Long Game 4: Colours of War

Claincy

@Joe, Sure, I'll do a new thread for each, so long as you don't mind joining them Meta?

Just to make certain that everyone is on the right page here I want to reiterate this:

0 breaths = drab

1 breath = normal

2 breaths = 1st heightening

3 breaths = 2nd heightening

4 breaths = 3rd heightening

5 breaths = 4th heightening

6 breaths = 5th heightening

7 breaths = 6th heightening

8 breaths = 7th heightening

9 breaths = 8th heightening

10 breaths = 9th heightening

11+ breaths = 10th heightening

Thankyou for your attention, please continue with your scheduled murder.

Aili remembered now. She was born in Idris. The voice in charge told her so and she believed him. But Idrians don't like color, she thought. I do. she attributed that to the time she had spent in and around Hallendren, growing up near the border.

What happened to the diplomat? He had seemed like a nice guy, based on his shoes. Awakeners?! Aili was frightened. She had never been scared like this in her life.

Hey, Gammer! You've been oddly quiet since the assassination. Any particular reason?

I'm not overly suspicious of you yet but.... you haven't posted anything since the Game started and you've been around plenty. If you've got stuff going on and don't have time to post, just let us know and I'll drop my suspicions. However, I also know from experience just how distracting a doc can be, and things have to start somewhere. 

Edited by AonarFaileas

Heh, I have been suspiciously quiet so far this game, at least in comparison to my activity from other games. But for Gammer, it's been a perfectly normal level of activity. :D
Mostly I'm still just trying to figure out my characters RP and all the game mechanics and whatnot. Don't wanna start posting without having too much to actually say just yet.

Gammer sat at her usual spot, unsurprised at the flux of activity since the murder. What else would be the outcome when a bunch of pompous Idrians and ostentatious Hellandrans tried to meet together? She still didn't know how she could be of any help, it was still too early to have anything definite to go off of. She had heard some nearby people questioning her whereabouts, but she didn't raise any attention to herself. Not yet.
Bet you were looking for a hidden message
So she stayed where she was, on her bench, resting in the shade and embroidering. A picture was beginning to emerge from the flowing shapes and shades of red colours that were dominating the image. This was going to be a story of blood.

Edited by Gamma Fiend

Alan nervously skimmed the book, keeping his eyes on everyone over the pages of the well worn paper. Accusations were flying, and, as a newcomer, he had little idea of what to do or say, so he would just keep quiet for now.

"I thank you all, for coming here today to share in the glory of the Glorious One." The Stick surveyed his newest congregation from his seat on the dusty road. A drunk, still slumped unconscious against the wall from the previous night's stupor, garishly red shirt clashing with the dark stains of food and drink. A bird, sorting through the night's leavings with its pointed beak, pointedly ignoring all. A mouse, perched comfortably on the drunk's shirt as it nibbled on the crumbs. Truly, this congregation was his worst yet. But, with the guidance of the Stick shining from on high, he would persevere, would spread the faith far and wide. Oh, so wonderful to be the first to be given his Lord's message, to be the chosen. To be gifted this chance, to restart his life anew, without —

Pain. Sharp pain, a wetness dripping down from his forehead. What was this? Distantly, he heard the clatter of feet up above, a startled squawk before him. The Stick looked down at his feet. A stick, one end painted with a single bead of red. A sign! At last, his Lord had spoken to him once more!

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, O Great One, O Wise One, O Holy One, for bestowing this message on me! Your meaning is clear to me, the slightest twig of your majestic leafy Glory! I now know my mission!"

With that proclamation, the beggar ran madly off into the distance, salty tears joining the crimson on his face.

Cog watched as the crowd started to fall silent. Was it shock that drove most of them into such a catatonic state or could they sense the "wrongness" over the Idrian Ambassador's death. Hallendrens tended to be a flashy lot, true, but this just seemed too blatant. Cog had already come to the conclusion that this was a set up, but by whom?!? The only thing he knew for sure was that this would breed even worse relations between the Idrians and the Hallendrens if allowed to continue, but who would that benefit? 

Cog shook his head. Politics. He never did pay much attention to them and now it was coming back to bite him. This puzzle would probably solve itself if he had a better grip of the politics. As such, he decided to go see what books and news he could find. Maybe a history book or two for good measure. It wouldn't be a lot of fun studying, but Cog was fine with that. The true prize was always in the solving. 

I'm not sure what OOC means, But I think you're referring to the Blue text. I'm just using that for non-RP purposes. I want to try to RP more this game, so all my Votes and Actions will be In the Black RP text.

The Town was growing Restless, with one Ambassador dead, and the Other missing, it would be safe to assume that there was foul play afoot. And things had gone so Well since the Idrian Queen had Married the God King. There had been rumors that Pahn Khal had attempted to Sabotage the Wedding in Hallandren, could they have targeted the Peace Negotiations as well? it all seemed so maddening. Now people were saying that they should kill someone, even though they had no evidence to anyone's Guilt. Holy Austre Please, send us Guidance. I know I haven't always kept the Faith, I use bright Colors, and am Wealthy, But I have always cared for you and Yours. Your people need this Peace! They needed Guidance, and a Leader. soon.

Tril looked around, fascinated at all the bustle and color. Even after his many years out of Idris, all the varieties still amazed him. And what was this about a murder? He liked this place, and even despite his wandering, this town felt like a home to him. "The murderer must be found and dealt with at once! This area is supposed to be peaceful!"

"I know it all, and all I know, I know it is all known by the best hats, and known it is that Ben is an known suspicious person. He claim that it is known that he knows alot, that he knows to be a known scholar, but it is known he is suspicious thus he may not be known to be a scholar but rather known to be suspiciously suspicious, thus he should be suspected of foul play. also, Barthollomew is chedesh. They are not here. they are not hallandren why is he here he is trying to destroy us all perhaps or not but he might want to kill. Noone know how Chedesh should act except chedesh and if he is not chedesh and no other chedesh is here then easy to hide among chedesh for pahn kahl who got ugly hats."

Edited by dyring

Vard had gotten sidetracked by his latest project, and was surprised to see that a good chunk of the day had passed by already. As he was flipping a coin to choose between the Red Salmon and the Green Potato, he noticed a bit of a commotion.

Shoving his way through the crowd, he came across the body. "It's a shame, isn't it. We meet in a Hallendren town, and Idrian envoy dies, conveniently ending the peace talks." Vard sits and thinks for a while.

"On second thought, it's not all that much of a shame, because he was from the government, after all, and since when have they done anything but tax my work? On that note, I wish to present the latest addition to my product line, an all steel casket. For a reasonable price you can be guaranteed protection from any casual grave robbers."

With that, he left to go back to his shop after grabbing one of the fried chicken feet. He had a nagging feeling that they would be going through a large number of caskets soon, and he wanted to be sure that he had enough ready for sale.

You get an Upvote for the Sheer amount of Confusion you gave me.

You'll never find all my White Text

There are 5 lines of it!

HasheveryoneePosted?lOrldoowe havetsomehpeopleewhorareeInactive?

MUAH HAHAHAHA

Here's the Last. Will you give me Breaths?

I haven't posted (yet), but that's because of the fantastic misfortune in this game starting right when I began trying to write. I'm reading through the rules and the posts thoug, so I'll try to get a 'real' post up soon.

Grim decided to mostly ignore the crowd, for now. It was not causing too much trouble. It was simply a lot of heated discussion. Grim was left to mull things over in his own head.

Paxen dead, clearly killed by an Awakened scarf. Everyone seems to think it was the Hallandren who did it. But this is supposed to be a peace meeting. Why would they not want peace? Every Hallandren I've talked to has been as eager as any Idrian for peace. So what's the catch here?

Grim looked up as Vard, a local smith, who was also among his fellow Idrians walked in. Grim liked Vard; he was a reasonable man. Something which D'Relin was sorely lacking. Girm thought that all the ostentation of the Hallandrens was excessive. Not in the same way most Idrians did, however. Grim had never been a devout follower of Austre. It was simply that the colors bothered him.

Since it was an Awakener, it must be a Hallandren. The question remains, however, whether this Awakener is actually affiliated with the Hallandren government. Grim had never paid much attention to Hallandren politics, despite living on the Hallandren side of the border. He should probably mend that. Being willing, as he was, to take control of the Idrian side of the negotiations, he would have to know his enemy.

Grim had a lot on his mind, a lot of puzzles to solve. Paxen's death worried him. Had he been killed by the same people as we trying to kill Girm?

If Grim was to get anywhere with all this, he would have to step out of his little box. It was time to stop observing and act.

I'm around as well. I'm just with family right now so I don't have time to do a good rp post (I haven't done that much in the other games and want to try it more in this one). Hopefully I'll have some time tonight, but I don't know. We'll see. However, like bartbug, I'll join in regardless of rp time if the votes start flying.

So we haven't heard from Alvron, Gleeman, Peng, or Nard1993.

The Lunch crowd was in, and Jeo made careful note of who was where, if another Murderhappened, he wanted to know who it wasn't. He could see most of the group, though some, Like Grim, were over at the Murder scene. But no seemed to know where Fron and Thomas were. As fellow Idrians, Jeo wanted to know they were safe. There were also two Hallandrens missing, Dainard and Peng, but they Were hallandred, and could probably protect themselves with Awakeining.

EDIT: Alvron has been online and Viewing for an hour now. But not Posting.

Edited by The Only Joe

Fron sat across from a grey-clad Idrian with a nervous tick in his left cheek.  They were seated in a corner booth at the Green Potato.  People were bustling around, gossip flying everywhere over the death of the Idrian ambassador.  "Well, I'm here as you asked.  Tell me what the king wants this time so I can leave."  Fron asked as he eyed a platter of chickens feet that was served to a customer sitting across from them.

"The King wants you to use your contacts to find out  how the Hallendrens stopped the lifeless forces that almost attacked us.  The official explanation of stone armies and a rebel faction is obviously a lie.  He is willing to offer you a full pardon if you can uncover the truth as well as what happened to his two daughters." the Idrian said as he passed over a large envelope.  "Here is everything we have found out so far."

Taking the envelope, Fron quickly ripped it in half.  "Anything you have found out is worthless to me.  My contacts shall find out what happened without the incompetent findings of your amateur spies.  You shall have my report within the month.  Now if you don't mind I'm heading to the Red Salmon for lunch before going back to my fields."

Pushing his way through the crowds, Fron lit his pipe as he headed to the Red Salmon.  Hope Jeo still has some boar left.

Edited by Alvron

Sifa dithered, worried and confused.

If Metacognition is telling the truth, his actions are actually pretty logical. As an experienced player on the side of the villagers, the Pahn Kahl are quite likely to want him out of the game sooner, rather than later. By making himself suspicious, he may also buy himself some time, as the Pahn Kahl leave him alive to serve as lynch bait.

However, he is an experienced player. Which means that if he survives the first round or two of attacks, he's going to rocket up on everyone's suspect lists. Therefore it would make sense to try to do this, and lure as many people into disclosing their abilities, or lack thereof, as possible, passing the information along to his fellow Pahn Kahl until he's finally lynched under the weight of suspicion. Also the idea of becoming a drab meaning that one is no longer a threat to anyone smacks of misdirection. Sure, he may no longer have a breath to steal unlike some other juicy fourth heightened person, but that's obviously different from not being a threat.

That's he's looking for returned seems worrisome. Particularly since, unless he's Pahn Kahl, he has no way of knowing whether or not said returned is a Pahn Kahl or not, and if he expects to die immediately, the Pahn Kahl in particular could be quite safe in contacting him.

So maybe that is the intention, to lure the Pahn Kahl returned into contacting him, and staying alive long enough to pass the name along. Hm.

Or maybe he's genuinely just trying to get everyone shaken up by being crazy and antagonistic to start things rolling beyond everyone standing around and chatting.

He's all but guaranteed to have people looking at him tonight, assuming we don't kill him today. So that's... a thing.

I honestly don't know if it's better to kill someone inactive, or to twiddle our thumbs until night falls and interesting stuff starts happening. On the one hand, more information is good. On the other hand, giving up actions is bad. If we do go for someone, I'd vote not an Idrian. Lynching the spy the first day would just be sad.

Umm... this is difficult to say in a nonawkward way... so I'll be brief.

May the Hallandren Spy (The one who is an Idrian on the list but is technically Hallandren) please report to me, Meta, or Awesomeness? I gave you these three so you can choose your own, but do it quick. We need to know who is on our side.