Am i the only one?

Era

Who didnt like this book? I love everything sanderson touches, but this book was written in a completely different style. I know it was aimed at a younger audience but so was the rithmatist and i loved that also. The plot was good and i know for a fact if it was written in the same style as the rest of his books it would have been great, it just seemed cheesy to me and really cringey in a lot of places. The characters seemed really cliche to me and the humour seemed forced like the whole metaphor thing was so unfunny and super annoyed after like the first 50 times and i kept find my face in my palm. Really dissapointed, hes my absolute favourite author but this just didn't seem like him, almost like he outlined the book and got a minion to write the thing.

I wouldn't worry about not liking the book.

Nobody has ever written a book that everyone likes. Steelheart is probably just not your kind of book.

Steelheart is a very different kind of book then the rest of Brandon's works.  It is a 'big problem' story, and is probably the least character driven of all of Brandon's published works.  Additionally the book is considerably less subtle in terms of plot and character.  This felt intentional to me.  The book is targeted at a younger audience that likes superhero stories.  That kind of audience is generally accustomed to this style of writing.

I loved Steelheart (hence my username) but I am sure you are not the only one that didn't like it, and there is nothing wrong with that.

i didn't love The Rithmatist. I enjoyed Steelheart. Both were not as great as Mistborn or The Stormlight books IMO. Im currently reading Steelheart to my 8 year old and he has thoroughly enjoyed it. I think its just intended for a different audience. I am curious if you have read the Alcatraz books?

• Chaos locked this topic