Wit's Fan Club

• 2 years later...

On 3/27/2014 at 0:51 AM, RadiantNights said:

Just have to say my favorite Wit moment has to be when he switched places while driving the coach in WoR.

"He ran off giggling like a child, he did"

I can totally see hoid doing something like this but he's the only one who thinks it's hilarious.

Also think about this... He must spend like 95% of his concentration trying not to let info about other shard worlds slip out accidently. Could you imagine how confused people would be if he let the word allomancer or feruchemy or an-dor slip? They already think he's strange but he would go to nuts if he mentioned anything like that

In the prison scene with Kaladin, Wit does reference the fact that he is already using another world´s magic system in Roshar. While tuning his instrument he says something along the lines of: Perfect Pitch makes this all so much easier than it once was. Hoid in Warbreaker plays a critical part that would likely not be possible without him having reached the the third heightening. The comment just goes over Kaladin´s head. I suspect he does drop comments like that pretty consistently, but nobody cares because he is such an oddball.

• 1 year later...

The epilogue of Oathbringer where Wit insults the Thaylen man then find out that the man didn't speak Alethi and then decides that repeating it all in Thaylen would be monotonous cuts in front of the man instead. 

Slightly off topic but would somebody clarify this for me? It's driving me crazy! 

Questioner
What happened to Hoid after he met Kelsier at the Well?

Brandon Sanderson
He went to figure out Feruchemy. When Vin found him beaten up, it was because he got more involved than he should have.

Spoiler

Has anybody else taken note of the fact that since Hoid has bonded with a Cryptic that he's now stuck on Roshar?

• Chaos locked this topic