Long Game 4: Colours of War

Claincy

No votes yet, and I beleive we have 18 hours left.

@Clan. In the General Rules page, it states you have to have at least 2 votes on someone for that person to Die. Is this True?

Yes, I like that rule :)

Btw, can there be multiple Agents from each side? What with there being 30 of us and all.

All I am going to say is that there could be, but then again there might not be ;)

I'm sure that was wonderfully unhelpful.

Yeah, that was basically a Peter answer.  :P

Which is to say entirely unhelpful

Basically still have no idea who is really suspicious at all or anything. I guess it'd make sense for me to try voting for some sort of Idrian, but I dunno. Also, I wouldn't exactly recommend revealing your roles to just anybody quite yet. I don't even think we have a solid guess of the number of Kahn Pahl on each side.

As long as we kill the Pahn Kahl, Aili didn't care which side won. She wanted the Idrians to get the advantage of course, but if the choice came down to killing Hallandren or Pahn Kahl, Aili would choose to kill the Pahn Kahl. They had a weird name.

Yeah, lets not kill anyone today. The story hasn't developed enough, people are still reacting to Paxen's death.

Edit: there are also only 12 or so hours left in the day, and I assume most of that will be night for us in the real world. For me it is at least.

Edited by GreyPilgrim

The crowd seemed content to just wait around until night, when the Evil people would Strike again, Well Jeo wouldn't stand for it.  Jeo exited the Kitchen to talk to the crowd, just in time to see Aili, confused Aili accuse Ben? Why had she done that? Personally, Jeo had been suspicious of that Stable boy Dainard. He was a Hallandren and no one had seen him since the Murder. Though Thomas the Wanderer hadn't shown up either, but an Idrian wouldn't sabotage the Peace effort! they needed this much more than the Hallandren did. And now he was hearing rumors that the Hallandren were organizing secretly? that was dangerous. What were they Planning?

I'm accusing, not voting for, The Gleeman and Nard1993, because they still haven't posted. If in 5 hours they still haven't posted, I'll vote for one of them to Gain Information.

About 11 hours left.

Sure enough, the crowd was starting to get riled up, talked about killing each other to find the murderers. That line of reasoning was ironic, but Rowan wasn't concerned about it. That was the way of the jungle. If killing another creature helped the predator live longer, that's what it did. And Rowan was nothing if not a man of the jungle. He wasn't afraid to get his hands bloody once the killing started.

Searching through the crowd, he found his quarry. Cog felt Rowan's gaze, and looked up. Rowan pointed at Cog (Metacognition), then drew his finger slowly across his own throat, his intent obvious. Cog just grinned, unafraid.

Yes, Cog was devious, definitely not trustworthy. That glint in his eyes, his arrogant smile... Rowan could easily picture that man putting a knife in someone's back, and enjoying it. Besides, he talked too much. Rowan hated that.

Edit: just making my vote a little more obvious- it could have easily been missed before.

Edited by Herowannabe

(Nard1993) Dainard

Thomas or Dainard? On one hand, Dainard had lived here his whole life, and was Young, But on the Other hand, he was a Hallandren, and There were few Idrian Awakeners. Thomas, though Idrian Had recently arrived, right before the killings, and he had wandered in from the Direction of T'Telir, where the other Ambassador was supposed to be. Both of them were missing. But Jeo couldn't stand to vote for a Countryman, maybe tomorrow, if he didn't show up. "I think, we might want to Consider that Dainard is the Killer."

8 Hours left. Tick Tock People.

How much could that man drink!? Even worse he started luling about manipulated lists now. Ben tried to be a good man but this was just getting rediculous. He was just thinking about a way to get out of this conversation, his new friend didn´t accept him just standing up. I´m back at my own pc so "annotation" yeah! Btw. for members of the second game, this is indeed Eddy.

Another priest bursted into the bar. "Ben. someone thinks you killed the Iridian!"

What! "What? Why?"

Ben felt a hand on his shoulder. "Man, I know how bat fellds. Can´t held you thoug with thiz."

"Give me some of that Brandy."

Cog finally finished his studies and had come to the conclusion that only one group could be behind the killings, the Pahn Kahl. After their attempt to overthrow the Hallendren government had failed, it seemed they were again trying to sabotage any hopes of peace. Unsettling, yes, but it was good to know that his own people weren't likely behind it and it was one mystery solved. 

He finally left his home to accusations against not only himself, but of other Hallendrens. There was obviously a lot of hate for them right now, due to the simple-mindedness of some people and their jumping to conclusions. These people were all pointed in the wrong direction. They seemed to think that they would be able to find the Pahn Kahl all on their own (if they suspected the double cross at all) when they needed to be working together. It seemed there was nothing to be done about it. The Idrians were out for blood and rather than clean their own house, they decided to focus on the other. 

"Foolish," Cog thought. "No wonder peace is so far off. It's like dealing with children; unruly children that would rather kill off those that are trying to help them instead of sharing." Cog would still be giving up his breath, one way or another. In some rights, he kind of hoped they would kill him. At least then he wouldn't have to suffer the inability to bring his creations to life during the time it took him to buy another breath. 

Dyrri stands, and tries to bring some sense and logic into the discussions

"Know is weak belief, suspect is not sure its enough to blieve to know that it is indeed the correct person believed to be indeed the slayer. As I am incredibly and fantastically wise it is not possible to be suspicious without suspecting that the suspiciouns is suspiciously uncertain wich is not good. One must be not only absolutely certain, but also greatly convinced that it is indeed the correct suspecious person you are suspicious towards, or you would be suspiciously daft, meaning you would not be wise. As I am wise I must carefully wait before being certain. Thus I abstain from any voting now."

Gammer watched as the gathering crowd started working itself, calling for blood. "Blood feeds blood. Blood calls Blood. Blood is, and Blood was, and Blood shall ever be." she muttered to herself. Give the folks a taste of red, and they didn't stop until they saw more. They were like those wild, charging bulls that those folk liked to play around with while waving silly, red handkerchiefs.

The Bulls would fall for the Dancer's tricks every time, and go blindly charging in, only to be outmaneuvered in the nick of time and made a fool of. But even sometimes the Dancer will misstep and get gored on the horns of their prey.

Gammer was neither Bull nor Dancer. She was the Watcher. She knew the game that was being played, and the dangers it posed both sides. Or all three, in this situation. So she would sit and wait just a little longer still.
Although if those foolish Idrians kept calling for blood, she would have no choice but to defend her countrymen. Such was the way of Halledren politics.

Murderers thought Dainard to himself this is rather concerning, I should probably be a bit more careful these days, though nobody would bother killing the stable boy would they?

He noticed one of the horses had lost a shoe

No of course not, I don't have anything to worry about

And with that decision made he went back to work.

Wyrm sighed as all the accusations flew around him. He closed his book shut with a snap and looked around, unsure of what to do. After all, he didn't want to be responsible for the death of someone. But at the same time, how could he in good conscience let these subversives do as they please? Unfortunately, there was too little information to go on, and people were already throwing accusations around.

"I would ask Thomas to give us an account of his whereabouts last night", he said, looking at the so-far quiet wanderer. Perhaps that was why he 'wandered' here - to disrupt these peace talks. True, the man claimed to be Idrian, and the Idrians wanted peace more than anyone else... But perhaps that was just his cover. It would be only too easy for an Idrian to kill another Idrian without a fight, and who would suspect an Idrian Awakener?

I'm to Tired to RP right now, but I was  voting for a Hallandren Person because The Hallandren can't be the Spy, who we need to Find the Kahn Pahl. We should Lynch someone for Information, But we need 2 votes. Thomas night be the Spy because he's Idrian, so not him. I was voting Nard because he was Inactive, but now he's posted. If Meta is Good, then he'll be a Huge help to the Village, So I'll Retract my Vote for Nard1993 (Dainard)  and vote for Ben (EdgeDancer). Sorry Eddy.

Elo sat drinking in the Green Potato.  Grim still hadn't noticed him.  He was a little bit hurt.  One did not achieve the levels of rocking that Elo did without being noticeable.  It was almost enough to have a go Grim to get the attention.  Elo sighed, drawing attention to himself was probably a bad idea.  Ah colour it! Elo was nothing if not bad (and the best Bard in all of the world). Still, ot teh best of his knowledge the Red Salmon was still dry. The Green Potato was wet, and where he wanted to be.  So not Grim then.

"Thomas, you've been awfully quiet. Time to make some noise."

well thanks to a baby who won't sleep and a poor beleaguered wife who needs a break, I got one last chance to post today. I retract my vote for Cog (Metacognition) and vote for Ben (Edgedancer) instead. Edited by Herowannabe

Seems like I´m srewed and given that you are just killing me to start the game I have no clue how to defend myself...... Don´t kill me, please! The worst part is that I haven´t even played Ben long enough to come up with a good goodbye RP. (imagine a sadface smiley here) Neither do I know who to give my breath

Edited by Edgedancer

It was happening just as Summon expected. Those conniving Idrians were using the death of their own ambassador as an excuse to kill a random Hellendren. Poor Ben might die just because of the country he was born in. Well, two can play at that game.

Summon held nothing against Thomas but so far he hadn't even attempted to defend the accusations that had been thrown his way. That seemed far more suspicious than anything Ben had done.

"Unless someone can give a good reason why Thomas has been suspiciously silent in all this, I also nominate him as suspect for the ambassadors death".

30 minutes remaining as of this post.

I have the writeup mostly written but you guys keep changing the outcome! : P

Edit: And that's time. Writeup will be up in a new thread in a few moments. Please lock this thread Meta.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

Night 1 : Tension Rising

The town was in an uproar following Paxen's murder. There was no doubt that an awakener was responsible and suspicion immediately fell on the Hallandrens. Perhaps they were hoping to gain an upper hand in the negotiations by eliminating the Idrians primary ambassador before the negotiations even began.

The Hallendrens, of course, denied the accusations. They wanted this peace just as much as the Idrians, why would they risk it by murdering the Idrian ambassador! There was something else going on here. Tensions rose and some of the locals and new arrivals started loudly declaring their views letting out their anger and suspicion. No specific accusations were made yet, but it would only be a matter of time. A few of the more level-headed Hallendrens and Idrians quietly thought through the situation, trying to work out who could possibly benefit from the murder. Could this be the work of Pahn Kahl operatives? After their failed attempt to eliminate the god King and his wife.

As the evening progressed and night approached true accusations started to fly. Aili opened the accusations, “I don't trust Ben, everyone knows the Hallendren priests are awakeners! We should kill him!” Once the accusations had started there was no stopping them. Several different people were accused, Idrians and Hallendrens alike, but as the day drew to a close the suspicions focused around Ben and Thomas, the wanderer who had ambled into town late the day before.

As the sun set spreading golden light across the village, Aili, Jeo and Rowan grabbed a bewildered Ben and started dragging him outside, much to the protestations of Wyrm and Elo who still thought Thomas was far more suspicious. They stopped as the reached the exit, blocking the doorway stood Summon, the messenger. “You shall not pass!” he declared. "Unless someone can give a good reason why Thomas has been suspiciously silent in all this, I also nominate him as suspect for the ambassadors death." As the arguing began again Ben slipped free and ran off into the night closely followed by Thomas. Realising their targets had ran off the others stopped arguing and went in search of their beds.

The votes:

Ben (Edgedancer) : Aili (Mailliw73), Jeo (The only Joe), Rowan (HeroWannabe)

Thomas (The Gleeman) : Wyrm (WyrmHero), Elo (el_warko), Summon (Awesomeness Summoned)

Very close, but nobody died.

Night 1 begins and will end at 22:30 AEST / 12:30 GMT on Tuesday.

All Night actions must be in by 10:30 AEST / 00:30 GMT on Tuesday

Before anyone asks, yeah, you can create a lifeless using Paxen's body.

Edit: A note to new players, if anyone is wondering you can talk during the night cycle.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

As the vote happened, Aodan sat quietly, watching and listening, making notations in a large notebook. There was only two reliable ways to catch a traitor. One was espionage, and the other logic. Unfortunately, logic took far longer, but it was the only way available. Even though there had been no definitive conclusion reached today, even that lack told him something. Aodan knew that if he watched for long enough, he would learn the right questions to be asking, and if he had the right questions, he knew that eventually he would find the right answers. 

Well then. I clearly missed the most exciting part of this Day. :P At least no one died. I'm a little worried that once people from the two main factions (Idrian and Hallandren) start dying people might lose track of the Pahn Kahl.