Tournament: Cosmere Character Roast Battles

*has failed to get hands on Oathbringer in the past 4 hours* 

*stalks the internet a bit and scrounges through WoK and WoR*

*finds some (possibly useful) stuff*

@Ashspren, so you said they have to direct quotes from or about the character....does that about include their "accomplishments" if they can be shown through a quote even if they aren't explicitly mentioned, but it would likely be attributed to them? 

There definitely is not a case specifically being thought of over here. Definitely not. :ph34r: 

3 hours ago, AonEne said:

*has giant urge to tell contestants to write a speech about accepting Oscar Pine* *realizes that only one person out of the four would even get the joke, because Silva's probably not there yet* *hides in corner, waiting with trepidation for her turn*

How far away is it?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

*is wondering how much RWBY she should binge in the next <96 hours*

1 hour ago, Silva said:

*has failed to get hands on Oathbringer in the past 4 hours* 

*stalks the internet a bit and scrounges through WoK and WoR*

*finds some (possibly useful) stuff*

@Ashspren, so you said they have to direct quotes from or about the character....does that about include their "accomplishments" if they can be shown through a quote even if they aren't explicitly mentioned, but it would likely be attributed to them? 

There definitely is not a case specifically being thought of over here. Definitely not. :ph34r: 

If you can’t get your hands on Oathbringer at all, then go ahead. Don’t want to make this too stressful for everyone. :) 

30 minutes ago, Ashspren said:

If you can’t get your hands on Oathbringer at all, then go ahead. Don’t want to make this too stressful for everyone. :) 

I'll try to find one. School libraries exist to serve some purpose, right?

You meet Oscar Pine in V4C1, but his importance really kicks in in V4C4. So volume four. Until then, you don't have to worry about him.

35 minutes ago, Silva said:

I'll try to find one. School libraries exist to serve some purpose, right?

How does me taking pictures of every page Yokska is in sound? Not sure how well that would work, but hey, if you can't find it...

Edited by AonEne
typo

Just drove by my father and retrieved my copy of Oathbringer and he was like "when will I get it back, I'm in the midst of a battle". And I had to promise to drive by on Sunday again and give it back. ^_^

Then I got home and found his bookmark. He really is in the middle of Thaylen Field... Now I feel kind of sorry...

@Ashspren The quote has to be word by word, or could I maybe change the tense/ adjust the form of a verb, so that it's right grammatically if I have to cut a sentence in half?

Edited by Sorana

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

Just drove by my father and retrieved my copy of Oathbringer and he was like "when will I get it back, I'm in the midst of a battle". And I had to promise to drive by on Sunday again and give it back. ^_^

Then I got home and found his bookmark. He really is in the middle of Thaylen Field... Now I feel kind of sorry...

@Ashspren The quote has to be word by word, or could I maybe change the tense/ adjust the form of a verb, so that it's right grammatically if I have to cut a sentence in half?

Sure, as long as you get the gist of it. And I feel really bad for your father... :P 

23 hours ago, RWBYFan(IsThisGoodEnough?) said:

How does me taking pictures of every page Yokska is in sound? Not sure how well that would work, but hey, if you can't find it...

*laughs* I've found that taking pictures of book pages doesn't always turn out so well, but you could feel free to try it out :lol:. (Ene, don't actually. It takes forever. *remembers texting pictures of TFE to a friend*)

20 hours ago, Sorana said:

I can look something up for you, onceI get my copy back after work today.

Your poor dad...but since he's now on a cliffhanger, can you look up chapter 62? I think the description of her shop should be in there (thanks Coppermind)

3 hours ago, Silva said:

*laughs* I've found that taking pictures of book pages doesn't always turn out so well, but you could feel free to try it out :lol:. (Ene, don't actually. It takes forever. *remembers texting pictures of TFE to a friend*)

Your poor dad...but since he's now on a cliffhanger, can you look up chapter 62? I think the description of her shop should be in there (thanks Coppermind)

33 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Sure. You only need the shop?

This conversation should probably be continued in a PM so as to not clutter the thread. ;)

9 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

This conversation should probably be continued in a PM so as to not clutter the thread. ;)

And as to not disclose your roast battle secrets... :ph34r: 

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

Oh, this round is going to be awesome!

I’m looking forward to the roasts...

2 minutes ago, Ashspren said:

And as to not disclose your roast battle secrets... :ph34r: 

:D I didn't even start yet. My first 48 hours were spent with retrieving Oathbringer, typing chapter 62 into a google doc for Silva to use and listen to some speeches.

Thanks @Rhapsody and @Sorana, it was actually really fun writing this with the twists. As always thanks for setting this up @Ashspren, really excited to see how this tournament plays out.

Can't wait to see your raps Sorana and Silva! and of course, I can't wait to see Zath crank it up to 11 with his Sja-anat roast. Fun times ahead on the ol' shard for sure.