I exist apparently

Dichotomy

Decided to make an account after spending hours searching through these forums. A friend introduced me to mistborn about 2 years ago and since then I’ve read (and made him read) every published work within the cosmere. Needless to say I’m super excited to be able to discuss things with even more people!

Welcome to the Shard @Dichotomy! :D The forums are great, just be sure not to accept any cookies and to keep a hold of your breath.

Here are some quick questions I have for you:

• Would you rather be a full feruchemist or a full Mistborn (Godmetals are unavailable)?
  • Which world that Brandon has created would you want to live in and why?
  • Which Rosharan secret society are you most interested in?
  • If you were a Knight Radiant, which order would you belong in and why?
  • If the Cosmere were to be adapted how do you think it should be done?

@The Harlem Worldhoppers thanks for the welcome!

1. I’d probably choose to be a full mistborn over full feruchemist, even with that restriction

2. Definitely scadrial. The magic system on that world is my favorite 

3. I’m most interested in the ghostbloods. We know almost nothing of their motives and I’m curious to find out more

4. Ooh this is a hard one. I think I’d consider myself to be an elsecaller—I feel that I’m more similar to jasnah than anyone in the other orders

5. I’m not sure what you’re asking in his question. If the cosmere were to be adapted to what?

29 minutes ago, Dichotomy said:

5. I’m not sure what you’re asking in his question. If the cosmere were to be adapted to what?

The Cosmere being adapted to the big screen.

29 minutes ago, Dichotomy said:

3. I’m most interested in the ghostbloods. We know almost nothing of their motives and I’m curious to find out more

I too am extremely interested in the ghostbloods. I hope we find out more about them in the future.

30 minutes ago, Dichotomy said:

Definitely scadrial. The magic system on that world is my favorite 

The magic system is great but the climate in Era 1 isn't exactly welcoming. Era 2 seems more fun.

31 minutes ago, Dichotomy said:

1. I’d probably choose to be a full mistborn over full feruchemist, even with that restriction

I'd be a feruchemist myself. In the modern world most lifestyles involve a lot of sitting around all day. You could store feruchemical attributes so easily. You could then use these attrubutes to compete in sports at an elite level (running the 100m in less than 2 seconds). You could absorb all the information on the internet onto a Coppermind and know everything there is to know.

33 minutes ago, Dichotomy said:

4. Ooh this is a hard one. I think I’d consider myself to be an elsecaller—I feel that I’m more similar to jasnah than anyone in the other orders

I really like Jasnah as well. Are you yourself an academic type or are you similar to Jasnah in other ways?

8 hours ago, The Harlem Worldhoppers said:

The Cosmere being adapted to the big screen.

I’d love for a movie adaptation to happen, but I’d also be hesitant about it due to all the intricacies involved. It would be hard to get all the information across in even multiple movies, so logistically I think if the storm light archives were adapted they’d do better as a tv series. However, I think any mistborn books would do well as movies due to how visual they are, and the fact that they aren’t quite as involved as stormlight.

The magic system is great but the climate in Era 1 isn't exactly welcoming. Era 2 seems more fun.

You’re right. I would definitely like living in Era 2 more than Era 1

I'd be a feruchemist myself. In the modern world most lifestyles involve a lot of sitting around all day. You could store feruchemical attributes so easily. You could then use these attrubutes to compete in sports at an elite level (running the 100m in less than 2 seconds). You could absorb all the information on the internet onto a Coppermind and know everything there is to know.

Those are intriguing arguments, but what draws me to being mistborn is the mechanics of iron and steel. I’d love to be able to experiment with those two metals

I really like Jasnah as well. Are you yourself an academic type or are you similar to Jasnah in other ways?

Yes, I am the academic type—and I can’t wait until we get a novel based around her viewpoint. 

What order of knights radiant would you consider yourself to be in?

7 hours ago, Dichotomy said:

Those are intriguing arguments, but what draws me to being mistborn is the mechanics of iron and steel. I’d love to be able to experiment with those two metals

I became far more interested in allomantic iron and steel after the scene where Wax visualised the bullet as three separate pieces and pushed on the firing pin. That implies that you could do some very interesting things by pushing on the ends of an object rather than the objects centre of mass to generate torque.

7 hours ago, Dichotomy said:

Yes, I am the academic type—and I can’t wait until we get a novel based around her viewpoint. 

What order of knights radiant would you consider yourself to be in?

I'm really looking forward to the Jasnah flashback book as well. Unfortunately it won't be until book 8 or 10 apparently :( 

As for what order of the Knights Radiant I'd be in... I think I would be a Windrunner as I aspire to become a doctor and help people that way.

8 hours ago, Dichotomy said:

I’d love for a movie adaptation to happen, but I’d also be hesitant about it due to all the intricacies involved. It would be hard to get all the information across in even multiple movies, so logistically I think if the storm light archives were adapted they’d do better as a tv series. However, I think any mistborn books would do well as movies due to how visual they are, and the fact that they aren’t quite as involved as stormlight.

Well said. I think it would be best if the first Cosmere adaptation was the Mistborn trilogy as a trilogy of movies. After the Cosmere starts to gain a bit of steam there could be a more realistic chance of seeing Stormlight Archive adapted into a tv series.  There's just no way you can capture all of the intricacies of Stormlight Archive in a feature length film.