Tournament: Cosmere Character Roast Battles

Huh. I really don't know how the drunk monkey does it so well. That's probably the one hole in Lightsong's theory.

Either way, we'll see if Aidgiver the Roasted will make it to another round (or if I'll have more time on my hands)

5 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

When I click the link to vote, it says that it’s no longer accepting responses. I don’t know if this is just my device being weird, or if something is wrong with the voting.

Nothing wrong with your device – that was on my end, sorry! I fixed it.

The results are in... Yokska, a.k.a. "Aidgiver the Roasted", is continuing on to the next round! Congratulations, @Silva

@Sorana, you were amazing as always, and you so much for participating in this tournament. :) 

Next up... 

Team 1: 
@Herowannabe, with Galladon! 

@Paranoid King, with Gemmel! 

Team 2: 
@Toaster Retribution, with Kelsier! 

@Gray to, with Sebarial! 

Your theme: Shakespeare

Your special twist: You must feature a guest rapper from the book or group that your character comes from (e.g. – Lift could feature Wyndle). 

You have 96 hours. Good luck! 

30 minutes ago, Paranoid King said:

Well, this should be interesting. I don't think Gemmel knows anyone other than Kelsier.

Hey, @Toaster Retribution, would you mind writing me a guest roast? :D

8 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I’ll write your guest roast if you write mine :-D

Hang on... I think I need to clarify something... 

By guest roast, I meant that you feature another character, not another Sharder. Sorry, guys...

1 minute ago, Ashspren said:

By guest roast, I meant that you feature another character, not another Sharder. Sorry, guys...

Well, that's a shame. And here I was halfway through the tale of Kelsier's glorious battle against a mistwraith. He almost won, too.

13 minutes ago, Paranoid King said:

Well, that's a shame. And here I was halfway through the tale of Kelsier's glorious battle against a mistwraith. He almost won, too.

Sorry... :( Maybe in a future round. 

5 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Good luck to all of you! I'm really excited to read what you think of!

@Ashspren

Thanks a lot! I had a lot of fun, and I was really honored that you let me participate this time. But honestly, everybody else was better than me. :lol:

Not true! You’re amazing. :) 

49 minutes ago, Ashspren said:

Gotcha. There will be guests, there will be roastin, and all will be by me. 

Can you explain the Shakespeare part btw. We have to write everything with his flowery language? Why arth thou stealing thy boots, you dastardly crook? That kind of stuff?

1 hour ago, Paranoid King said:

Haha! Well done! I wrote a 90-page Shakesperian poem about Gemmels opinion on hot dogs...

3 hours ago, Ashspren said:

Your theme: Shakespeare

Your special twist: You must feature a guest rapper from the book or group that your character comes from (e.g. – Lift could feature Wyndle). 

Awesome, nice twists Ashpren!

2 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Haha! Well done! I wrote a 90-page Shakesperian poem about Gemmels opinion on hot dogs...

I think I found some of that Toaster, and it was definitely a Shakespearean Tradgedy:

GIMMEL: 'O Hotdogeo, Hotdogeo! Wherefore art mine Hotdogeo?

KELSIER: Shall I hear more, or shall I soothe yon crazy loon?
(Kelsier suspended underneath the balcony, burps, then listens as Gimmel keeps talking to himself)

GIMMEL: A rose by any other name is still a rose, but no rose doth taste as sweet as mine Hotdog-eo. Filings of iron, dustings of pewter, a solitary piece of atium didst adorn my fair Hotdogeo. Oh miserable wretch am I, I am lost without mine Hotdogeo

53 minutes ago, Gray to said:

Oh Shakespeare, my old nemesis. I never thought I'd have to work with you to win a rap battle

I've got good news and bad news for you Gray.
First the good news, your nemesis is dead...which leads directly to the bad news, I think you're on your own on this one...

Super excited for this, I think this is going to be an awesome round!

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine
typos typos typos

59 minutes ago, Rhapsody said:

@Sorana You were awesome! Don't sell yourself short. ^_^

You're biased. :P But thanks, I know you mean it.

I have to admit, I consider myself lucky I didn't had the Shakespeare theme. To try to imitate the language, would have been really hard for me.

14 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

How dith thy get thou hands on that? I hideth it well. Behindeth a tree.

Oh, that didst make me snigger behindeth mine own hands, like a merry little school girl evenst. (am out of upvotes, but will get you one for that you sly toaster you)

19 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Oh, that didst make me snigger behindeth mine own hands, like a merry little school girl evenst. (am out of upvotes, but will get you one for that you sly toaster you)

Thy dastardly crook, stealing my beloveth and very oryginal folio. 

You got an upvote too, you sly... grapevine?