Tournament: Cosmere Character Roast Battles

7 hours ago, Paranoid King said:

Right?!? Even I wanted to vote for rock's roast! Debated with myself for a full minute before just voting myself. @Herowannabe nailed bridge 4's banter.

If you vote for me I’ll vote for you I promise! Whistle.gif

Edited by Herowannabe

Thanks everyone! A special shout-out to @Herowannabe, who pointed out my white text. Don't think I'd have gotten half the votes I did without his help. :)

To tell the truth, I signed up Tillaume to see if it was hard to roast someone you don't know anything about. Turns out it is. I was roasted for:

Spoiler
  • Serving the set
  • Blowing up
  • Tea

Which is good, because that's basically Tillaume in a nutshell.

Anyways, @Ashspren, if round 5 is a competition between previous winners, I'd like to request a few days break. I have finals this next week and probably need to focus on those. 

4 hours ago, Paranoid King said:

Anyways, @Ashspren, if round 5 is a competition between previous winners, I'd like to request a few days break. I have finals this next week and probably need to focus on those. 

I'm probably not going to start this for two weeks, just because everything is so busy right now. Don't worry about it. :) 

10 hours ago, Paranoid King said:

To tell the truth, I signed up Tillaume to see if it was hard to roast someone you don't know anything about. Turns out it is. I was roasted for:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Serving the set
  • Blowing up
  • Tea

Which is good, because that's basically Tillaume in a nutshell.

That may have played a small part in it, but superior roasting skills played a much bigger part. Case and Point: Tournament 2 I represented Stick, and I didn't win. ;)

Edited by Herowannabe

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the Fifth Cosmere Character Roast Battle Tournament: the Tournament of Champions!

This is my thousandth post, and I really wanted to spend it on something that’s been so fun for me to be a part of. So, naturally, I chose this.

I’d like to thank everyone who has participated in the Roast Battles. It’s really been up to you guys to keep this competition running. As I’ve said before, when I first started this, I didn’t think that I would get any participants, so looking at how many people have been a part of this makes me really happy.

On my AMA, I was asked by how I got the inspiration for this. As I told him, my friends and I teasingly roast each other all the time, and because we’re huge book nerds, we ended up insulting each other’s favorite characters. From there, I decided to bring it to the forums where, finally, someone would know all of my obscure Cosmere references.

So without further ado, I present… THE TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS!

If you are tagged in the list below, I am formally inviting you to join this tournament. This means that you made it to the semifinals (or within one vote) in your respective tournament(s). Please refrain from picking the character(s) you represented in a previous tournament. If you would like to participate, please reply with the character you would like to represent. If you would not like to participate in this tournament, that’s totally okay! Please make sure to PM me or reply confirming your forfeit.

@Zath
@Nictorius
@Gray to
@AonEne
@Archer
@I think I am here.
@Herowannabe
@Edgedancer Jak
@Perspective
@Felt
@hoiditthroughthegrapevine
@Silva
@Paranoid King
@BitBitio

Here is a recap of the rules in case you need them:

And one last thing to make this round extra special… what’s a roast battle without a few twists?

Regardless of whether or not you’re participating, please fill out the following form to answer this question: What’s your idea of a twist to make one of these rounds a little more challenging? Use your imagination… I’m excited to see what everyone comes up with. Here’s the link: https://goo.gl/forms/mamgYXNuCnFmM0yB2

I’ll give everyone a week to submit their characters and twists.

Again, thank you all so much. I can only hope that you’ve all enjoyed being a part of this as much as I have. I love running this competition, and it’s brought me closer to a lot of people in this amazing community of the Shard.

Love,
Ash

@Ashspren Congrats on 1,000 posts! And thanks for the invite! I wasn’t expecting this, so now I have to think up a good character. Hmm... 

EDIT: After some deliberation I’ll sign up as Galladon. He seems like he’s be fun to do, and Elantris has been woefully underrepresented in previous tournaments. :)

Edited by Herowannabe

Hey Ho Ashpren (like the Christmasy intro?),
Congrats on the, as the romans would write, M posts!

I'm a technical illustrator, and have a natural affinity for diagrams, so sign me up as Mr. T.

I'll have to think of a twist...I'm wrapping christmas presents right now, will be thinking about this while I wrap. Also, going to see the nutcracker (or as my father in law likes to call it, the butt-wracker) this afternoon, so I'll have a couple of hours to think about the twist then too.

Excellent!  I'm looking forward to this.  Thank you for the invite, :) and yes I'll sign up!  As...  a character.  From the Cosmere.  Mmmhmm.  Yep.  Uh...  Erm...
*deliberates*

I'll get back to you on that.  :rolleyes:

Sign me up as Sja-anat. 

Edited by Zath
Decided on a character. For better or worse.

I'll join up to fill any slots that end up empty. I don't know exactly how many people you want, but if it's more than the people you tagged, I'll just join in general. 

Edit: still only cosmere characters, right? 

Edited by Kidpen

On 12/22/2018 at 8:41 AM, Herowannabe said:

@Ashspren Congrats on 1,000 posts! And thanks for the invite! I wasn’t expecting this, so now I have to think up a good character. Hmm... 

EDIT: After some deliberation I’ll sign up as Galladon. He seems like he’s be fun to do, and Elantris has been woefully underrepresented in previous tournaments. :)

Ooh, good choice. I was actually going to sign up as Galladon in tournament 3, before switching to Hrathen. I'll be rooting for you!