, his spren will try and calm him down before a fight starts, although it’s only successful if the other party isn’t antagonizing Tyrian. Not smart enough to realize when he's being fooled or led on, but can deduce it if it becomes obvious. Highly ambitious when it comes to finding new powers he can use to destroy his enemies.

Theme Song: Tyrian prefers silence [and I don't listen to much music...]

Fighting Style: Generally, stays out of a combat he isn’t involved in, unless something angers him. Such as someone using Gravitation, attacking a fellow Dustbringer, accidentally running into him, or merely looking at him the wrong way. If forced into close quarters, he'll use his sickle (poorly), get in close, then grab his opponent and start Dustbringing.

As an additional question, how are major changes to a character approved? Tyrian may end up using his spikes, "exchanging" his spren bond for a stronger Division power, perhaps with help from the DA. He may also swear his 3rd oath and gain more stability, but lose a lot of his will to fight again. Would I just re-submit his character sheet? @Sorana

Thanks for sticking through three iterations of a character... I just want to do this right. ^_^

Here's Aylitha's character sheet. Please keep in mind that she won't be a character in the traditional sense, and won't get involved in plots, instead she'll hunt those who regain memories of the old world and reset them again, making her more of a special NPC. As an aside, because of her personality, as well as safety concerns and keeping things hidden the creatures she'll send after people will be lower-powered and have various (hidden) weaknesses that can be used to either escape or defeat them, in which case characters will have a small amount of respite, which you can use if you don't want your character captured. Otherwise, if they do get captured they'll only get their memories erased, and after the procedure won't even have any injuries, so your characters won't be harmed. With that out of the way, here's the sheet (as well as the sheets for some of the creatures).

Aylitha:

Spoiler

Name: Aylitha

Age: Unknown, above the 1000s. Physically tends to look roughly 13-14, when human at least.

Appearance: Has two default avatars, a human(like) one and a fox.

• Human: She'll generally look like a 13-14 year old girl with unnaturally white skin that has purple and black veins crawling across it. her eyes are pure black, and she has long black hair that looks suspiciously like thin tendrils. Wears a simple black dress, with the bottom looking slightly tattered and worn. When regenerating or creating flesh the flesh will momentarily have a tar-like look before returning to normal. When preparing for combat her entire skin will turn to this tar-like appearance.
  • Fox: A large, roughly 5 foot tall fox, with black fur and dark grey fur, as well as small patches of dark purple shining through.

Abilities: Her body is made up of an unknown organic substance, which is capable of freely altering it's own functions and can function without a need for oxygen, which allows beings created of it to freely alter their own forms, similar to Kandra, but also capable of creating bone and hair analogues, though this matter's natural appearance tends to be a strange hybrid between fungal, plant-like and molluscoid. This matter is not magical in nature, but instead the result of immense amounts of bioengineering.
What is magical about it is that each cell contains a connection to a different universe which can supply matter and energy to the cells, as well as interfere with them. It's in this universe that Aylitha's intellect actually resides, controlling her matter remotely. Through this supply of matter she also has a basically endless regeneration ability, as well as the ability to hide additional bodies elsewhere.
She's also capable of splitting up her mind, creating different individual versions of her mind that control specific bodies, or fulfill specific tasks, working together like a hive-mind that together forms the entity known as Aylitha. Generally these sub-intelligences are still separated from each other though, to prevent any harm to an individual from affecting the whole.
Furthermore, both the main intelligence as well as the sub-intelligences also capable of creating drones, creatures that subsectioned off from Aylitha herself, though she does retain indirect control, and because of this have much more limited resources, only being able to have 40kg of mass stored away at once, though even a drone can still subdivide its mind further, but will need to rely on the creation's own brain instead of the hosted in her own universe.
Has managed to figure out how to create basic motivators from epics, but the process is crude, and because it involves creating human flesh it requires her to create a biological interface around it to be able to properly use it. Currently only has motivators from Hazel, which are limited in function, and she normally only equips drones with them, to prevent contamination of the whole.

Skills: Intelligence, mastermind. Scholarship (biology, chemistry, genetics), expert. Scholarship (investure), skilled.

Weaknesses: vulnerable to fire. While this isn't enough to kill a sub-intelligence, it can lock them down because of the need to constantly regenerate, and it can kill drones outright.
Because of her curiosity and self-preservation instincts and a preference for subtlety she normally only sends small numbers of drones to deal with her targets, and doesn't care too much if they escape, instead only escalating the power and number of drones if someone continuously kills them.
Doesn't interfere with the city except for her assignment of resetting individuals who remember the old world, unless a threat shows up that nobody is capable of dealing with, but even in that case she prefers subtlety and keeps interference to a minimum.

Personality: Highly curious, has trouble understanding people. Tends to classify based on how interesting someone is, instead of like and dislike or good and evil. While she is capable of empathy and caring about people this normally only applies to specific people close to her, and to a lesser extent those she considers interesting.
Doesn't care about what happens to drones and sub-intelligences, and they generally have low self-preservation instincts, but Aylitha as a whole does have one, going as far as placing emergency bodies and biomass on different worlds, as well as using drones and sub-intelligences to prevent harm to a part from damaging the whole.

History: Her full past is unknown even to those closest to her, Hazel and Karin. She originally arrived in the alleys while the original DA was still active, and worked alongside the Lonely God and the Stranger. When the decision was made to seal of the alleys she disappeared as well, taking the part of the alleys she made her home in and moving the partially into the physical world, placing them far beneath the city, connected to the sewers and other old tunnels, where old experiments and disconnected drones of her can be found. The alleys are still partially connected to the rest of them though, but only those chosen by Aylitha (and extremely rarely someone very (un)lucky) can travel them. Here she made her home, eventually finding Hazel wandering in the alleys as a kid, and curious about her she took her in, and later managed to bring out Karin with her help.
She's one of the few beings in the universe who know the world was reforged, though her memories of the original world are missing, and she doesn't know when the change happens, but she does know it's her task to deal with anyone who starts remembering the old world again. She personally suspects some kind of outside threat was the reason behind the change, and that large-scale memory restorations can cause it to reappear, though she isn't certain about that.

Affiliation: Aylitha's faction

theme song: Yuki Kajiura, Sis Puella Magica. Beethoven, Moonlight Sonata (1st movement).

Creatures:

Spoiler

General details:

Spoiler

Abilities: While the creatures are made up of the same base biomatter as Aylitha, the cells are normally specialized, reducing or removing their weakness to fire, but also reducing their regenerative capabilities and shapeshifting abilities, and giving them specific organs that are necessary for them to stay alive. Generally these changes also create other effects, such as greater strength or speed, or improved defensive capabilities, with the specific improvements depending on the creature.
Keep in mind that the general benefits of the cells are still there, so their strength and speed will be greater than expected for their muscle mass, and they don't require oxygen. They'll also only have a maximum of 40kg of mass available for regeneration, less if they haven't been able to eat. They can use food to replenish this reserve.
They might also have other more specific abilities, but these creatures are rarer, and generally sacrifice more on other fronts. A large number of these creatures might not rely on eyesight, instead using different senses. This can be exploited to deal with them, but can also make certain tactics against humans not work.

Weaknesses: Each creature will have a minimum of at least one weakness, which can generally be deduced, but will be unknown at the start. Aside from that, their general intelligence is normally quite limited, with their intelligence being closer to that of a smart beast, not a human. Furthermore, those specifically send out by Aylitha to hunt people aren't actually capable of killing people, instead trying to capture them.

Notes:

• While these creatures will be send out to hunt people who remember the old world, they can also be found in underground areas. The creatures encountered there are not under direct orders and don't have any issue killing and eating people.
  • When someone first starts remembering the creatures send out will be weaker, and few in number. If someone kills them or bands together with others it will cause stronger ones to be send out, but simply evading them and escaping won't cause as much escalation, and will instead cause creatures with different/better senses to be send out instead.
  • If creatures on a hunt are evaded or killed it will take time before new ones are dispatched, giving time to prepare.
  • Not all details about the creatures will be noted. If you want more specific details because your character is fighting a wild one or would have previous knowledge because of their backstory, please send me a message.

Barghest:

Spoiler

Appearance: tall (6'5''), bipedal creature whose limbs look too large, and is capable of walking on four feet as well. Covered in a coarse, black fur, with a head like that of a wolf-hound, with strange slime dripping from its jaws. Overall, its body has a thin and scrawny look. It's eyes are completely red. Instead of barking it lets out a noise similar to that of rattling chains.

Sometimes found in packs.

Faceless:

Spoiler

Appearance: Its body looks human, but has a tar-like skin, and when it moves it looks like it lacks a skeleton. It's name comes from the fact that nothing is visible on its head, instead being completely smooth.

A strange, high-pitched noise can be heard being emitted from its body.

Boeman:

Spoiler

Appearance: Headless, humanoid figure wearing shaggy clothing that leaves its stomach bare, with it's stomach being unnaturally wide, and having a stitched scar running horizontally across it.

Rumoured to take away naughty children, with the scar on its stomach transforming into a mouth.

Executor:

Spoiler

Appearance: A knight, covered in bone-white armour plates, with small amounts of tar-like skin being visible through the cracks. Looks heavy-set with muscles, but the armour doesn't look as if it has any flexibility

Schlock:

Spoiler

Appearance: Blob monster, looks as if its made up of black slime, moss and vines. No legs or other extremities are visible.

Mindstalker:

Spoiler

Appearance: Looks as if its entire body is made from chitin, with legs and arms closer to that of an insect, with a somewhat scythe-like appearance. No visible details, aside from a strange, somewhat small bulge on its back.

Can make itself appear as people from its victim's memories.

Sisters:

Spoiler

Appearance: Look a lot like a younger version of Aylitha's human avatar, but without most of the blatantly inhuman aspects, with the only remaining aspect being the white skin. Can't change facial expressions.

Intelligent. Every singly one looks exactly the same.

Foxes:

Spoiler

Appearance: Human-like, except for the fact that their head is that of a fox.

Intelligent, unspecified abilities, but likely something that appears magical. People around them seem to have an unnatural urge to trust them.

Hazel Blackmore:

Spoiler

Name: Hazel Blackmore

Appearance: 5'1", somewhat scrawny. Has longer dark-blonde hair. Her body has a large number of non-human features from the enhancements Aylitha gave her, which are visible as black veins and patches being visible on her skin, which are mainly concentrated on her limbs and back. Her eyes are completely black. Technically these enhancements are a completely different creature that exists in symbiosis with her. For her clothing she normally wears plain-looking clothing that somewhat resembles a suit, and wears dark sunglasses to hide her eyes. Always wears either earbuds or headphones. Wears a set of leather gloves. Wears a small, heavy-looking backpack.

Abilities (Epic):

• Mindsense:
    Can sense the minds of nearby beings, and use this to find their locations. She can recognize specific people this way. Range is limited to roughly 400 meters, but can be greater or smaller depending on the strength of the mind in question, as well as how much effort she's using.
    This works on the same principles as the creatures on Pathi, meaning that beings inside a coppercloud or similar magical effect (Aviar) can't be sensed.
  • Sense Borrowing:
    She can connect to specific minds she senses to borrow one or multiple of their senses. Utilizing the senses of multiple people requires a fair degree of focus though, so she can only do this with a few people at once.
  • Telepathy:
    Can read surface thoughts of minds she senses when she focusses on them. She can also directly talk to them this way, as well as broadcast messages to everyone in her vicinity.
  • Mental Illusions:
    Can create mental illusions that are either broadcasted to everyone vicinity, but limited to only one sense (generally things like disguising or hiding herself), or more complex multisensory illusions targeted to only a few specific people.
  • Memory Examination and Manipulation:
    She can perform cursory examinations of the memories of nearby people, with a range generally limited to 30m, as well as perform basic alterations to those memories. This is generally limited to erasing the last hour or so, or make them forget having seen her. When she's physically touching someone her abilities are enhanced a lot, and she can look through their entire memory, and edit whatever she wants. Certain stimuli can recover old memories though if it becomes clear to the victim that that specific memory has been altered, but it will generally take recovering information about what actually happened as well, which is why she tries to keep memories as constant as possible, relying on the fact that most people's memory is naturally unreliable.

Biological enhancements: Aylitha has made a number of modifications to her body, as well as giving her implants made from her biomatter.

• Pain Dissociative Disorder: While she does experience pain, it doesn't cause any suffering to her, and she experiences it in the same way as someone else would experience a room being warm or cold. This means that she is aware of it when she receives an injury, and can take appropriate measures, but pain doesn't actually bother her. This is what allows Aylitha to create motivators using her DNA without her being in constant pain (technically she is, but it doesn't bother her).
  • Improved physical abilities: Her body naturally has the same benefits as someone burning pewter.
  • Reduced need for oxygen: The organic matter given by Aylitha doesn't require oxygen, which allows her to conserve oxygen for much longer, being able to go without breath for 10 minutes, though heavy exertion will lower this.
  • Ocular implants: Her original, non-functional eyes have been replaced by new ones made from Aylitha's cells. These eyes are linked to the rest of the implants, and form a sentient (but not sapient) symbiotic entity that she can connect with to borrow its sight. While these eyes are attached to the muscles in her eye-sockets they aren't attached to her nervous system, and thus she can't actually focus them, needing to rely on automated mechanisms instead. These eyes are capable of viewing infrared and ultraviolet light, but this can sometimes interfere with her normal vision, and she has trouble distinguishing between different shades of the same colour.
  • Halted ageing.

Skills: Melee weapons, Average (35), Parkour, Skilled (not sure what point count this is?)

Equipment: Has a set of balisong (butterfly knives) hidden up her sleeves, as well as a number of throwing knives in different pockets. Her backpack also contains a number of them, together with taser, a blackjack and an extendable stunbaton. Also has a number of syringes with sedating agents in her backpack. Wears earbuds or headphones that are always playing music. Also carries a number of emergency batteries for her phone, glasses and earbuds.

Epic Weakness: Sensory deprivation triggers her weakness. This can also be partially triggered by taking away only one of her senses, weakening her abilities, with her senses of hearing and touch being the most important. This is also why she's always wearing something that plays music, and not hearing anything tends to make her rather nervous and stressed out, compounded by the fact that her Mindsense also weakens. Losing her sense of touch can actually send her into a panic attack, especially if she also loses her sense of hearing, and the combination is generally enough to completely negate her powers, unless there's another external sensation she can hold onto like strong smells.

Weaknesses:

• Is part of Aylitha's group, and thus doesn't interfere in things unless she has specific orders (which she won't get unless it's the only way to save the city), instead simply observing.
  • Her abilities generally don't work against copper burners, and she can't sense people inside a coppercloud or similar effect, which means she can't directly target them, though broadcasts will still affect them. The only way she can directly act against someone burning copper is physical contact, and even then it takes a lot. The only exception is people with very weak copper, like people with degraded hemalurgic spikes, in which case their signatures are simply extremely weak.
    Aluminium lined hats can make someone much harder to see and affect, but unless they use thick linings she can still affect them when putting in effort.
  • Requires her powers to see, and if someone manages to disable her abilities, either by fully triggering her weakness or through touching her while burning Chromium.

Personality: Can be rather quiet. Tries to keep other people at a distance, and is afraid of getting familiar with people. Has trouble with interacting with other people. Quickly gets attached to people who do manage to get close to her though. Has abandonment issues. Normally always has at least some form of music playing, or making noise in some way or another. Hates being in an environment without sound. Has a habit of doing tricks with her butterfly knives as a nervous tick.
Extremely devoted to Aylitha, as well as Karin, and generally doesn't care about other human beings.
Considers combat a last resort, and normally uses illusions and evasion instead to simply get away, since she knows she's hard to replace for Aylitha, and that unlike Aylitha and Karin she isn't immortal with powerful regeneration and backup bodies.
Only really comfortable around Aylitha and Karin, and has trouble dealing with things when they're not around. Considers her implants a comforting presence.
Unconsciously performs constant surface scans on people around her. She knows this is an invasion of privacy, but doesn't care.

Family: Doesn't know the state her parents back on earth. Sees Ayltiha as an adoptive parent, and isn't sure about Karin, but generally sees her as a sister.

Backstory: Originally born on Reckoners Earth with a birth defect that left her blind, which left somewhat of a strain on her relationship with her parents. She was still a kid when Calamity rose, and she ended up being accidentally abandoned during the initial panic. After a few hours passed her parents didn't return for her though, so she concluded they had abandoned her and wouldn't come back for her, so she slowly started wandering around. At the same time her abilities also started activating, which increased her fear and confusion. She accidentally wandered into the Alleys, eventually stumbling onto the part that Aylitha separated out, something that generally doesn't happen. Surprised, Aylitha nursed her back to health and raised her, and eventually managed to bring back Karin with her help, and the two of them ended up working together as Aylitha's agents to help her.
Somewhere along the line Aylitha also get her permission to install her implants, and create motivators from her.

Guild: Aylitha's group

Theme Song: Delain, See Me in Shadows. Within Temptation, Where is the Edge.

Karin Dreier (Eldritch):

Spoiler

Name: Karin Dreier (Eldritch)

Species: Aylitha drone (formerly human)

Appearance: 5'1'' tall, with an unhealthily pale skin, purple eyes and long black hair. When actively using her abilities her skin gains a tar-like appearance and her eyes become a chitin-like black. Someone paying close attention will notice she normally doesn't breath except when talking, and she doesn't have a heartbeat either. Wears nondescript clothing somewhat resembling a business suit, as well a darkened sunglasses to hide her eyes. The cloths themself are woven from her own biomatter, allowing her to use them as a output point for her abilities.

Non-human physique: Her body is made up of an unknown organic substance which gives her access to a number of abilities.

• Physical enhancement. This mainly improves her speed and agility, not her strength, and is on a similar level as the enhancement supplied by stormlight.
  • Enhanced reflexes. Her reflexes are about twice as good as those of regular humans.
  • No need for breath.
  • No need for sleep.
  • Regeneration. Her regeneration is a bit slower than that of stormlight and isn't capable of healing shardblade damage. However, the way her body works does mean she can detach or reabsorb cut limbs and regrow them. Additionally, her ... unique physical structure means that having her spine cut doesn't kill her, though it'll kill a large part of her body.
    Whenever a wound is being regenerated a tar-like molluscoid matter will cover the wound or grow in the shape of the missing limb and then revert back to her normal skin-color.
    Relies on stored mass to work.
  • Limited shapeshifting. While she can't alter her appearance or the nature of her body she's capable of detaching, absorbing and twisting her limbs, as well as growing tentacles from exposed skin. She can also use this to create clothing, though this clothing doesn't allow her to grow tentacles from it and is somewhat limited in complexity, generally limiting her to dresses and similar clothing.
    Relies on stored mass to work.

Abilities: Her powers have mutated her body into it's current state. She also has an ability that allows her to store matter in a pocket dimension, which she needs for her shapeshifting and regeneration. She can still use those abilities without having matter stored up but it requires her to use her own body instead. She can only store up to 40kg, and any additional matter she absorbs simply vanishes. She normally absorbs matter through eating but she can also absorb parts of her body or secrete acid from her tentacles to slowly digest and absorb whatever she's touching (this takes a while, and isn't really usable in combat).
Has a direct connection to Aylitha, which allows the two to communicate and allows Aylitha to clone her if she dies, but because of the way this connection works Aylitha isn't actually capable of interfering with her actions, unlike as with other drones.

Skills: Hand to hand, skilled. Smart. Scholarship (molecular biology), amateur.

Weaknesses:

• Is part of Aylitha's group, and thus doesn't interfere in things unless she has specific orders (which she won't get unless it's the only way to save the city), instead simply observing.
  • Her regeneration and shapeshifting are limited to the amount of mass she has stored up. If she uses too much of it she'll need to retreat to get more, and have to deal with the fact that her healing and shapeshifting won't work anymore.
  • Dislikes showing off her abilities, especially her shapeshifting, and tries to use it as little as possible.

Family: Her original family is long dead, but their descendants are still alive (how many depends, she can't really go back to her old world anymore so time is fuzzy). Considers Hazel to be somewhat of a sister to her, but doesn't quite know if she should treat Aylitha as a mother, old friend or sister.

Personality: Quite calm, often doesn't seem to really care about things that much. Deliberately doesn't get attached to people, since she knows that they'll die anyway in the end, but still tries to do what she feels is the right thing, and won't mind helping someone in need, as long as it doesn't interfere with Aylitha's policies.
Functions as the moral compass of the group (sort of), given that neither of the other two really cares about humans, nor do they have any sense of ethics or what is considered an appropriate response.
Her approach to situations (especially combat) tends to be highly analytical, and revolves around analysing as much as possible and using this to find weak points, and try and devise as many possible ways a situation can go and how to deal with them.

History: Originally a normal human in some random earth world, she was chosen by Aylitha as her host, and had her body mutated into its current form. For the most part Aylitha actually stayed in the background, and wasn't capable of controlling her. However, after a century or so she started growing weary of life, partially because of immortality but mostly because of a lot of dead friends and family. Eventually she handed control to Aylitha and went into a permanent sleep in a corner of their shared mind.
Nearly a millennium later, however, Aylitha managed to contact and wake her again with the help of Hazel, and together they convinced her to join her, with Karin giving Hazel permission to transform most of her memories from episodic to semantic, allowing her to remember her life but not have the deal with the emotional impact as much, and afterwards Aylitha created a new body for her, and she started helping them.

Affiliation: Aylitha's group

Theme Song: Really Slow Motion, Unbroken. Combat song: A-One, Adequate.

Hazel and Karin are meant specifically as assistants of Aylitha, and won't interfere in plots, though they might observe things, and will only interfere if someone is acting because they're remembering the old world, as well as running damage control for Aylitha's retrieval teams, though if anyone does specifically want to interact with them, they can.

Also, yeah, their outfits are references to the Men in Black, and Karin specifically designed them like this IC, though it has more practical reasons as well.

Edited by kenod

11 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

As an additional question, how are major changes to a character approved? Tyrian may end up using his spikes, "exchanging" his spren bond for a stronger Division power, perhaps with help from the DA. He may also swear his 3rd oath and gain more stability, but lose a lot of his will to fight again. Would I just re-submit his character sheet? @Sorana

Let's start with: character approved! I really look forward to see them in the rp! And you're welcome, I don't mind looking at a character several times, especially when the discussion around them is constructive.

Regarding your questions: In general, it would be great if, when you know what major changes the character will undergo, you contact a mod. If you exchange one power for another and he stays within the borders of our point limit, then basically you can do whatever you want to do. It's your character, and we most certainly don't insist they stay the same.

But, and I'll be honest with you here, we don't have a good and general solution for character advancement yet. So far, if you have an approved character and want to add some kind of power (be it a spike, a skill they learned, another oath), then please contact a mod upfront and discuss the changes. Thankfully so far, the cases have been few, but especially for all KRs, where advancement is a central part of their character concept, we need a solution. It's something we know, but nothing we (refering to the community in general) were able to solve so far. At the moment, what we want to see prior to approving an additional power is, that a lot of rp happened around that one. Be it character development for a knight radiant, or a longer time of rp spend on training, spiking or whatever you come up with.

On 5/16/2020 at 2:58 AM, SingingMosaic said:

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Nnimmani'um (double consonants are long consonants, if that makes sense, and the U is somewhere between bug and plume)

Physical Characteristics: Varies. Their coloration is red on black. Several trails of red cascade over their shoulders, drops and streaks of it drifting over the rest of their frame. Also varies. One thing that stays semi consistent are the distinctive red markings bracketing their eyes, though their specifics vary from form to form. In workform, they are gentle, rounded loops, in warform they are sharp triangular brackets, in nimbleform they are like the precise marks of some delicate script. In dullform they are just straight lines with a faint inward curve at their bottom tips.

Investiture: Singer born disconnected, picked up some knowledge of their existence after the Everstorm but the information is full of gaps. (20)

Skills: Handiwork (Survival Skills) (25) Experience as part of an information gathering network, which equates to spying experience. (Average Spying 20) Intelligent, but this varies. Average hand to hand. (20) Average knife throwing.

Equipment: two hemalurgic spikes (10), one stealing ferruchemical mental speed, (F-zinc 30) and one stealing allomantic tin. (A-tin 35) Zinc metalminds in the form of bracers, anklets and two rings, though these last are not usually seen. Vials of tin. A handful of throwing knives for when close combat isn’t the best idea, generally hidden about their person. Somewhat hydrophobic paints which match the colors of their complexion, will come off if scrubbed but won't run in rain unless it's torrential.

Weaknesses: Has issues with emotional attachment, doesn't understand it in the context of their existence, and probably wouldn't recognize it unless it hit them with a metaphorical brick. (-5) An emotional allomancer could take advantage of their spikes (-10).

Is overly magically sensitive compared to others of their kind, and has greater issues not blending with the instincts of different forms. The first means that their natural sensitivity to the environment can be overwhelming, with more detail coming through with rhythms due to the cracks the spikes made. This would be difficult at times even if they’d been exposed to their own context but, with no background on what’s happening, it can be debilitating or levels of near debilitating when magical damage is done in or to their vicinity or the world at large, or when emotions run particularly high. The second means that while they have no issue taking on different forms mechanically speaking, the things each form tends to or hesitates at are more intense, with less controllable separation between their person and their current brain. It does also mean that someone could influence them toward a particular form, when they intended to change or when it’s possible for them to. Think of the weakness in some game systems that’s usually labeled something along the lines of, needs a controlled environment. They won’t flip into singleminded pursuit of something the brain wants at the drop of a hat, but they try to keep how easily they can be influenced, both internally and externally, hidden wherever possible. Warform and mateform would be really bad ideas, for example, at least before they’ve had intensive training in focus and mindfulness.

Family: unknown

Home Planet: Roshar, though there is little memory of it, Alleyplanet, though there isn’t much foundation there.

Backstory: A pair of middle-aged human worldhoppers did the best they could to nurse them back to health, telling them that they’d been found on Roshar, weak and delirious with terrible head wounds. The two women treated them like their own child, bringing them back to Alleycity. They told them that while Alleycity wasn’t the safest place to be, Roshar wasn’t safe for anyone. They filled Nnimm in on the background of what had happened there, but having no memory of the events, it was more like reading the awful events of ancient history, someone else’s story. Both women impressed upon them how unusual their spikes were, how they might be the only one or one of a bare handful of their kind who had any, and the context for the abilities they granted. and they realized they must have had some experience with the abilities, because they picked them up again naturally. In a city full of so many different Invested and intelligent uninvested people, they learned it would be impossible to keep them secret, but they never mention them. They’ve been on the Alleyplanet for a little under a year, recovering and listening, but they never got more than faint flashes and vague impressions of anything from their old life. But beneath the quiet attentive façade is a mind burning with questions, an intense and insatiable curiosity, and a deep desire to understand who they are, where they came from, and who experimented on them. Not to run away—no, to learn from them. Because one thing that always made sense to them was that there’s no sense in running from the unknown.

Theme song: Exocat – Demons Within

Guild: unaffiliated

Psyche: somewhat emotionally unstable, but this isn't as apparent sometimes as it would be in a human. Friendly on the surface, but doesn't open up easily. Cynical, but not often dangerously or bitterly so.

Personality: Gentle and generous, slow to anger but once angry they are the slow, cold, implacable kind of angry. Too stubborn for their own good--more dig your heels in and reinforce the perimeter stubborn than shout and puff up stubborn. Discreet and attentive. Could sometimes be perceived as callous due to their lack of experience with emotional connection.

Fighting Style: They can defend themself if they need to, using a hand to hand method that utilizes quick, disabling strikes so they can get away. The fact that they're faster and stronger than humans has helped, but not much in environments full of magical people. Quick knife throws, when they can’t get close.

Hopefully this helps clear it up. Life for Nnimm as what they are is complicated and difficult and I hope I managed to portray why.

@I think I am here.

The Shard consumed the entirety of this original post in my spoiler tag. So the tags in it didn't end up coming through, I'm reposting it here with them outside, I hope that is OK. I'll tag both of you, because you've both helped me with this character and their updates. Sorry for any confusion that may have caused. :)

@Sorana

@I think I am here.

25 minutes ago, SingingMosaic said:

The Shard consumed the entirety of this original post in my spoiler tag. So the tags in it didn't end up coming through, I'm reposting it here with them outside, I hope that is OK. I'll tag both of you, because you've both helped me with this character and their updates. Sorry for any confusion that may have caused. :)

I took a look at Itiah's feedback, and then read through your additional explanation. That definitely covers the 10 points he was above the point cap. Character approved!

Era 5 Characters :) Alask, Max and Wes have the same abilities and weaknesses as before, just personality and backstory changes to fit into Era 5 (as well as changes to the Forge, which are in Alask’s bio and I’ll add it to the Forge thread as well). If one of you could take a look at Reval, that would be great :lol:. @Sorana @Voidus

Max:

Spoiler

Name: Max Tenira

Investiture: A-Zinc, F-Nicrosil Twinborn. A Rioter and a Soulbearer

Occupation: Head of Operations at the Canton of Combat publicly, and in secret is an assassin for the Ghostbloods.

Weakness: Lots of suppressed trauma (Seven Day War, going insane, Rioting Oasis, Devaan’s death, Mara’s death, the Solace incident). He’s tried to control it in day to day scenario, but a single emotional Allomancer or mentally-affecting magic user who knows what to do could use it to incapacitate him. Cares deeply for his family, which can be used against him.

Special Skills: Twinborn combination allows for very powerful Rioting. Skilled – Melee weapons (staff and sword)

Weapons:  Max wields Sethramir, a sword Devaan made that talks to him like a spren. Operates like a Shardblade, but when it hits a person it causes lasting spiritual damage (can be healed) and prevents the victim from using spiritual Investiture as long as the damage is there. The limit is that Max cannot use spiritual Investiture while holding it (so he can’t use his nicrosilminds). When twisting the hilt, Sethramir turns into a shard-spear that can control wind.

Appearance: Brown hair, brown eyes, well built for his age. Slightly shorter than average, but not by much. Often dresses in trousers and a grey fluffy coat.

Family: Doesn't remember any of his biological family, except for his twin sister, Mara, who he grew up with. Only very faintly remembers his mother's face. Has a wife, Althea, who he loves, as well as two children (Vivacia and Reval).

Home: AlleyCity (the Alleyverse).

Personality: Generally, a happy and adventurous person, though he knows how to keep cool and collected in times of stress. Can somewhat control his emotions to a degree. Has matured and grown a lot more responsible since his teenage years.

Backstory: Raised in the Alleyverse until eight by his parents. His parents fought and were killed in the Seven Day War, and Max and his sister Mara were left alone to the Abominations. He Snapped that night and was saved by Rashan Caer. Was raised from eight by Devaan Sheonar.

With Mara, they both found Aonic armors. Joining a 2v2 duel with Mara, Max saw his sister die in front of his eyes. He slowly began to go insane. He began to don an Aonic armor that was a fusion of his and his sisters, and couldn’t take it off, otherwise his insanity would take over. The culimination of his insanity ended up in him Rioting the entire of Oasis and killing hundreds of people. He was healed by Solace, who turned evil.

With Althea Tenira, they searched for Solace and saved him from his evil Epic powers. He fell in love with Althea, and after Solace was dealt with he married her.

In Era 5, he met Althea when they were teenagers and they got married in their twenties, and started a family together.

Alask:

Spoiler

Name: Alask Ao

Investiture: Alask has been spiked with the cognitive entity of a Shade, tethering it to his body, which he has a Nahel bond with. No additional Investiture.

Weakness: It required two spikes to get the Shade into Alask, so he is very vulnerable to emotional Allomancy. The Shade itself tethered to his body is also a weakness, should anything happen that angers the Shade (eg. Bloodshed) Alask could lose control of his body temporarily and the Shade will take over control. Alask is also highly susceptible to silver, as it burns him on contact.

Special Skills: Alask is not really a fighter, but if the Shade takes over Alask’s body, Alasks durability, strength and speed increase dramatically, but only as long as the Shade controls it. Effectively, he becomes an animal. Alask was trained in lockpicking by his mother, and has amateur knowledge on the subject. Alask is also great at improvising plans on the spot should anything go wrong.

Weapons: Alask doesn’t carry any weapons. Rather, he uses his bare fists for combat if he gets into it.

Appearance: Dark hair, tanned skin, brown eyes. Alask is lean, and about average height and build for his age.

Family: Mother, father and brother, though they’re on the other side of the planet and don’t know about what’s been happening with Alask.

Home: Raised from birth in the Alleyverse, though he grew up in one of the poorer districts.

Personality: Alask considers himself to be a normal person despite his spikes, which he keeps secret from everyone he doesn’t trust. He feels hate towards the guilds, as he knows one of them is the one that experimented on him. Alask is cunning and resourceful, and able to quickly form a plan from available resources. Has a sense of humour. He is highly ambitious, willing to do almost anything to enact his plans and keen to spread the influence of the Forge throughout the Northern Slums.

Backstory: Alask grew up with his parents and brother in the Alleyverse. When he turned 18, he left his home to try and find a job that would pay enough for him to take care of his family. This required significant travelling, and one day Alask was captured by a guild who ruthlessly tested on him with hemalurgy, spiking a Shade into his body utilising two spikes in the chest. When they realised he didn’t have any abilities, they threw him out. Alask’s been wandering ever since, scared to go back to his family lest his Shade kill them. He joined a thieving crew and then joined Laonin at the Forge. When Laonin left, he assumed control of the Forge and formed the plan to summon the Phoenix at PlasmaCore.

In Era 5, Alask is the high ambitious leader of the Forge, which now controls a large portion of the northern slums, in a large community that’s sort of separate from the non-slum parts of AlleyCity. He claims to do it in honour of Laonin and provides the poor with food, water, as shelter through buildings the Forge has reconstructed. However, resources are not 24/7 and the slums have sort of remained static in development since the Forge came, which is deliberately done by Alask to keep control of the area.

Wes:

Spoiler

Name: Wesley Miller (goes by Wes)

Appearance: A short teenager dressed almost always in a black Ghostblood underling cloak, which is too big for him. He uses it to hide a massive and deep running scar that crawls over his entire back to his left forearm. Usually makes himself look smaller because of self-esteem issues, has black hair and hazel eyes. Wears glasses.

Investiture: Bendalloy Feruchemy (Subsumer)

Personality: Incredibly innocent and naive to most parts of the world. To strangers he is usually introverted but he is very quick to trust people. With friends, he is cheerful most of the time. He is easily intimidated by and scared of authority figures. Has incredibly low self-esteem issues.

Strengths: Engineering and inventing, very skilled with technology and machinery for hacking and to make a variety of inventions. He is small and nimble, which allows him to crawl into small spaces. He watches a lot of action movies (sort of a skill, I guess ).

Weaknesses: Scared of authority figures, low self-esteem, overly trusting of people, overly naive and innocent, heavy trauma from scar on his back. No skill in fighting. Not very good at talking to people. Dislikes large events and crowds. Blind without his glasses. Feels powerless without some sort of tech nearby.

Backstory: Born and raised in the Ghostblood headquarters. This led to not knowing very much of the outside world, and being very subservient to GB authority figures. One day he accidentally insulted Mr. Itiah’s handwriting and got the scar on his back. He graduated from his GB dorm-school and joined the Guns N’ Ninjas GB team. Failed in assassinating Syndicate and helped remove the Vortex and some evil robots during Ajax’s Invasion.

In Era 5, Wes is a secret Ghostblood agent who’s just finished training. His role isn’t to assassinate targets or inform assassins, but to clear records of things like phones, surveillance footage etc. so that there’s no digital evidence the Ghostbloods were even there.

Reval:

Spoiler

Name: Reval Tenira

Investiture: None

Skills: Reval is intelligent and average with handiwork, hand-to-hand combat and melee weapons, specialising in long daggers. He is also amateur in scholarship.

Appearance: Average height, fit, brown hair and seemingly brown eyes that are actually maroon (a mix between brown and red (I don’t know how eye colours work :P)).

Weaknesses: Feels burdened by expectations (that aren’t really there), and thinks he has to amount to something to prove himself to his family. He feels like he’s let them down by not having Investiture, and so is envious of those who  do. High sensitivity to criticism.

Personality: Reval is a teenager with a lot of strong views on things like Investiture and Guilds. He takes after his mother in valuing logic and analysis and is eager to prove himself. He’s at heart a good person, though, and just wants the best for everyone. He’s protective of his little sister.

Guild Affiliation: None

Backstory: Reval is the oldest child of Max and Althea, and is Vivacia’s brother. He lives near to AlleyCity. When he was little he thought he’d get powers like his parents but ended up being disappointed. He felt even worse when his little sister turned out to have Allomantic abilities. He tried (and currently tries) to improve himself by doing good in school and training with weapons. He loves his family would protect his sister at all costs, but feels a little out of place.

Edited by I think I am here.

Gladly!

Reval looks good, but could you please specify the handiwork and scholarship parts? Which field he studied, what craft he's adapt with?

Spoiler

Skills: Reval is intelligent (30) and average with handiwork (20), hand-to-hand combat(20) and melee weapons (35), specialising in long daggers. He is also amateur in scholarship (10).

Weaknesses: Feels burdened by expectations (that aren’t really there), and thinks he has to amount to something to prove himself to his family. He feels like he’s let them down by not having Investiture, and so is envious of those who  do. High sensitivity to criticism. (-15)

Total: 30+20+20+35+10-15=100

@I think I am here.

On 18/05/2020 at 8:49 PM, Sorana said:

Gladly!

Reval looks good, but could you please specify the handiwork and scholarship parts? Which field he studied, what craft he's adapt with?

Reveal hidden contents

Skills: Reval is intelligent (30) and average with handiwork (20), hand-to-hand combat(20) and melee weapons (35), specialising in long daggers. He is also amateur in scholarship (10).

Weaknesses: Feels burdened by expectations (that aren’t really there), and thinks he has to amount to something to prove himself to his family. He feels like he’s let them down by not having Investiture, and so is envious of those who  do. High sensitivity to criticism. (-15)

Total: 30+20+20+35+10-15=100

@I think I am here.

Sure! With scholarship, the index lists ‘analysis’ as an option, and I’m not really sure what that entails, but I’ll pick that one since I don’t have a specific field of study in mind. With handiwork, I’d say a specialisation in fabrials (and on that note, I’ll add a painrial as a weapon he has). :)

@Sorana

Edited by I think I am here.

8 hours ago, Sorana said:

Let's start with: character approved! I really look forward to see them in the rp! And you're welcome, I don't mind looking at a character several times, especially when the discussion around them is constructive.

Regarding your questions: In general, it would be great if, when you know what major changes the character will undergo, you contact a mod. If you exchange one power for another and he stays within the borders of our point limit, then basically you can do whatever you want to do. It's your character, and we most certainly don't insist they stay the same.

Thank you so much! I'll bring him in soon, but probably not in the middle of the masquerade.

As for his changes, my guess is I'll just make another character sheet for him, as the two other "changes" I'm imagining are drastic, and depend greatly on whether Tyrian finds the DA or not.

Just making sure you guys see this, because it was kind fo small and edited into a former post.

Evaline Indrajit

Spoiler

Investiture: Epic. She has two powers, one of which functions exactly like she is permanently burning atium. Her second ability allows her to control already existing wind. She cannot accelerate it, but she can change its direction, and concentrate the momentum.

Description: Evaline is a 5'9 athletic female, with long black hair kept in a braid, freckles, pale skin, and green eyes. She wears a leather jacket over a tea shirt that usually has some form of pop culture reference on it, athletic pants, and black combat boots.

Skills: She is an expert at both unarmed and knife combat, a brilliant manipulator, an amazing knife thrower, and is quite good at using her wind ability to aid her in combat or athletic pursuits. She is also learned in many sciences under Dusk.

Equipment: She keeps two knives strapped to her forearms under her jacket, another two in her boots, two at her waist, to on her lower back, and a dozen throwing knives inside her jacket.

Personality: She is a social parasite, who assimilates to whatever condition she is put in. Her personality entirely changes based on those she feels like she owes her loyalty to. Currently she jokes and goofs around like the Tattered One, while being ruthless like Silva, Dusk, and the Tattered One, enjoys killing like Dusk and the Tattered One, finds torture fun, like those two again, follows her orders with brutal efficiency, like Silva, all the while being unending loyal to her father figure, Dusk, do to her mental condition.

Weaknesses: Her epic weakness is pomegranates. If someone is wearing, or has ingested pomengranites, none of her powers can affect them. Additional weaknesses include, sharing the Tattered One's inability to use guns, and his mortal fear of pomengranites, Dusk and the Tattered One's crippling arrogance while not including Dusk's ability to still plan past it, the pure fact that if she likes someone enough she will assimilate their weaknesses into her personality, if she is ever shackled she will collapse on the ground and shudder uncontrolably, and a mortal fear of whips.

Backstory: She was born in a small town in the far reaches of the Alleyplanet. When she was 13, slavers raided her town and took her into slavery. Six months of torture later, these slavers made the deadly mistake of bringing slaves into Dusk's territory, where they were brutally murdered by Dusk's soldiers. Then Dusk adopted her, most likely as a replacement in his mind to the child he lost, suposedly to TUBA. He and the Tattered One taught her and raised her, and her time as a slave broke her mind, causing her condition. She assimilated, and became the perfect daughter, but since she has yet to meet Hellbent, she feels no loyality to him, only to her parent figures of Dusk, Silva, and the Tattered One.

4 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

Just making sure you guys see this, because it was kind fo small and edited into a former post.

Evaline Indrajit

Hide contents

Permanent Foresight: 80
Wind manipulation: Really need more details, may not seem like much with the limitations but 'concentrate the momentum' is potential a borderline city-ending ability. 30+

Unarmed (Expert): 50
Melee weapons (Expert): 75
Scholarship (Skilled): 30

Total: 110(+?) (M) + 155(S) -30 (W) = 235
Well over the point cap, going to need to remove some abilities here, and I'll also need some more details on what exactly you mean by concentrating the wind because if you can concentrate even a small breeze that is blowing over an entire city into an area of 1 cubic meter then you can hurl cars and punch holes in buildings. The amount of force needed to create weather patterns is truly staggering.

4 hours ago, Voidus said:

Permanent Foresight: 80
Wind manipulation: Really need more details, may not seem like much with the limitations but 'concentrate the momentum' is potential a borderline city-ending ability. 30+

Unarmed (Expert): 50
Melee weapons (Expert): 75
Scholarship (Skilled): 30

Total: 110(+?) (M) + 155(S) -30 (W) = 235
Well over the point cap, going to need to remove some abilities here, and I'll also need some more details on what exactly you mean by concentrating the wind because if you can concentrate even a small breeze that is blowing over an entire city into an area of 1 cubic meter then you can hurl cars and punch holes in buildings. The amount of force needed to create weather patterns is truly staggering.

Okay, first things first. Unless the winds are already that high, she wouldn't be able to do anything like that. It's more like, general close range wind, helping her with physical momentum. Basically, this power scales dramatically on circumstance. If she's in a hurricane then she has that power behind her, but if there's barely a breese, then all it could do was speed up her punches and kicks, or correct her knife throw. This is meant to be a minor, but interesting power.

Second. I honestly think you are dramatically underscoring the weaknesses.The Tattered One's rushing into things was 10 points alone, and she has that, which I may have failed to expressly mention, but I would assume it to be clear from her mental condition. Additionally, the inability to use guns should be at least 5 points, as that is what it was when the Jackal had a similar weakness. No, I am not reusing old weaknesses, there is actually a long backstory for the Tattered One which explains trauma and why he cannot use guns. The pomegranate thing is part fractured trauma memories, part the fact that he's just utterly insane, but that doesn't truly matter. What matters is that neither of them can go within ten feet of any pomegranate, or anything made out of pomegranate. This is not a hidden fact, if you have heard of either of these people, you are aware of this. It doesn't even have to be truly pomegranate, you just have to convince that it is. May it be pomegranate juice, pomegranate paste, pure pomegranate, or any form of pomegranate. You could ward them off with a pomegranate seed. Then there's her trauma from her years as a slave, which, while still more hidden, is a significant weakness. It's hidden as in, she doesn't talk about it, and the other Dusk loyalists in the Citadel won't talk about it, but if you actually try to learn anything about them, you would discovert his. Shackles, while not her epic weakness, are an effective way to neutralize her, because she's in fact quite dangerous without her abilities. She will stay out of whip range at all costs, and if she is hit she would suffer similar effects to the shackles. Basically these weaknesses are not 'to circumstantial to be counted for points.' In fact, if these weaknesses can't be counted for points, then you should just say, 'Hey, why have weaknesses at all, let's just entirely base them on how many skill or magic points they have!' I mean, seriously, the weakness, 'Rushing into things,' and similar weaknesses, are being scored correctly to my opinion, but keep in mind that those are based entirely on how the characters are RPd. These are hard, fast, rules that I can't simply forget to rp. If someone played a character that was basically a vampire, would you not subtract points for garlic or sunlight?

I am both new and old, just came back here after 6 years. I'd like to see if I can revive my old character. The rules are stricter now, so here she is, for your review.  I hope I'm doing it right. If not, please feel free to correct me, since I'm back on training wheels.

Spoiler

Name: QuiteContrary, more commonly known as Quitty

Physical Characteristics: Brown-skinned, 5'2", slanted eyes,straight long hair, wears white and gold all the time, has a little smile on her face like she always has a secret, curves in the right places, bright red nails matching her lipstick, moves deliberately and is never seen in a hurry

Investiture: Gold Compounder

Skills: As former Mistress of the Wafflesworn Kitchens, she can cook for an army or armies. She can commandeer novices and beat them into creating and coming out with the food required regardless of budget. She has excellent sales skills, and keeps her kitchens hired to cater to both sides of a war. Very wealthy, blood of an Elariel, money-making skills. Good with a knife, whatever the knife. A mistress of poisons and potions, which is her hobby when she's not cooking. Charm is a skill she honed for a long time to hide her true murderous nature. Healing.

Equipment: Always carries a knife(s), a vial (s) of poison and a small bomb in her person.  

Weakness: Has a love/hate relationship with blood. She hates that it brings out the murderous side of her, and a little bit cannibalistic in that she licks her fingers when it's coated with blood. She looks pristine all the time, but her temper gets the better of her and this usually results in fights. She's been killed and revived before (nobody knows how many times), and everytime she comes back, she's a little more insane inside. She's a little duplicitous, if it serves her. 

Family: She has no family.

Backstory: An orphan, she was taken in by a lovely rich lady who likes to give to the poor through soup kitchens. She discovered her love for food through the kitchens, but cannot deny her morbid fascination with death because she always suspected that she was special. She was in one of the kitchens when an enemy of her foster mom blew the kitchen up, with her mom and her there. She came out of it unscathed and thus discovered her innate ability to heal, but the loss of her mom broke something inside her. Her anger drove her to kill the ones who blew the kitchen up, and she discovered that she liked it - too much. She used to experiment with the homeless (because nobody would miss them) to perfect her poisons. Took over as the benevolent benefactor of the poor, while killing some of them off. She eventually founded a world-renowned waffle kitchen that serves kingdoms, including Newcago Court and the Lords of Chaos. But disappeared sometime after the Dark Alley was formed. Nobody knew what happened to her. The only thing she remembered was experimenting with a poison that accidentally blew up her "lab". She has no recollection of events from before, but just vague flashes of memory. She resurfaces in Alleyverse wearing dirty clothes, and all she knew was that she was in the wrong place at the wrong time, with the wrong clothes.

Guild (can be unaffiliated): Honorary member of the DA when it was founded. Head of the now defunct(?) Wafflesworn

Psyche (can be combined with personality if neccessary): She's a little afraid of her own strength especially when she sees blood. She knows that she will become uncontrollable and unhinged when she's on a killing spree. Her commitment to wearing white is a reminder never to stain herself, and to keep to a narrow path of decency.

Personality: Charming. Likes to serve others as long as it serves the greater goal of advancing her business. Likes to play both sides, or all sides. Curious.

Fighting Style: Prefers not to fight head on. She likes to poison and so fights like a traitor, stabs people's backs.

6 hours ago, Quitecontrary said:

I am both new and old, just came back here after 6 years. I'd like to see if I can revive my old character. The rules are stricter now, so here she is, for your review.  I hope I'm doing it right. If not, please feel free to correct me, since I'm back on training wheels.

Excited to take a look at this character!  I'll get back to you with a rating soon.

=======

Edit: @Quitecontrary Your character is approved! I'll add her to the character list.

Edited by Sorana