Ask Ene Literally Anything, Including Advice

AonEne

On 11/3/2020 at 7:56 PM, Nameless said:

Hey Ene, were there any "mod powers" that surprised you when you first became a mod?

Oh absolutely, there were a bunch of things I didn't know mods could do. I knew most of it, but some really did take me aback. 

12 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

HOW ARE THE DOGGOS GOING?

ADORABLE. The golden pupper bothered me all morning asking for me to love him and pet him and give him attention, and I was like "no I need to get ready for school, no this isn't for you to eat it's my breakfast, no you can't come out the door with me guys" but agh, so cute while they were doing it :D 

On 11/9/2020 at 3:56 PM, AonEne said:

Oh absolutely, there were a bunch of things I didn't know mods could do. I knew most of it, but some really did take me aback. 

ADORABLE. The golden pupper bothered me all morning asking for me to love him and pet him and give him attention, and I was like "no I need to get ready for school, no this isn't for you to eat it's my breakfast, no you can't come out the door with me guys" but agh, so cute while they were doing it 

:lol: Dogs are the best. 
Have we met? (Don’t answer that)

Are you just a figment of my imagination?

Are doors useful?

On 11/9/2020 at 2:13 PM, Nameless said:

Out of curiosity, could you tell me what some of those are? :ph34r:

I can't tell you everything as we like to keep moderation mostly private, but for example, we can set a thread to lock or unlock itself at a certain time when creating it. I've never used that feature yet, but it's apparently a thing.

On 11/11/2020 at 7:16 AM, Bearer of all agonies said:

Have we met? (Don’t answer that)

Are you just a figment of my imagination?

Are doors useful?

Too bad, I am anyway :P not that I know of.

Nope.

Yes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Ookla the Intimidating said:

Definitely cool, but people would swarm it too much and he's not active anyway. 

Yeah, but what if it was like a signing where he would pick certain people or something? How awesome would that be? Especially because I've never met him.

On 11/30/2020 at 2:16 PM, Ookla the Tortured said:

Yeah, but what if it was like a signing where he would pick certain people or something? How awesome would that be? Especially because I've never met him.

Definitely, though you could always ask him questions through another way.

On 12/3/2020 at 7:51 PM, Ookla the Tortured said:

How? (Besides signings)

I really want to meat him. . . 

I doubt you want to 'meat' him, that sounds unpleasant ;)

Reddit, emails, stuff like that. There are ways to try contacting Brandon if it's urgent.

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Intimidating said:

I doubt you want to 'meat' him, that sounds unpleasant ;)

Reddit, emails, stuff like that. There are ways to try contacting Brandon if it's urgent.

Ok. Yeah, definetely wouldn't want to meat him. That'll turn out bad. Thanks, that'll be useful when I finally finish Fleet. 

What is your least favorite rep title of all time?

Edited by Ookla the Tortured

Wait, do you know Chaos? Have you met him? Have you spoken to him? Is he a real person, or is he just an all-powerful, surprisingly kind, and understanding admin bot? Are you the youngest moderator? Have you been on Shardcast (I don't watch all of them, so I am curious)? What do you have to do to become a Moderator?

2 hours ago, Chinkoln said:

Wait, do you know Chaos? Have you met him? Have you spoken to him? Is he a real person, or is he just an all-powerful, surprisingly kind, and understanding admin bot? Are you the youngest moderator? Have you been on Shardcast (I don't watch all of them, so I am curious)? What do you have to do to become a Moderator?

I know him online, I'd say, but I've never met him in person or spoken over vc with him. I don't have the clearance to answer whether or not he's a bot. :ph34r: I am the youngest mod. I have not been on Shardcast yet. It varies, basically just be a nice, responsible, active member of the community who we think will be good staff.

Oh, I just thought of something I’ve been curious about. Do the moderation/admin staff get payed? I would think not cause the shard doesn’t have ads to make money as far as I can tell and hosting a website already costs money, so the only income would be from the patreon they have. Regardless, I’m curious.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 9:43 PM, Blessing of Potency said:

Oh, I just thought of something I’ve been curious about. Do the moderation/admin staff get payed? I would think not cause the shard doesn’t have ads to make money as far as I can tell and hosting a website already costs money, so the only income would be from the patreon they have. Regardless, I’m curious.

Nope, none of us are paid. All the money from Patreon and YouTube goes back into the site or Shardcast stuff.