US vs UK covers

Thommy92

So I'm just curious, because personally I really like the UK cover a lot better for this book, and i haven't gotten any of the UK versions of any other sanderson books, do they typically read any differently? or are the basically the same as the US versions?

If there are differences they would be small ones to make it more familiar to the region such as "trunk" vs "boot" and chips vs fries; just really small stuff. The odds are though, since almost all of the books take place in a fantasy world, the text remains unchanged.

The first thing I noticed was the description of Brandon was 'Sunday Times Bestselling Author' instead of 'New York Times Bestselling Author'. 

Since the books are both in English, you shouldn't see much of a difference. If it were translated, you might have seen some changes (names have been known to change in translation, like changing 'Milou' to 'Snowy', but that's not such a big issue in fantasy books since Brandon made up all the names). 

The UK doesn't engage in much censorship, so that shouldn't be a problem. 

The biggest change you will notice is the spelling of some words. They'll use the British spelling instead of the American one. Expect to see words like colour, favourite, centre, offence, traveller etc. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...