Long Game 4: Colours of War

Claincy

The big cauldron of Soup hissed as it heated, being stirred constantly by Jeo. This soup will be perfect for Tonight's Dinner. Maybe with some bread? Dinner tonight was going to be a Lovely thing, There were so many New people!

"Message for you Sir" Jeo roared in anger at being interupted. Some might say it was a Shriek of unmanly fear, but they weren't there to hear it. So it was a Roar.

Summon stood in the door way of the Kitchen, holding a blue Envelope, and grinning at the reaction he had caused. "It's from a Local Brewery sir, you're cook said you needed drinks?"

"Ah, yes. Thank you, did she pay you already?"Jeo took the Letter, still recovering from his fea- Anger.

"Yes sir, now I have to go sir, needed elsewhere." Summon turned and Strode out the Door.

Jeo called after him, "Summon, don't forget to buy a Meal!"  Then He open up the envelope. inside was a letter from Sipha.

To Jeo, chef at the Red Salmon

My master received your offer. for the Liquor, and Will start sending Packages of the Stuff soon, please

Xnt  bam

It went on and on about proper care of the Drinks, and Payment protocol before ending.

Thank you for your Purchase

Qrtsq lc

~Sipha, Apprentice at the Local Brewery.

Hmm... It had been a while since he'd gotten an encoded message, He had better start decoding. Right after he dealt with his Soup.

Wow, 28 players :D

@Maw There are pm's as long as someone has the second heightening

@Gamma I'm still considering adjusting details on the rules for the lifeless, but them being dead players would be cool.

The game will start this Friday, at 6pm AEST, so at 7am GMT. http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/7247-game-4-colours-of-war/page-5#entry121533

That gives anyone else who wanted to join time to do so and I will have the rules settled by then, I will post the changes and additions in a new post and edit them into the OP in green.

Really looking forward to it!

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

Whoops, I forgot about that. :/

Sorry.

Don't worry, due to the sheer number of new rules and systems people are bound to forget stuff.

I'm pretty sure I'll make some silly mistake(s) about the rules before this ends.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

The game will start this Friday, at 6pm AEST, so at 7am GMT. That gives anyone else who wanted to join time to do so and I will have the rules settled by then, I will post the changes and additions in a new post and edit them into the OP in green.

Hm... I'll be working 12 hours on saturday and at a golf tournament all day sunday so might be a bit absent the first day cycle. Please don't kill me for being inactive  :unsure: Promise I'll be back in full elimination mode after the weekend.

Edited by Awesomeness Summoned

Aili couldn't remember which side of the border she had come from. Was it Idris or Hallendren? She decided it didn't matter, since she was alive and able to see all the fun things. Like piece meetings and strange people in raindrops. It seemed Master Summon had sent the letter to the Brewery and gotten a reply back. So I did find the right man. I wasn't sure. That short guy was yelling a lot and my head was tilting back and forth.

Aili is fun but quite crazy.

The game will start this Friday, at 6pm AEST, so at 7am GMT. That gives anyone else who wanted to join time to do so and I will have the rules settled by then, I will post the changes and additions in a new post and edit them into the OP in green.

Starting at 6pm AEST? If I'm doing my math right, that puts it at midnight on Thursday. Which means that I'll be incredibly inactive on the first day. Just throwing that out there. I'll be asleep when the game starts and then I'll be at work. And then driving home to see my family. And then doing stuff with them. So I'll be able to check in every once in a while, but it won't be much.

Starting at 6pm AEST? If I'm doing my math right, that puts it at midnight on Thursday. Which means that I'll be incredibly inactive on the first day. Just throwing that out there. I'll be asleep when the game starts and then I'll be at work. And then driving home to see my family. And then doing stuff with them. So I'll be able to check in every once in a while, but it won't be much.

There's no way I can make this work fantastically for everyone sadly, the thing is that I need to start it at a time when I will have the time to pm everyone their roles etc. The days and nights will all last 48 hours so hopefully everyone should have some time in that where they have an opportunity to post, the game will also start on a day cycle so the serious killing and voting won't start till the night.

I was trying to choose a time that would suit more people, here's a better idea though.

If everyone could please write in this google doc the time (in GMT) that will best suit them for the start of days and nights. Due to the 48 hour time the writeups should always fall at this time. I will try to find a time that I can do that best suits the most people.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gbT1RJ-z3uZgOGQnSYrig5e8C5gdkEPEAvLf_ecRzgg/edit

Hopefully this will give us the best time to use.

With 48 hour cycles, I don't think start time is a huge priority, at least not in my opinion. If you can't get on sometime within 48 hours to see what all has happened, I'd be surprised. For myself, the start time could be somewhere around 6AM and I'd be fine with it (I'm not a morning person, so this is the best example I can give of a time that would be horribly inconvenient for me). I'd just catch up on everything once I did get on and go from there. That's the beauty of this game; due to the long periods between turns, no one needs to feel left out no matter where they live. 

The person we should be the most concerned with making it as easy as possible on is Claincy. He has his hands full trying to organize everything, PM everyone, and do write ups. When I tried doing the 36 hour turns, it got to be too much and we had problems with getting write ups done on time and I missed PMing people a few times. My point is, it might be convenient for us to be able to be online and around when each turn finishes, but it is imperative that we keep Claincy from going insane trying to meet our requests. Considering no one knows which role they're going to get yet, if you have plans for this weekend, we won't lynch you just because you didn't speak up until later in the turn. Or at least I won't! 

Oh, I wasn't saying that we should change the time. Midnight for me is just as good as any other time would be, and it's far better than after midnight. During the weekdays I like to get to bed before midnight, but I'm just fine staying up to read a write-up. Wouldn't be the first time, as Meta well knows. :P

All that post was was more of a heads-up that I won't be around much. If at all. The last time I went home to visit family was Christmas and I spent most of those 2 1/2 days reading WoR since I was in a time-crunch to finish it. I don't really want to be horribly distracted this time around as well (and based on how attached I got to the previous games, that's actually a valid concern for me). So...yeah. If everyone else wants to change the time, that's good, but I'm perfectly okay with what it's currently at.

Sounds good Claincy. Pretty well any and every time will be inconvenient to me at some point in the week with my current schedule, so it doesn't really matter. Have you decided if we're going to start with a Day or a Night? I'm just wondering for my own sanity, I'm trying to set up my Master List as early as possible, so I'm not scrambling to keep it up to date once the game starts, and good chunk of the layout changes depending on this. : P

"...Why hello, what is your name?"

"Aodan," he said, putting out his hand to shake. "Scholar by trade, glorified scribe by circumstance. I'm sorry, but I couldn't help overhearing you discussing the influence of group perception on Biochromatic Commands. Once upon a time it was an area of expertise of mine." 

Taking the last empty seat at the table, Aodan continued. "There are dozens of interesting correlations between every different type of Biochromatic Entity and Cognitive Perception. A great deal of which are outlined in this here book, if you didn't already know. Even the Retuned themselves seem to be affected by it, from decade to decade their general physical characteristics seem to change to fit our ever-fluctuating standards of perfection." 

Maill: Haha, you're not the only one. Being on the same side as her only highlighted how good she can be at this sort of thing. ;) 

​Gamma: I hope you don't mind me borrowing your organizational system for my signature. It's neatness appeals to my OCD. :P

Edited by AonarFaileas

Maw, I Said that the White text was Encoded. You have to find the White text, than decode it. And as soon As I think someone has broken the Code, I'll receive a letter giving me a New code to use. Also, If we could start somewhere between 1:00 am and 11:00 pm GMT than i'll be happy.

Wilson, with you in a game again, I'm not going to outright trust you anymore. I'm done with that. It kinda worked the first time but not at all the second so, sorry. ;)

Maill: Haha, you're not the only one. Being on the same side as her only highlighted how good she can be at this sort of thing. ;) 

I'm hurt, you two. Devastated. Truly. I mean, I get why you don't trust me, Maill, since I did kind of betray you a bit. But you really didn't trust me at all in the second game? Even before you died? And Aonar! How could you?! I wasn't the only one planning and conspiring. You actually got into the trusted group, so what's that say about you and your insane gambits that actually work? :P

...Oh, this game is gonna be great. And terrible. And amazing. All at the same time. I'm not trusting anybody (even though I'm really going to want to trust my fellow ex-Spiked...we just worked so darn well together!).

Aili couldn't remember which side of the border she had come from. Was it Idris or Hallendren? She decided it didn't matter, since she was alive and able to see all the fun things. Like piece meetings and strange people in raindrops. It seemed Master Summon had sent the letter to the Brewery and gotten a reply back. So I did find the right man. I wasn't sure. That short guy was yelling a lot and my head was tilting back and forth.

Aili is fun but quite crazy.

Angling for a returned gig eh?

How do Pahn Kahl people refer to themselves Pahn Kahli, Pahn Kahilian, Pahn Kahlese?

Edited by el_warko

Is there still time for me to join?

Chide sat at a table near the edge of the room.  While growing up nearly isolated on a small farm with his parents, he had thought it would be exhilarating to finally see a large group of people in one place.  He was wrong.  It was stifling.  He glanced at the "friendly" faces of people walking around the restaurant.  They appeared amiable, but nearly all of them had belt knives, and who knew what evil their hearts hid?  

Chide wasn't afraid of people.  He was afraid of metal.  From an early age, Chide was trained by his father, Scad, to hate metal.  Nobody knows where Scad came from.  The man had shown up in the village one day with a gaping hole in his shoulder, delirious with tales of another world.  

And Aonar! How could you?! I wasn't the only one planning and conspiring. You actually got into the trusted group, so what's that say about you and your insane gambits that actually work? :P

...Oh, this game is gonna be great. And terrible. And amazing. All at the same time. I'm not trusting anybody (even though I'm really going to want to trust my fellow ex-Spiked...we just worked so darn well together!).

Shhhhhh... You weren't supposed to mention those. ;) What's a little manipulation between friends, anyway? ; )

Yeah, this game is going to be very interesting. *Insert Adem handtalk for vast understatement here* We (the ex-Spiked) did work really well as a team, but that doesn't mean I'm trusting any of you. :P

Edited by AonarFaileas

Jeo bustled around the Lunch Crowd, asking how meals were, learning names and Faces. There were so many new people. he really hoped that there was a peace. If there was, More people would be coming through town, eating at his Restaurant. He could make a Fortune!

Chid, what's your Job, I just have you down as a Person?

I don't care what time we start, but, I will be busy for the rest of this week.

Tril watched with interest at all of the people walking in.  He hadn't seen this many people here at all.

I am no longer a Pahn Kahl so no need to kill me immediately 

Edited by Tulir

Some gameplay clarification questions

If someone sends an outdated password and command, will they be told that it has been changed? Or left to assume that there was a conflict/their target was protected?

How possible is it to distinguish between kill types? (is it obvious when a lifeless kills as opposed to the Pahn Kahl, or an awakened sword?)