Long Game 4: Colours of War

Claincy

What do I have to say? I'm confused.

And by the way, if I forgot to retract my vote for Cog, then here it is. 

2. Talked to Vard. He was the first one to tell me, and he told only me. If this makes you want to kill me, fine. I'm useless.

Yes, that does make you suspicious. You were the only one who knew Vard was an agent, you knew Aodan was claiming to be an agent, then used Vard's death to cast aspersions on Aodan. It could have all been an unlucky coincidence but coincidences are usually all we have to go on in this game.

3. Talked to Aonar. He sent a PM to Awesomeness, Meta, and me, which is part of the reason I am suspicious of him, and Meta. Replying to three people at once seems kind of unnecessarily foolish, but its not if you know what roles they have.

Pretty sure the reason he replied to those three people was because you called us all out in the main thread (without having given us any heads up or even talking to me once in private at that point). He probably sent it to all of us because he was trying to gain as much information from as many Halledrens as possible. Had nothing to do with knowing anyone's roles prior to that.

4.Awesomeness sent me some... instructions, about how to act upon his death. He told me how Swimim told Awesomeness that Swimim was lying, just to make him look not guilty.

Yeah, pretty sure you won't be receiving any more pm's from me if you're going to announce the contents to the whole group without even asking. If you would have asked, I'd have told you that Swim hasn't played the game or even looked at a pm since friday. If he's PK, he's not much of a threat because he isn't active. If we kill him, its not much of a loss to us because he isn't active. I was planning on just sitting back to see how things went for now but I guess that's not possible now.

Night Claincy!

Can anyone else confirm that Swimm said he was the Idrian Agent?

EDIT: Oh, Awesomeness sent a PM saying that Swimm told them that he was lying? That's interesting... Can Awesomeness confirm that they actually sent that PM, and what its precise contents were?

Swimmingly announced to the large group thread that he was the Idrian agent. The logic he gave in there was that he cared more about taking out the PK than the faction rivalry. Almost immediatly, he sent a pm stating that he wasn't really the agent. He only said that in the large group because he felt people would be more willing to believe he wasn't PK by stating he was an idrian agent than if he were to just say "hey, I'm not PK". It was a risky gambit but obviously no more risky than anything Aonar and Meta have done until this point so not sure I'm set on lynching him for it just yet.

Edit: the only reason I told that to Barty was because he was in the process of telling Aonar someone had told our group they were the Idrian agent (swim). I wanted to get him to end that conversation with Aonar and not give any more information because I still had my doubts about Aonar's trustworthiness.

Edited by Awesomeness Summoned

Alright. Aodan, I officially retract my vote for you.

And... poop. No vote, for this round, I guess. We don't need to kill anyone for this to be a productive round, and Cog's not going to die anytime soon, it seems.

Good job, team. And I'm out.

Only until my name comes up as a suspect, again.

And guys, by the way, if Aodan's spy agency works out, then we don't need to kill anyone without being certain of their alinement. If he coordinates it all, then we should be fine.

Edited by bartbug

Wow. Not fair, Aodan. I have a calc test today and now I'm going to have difficulty concentrating! 

Yes, that does make you suspicious. You were the only one who knew Vard was an agent

That's not entirely true. I know of two other people that Vard told he was the Agent: Gammers and Ben. While I do have my suspicions of Bartholomew, I'd also say that he's basically proven to have had at least 3 breaths, since he created a strawman. I'd like to hear from the old lady and the priest before I add anymore votes! 

Unfortunately, that proves nothing Maill. You only need the First Heightening to Awaken rope and negate someone's vote. The Pahn Kahl are almost guaranteed to have an Awakener of the First Heightening.

The List is still being updated.

Edited by AonarFaileas

I believe that currently, Cog, Swimmingly, Bart and Aonar are the most suspicious. However, I have no extra information to give on this matter, and only their forum posts to go on. So, for the moment, I will wait for more information. Unfortunately, as I'm on GMT, that means that unless more information arrives very quickly, I will be posting tomorrow morning, around 4 hours before the day ends.

Edited by Wyrmhero

I believe that currently, Cog, Swimmingly, Bart and Aonar are the most suspicious. However, I have no extra information to give on this matter, and only their forum posts to go on. So, for the moment, I will wait for more information. Unfortunately, as I'm on GMT, that means that unless more information arrives very quickly, I will be posting tomorrow morning, around 4 hours before the day ends.

Aonar has been vouched for by the GM stating he is the monk. And that the Monk cannot be PK...

*EDIT* To add OOC Blue. OOPS

Edited by Macen

@Meta: Yes, Vard claimed to at least four people, you, me and Bartholomew included, that he is an HAgent. Appart from that I don´t have a lot to say. My suspicion right now is on Bartholomew but then again if Cog is innocent he would pretty much have written his own name in the death note, so I´m not exactly sure on that front. I wonder if anyone will die today. Is anyone else getting paranoid with all the white text?

Aonar has been vouched for by the GM stating he is the monk. And that the Monk cannot be PK...

Ah yes, sorry. Forgot that. So Aonar is clean, leaving just Cog, Bart and Swimmingly.

Votes:

Cog: (1) Bartholomew, Rick, Aodan, Rowan, Dyrri*, Aili*

Bartholomew: (1) Fron, Rowan

Aodan: (1) Cog, Gammer, Summon, Bartholomew

Rowan: (0) Aili

Swimim: (2) Wil'son, Summon

Alan: (1) Peng

No vote: (22) Aodan, Jeo, Dainard, Thomas, Sipha, Elo, Swimim, Grim, Wyrm, Alan, Asgren, Ver, Ben, Tril, Sart, Cen, Jim Bob, Chide, Fron, Cog, Bartholomew

*Indicates that the vote will be negated.

As things stand, Swimim is going to be lynched. I'm not sure this is best given that he has had no chance of defending himself, but my suspicions have been changed and challenged so many times now that they're basically non-extant. 

Edited by AonarFaileas

Okay. I see now how complex this game can get. I am still trying to grasp my head around all of this. Here goes.

There is a lot to take in at this point. Things have really taken off. I think we should take into account that the roles are distributed at random (unless I am wrong), and there are only a few enemies. Around a third of the players in the game have been almost totally inactive, and there only seem to be a few players actively doing things other than RPing and discussing others' actions. From what I can tell, these are Cog, Bartholomew, Summon and Swimim. Since the roles are distributed pretty much randomly, none of them are more likely than anyone else to have special roles, though they are all Hallandren, so could have a significant amount of Breath. I am willing to believe that at least one of them is totally bluffing. We also have Jim Bob Dirt claiming to be an Idrian agent.

Assuming JBD is truly the Idrian agent, then I feel reasonably safe voting for any of the other four. I cannot vote for Meta, since he is being saved by Aodan. I simply don't suspect Summon of anything at this point. That leaves me with Swimim and Bartholomew. Since Swimim has been inactive for a while in the main thread, and I have the most suspicion of Bartholomew, am going to vote Bartholomew. Sorry, Bart.

I'm not sure I should  post all of my thoughts in the main thread like this, but I want my reasoning to be known, and I have nothing to hide.

Let's see where this goes...

Edited by GreyPilgrim

I'm a little disappointed that we can't go beyond voting for the first person to vote, but oh well. Swimim, because he lied and I don't want to die.  

And I have a proposal: If you want to kill me, don't kill me today: Kill me tomorrow. Give me a chance to get back my Breath, and then I can give that to Aodan.

I would like to point out how easy it is to fake inactivity. Log out of your account before you view the thread. Only read PM's through your email. I wouldn't give too much credit to inactivity. If someone wants to look inactive without being inactive it's rather easy. The only problem they are going to have is PM'ing Claincey when they want to do something. Bart wrecked people the first game and I sincerely doubt he would get caught up this easy if he wasn't being honest. The best way not to get lynched in this game is to keep quiet because people forget about you, or to put up a damnation good argument (IE - Meta).

*edit* Adding blue again... for some reason if I write it in blue with my post, it saves as black.

Edited by Macen

My vote is rather temporary. A placeholder. We still have a good while left in the day. I shall not be so easily swayed, but if the something presents itself that changes my mind significantly, then I will retract my vote.

We may want to try just getting rid of an inactive, as well, if no greater decision can be reached.

To make myself understood, I will say this. I am just a normal Idrian, one Breath. Nothing special, not a threat. I am just trying to find my way around.

@Macen: That is a very good point. However, I assume players who haven't posted in the main threads or been spoken of are inactive. 

Well, looks like Gammer chose the wrong day to sleep in. Cut her a break, she has old, achey bones!
Obviously retracting my vote for Aodan.

And I don't want to cast a vote for Swimm without him at least trying to defend himself, so let's see if he logs in soon or not.
But yeah, for a PK who has no role besides just being a 'goon', then it's super easy to just keep track of everything and send your orders in via the PK Doc. (But I doubt that's what Swimm is actually doing)

Edited by Gamma Fiend

Swimmingly

Member Since 31 Oct 2013

OFFLINE Last Active Today, 05:27 AM

Just Sayin

Still, he hasn't actually posted anything, in the game or otherwise, in five days. He has been PMing, obviously, and could well just avoid suspicion by not posting openly. He hasn't been able to defend himself yet. I will wait to see what he does if the vote turns against him. If he defends himself, great, if he doesn't, I will retract my vote and move it to him.

There only seem to be a few players actively doing things other than RPing and discussing others' actions. From what I can tell, these are Cog, Bartholomew, Summon and Swimim. 

I can assure you that is not the complete list of people actively working behind the scenes. The discussions from the last two days that were prompted by revealed deceptions might make that group's dirty laundry a bit more visible but there are most certainly a few Idrian's who are doing just as much conspiring ;) Aodan, for example has been doing just as much as the rest of us, we just happen to know now that he can't be PK.

I can assure you that is not the complete list of people actively working behind the scenes. The discussions from the last two days that were prompted by revealed deceptions might make that group's dirty laundry a bit more visible but there are most certainly a few Idrian's who are doing just as much conspiring ;) Aodan, for example has been doing just as much as the rest of us, we just happen to know now that he can't be PK.

My key phrase was "from what I can tell". I intentionally excluded Aodan, because as you say we know he is innocent.

Cut me some slack, it's my first game. Still struggling to keep up at this point.

Edited by GreyPilgrim

Aye, Cen doesn't believe Swimim is necessarily a PK either. Does anyone else find PK (Player Killer) funny for the acronym?

Being a Lore-Craftsman, I've heard many a story involving a "spiders" in the background pulling the strings while looking innocent to everyone around.

And, just want to make it clear: Just because we four are the only players openly doing things, doesn't mean we're the only players doing things. In general, killing off your most proactive players is not your best bet.