Long Game 4: Colours of War

Claincy

If you get the chance Claincy, can you add the final vote tally? I doubt it will reveal any voting inconsistencies but still nice to have.

Just did :)

With so much Breath lost, will there be more breath in the Lottery?

Hmm, maybe, I'll consider it. Naturally I won't tell you what I decide ; )

Colours, forgot to roll for the drabs losing their vote. Oh well, it wouldn't have made a difference regardless this time. I won't make that mistake again.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

It had been another crazy day and, Dainard felt, there would be more to come.

The man at the bar roughly stuffed the drink into his hands and turned away towards a new customer

Dainard turned to listen to the group of people sitting at a table nearby

"It's madness I say, just dragging that man out and killing him like some common beast" a bearded man said.

Dainard allowed himself a small stab of guilt before continuing to listen in on their conversation. New information, after all, never hurt anybody.

Aodan walked back into the Salmon, mulling over the information he'd been given. Idly glancing around, he caught a smear of red on the floor. Colours... is that blood? Taking a closer look at the room, he saw more than a few guilty faces. "Colouring fools! Too busy lynching one of your own to even give me the information I needed to stop you!"

Turning, he almost stormed back outside, but then paused. "Those of you who did take the time to contact me; thank you. I'll most likely be contacting you later tonight, after I get some sleep. Those of you who haven't, please do. Only a fraction of the Idrians have contacted me, and you will be just as important as the Hallandrens. Good night."

Seriously people. I need anyone with a role, a Strawman or a Heightening to contact me so we can start coordinating our efforts.

Between the info I gained towards the end of the last day cycle and the bandwagon, I was fairly sure Swimim was innocent, but it was far too late to do anything. Let's try and avoid another vote like that shall we? :P

Edited by AonarFaileas

Question about making a Lifeless- do you have to declare which body you are trying to use when you take that action?

I'm not planning on making one tonight, I'm just curious. But everyone is free to read into it whatever they want to. ;)

Question about making a Lifeless- do you have to declare which body you are trying to use when you take that action?

I'm not planning on making one tonight, I'm just curious. But everyone is free to read into it whatever they want to. ;)

You do. So if 2 people try to create a lifeless with 1 breath and they choose different bodies they both succeed. But if they choose the same they will both fail.

Aaaand Ninja'd :P

Claincy, for another clarification. There isn't any benefit to having multiple lifeless in the barracks is there?

There is always an indeterminate amount of lifeless in the barracks. Aside from rp concerns once a created lifeless has been used/discovered it might as well not exist anymore from a gameplay sense.

Aaaaand I should get back to work. It is 4am here and I really should be working on my assignments again. Oh well, it was a pleasant break : )

Edit: As it is possible this was misunderstood or not clear: "The Pahn Kahl cannot have roles other than returned and awakener."

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

Summon felt so helpless. He'd done what he could for Ben and Thomas the previous night but things had just gotten too out of hand with Swimim. He couldn't help but feel it had been partly his fault. Yes, he'd retracted his accusations as soon as it looked like Aodan was out of danger but why even incriminate Swimim at all? No one was really going to lynch a monk so had there even been a reason to deflect the attention?

"The color blasted fool didn't even say a single word in his own defense!"

Nothing to be done about it now except to try and wheedle as much information out of the events as he could. He planned on keeping a close eye on Chide and all those who piled on Swimim right after Chide's name came up. It could have just been mob mentality, Divine Breath knows it wasn't the first time a crowd got carried away out of fear, but Summon would keep it in mind all the same.

Summon shuffled over to a table with some of the more level headed individuals. They needed to figuring something out and quick or they were likely to find another body in the morning.

Wyrm was rather saddened by the reaction of most of the rather unique individuals in the town. He was only throwing names around to provoke discussion, to get people to come forward and become involved in what was going on, and yet so many of them weren't defending themselves. He understood that most people would like to ignore what was happening, to pretend it didn't concern them, but it was vital that they discovered who it was who wanted to kill off any attempt to create a lasting peace. That wasn't helped by people remaining quiet.

"I understand that Swimmingly was killed because he did not speak in his own defence," he said, agreeing with Summon that it was a shame he didn't say anything, "but I do find it curious how many people jumped on my random accusation of Chide. Such mentality frightened me, I will admit. I fear people aren't thinking about what is going on, and are simply latching on to anything to try and save themselves from another night of death. It was a shame that we killed an innocent man today. Perhaps his sacrifice will save many more when we discover who is at fault, and stop them from disrupting these talks."

He sighed. "But if I am honest, even thinking about it like that will still not help me sleep at night."

"Ugly stars!" exclaimed Gammer. Not in remorse but in frustration. She had been wrong about Swimm. She had thought for sure....
but no matter now. Once you've milked the cow, there was no use trying to push the cream back in the udders.

She would learn from her mistake and use the information to make a better decision next time.

So after looking at the body for what seemed an appropriate amount of time, she retired back to her quarters for the night. The night was going to be dark and full of terrors, but Gammer had some embroidery to catch up on.

OOC: Well that blows. I really hoped Swimm was evil. :(
Guess we'll wait and see how the night goes.

So after looking at the body for what seemed an appropriate amount of time, she retired back to her quarters for the night. The night was going to be dark and full of terrors, but Gammer had some embroidery to catch up on.

Just put your faith in the Lord of Light and everything will be alright.

Grim was worried by the night's events. At this point, he was certain that the Hallandrens were not the enemy. He, like many else, had begun to suspect the Pahn Kahl, who had attempted to revolt against the Hallandren government recently. Why had they returned? Why were they attempting to sabotage the peace meetings?

It had been a full day, virtually everyone in D'Relin making their way to the square around which were the Green Potato and the Red Salmon. The votes had flown like wildfire, changing directions in ways no one could have predicted. Grim had never been fond of Swimim, but he did not believe the man had deserved to die. He was now even angrier. A valuable Awakener had been lost. They would need them to resist the Pahn Kahl. Unity was now the name of the game. And a difficult game it was.

Grim had mostly spectated during the day, occasionally stepping in when things got out of hand. People were too eager for blood these days, as far a he was concerned. Clement had been happy for the business; people had come in and out throughout the day, using drink and food to fuel their bloodlust.

Grim had not let on that he had seen Elo in the crowd. Old grudges needed to be left now. They faced a much greater problem.

Walking home, Grim made a quick decision. If he came to be certain that anyone, Idrian or Hallandren, was not who they said they were, he would cast his vote for them. Such was the way of things. He would do his best to stay cool, however. The fire of everyone's hearts would only cause greater destruction.

OOC: Ummm.... ew. Cows everywhere are screaming in horror over this mental image. :D

Does Nalthis even have cows?

Also, I just want to say that in terms of RP as far as I am concerned, Grim didn't for Chide. Grim is only now willing to kill, and only those he believes are Pahn Kahl. My votes and reasoning are obviously not exactly the same as his.

OOC: Sorry for not posting on Day 2. My school's web filter was having issues with classifying websites it hadn't visited yet. That meant I could go to 17th shard, but I wasn't able to link to the Day 2 thread. To add to my distraction, the Smash brothers Nintendo Direct was displayed, and then my final project came due. Now that it's the weekend, I should be able to RP more. Speaking of which...

"Ugh... How much did I drink?"

Sart opened the window to a blistering cold night.

"What? Did I really sleep the day away? Well, I suppose I should find out what's happened."

As he went out into the night, he noticed blood staining the street.

"Those bastards must have killed someone else! Wait a second..."

He slowly realized that there were not one, but two different blood spatters.

"Has this whole town gone crazy?! Colors, this was supposed to be a peace talk, not a warzone."

He wanted to get a drink, but he didn't want to waste another day lying in his room. This chaos called for action, but he still didn't know who had died. It was time to get some answers, and he knew just the person to ask.

This is just a friendly reminder that you now have 12 hours remaining to get your night orders in!

So everybody knows, these are roughly the possible outcomes of the game:

-Pahn Kahl win, Idris and Hallandren enter a war that will devastate both countries. Obviously the worst case scenario for Idirans and Hallandrens.

-Pahn Kahl are defeated and there are more Hallandrens remaining. There is peace, but Idris gets the short end of the stick. They aren't subjugated by the Hallandren but they have to make serious concessions including the Northern passes, effectively cutting Idris out of the trade route and nearly crippling their economy.

-Pahn Kahl are defeated and there are more Idrians remaining. There is peace, but Hallendren loses out badly in the negotiations. A large chunk of northern Hallanendren is folded into Idris, Idris takes a portion of the profits from the dye industry, labeling it a "shared venture" and lifeless are outlawed altogether.

Hmm, yep, no option that ends well for everyone. My work here is done ; )

What if the Pahn Kahl are defeated and there's the same number of people on both sides?

Then we get a nice equitable peace. It doesn't seem too likely, but you never know.

Or what if all of the Hallandren/Idrian Team Dies before the Pahn Kahl?

-Pahn Kahl win, Idris and Hallandren enter a war that will devastate both countries. Obviously the worst case scenario for Idirans and Hallandrens.

;)

So, the best scenario might be to kill off all but one Pahn Kahl and then suicide so we have equal numbers?

That makes no sense at all, unless you want a draw between the Hallandren and Idrian sides above everything else. But we don't want that. Oh, we're willing to work together in order to get the Pahn Kahl, but we shouldn't be deliberately aiming for a draw between the two sides to the point of being willing to suicide for it.

The 'best' scenario for the world of Nalthis as a whole would be one in which the Hallendran and the Idrian sides work together to achieve a lasting peace instead of trying to take advantage of each other. That doesn't mean that it's the best situation for the people though. The Idrians will want to be in a stronger position in negotiations, as will the Hallandrens. So we shouldn't be trying to go for a draw.

My thoughts are that anyone who ends up suggesting (later on in the game - I won't suggest that you are one because you're making this point at the moment) that people kill themselves in order to achieve a draw is a Pahn Kahl in disguise. Same for people who suggest going after people known to be completely innocent, just because they're on the opposite side, at this point in the game. We should be trying to get a win for the 'good' side no matter what. Which of the 'good' sides would win in such a circumstance should be a secondary consideration.

Having said that, I've no doubt that when we get closer and closer to the end, people will start to consider that secondary win condition. But we shouldn't be entertaining thoughts about that yet, in my opinion. There are three sides here, yes, but a Pahn Kahl win is a loss for everyone else, and a Pahn Kahl loss is a win for everyone as well, even if your side doesn't come first. At least, that's how I see it.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Would the Idrians or Hallandren necessarily want to have an unfair treaty biased to them? I am not sure, that is the issue.

Anyway, that is why I'd prefer for the end game if there were several possible terms of the treaty that the remaining players could vote on, e.g. are lifeless allowed or not, should the two sides go into a pointless and destructive war, should territory be seized. That way we could actually negotiate out a treaty.

Edited by Nepene