Long Game 4: Colours of War

Claincy

Of course it doesn't mean that. However, my best guess is the only one I can make. I have personally received nothing directly from any player that hints questionable motives or manipulation, so the only thing I have to go from is what can be read in the threads, based on what others have revealed. Your activity opens you up to suspicion. For now, I stick with my vote.

This game really puts a hutring on one's productivity, doesn't it? I have literally been able to get nothing done in the past hour.

I'll second fourth the calls for Swimmingly to explain himself, but I won't actually put my vote to him until tomorrow morning (if he doesn't appear). Considering we've got so few people actually doing the voting at the moment, I'm not sure whether we can force more of a debate about things or not though.

For the time being, perhaps one of the inactives would like to appear and discuss things? Perhaps Chide?

Edited by Wyrmhero

As promised, now that Gammer has removed her vote from Aodan and there is no longer a risk, I'm retracting my vote for Swimim. I agree with Barty on this one that we've gained a huge amount of info from todays voting. There's no reason to kill anyone unless we have some major evidence since we can now build a strong information network through Aodan. The spy and anyone with strawmen, breaths, mercenary roles, or Returned status should get in touch with him if they haven't already.

By the way, in case anyone was wondering, I'm drab, but with a three Breath strawman.  So, if you want me to be able to get those Breaths into Aonar, I suggest voting for someone other than me, because as it stands, those three Breaths are gone.

Edited by bartbug

Okay. Upon further consideration, I have decided to retract my vote for Bartholomew. Assuming he's telling the truth about his Breath, he seems pretty valuable. I will go for an inactive. At this point I think we have as a group moved past the Idrian vs Hallandren conflict (though our characters may not have yet). Despite his being Idrian, I shall vote for Chide as well.

AonarFaileas needs to update the List. I'm too lazy to keep track for myself, but this puts two votes on Chide. I doubt anyone wants another deadlock. The game will never get anywhere if that keeps happening.

Edited by GreyPilgrim

Most Recent Vote Tally:

Cog: (0) Bartholomew, Rick, Aodan, Rowan, Dyrri*, Aili*

Bartholomew: (0) Fron, Rowan, Grim

Aodan: (0) Cog, Gammer, Summon, Bartholomew

Rowan: (0) Aili

Swimim: (7) Wil'son, Summon, Bartholomew, Rick, Gammer, Aili, Dainard, Rowan, Tril

Alan: (1) Peng

Chide: (3) Wyrm, Grim, Elo

No vote: (17) Aodan, Jeo, Thomas, Sipha Swimim, Alan, Asgren, Ver, Ben, Sart, Cen, Jim Bob, Chide, Fron, Cog, Summon, Wil'son

*Indicates that the vote will be negated.

I'm going to continue observing. I don't want my opinions to sway anyone, and at this point there's no real reason why they should anyway. I'd also like to reiterate, I would like the Spies, Mercenaries, Awakeners and Returned to contact me as soon as possible. I would eventually like to get everyone's role, but right now I don't have time to sort through it all, so I'm going in order of priority.

Edited by AonarFaileas

Well I'm changing my vote from Rowan to Cogto prove my idrianness. I still suspect Rowan and I don't suspect Cog near as much, I'm just proving my alignment to you.

Something that needs to be made clear here, when I say that Idrians cannot vote for someone protected by an Idiran Monk I mean they cannot vote for them. So as a general note: if you appear Idrian, unless you are a Hallandren Agent or a PK and send me a pm stating that you really do want to vote for that person I will simply ignore your votes. They will not appear as negated votes in the tally. The idrian monks ability is not intended to be allow easy sorting of true Idrians from everyone else.

Also, the voting today is a bit crazy :P It keeps bouncing around everywhere.

Yay, managed to catch up on the thread before having to leave for Uni =)

I've done some analysis of the roles and allegiance. It's either obvious or pure speculation, but it's what would make sense to me. 

There are likely anything from five to eight Pahn Kahl in this game. Eight may seem like a lot, but i'd say that would be possible depending on the roles of the Pahn Kahl. Obviously the better roles the Pahn Kahl have the less Pahn Kahl there would need to be.

There's probably about two to five Returned. I don't imagine that there would be more than one Returned Pahn Kahl. Depending on how many Pahn Kahl Returned there are there would probably be more non-Pahn Kahl Returned. If there is say one Pahn Kahl Returned, then there probably only two other Returned (one Idrian and one Hallandren)

Idrians

I'd think that there would be anything from three to six Mercenaries in the game. As much as two of them could be Pahn Kahl (though it's likely less), mainly because this would seem to be one of the more useful roles for the Pahn Kahl.

There's probably two to four Idrian Agents. I doubt that more than one of these would be Pahn Kahl. This wouldn't seem to be a very useful role for the Pahn Kahl.

There'd be about three to five Spies, and as much as two of these would Pahn Kahl (though the more of the these that are Pahn Kahl, the less Pahn Kahl there likely are). This wis probably the most essential role for the Pahn Kahl.

Hallandren

There's probably anything from two to four Hallandren Agents. As also with the Idrians, I doubt that more than one of these would be Pahn Kahl. 

As much as four Lifeless Command(ers?). I don't imagine that the Pahn Kahl would have more than one of these, considering that they already have have a kiling ability.

Elo sat up winced, clicked his jaw and check his ribs. Bruised not broken was his guess. Well that was something. I should really see a doctor he thought. He knew a man claiming to be a doctor once, but that was a long time ago or maybe a dream of another world. Regardless, he was alone. Except for the dog. Who was wagging his tail and nudging him expectantly.

"I sp'ose yeh wan'ta beh fed" He said and started coughing. He collapsed from the pain. No definately broken.

"I suppose you want to be fed" The dog licked his face and nudged him again. Elo managed to stand up. He was in an alleyway. A clean(ish) one. "Well that was something else". His lute was gone. "Filthy colouring thieves" he shouted and punched a wall. A normal man would have broken his hand, Elo was no normal man. He was a scrapper, a fighter and nine times out of ten a rather unpleaseant, no good Hallandren. He knew this well. Self realisation, and musicianship were two things he was good for.

He left the alley and saw the remains of his house, Baldrick trotted along side him. His anger smouldered like the ruins he faced. People WOULD pay for this.

He made his way to the Green Potato. Grim smiled, actually smiled when he saw him.

"Someone finally got to you eh Elo" Grim asked deadpan.

"Shut up" Elo relied and walked towards the door.

"No dogs" Elo glared at him, but was in no state ot press the point.

"Wait dog" Elo went inside and ordered breakfast. Well, breakfast for him, it was mid afternoon by the position of the sun in the sky. He found he had no appatite and bagged the rest for the dog.

The town square was packed. Accusations were flying. He had wanted action. He was getting it. It seemed that Chid and Swimim were being hounded by all and sundry.  Elo wanted blood for his loses.   Preferably Idrian blood.  He knew Swimim, that cat could lay down some serious pentameter.  Chid, he didn't know and was Idrian.  Given the state of his congnative function, that was enough.

"Chide"

Edit: Added an e to my vote.

Edited by el_warko

Um, I really don't see why Chide had three votes thrown in on him out of nowhere. I'm going to vote Swimm to break the tie, at least. We can't afford another deadlock at this point

Edit: Chide should still totally come in and voice some sort of defense, but I was just wary as to why three votes racked up against him so quickly.

Edited by Gamma Fiend

It seems pretty clear where the vote is going now, and I'm going to help it on its way by changing my vote from Bart to Swimmim. He's not necessarily at the top of my list but his Idrian agent shenanigans were pretty suspicious. Edited by Herowannabe

Um. Wow. This escalated a lot more than I thought it would. When I called Swimim out, I was more just wanting an explanation for his actions. Not genuinely wanting to kill him. Especially not since Summon mentioned that he knew Swimim was lying. I know Swim was on this morning, but that was before I called him out. And I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get on before the end of the day. Because of this, I'm retracting my vote for Swimim and voting for no one at the current moment in time.

Jeo watched everyone Scuttle about, first accusing this person, than that person, Currently it was looking like Swimim would be Hung. What do I know about Swimim? A Poet, rarely seen and he's a Fish. That's not all that Suspicious. What was suspicious was how fast everyone was piling on him. Until he knew a bit more, Jeo wouldn't participate in anymore bloodbaths. "I don't know who could be a Pahn Kahl, you all seem like good people. I don't know what to do. So I Won't Vote Today."

Unless something happens, like a slip of the Tonuge, or a Spy saying, Chaos is Spiked!

I am going to throw my vote at Swimim, but I will change that if a good defense is presented.  We still have many people that haven't voted, so there is a chance to swing to someone else still, even if he doesn't show up.

Cog

Novote

"Acts are weird. Monk confused, but respected. Me worry. Me think Barthollowme is suspicious. Me is very suspicious to those who suddenly when voted on have this ultimate reason why not. Me think this should be considered. If me was spy, me would choose either Barthollowme or chide or cog to investigate.

Chide because votes on swimmingly quickly came to protected.

Cog because earlier stated.

Barthhollowme also for earlier stated.

Me no vote today. Me need to make new thinking hat. Tomorrow, with thinking hat done, me will know all."

When I voted for Chide, I certainly wasn't expecting other people to vote as well for him. I was just hoping to make someone active again - Though I suppose that if they're not saying anything at all to defend themselves with three people (now two) on them, they don't matter too much... Since Swimm has a lot of votes, it seems he's going to be the one for the hangman's noose. Yesterday I said that if Swimm didn't say anything, I'd change my vote to him to put pressure on him, but I've realised I won't be able to actually change it back later today if he does turn up. As such, I will change my vote to another inactive. I will vote for Thomas again, as I did on the first day, because he's only posted once with an RP reaction-post to the death last night, and didn't defend himself last time.

On another note, it seems that a lot of people here aren't defending themselves when their names come up. Kind of sad at how many people seem to be inactive in the game already, or at least aren't taking part in the discussions. Perhaps a list of people who have posted once the actual discussion has gotten going would be useful.

Not exactly much point in voting, given the overwhelming cry for Swimms gills, so I'm going to abstain. It's not much different from what I've been doing this whole game, except this time I'm actively choosing not to take part, rather than being too busy to take part.

...It's a valid difference.

Night 2: A Deadly Division

Duralumin

The sun had scarcely risen and the frost on the windows barely melted when the accusations began. Another Idrian was dead, and tempers and suspicions were running high. The night had been a busy time for many of the villagers and ambassadors and no small number had been less than honest about their intentions. Some of them simply had the misfortune that their subterfuge had been noticed.

“Cog lied to us!” Bartholomew cried, “He said he would give away his breath but spent the night searching for more!” Several voices chimed in, calling for Cog to explain himself or die.

“I was just trying to fool the Pahn Kahl.” Cog said emphatically, “Now Aodan contacted several of us Hallendrens, claiming to be an agent for us, yet Vard was clearly our Agent! We should kill Aodan!”

The discussion rapidly devolved into a shouted argument with votes being made, changed and retracted. Bartholomew and Rowan both came under suspicion as votes flew but Cog and Aodan remained the centre of the argument until Aodan revealed himself as an Idrian monk and claimed that he now believed Cog to be innocent, causing the other Idrians to grudgingly retract their votes.

With the day half over and no certain end in sight Wil'son asked Swimim to explain his somewhat suspicious behaviour and was shocked when, mistaking her intention, several others started calling for his death! Wyrm was similarly surprised when his questioning of Chide caused several ambassadors to vote for him. As the day drew to a close and the votes against Swimim stacked up Wil'son tried to halt the flow by retracting her own vote but without success and when night fell the villagers dragged Swimim out into the street and plunged a dagger through his heart. As he died, the colours around him flared and dulled, revealing the store of breath he had kept hidden.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Swimim was a Hallendren Awakener!

In other words he began the game with multiple breaths and still had some at the time of his death.

Votes:

Swimim (Swimmingly) 7: Gammer, Bartholomew, Aili, Rick, Tril, Rowan, Dainard

Chide (Chid) 2: Elo, Grim

Thomas (the Gleeman) 1: Wyrm

Alan (Nepene) 1: Peng

If you are trying to get anything from the order I put the votes here don't bother. They are simply in the order that people are in my spreadsheet from the order people signed up in ;)

So now Paxen, Vard and Swimim's bodies are available to be made into lifeless.

A note, a lifeless cannot protect you that night you create it. (I don't believe I have commented on whether it could or not before.)

I apologize for the less than stellar writeup. I have two major assignments due tomorrow and I doubt I will be getting much sleep tonight as is. :(

Night 2 begins and will end at 22:30 AEST / 12:30 GMT on Saturday.

All night actions must be in by 10:30 AEST / 00:30 GMT on Saturday.

Have fun killing eachother ; )

Edit: Added votes, sorry, kinda busy and forgot before.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord