Ask Ene Literally Anything, Including Advice

AonEne

10 minutes ago, Dannex said:

Sorry no. I’m not in it anymore. Iirc It has a custom url though, so it’s probably something like discord.gg/TheGameTheorists or /GameTheoryDiscord or /GameTheory or something. The invite is occasionally in the description of some of the GT vids too.

Mmm, I haven't ever seen it there, I'll have to check out some more. Is it gt-only or for all their YT channels? 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok @AonEne I’ve got a question for you:

So a while back there was a thread that was getting heated, then a mod posted and told everyone to cool down

So my question is: are the mods constantly monitoring every thread that is active or do you only check One one out when someone PMs you or there are many posts in a short time

On 5/16/2021 at 8:00 AM, Knight of Iron said:

Anything, Including Advice?

Hide contents

:P

Indeed :D

On 5/16/2021 at 8:58 AM, Bejardin1250 said:

Ok @AonEne I’ve got a question for you:

So a while back there was a thread that was getting heated, then a mod posted and told everyone to cool down

So my question is: are the mods constantly monitoring every thread that is active or do you only check One one out when someone PMs you or there are many posts in a short time

This varies; often we'll get a report or message and notice it that way, sometimes one of us has been reading the thread before that, sometimes we'll just notice when a thread is very active and starting to get contentious.

21 minutes ago, Apollyon said:

@AonEne, how have you been? I haven't seen you in a while.

It goes up and down and a lot of the time I'm not okay but I'm in a good place despite that and YOU'RE BACK SO TODAY IS A GOOD DAY!

• 1 month later...

So, there is a leaderboard for most status updates, most rep, most images, etc. Is there anything for most days won? Because I can’t find anything for that, so I was wondering if there was something I was missing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/25/2021 at 5:24 PM, Chinkoln said:

So, there is a leaderboard for most status updates, most rep, most images, etc. Is there anything for most days won? Because I can’t find anything for that, so I was wondering if there was something I was missing.

I don't believe so, no. It's possible the admins can access that data from the backend though. 

How do you become a moderator? Like is it the people who started this site or can you earn your way up to it?

Edited by Elf_at_heart

On 7/23/2021 at 7:20 AM, Elf_at_heart said:

How do you become a moderator? Like is it the people who started this site or can you earn your way up to it?

Heh, I definitely haven't been around long enough to have started the site! If the staff thinks someone will be good at it, they reach out and ask them. It's not a certain thing, you can be a great community member and be around for a long time and still not become one - there are lots of factors that play into it. 

And - at the time of day (or rather, the middle of the night) that I am currently seeing this - it's been a good day! ;) You? 

50 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Heh, I definitely haven't been around long enough to have started the site! If the staff thinks someone will be good at it, they reach out and ask them. It's not a certain thing, you can be a great community member and be around for a long time and still not become one - there are lots of factors that play into it. 

And - at the time of day (or rather, the middle of the night) that I am currently seeing this - it's been a good day! ;) You? 

Oh, thanks for that answer. I had been wondering since a long time.

Its about 5:30 pm right now where I am and yeah, its been a good day.

On 7/25/2021 at 5:44 AM, Elf_at_heart said:

Oh, thanks for that answer. I had been wondering since a long time.

Its about 5:30 pm right now where I am and yeah, its been a good day.

Sounds like we're about twelve hours apart! 

• 4 months later...
On 1/3/2022 at 10:28 PM, Elf said:

What was your first impression of me? 

EDIT: I'm getting impatient @AonEne

Sorry about that, I don't check my notifications every day. 

First impression, hmm...I liked your name. I don't remember where I first saw you, so my biggest overall impression was 'new person'. I know, I'm disappointing :P 

On 1/10/2022 at 2:34 PM, Frustration said:

@AonEne

What does the fox say?

The fox says hehehehehehehehehehehehe arrrr eeeeeee rrrrrr hehehehehehe. 

(This channel has many adorable fox videos! I've learned things, too.) 

• 2 months later...

What was the last song you listened to?

Who’s your favorite artist to listen to?

What’s your favorite type of cheese

If you were a boat, what kind of boat would you be? 

Favorite place you’ve been to?

Best day of your life?

What was your first impression of me, and is it much different from now? :ph34r:

On 3/16/2022 at 11:04 AM, #1 Taln Fan said:

What was the last song you listened to?

Who’s your favorite artist to listen to?

What’s your favorite type of cheese

If you were a boat, what kind of boat would you be? 

Favorite place you’ve been to?

Best day of your life?

What was your first impression of me, and is it much different from now? :ph34r:

Thank you for the questions! 

Currently listening to Hamilton. Hurricane just started playing, so the last one I listened to was We Know. 

Hmm...I don't know if I have a favorite artist specifically. I do love Lin-Manuel Miranda, but if we're going by "I listen to most of the songs they put out" maybe Imagine Dragons? Toby Fox is also great. And lately I've enjoyed a lot of Au/Ra's songs. Also - if you haven't heard Stormlyte's cosmere music yet, you're missing out big! But I don't know if any of them count as favorites, lol. 

Iunno if I have one of those either, mostly because I'm ambivalent on cheese. Say cheddar. 

Probably a raft. 

Physical places...home?? Probably doesn't count. I honestly haven't been many places, we don't travel a lot; my options are Wisconsin, Mississippi, Seattle, Alaska, and Canada, and most of those I was only in for a short time that I don't remember well. The last three were from an Alaskan cruise, and that was a nice trip, so let's say that. 

Woof. That's a question. If it has to be self-contained, I honestly don't think I can pick. If it's allowed to be the best when looking at the effects it had on continuing days, then that's easy. The day I signed up to join the Shard. :wub: 

Hmm...I think I had you mixed up with someone else at the time you first came into my awareness as a regular on Discord, and I remember one moment in which I was confused because I'd had weird vibes off of them and you were cool and I was realizing you were different people? That was my first impression of you. So, definitely different from now, when I think you're awesome and chill and quite like you. :D 

• 1 month later...