Ask Ene Literally Anything, Including Advice

AonEne

@AonEne

1: Why

43: Do you like cheese?

553: What is your favorite color that doesn't exist?

X: In your own words, explain the theory of relativity.

$: Describe your surroundings in three words.

*^: What color is your shirt?

$##: In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your first actions?

747: In the aforementioned scenario, would you rather have 3 mini minotaurs or 3 mega goats?

4543: Would your answers to the previous two questions change, if you were instead caught in a sentient book apocalypse?

(): Do you think it's ethical to give a llama allomantic powers through hemalugry?

✯: Rate this image:

Spoiler

arthur.jpg.be96d893d0df5f3656ba15c055dd9741.jpg

✂: Mac or PC?

✉: Pick a number between 0 and 1. (Be specific)

⅘: What's your opinion on the idea that the moon is made of cheese?

Edited by TheVillageIdiot

9 hours ago, TheVillageIdiot said:

@AonEne

1: Why

43: Do you like cheese?

553: What is your favorite color that doesn't exist?

X: In your own words, explain the theory of relativity.

$: Describe your surroundings in three words.

*^: What color is your shirt?

$##: In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your first actions?

747: In the aforementioned scenario, would you rather have 3 mini minotaurs or 3 mega goats?

4543: Would your answers to the previous two questions change, if you were instead caught in a sentient book apocalypse?

(): Do you think it's ethical to give a llama allomantic powers through hemalugry?

✯: Rate this image:

Reveal hidden contents

arthur.jpg.be96d893d0df5f3656ba15c055dd9741.jpg

✂: Mac or PC?

✉: Pick a number between 0 and 1. (Be specific)

⅘: What's your opinion on the idea that the moon is made of cheese?

1. Hoid!

43: Nope.

553: That's a hard one. Possibly unbroken Safire.

X. Theories upon theories, right?

$. Kitchen-y. Shard-y. Me-y.

*^. Red with white words.

$##. Pray. Tell my loved ones I love them. Talk about it on the Shard if I had access. Arm myself.

747. The goats, easy.

4,543. The first one, yes; the second, no.

(). I do not.

✯. I give that a 837583 out of &&&.

✂. No preference.

✉. .5

⅘. That if it is, I’m rather disappointed in the world.

24 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

What couple do you ship the most?

Bright Sky. Or Condor. Maybe Smokestone. Eh on DND, and Implosion is familial...there's always Scadrial (duh), Empty Quiver, whatever-the-heck-Ax-and-Lith decided on, Kingly, Grapenut but also Parrot at the same time, Breene, me x sugar, Sabrina and Fido is still a thing, right? ChristmasTree (shocker), OOSOOM, STABTO, Loo/Cora, Voidapple, Voidiov if I want to die to a mob of weirded-out Homeless, Bumblebee, Arkos but I'll settle for White Knight if it's well-written, Axon, Shan or Dae or whatever, Juneo, Renora, my characters x pain and emotional suffering, Tent and whatever other Alleyverse ships I'm missing - what're Walker and Melody called? Singer? - Malint, Benana, Leona and Flid-ish, I believe Oz and Salem are Grandmasters, Hoid x someone but I'm not sure who yet, Moonbli, Lynxter/Winks, Flashbacks Squared, Sunswift, Borio Singaldi x his cane, Lilac Flames, I'll admit it, ApEne to some joking extent, Glorybringer, Ripnami, Shalcatraz (inside joke), Cole x whoever the storms his wife was, Mond x Olive (I don't have a ship name for them cause neither exist yet), Saven, Darksight, Fateflight, don't know what Willow and Sundew is, but that, Cleril, Clue, Arcslayer before Arctic was corrupted, Thought x AJ even though I haven't really read them, Indithom, Corgi, Thoughtout, Lunatail, Allsi, Scorn, also Palmolder in the same way I ship Arkos - RIP, Tauhopper, Secretwatcher sometimes, KindleClaws, Vinend, Sazewyl, Codilin, Lansandra, Forrone, Breerianne, Spookre, Ham and his wife - who for some reason I can't find the name of - Renra, Jorsa, MeWayne, Weris, Chloe x what's-his-face, I almost wanna ship Itiah and Sorana but don't quite, Alcastille, Folaya, EDRYS X ELODIN I JUST THOUGHT OF THIS FEEL FREE TO JUDGE MEEE, Kvothvi (RIP), Susesiri, Vivasher somewhat, Szeth x Nightblood friendship, Edrys x Cade friendship, Navinar, Dalevi (again, Arkos, Palmolder), Lesswax (see increasing list), Shadolin, Peeka, Rocksong, Raoene, Belward, Lake, Lightweaver, Sandion, Khriss x the other what's-his-face, Megavid, Profia, Silliam, Dusty, Marsier, Freymarole, Meloel, Cinto, Ze'scar, Thorny Moon, Jacinter, oh whatever Qrow x Winter just a little but not too much, all Sharders with their respective significant others unless you're in a crappy relationship, Liamiko, Emidon (or do we have an official Brandon-Emily ship name?), N x the player character when it's me but maybe just friendshipping, I'm forgetting SO MUCH but we'll go with that short list for now. Thank you for your time.

Oh wait that was a 'which is your most special favorite OTP' not 'list of all favorites', my bad

For clarification on any of the couples and what they're from/who writes them, ask me and I'll be happy to oblige.

On 4/9/2019 at 7:54 AM, Jaywalk said:

Oh my.

Um. Yeah. I can...elaborate, if you want. Try to go on. Or, er, if you found that overwhelming, I can just, uh, heh. Not. Do that thing. Yeah. I could explain what all of them are...a lot are from roleplays, but then a lot aren't. I didn't even list a bunch of WOF ones, and there were still so many WOF ships...yeeeeeaaaaahh.

On 4/9/2019 at 5:42 PM, Lunamor said:

Yay, they made it onto your list!!!

I tried to be comprehensive...:P

On 4/9/2019 at 5:42 PM, Lunamor said:

I believe that one is called “Lid”.:P

If I update said list, I'll be sure to edit that. ;)

On 4/8/2019 at 9:13 PM, AonEne said:

Bright Sky. Or Condor. Maybe Smokestone. Eh on DND, and Implosion is familial...there's always Scadrial (duh), Empty Quiver, whatever-the-heck-Ax-and-Lith decided on, Kingly, Grapenut but also Parrot at the same time, Breene, me x sugar, Sabrina and Fido is still a thing, right? ChristmasTree (shocker), OOSOOM, STABTO, Loo/Cora, Voidapple, Voidiov if I want to die to a mob of weirded-out Homeless, Bumblebee, Arkos but I'll settle for White Knight if it's well-written, Axon, Shan or Dae or whatever, Juneo, Renora, my characters x pain and emotional suffering, Tent and whatever other Alleyverse ships I'm missing - what're Walker and Melody called? Singer? - Malint, Benana, Leona and Flid-ish, I believe Oz and Salem are Grandmasters, Hoid x someone but I'm not sure who yet, Moonbli, Lynxter/Winks, Flashbacks Squared, Sunswift, Borio Singaldi x his cane, Lilac Flames, I'll admit it, ApEne to some joking extent, Glorybringer, Ripnami, Shalcatraz (inside joke), Cole x whoever the storms his wife was, Mond x Olive (I don't have a ship name for them cause neither exist yet), Saven, Darksight, Fateflight, don't know what Willow and Sundew is, but that, Cleril, Clue, Arcslayer before Arctic was corrupted, Thought x AJ even though I haven't really read them, Indithom, Corgi, Thoughtout, Lunatail, Allsi, Scorn, also Palmolder in the same way I ship Arkos - RIP, Tauhopper, Secretwatcher sometimes, KindleClaws, Vinend, Sazewyl, Codilin, Lansandra, Forrone, Breerianne, Spookre, Ham and his wife - who for some reason I can't find the name of - Renra, Jorsa, MeWayne, Weris, Chloe x what's-his-face, I almost wanna ship Itiah and Sorana but don't quite, Alcastille, Folaya, EDRYS X ELODIN I JUST THOUGHT OF THIS FEEL FREE TO JUDGE MEEE, Kvothvi (RIP), Susesiri, Vivasher somewhat, Szeth x Nightblood friendship, Edrys x Cade friendship, Navinar, Dalevi (again, Arkos, Palmolder), Lesswax (see increasing list), Shadolin, Peeka, Rocksong, Raoene, Belward, Lake, Lightweaver, Sandion, Khriss x the other what's-his-face, Megavid, Profia, Silliam, Dusty, Marsier, Freymarole, Meloel, Cinto, Ze'scar, Thorny Moon, Jacinter, oh whatever Qrow x Winter just a little but not too much, all Sharders with their respective significant others unless you're in a crappy relationship, Liamiko, Emidon (or do we have an official Brandon-Emily ship name?), N x the player character when it's me but maybe just friendshipping, I'm forgetting SO MUCH but we'll go with that short list for now. Thank you for your time.

How long did it take you to type all this up?

On 4/15/2019 at 5:46 PM, AonEne said:

To resolve the shipping debate

Because the books are good. I can write a better paragraph if you tell me what possible reason you might have for not reading them, so I can counter that.

I think it comes from being stuck in one character's point of view for the whole book. So it's either like book 6, where I loved being in Moon's pov and want to see more of that; or it ends up like book 8, where I just could not get into Peril's headspace for the life of me, to the point that it was a chore to read. Particularly coming off of SA, where if I didn't like a character's pov, I at least had the others to sweeten the experience.

I also feel that the second plotline was kind of unnecessary.

I will note that I thoroughly enjoyed books 1-5 and Darkstalker.

I see. So, there are the prologues and epilogues, and those usually have new POVs. Darkness of Dragons has all five characters' viewpoints again in the epilogue, so you get a little Moon. (I love her too.) If you stopped reading during EP...well, I won't spoil it, but Peril's POV gets a drastic change partway through, so that plus the character development immediately following it could help you finish her book and move on to Turtle and Qibli respectively. The third arc also has a new cast of characters, plus even more Moonwatcher, everyone's favorite NightWing (except when she's not). If you're just getting burned out on Pyrrhia, and enjoyed the first books but would prefer a new setting, the third arc will also help with that. It's set in Pantala - the Lost Continent, as Clearsight refers to it. Three new dragon tribes and all-new cultures (which, can I just fangirl, they have religion! And civilization and government to an extent and it's just cool. Don't get me wrong, I love Pyrrhia's cultures, but Pantala has some interesting stuff.). Tui's writing, on the prose standpoint, just keeps on getting better. Not sure if much can tackle Darkstalker, but for me DOD came close.

Edited by AonEne
forgot that you wanted it in just one paragraph

16 hours ago, AonEne said:

I see. So, there are the prologues and epilogues, and those usually have new POVs. Darkness of Dragons has all five characters' viewpoints again in the epilogue, so you get a little Moon. (I love her too.) If you stopped reading during EP...well, I won't spoil it, but Peril's POV gets a drastic change partway through, so that plus the character development immediately following it could help you finish her book and move on to Turtle and Qibli respectively. The third arc also has a new cast of characters, plus even more Moonwatcher, everyone's favorite NightWing (except when she's not). If you're just getting burned out on Pyrrhia, and enjoyed the first books but would prefer a new setting, the third arc will also help with that. It's set in Pantala - the Lost Continent, as Clearsight refers to it. Three new dragon tribes and all-new cultures (which, can I just fangirl, they have religion! And civilization and government to an extent and it's just cool. Don't get me wrong, I love Pyrrhia's cultures, but Pantala has some interesting stuff.). Tui's writing, on the prose standpoint, just keeps on getting better. Not sure if much can tackle Darkstalker, but for me DOD came close.

Thanks for the advice 'Ene. My younger brother got me into the series, and has continually pestered me to finish, so with that in mind, I might just finish it. (As soon as I can find a good point in my WoT re-read, and find time to read John Gwynne's Faithful and the Fallen series)

• 2 weeks later...