Tournament: Cosmere Character Roast Battles

Nictorious, that was an awesome rap, you did a great job writing that in Wayne's voice!  Well done.  'Twas a close contest.

Spook vs Odium, starting in just under 24 hours from now.  Alright, haha!  This'll be great.  Good luck to you, too, AonEne.

Hello, 17th Sharders! This is Ashspren, here live with the FIRST EVER COSMERE CHARACTER ROAST BATTLE TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND!

Before we begin, @AonEne and @Zath, here’s your customary aloe vera:

4552D9C9-53C8-4A65-8DA4-73775964567D.jpeg.18a383afdc8873a709bf29f0b7c642aa.jpeg

Here we have Odium, powerful Shard of hate

Going up against Spook, Survivor of the Flames

They have 48 hours to show off their skill

And with their awesome bars they’ll go in for the kill

After that, we’ll have 24 hours of voting time

To choose the person who is truly the Master of Rhyme

So with this championship round

Rust is going down

People all over town

Come to see who gets the crown

So from Nalthis to Roshar

Scadrial to Sel

Who’s the Roast Champion? 

Only time will tell.

AonEne and Zath, I wish you both luck!

18 hours ago, Zath said:

Nictorious, that was an awesome rap, you did a great job writing that in Wayne's voice!  Well done.  'Twas a close contest.

Spook vs Odium, starting in just under 24 hours from now.  Alright, haha!  This'll be great.  Good luck to you, too, AonEne.

Thanks @Zath. Love Wayne's 'slang', thought he would be fun too rap as, and i was right.

You totally earned the win here though. Good luck in the final round my dude.

Could i get some of that Aloe Vera please? :lol:

These are all amazing! I only just saw any of this; sorry people later on in the thread, I used all my upvotes up before I got to you....

@Ashspren, this was such a cool idea, thanks for setting it up. 

@Zath, I expect and fully intend to vote for you. If yours is better, that is. 

@AonEne and everyone else, yours have all been really awesome as well! 

I know that this is only cosmere characters, and I'm not yet familiar enough to try this, but what if someone rapped as Alcatraz? :huh::D 

This would be my first two lines:

This is the best real rap that you have ever heard,
but wait, I need to stop and say something absurd...

Rutabaga would have to be in there several times.

So unfortunately, life happens, and @AonEne couldn’t submit a rap. Thus...

THE WINNER OF THE FIRST EVER COSMERE CHARACTER ROAST BATTLE TOURNAMENT IS @Zath, REPRESENTING SPOOK! 

Ising the being of well-deserved victory, Zath. Congratulations! All the upvotes to you. Winner winner chouta dinner.

~~~

I hope everyone had fun competing in the tournament! I loved putting it together, and I’m so excited for the next group of competitors. 

I will start the next tournament 10 or 11 days from now. Here are the people on the reserved list: 

@Mistspren
@Herowannabe
@hoiditthroughthegrapevine
@Valhalla
@AxeliustheGreat
@Edgedancer Jak
@Rhapsody
@I think I am here.
@Archer

We still need at least 7 more competitors! In these next 10-11 days, please respond on this thread with which character you would want to represent. You are definitely allowed to pick one that has already been used. If you are a returning competitor, I highly encourage you to pick someone new to represent. Stick to Cosmere characters only, please! 

As something new for this round, if you are too late to sign up for this round, you might still be able to compete. You will be put on a waiting list, so if anyone is unable to participate, you can step in and represent their character. However, this is only for the primary round. In the semifinals and championships, if someone is unable to compete, the second place winner from their previous match will step in. They will also have to represent the previous person's character.

If you are a filler person, you are allowed to be on the reserved list for the next tournament. However, if you are pulled into the current tournament, you will be taken off the reserved list. 

Okay, wow, I’m terrible at explaining things. If anyone needs a further explanation, please let me know!

In this 10-11 day break period, smack talk is allowed, and in fact, encouraged. However, make sure that you are roasting only the characters and not the users representing them. Also, please think twice before posting smack talk and think about if something is going over the line. Additionally, do not post anything that would be deemed inappropriate by 17th Shard site rules. This includes dividing by zero. 

If you are competing in this next round, please read over the rules and setup:

Thanks everyone, 

Ashspren

Edited by Ashspren

2 minutes ago, Ashspren said:

I will start the next tournament 10 or 11 days from now. Here are the people on the reserved list: 

Congrats Zath! 

Ashspren, when can we choose our characters? (If we can do it now, dibs on Allomancer Jak)

Thanks @Ashspren for running this! It was so much fun to follow!

and congrats to @Zath on the win! I’d  just like to point out that I called it before the competition even began. ;) 

Now, to pick my character. This is tough. I have 3 that I’d really like to do, and even started writing some lines for one of them, but I think I’ll go ahead and call Stick before anyone else does. ;) 

3 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

Thanks @Ashspren for running this! It was so much fun to follow!

and congrats to @Zath on the win! I’d  just like to point out that I called it before the competition even began. ;) 

Now, to pick my character. This is tough. I have 3 that I’d really like to do, and even started writing some lines for one of them, but I think I’ll go ahead and call Stick before anyone else does. ;) 

Oh my Domi, you did! 

*thrusts bag towards Hero* Here are your spheres. 

Nice choice with Stick, by the way...