Claincy

Long Game 4: Colours of War

1,030 posts in this topic

I knew right when I saw that that I likely would be a target, so it will turn out interesting what position I get.

We could always just upvote you to the next rank.

So I just Realized, RP Wise, there's no where for all the Visitors to Sleep, there's two Restaurants, but no Inn's or Hotels. If anyone else signs up, could you be a Motel Owner or Something?

Technically, I said the Green Potato was an inn in my initial post, but we don't need to adhere too strongly to that necessarily.

Cen walks into The Red Salmon and sit's down at the bar.

He turns to face the crowd at the bar making sure to broadcast his voice, "Let me introduce myself. My name is Cen, the renowned, infamous, famous, much sought after - Lore-craftsman." He looks around to see if anyone is listening, and notices he had perked a few ears. "What is a Lore-Craftsman you ask? Why I wander the lands listening and observing piecing together some of the most epic stories you have ever heard."

"Have you heard the one about the Idrian princess Larisel?" Suprisingly, Cen notices he is losing the few people he has listening. "No? Well, I suppose I can tell that one another time - if any of you are interested in a story of epic proportions, for simply a night of drinks, I will leave you in wonder."

On this note, Cen turned back towards the bartender and ordered a drink. He slowly drifted off into his thoughts, trying to figure out exactly why one of his most trusted contacts had told him to come here. He would find the story if it took everything he had.

Fron leaned back against the booth sighing contently.  A full stomach, a glass of wine and my pipe.  What could be better. he thought. 

Although Jeo claimed he didn't sell alcohol, he did however keep a few bottles of red wine for his regulars.  Looking around he noticed that the restaurant was filling up fast, only a couple of tables were unoccupied.  The street teemed with activity.  People streaming by in a riot of conflicting colours, a few seemed to be gathering on the sides of the busy street as if waiting for some event to happen.

"That's right, we got those peace talks soon.  Well it means nothing to me and I doubt that I will be allowed the day off just to stand around while strangers talk about things that will most likely not have any real effect."

Rising from his seat, Fron handed Jeo some money.  "Another well cooked meal.  Keep this up and I will have to get the seamstress to let out my trousers again.  I know you said my meal was free today but that was too good not to pay for."

And with that, Fron dipped his head and heading out the restaurant and treaded his way through the crowds as he made his way back to the dye fields.

Just to be Clear, Mr. Smart Guy, Are you Signing up for the Game?

Jeo waded through the Sea of wadded up Paper to Sart's Table. "Ah my good Artist, you don't have to be a good Artist in this town, If you can afford this much Paper, Surely you can afford to Commission a Painting from a Professional Yes? And Why are you painting any way? A gift to one of the Returned in T'Telir? Anyway, Do you want something to Eat or Drink while you Practice?

Yes, I am signing up for the game. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. :P

"Throughout my life I've seen some truly beautiful things. Whenever I try to describe them, it never comes out right and sounds wrong. That's why I'm trying to learn how to paint, so I can take the things I have seen and let the whole world see them. I suppose I could just hire someone else to do it, but they wouldn't capture the essence of the scene. Of course, I'm not doing a good job of that either, but I hope I'll get better soon."

"But enough about me. I think I saw some boar go into your kitchen. Could you fix me some? I'm starving."

We could always just upvote you to the next rank.

That wouldn't be a problem with me.   ;)

Tril walks into the Red Salmon for another meal, anticipating it already.

So, Claincy, are there no PM's this game, or are they free rein?

Aili wondered why all the people were showing up at her restaurant. She heard the customers whispering about the piece meeting. A meeting for pieces? What does that mean? She decided just to keep cooking her potatoes and the other food that was ordered. At least, until Jeo had her do something else.

Grim glanced down the street. There sure were a lot of people over at the Red Salmon. He wondered why so many loved it there. He had eaten there once, and not found the food anything of note. Plus, that lack of alcohol was certainly a downside to a good establishment; while Grim abstained most of the time in the name of duty, a good server of food should have plenty good ales and wines in his stock.

Grim found it an odd mix of people come for the meeting; plenty of scholars and artsy types, yet no politicians. Too many books and cryptic utterings for his taste.

He looked up as Swimim and that odd bard Elo sauntering down the street together. Grim rolled his eyes.

Not enough straightforward people in this world.

Vard caught up with Elo just before he turned into Restauarnt Road.

"Thanks Man, tuning forks. Sweet. And chicken feet?. What do you mean “Apologies for a recent regeneration and a man appearing out of nowhere?” What are you smoking man?".

Elo limped on. He turned down Restaurant Road and looked up at the Red Salmon. It was full. That meant Elo was likely to get into a fight. He might be a self-absorbed angry midget, but he was a self-aware self-absorbed angry midget. He still hadn't completely healed from the last fight. He noticed Grim scowling at him and rolling his eyes.

"Grim! I haven't seem you since you broke my nose last. What was that? Last month sometime? I know I insulted your parentage but man, you just don't get Augmented 9th's. Anyway, that's my way of saying I kind of deserved it. Fair warning though next time I will bring a knife"

"Swimim let’s try the Green Potato"

"Master Clement a jar of your finest brown and some salt if you will. Don't mind if I eat these here do you?" Elo asked pulling out his box of chicken feet. "I promise to drink what I would otherwise have spent on food. Swimim what can I get you? First rounds on me. Chicken foot?"

Edited by el_warko

Question: Are Lifeless made automatically when someone sends in that action, or will someone need a dead body to use? Because that'd be an interesting way to keep killed off players active/interested in the game. and maybe limit how many lifeless can be made in the game.

A grubby man slumps,

Guts roaring for nourishment.

The scent of grilled fish?

He leaps to his feet

Torn coat fluttering around

"Give me fish or else!"

Suddenly, tension.

An Awakened rope constricts.

Inconvenient.

The dirty man falls.

He wears a blue-black necklace.

"I just wanted fish!"

Great Green Potato

Thou art my pride and my joy.

Oh, I'll mash you yet.

"Boss, what am I supposed to do next?" Aili asked Jeo. She really just wanted to go and watch the pieces treaty and see what that meant. Was it like pie pieces? That was a treat. Not a treaty though.

"Master Clement, Swimim will have grilled fish with a side of Green Potatos.  I'll have another drink, more salt and mayonaise."

"Oi, freckle face what are you looking at? That's right keep walking  out the door, down the road and off the Jetty.  The sharks are hungry and I'm sick of your attitude"

"Your the one with an attitude"

"My attitude, MY ATTITUDE. I'll give you attitude you drabbing drabknuckle!"

Elo knocked over the table and went screaming for the door. the beer and chicken feet went flying.  Master Clement sighed, picked up the table and gave Swimim his fish. 

Elo saw something out the corner of his eye. All went black. He woke up with Grim standing over him.

"How many times Elo?"

The brown-coated man

Stuffs his face with hot grilled fish.

"MMMMPH SCARF CRUNCH URGH ULGP"

"Well Aili, Can you find Summon and ask him to Send a messeage to the Nearest Brewery. I can't figure out where people are getting Alcohol from, So I'm just going to Sell it. But if People get Drunk, I'll just throw them in (Do we have a Harbor in Town?) the Harbor. Or the Sewer. And Apparently the Green Potato has an Inn, so you can all sleep there. Grim, How much are you Payed? Seeing as no one knows who runs the Potato, I'll Hire you."

What's the Name of the Town? and When do we Start? I died in Game 3, so that's Over. Though there is one other person signing up.

So I am now an Idrian monk. What happens if I'm Hallendren? Better yet, what happens if I'm a Hallendren agent? Would I be like a double agent? :)

"Yes, Mr. Boss," Aili eagerly replied. "Master Summon, Master Summon! Oh there you are, Summon," Aili said to a young boy. "You are Master Summ-oh wait. That's not you. You're that boy. The one I saw in a raindrop. Maxill? Anyways. bye. I need to find Master Summon." The boy disappeared as she walked away, turning into mist, like a spirit. Aili wandered around the restaurant heading vaguely towards the front door. She hoped Masfer Summon would come to her as she had happened to forget what he looked like.

Edited by Mailliw73

Guess I'll sign up for this. Haven't done something like this in about 5 years. Should be fun. 

Jim Bob Dirt walked into the increasingly crowded inn. He was a dirt salesman, as was his father and his father before him, and as his son, Lil' Jim, would be once Jim Bob passed on.

Gammer had still so far avoided any interaction with any of the exotic folks that had started gathering. Apparently some high-ups were planning some sort of meeting. She could almost smell the set-up that was coming. But she was starting to get on in her years, and wasn't sure how much help she could actually be this time around. She thought she had recognized a few old friends out in the milling crowd, but that was surely just a sign her mind was starting to go.

She would sit back and wait just a little bit longer. The best way to get through this one was to keep quiet and keep her head down. Wait and see what happened first. So Gammer just stayed seated on her bench, comfortably lounging in the shade, enjoying the weather and the sights, still embroidering. The picture was still unformed, the story not yet started. But Gammer knew in her heart it was already shaping up to be grand indeed.

I'm in

Dainard is the stable boy for the green potato inn, quiet and gangly, he even looks a little horse-like himself.

Dainard has a large gash running down his leg that he received from shattering a pot atop a shelf

He spoke excitedly, telling the story "And then he threw the rope out and yelled out a command, 'Hold him' infusing it with his breaths. But the breaths didn't grab his hands like they had before. They wrapped around his feet, knocking him over. Apparently the presence of a crowd was enough to make the command work differently. There it was traditional to not bind a person's hands and somehow that influenced the command..."

He saw the new man, joining their scholarly meeting.

"Why hello, what is your name?"

Elo picked himself up off the ground.  Swimim handed him his lute and case which he had left in the restaurant and went off about his business.  Elo pulled his favorite pick out of his lederhosen.  It took a minute, the pants were tight.  Afterwards Elo adjusted his foil covered cucumber and set off towards the Red Salmon.  He realised he had left this purse in the Green Potato.  

"Drab, Chull, The Lord Ruler Odium".  He cursed.   "I'll never see that again"

Still, when you were Elo, you were never short of coin.  He found a spot near Gammer in the shade.

"Hello Gammer, how you doing my love?" he said fondly.  Elo wasn't afraid of any man.  Gammer was a different story. It wasn't just fear though Gammer had put Elo back together more than once.  Physically and emotionally.  

Elo put his case open on the ground and plucked the open chords to the Hadrian Imperial March, providing a counterpoint with his deep tenor.  A few passers by threw in coins.  He upped the game with the famous Idrian composition Royal Hair Colour Blues in (the saddest Key in Rock) D minor.  A few more coins.  He concluded his set with the Pahn Kahl anthem:

I fought the Idrians (and the Hadrian's Won) sung in the highest falsetto he could achieve.  

Looking down he had enough money for some flowers for Gammer and beer for himself. He set about those purchases in that order. Gave Gammer a quick peck on the cheek and left.  

He had just been thrown out of the green potato.  The Red Salmon it was.

I really shouldn't play this game. I have real world things to do...

but, if there is still space, I will play Peng, the thief with a god complex.

If it's still possible to sign up, I'm interested in giving this a try. Please forgive any mistakes due to being a first timer or how long it's been since I read Warbreaker.

Sipha is a young apprentice at the town's distillery.