Ask Ene Literally Anything, Including Advice

AonEne

3 hours ago, DoomStick said:

Don’t mind me, I’m just going to steal your grocery stores :ph34r: 

When you can't afford to buy Trials of Apollo or Dragonwatch, sneak over to the Royal Grocery Store not a library to read your fill! ;) 

• 3 weeks later...

I’m sorry for the double post, but it’s been a few days and I have relevant information: up until this very post, I was tied post-for-post with Chaos for the longest thread in this subforum. I know not a lot of people make AMAs, but wow lol :P 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Dreamer said:

If you could take any magic system from the Random Magic Systems thread, which one would you choose?

The sticky notes, popularity, or chocolate, probably in that order. 

2 hours ago, Dreamer said:

No chocolate, cheese, sticky notes, forum games (no cheating!) or warthog meat

Rocks, then. Edit: or popularity, since you didn’t mention it 

Edited by AonEne

11 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

What's the worst Nightwatcher Bane you've ever received? 

Worst as in the one I hated the most at the time or the one that has the worst long-term consequences? Fair warning, I don’t remember all of them off the top of my head and I’m not going to go reread that much right now, so it’ll just be the most memorable ones. 

35 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Worst as in the one I hated the most at the time or the one that has the worst long-term consequences? Fair warning, I don’t remember all of them off the top of my head and I’m not going to go reread that much right now, so it’ll just be the most memorable ones. 

Most memorable/devastating rather than most hated/annoying

22 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

Most memorable/devastating rather than most hated/annoying

Hm, probably when I was given a spren bond to Kelsier - with me as the spren. It was a clever twisting of my request and the little write-up Zath did was hilarious, but being bonded to Kelsier sounds both amazing and like an extremely bad idea that could go very wrong. Seeing as how he immediately sent me off to raid the Ire iirc...yeah, doesn’t bode well. 

2 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

What is the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?

Like, just plain odd, or cosmic-level-horror terrifying, or cool at the time but strange in retrospect when I woke up? (Fair warning, I don’t remember most of my dreams either) 

2 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Umm... if you have answers for them, all three?

Odd: I was Ginny and we were fighting Voldemort on the Shattered Plains, either that or a bunch of floating suitcases. Dumbledore said something profound and I was like “I’ll remember this” and then I forgot it right after. I think Harry died. 

Yikes: I was in another dimension, I believe? I couldn’t perceive it all the way, just very bright blacks and whites and this giant spherical being - maybe a being - and almost everything was incompatible with my mind, so incredibly incomprehensible and enormous and wrong and I hardly remember any of it, except that it was worse than my worst nightmare because at least in nightmares you can usually think right. It’s like that thing when an infinite divinity goes to touch or speak to a mortal and then they’re like “wait no I’d break their brain with how alien I am”. Part of me wants to have one of those dreams again so I can try to get more information, and part of me absolutely does not. 

Cool: There was like a DA Voidus and a good Voidus who led TUBA only they were both more complicated than that and both had wives who stood around and talked and allied and tried to stop this fight between DA Voidus and another villain, idk who, but they were trying to kill the other guy so the Voiduses could fight, and they did it, so they were fighting at the top of a skyscraper after flying up an elevator shaft, and also there was someone who climbed it? And in the penthouse there was lava and good Voidus had on a protective suit and he went under and was like “HAHA you can’t come get me because I UNHOOKED YOUR AIR THING so you can’t get air under the lava” and DA Voidus was like “welp I’ve been bested, how clever of you” after this intense staring match where I do think they were both almost smiling. Meanwhile on the outside of the skyscraper, Whitley Schnee was clinging to the side with a grappling hook and a mechanical scorpion tail, begging Tyrian to take him as an apprentice for vengeance. And there was a flying chase through the city at one point before the fight I think. I don’t remember many details, but the whole thing was so epic, and then I woke up and was like “what in the actual everliving crap?” 

Edit: I can remember actually stopping the storyline to puzzle through how Voidus and Voidus were hearing each other under the lava, if they had mics in their suits and why they would have let each other do that, then dismissing it. :P I think I was close to lucid dreaming, but I can’t lucid dream much. 

Edited by AonEne

45 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

That Voidus vs. Voidus one sounded amazing :D. The weird other dimension one sounds pretty freaky though. And the Harry Potter one seemed fun. 

It was, it was, and it was :P 

Another freaky detail was that I’m pretty sure I had those dreams when I was fairly young, because I can’t pinpoint a time at all, and it was definitely before high school. I’m being contacted by aliens or something :P 

12 hours ago, AonEne said:

I’m being contacted by aliens or something :P 

Ooooh aliens. I don’t know why that was my first thought :P. 

But the weirdest dreams I can remember also all happened at a young age, so maybe there’s actually a reason behind it.

It is easier for aliens to influence the minds of young children.

When is your earliest memory from? What is it? (If you're okay with sharing. Feel free to say no.)

What is the weirdest thing you said today?

Animal, mineral, or vegetable?

Do you know what you want to do with your life?

What is the biggest problem our world is facing, in your opinion?

Which Kholin would you want as a sibling? 

How do you pronounce Kholin?

Do you have any irrational fears?

12 hours ago, AonEne said:

Another freaky detail was that I’m pretty sure I had those dreams when I was fairly young, because I can’t pinpoint a time at all, and it was definitely before high school. I’m being contacted by aliens or something :P 

You know my thoughts on this... :ph34r:

What did you dream about last night?