Tournament: Cosmere Character Roast Battles

On 9/14/2018 at 9:09 AM, Nohadon said:

I'll sign up for...

Wayne!

(HOW HAS THIS NOT BEEN TAKEN YET?)

It was taken in the first tournament, but because Wayne didn't win in that tournament, he's still up for grabs. :)

On 9/14/2018 at 9:26 AM, Paranoid King said:

Sign me up as Spook!

Edit: wait, looks like someone already did spook. Sign me up as Hrathen

Yep, Zath did Spook in Tournament One. Because he won, you can't do Spook, but Hrathen is good!

@Julio @Spacefaring Ferring, you two are the only people on the reserved list who haven't commented yet. 

In addition to those two, we need four more people! Tell your friends, everyone!

Edited by Ashspren

10 hours ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

Heya, I'm here to sign up as Vasher or Lightsong. 

...Well, which is it?  Vasher or Lightsong?  Which one will you choose?!  THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME.

@Ashspren I will sign up as a pinch hitter again for this tournament. 
...And if there's not enough people to start the next tournament soon, I might be convinced to sign up as a full contestant... No promises, though.

Also...

Any characters that have been used by Roast Battle Champions shall henceforth be retired.

Retired... forever?  I like how that encourages a wider variety of Cosmere characters, but I think making the winning characters available again eventually would help this Roast Battle Tournament thread have a longer life-span. 
Plus, I'd love to see how other people handle Spook's Eastern Street Slang, especially considering how badly I mutilated it in my roasts.  (I mean, it was halfway comprehensible at times!  Shameful. -_-)

11 hours ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

Heya, I'm here to sign up as Vasher or Lightsong. 

Axelius, please let me know when you make a decision! Then, I will add you to the list. 

12 minutes ago, Zath said:

Retired... forever?  I like how that encourages a wider variety of Cosmere characters, but I think making the winning characters available again eventually would help this Roast Battle Tournament thread have a longer life-span. 
Plus, I'd love to see how other people handle Spook's Eastern Street Slang, especially considering how badly I mutilated it in my roasts.  (I mean, it was halfway comprehensible at times!  Shameful. -_-)

Not retired forever, I promise. Please note that this is a very rough outline and susceptible to change, but this is my current plan...

I want to keep the winning characters out for 5 tournaments. We will have 4 normal tournaments, then the fifth one will be a Tournament of Champions. The participants will be the four semifinalists from each tournament. If someone doesn't want to participate, I will call upon the second place winner from their primary round (I have been keeping track of both the first and second place winners). 

After that, the cycle will continue with another 5 tournaments. Characters who had been previously retired will be back up again. 

Hopefully, this thing lasts that long...

If I see that keeping the winning characters out is threatening the longevity of this thread, then I will change the rule.

Does this work with everyone? Please let me know so I can change it – I want this to be enjoyable for everyone! 

6 hours ago, Ashspren said:

Axelius, please let me know when you make a decision! Then, I will add you to the list. 

Not retired forever, I promise. Please note that this is a very rough outline and susceptible to change, but this is my current plan...

I want to keep the winning characters out for 5 tournaments. We will have 4 normal tournaments, then the fifth one will be a Tournament of Champions. The participants will be the four semifinalists from each tournament. If someone doesn't want to participate, I will call upon the second place winner from their primary round (I have been keeping track of both the first and second place winners). 

After that, the cycle will continue with another 5 tournaments. Characters who had been previously retired will be back up again. 

Hopefully, this thing lasts that long...

If I see that keeping the winning characters out is threatening the longevity of this thread, then I will change the rule.

Does this work with everyone? Please let me know so I can change it – I want this to be enjoyable for everyone! 

I like this plan, and I don’t think that it will be all that limiting. There are still dozens of other characters to choose from. I mean, we still haven’t covered half of the main and secondary characters. For example, IIRC nobody has done Wax yet, or Kaladin or any of the Kholins, most of Kelsier’s crew, or a lot of the lead female roles like Marasi, Sarene, Siri, Jasnah... (did someone do Vin? I feel like somebody did, but I can’t remember...)

The same goes for villains. I don’t think we’ve seen Dilaf, Zane or Straff Venture, Denth or his crew, and so on. 

So yeah, not being able to choose 1-4 specific characters isn’t really much of a limitation. ;)

Edited by Herowannabe

2 minutes ago, Firerust said:

Phooey, I don't know if I'm up for this. I mean, I have some writing skill, but not on a make-an-epic-roast-rap-in-under-48-hours level.

Though at the same time, the dumb and daring part of my brain is willing to give it a try...

Me neither!

Me too!

54 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Hey @Box Turtle and @Firerust, you should join! This is literally my favorite thread on the forums right now.

I’m flattered. ;) 

(Just kidding. It’s really the participants themselves who make this worthwhile.)

28 minutes ago, Firerust said:

Phooey, I don't know if I'm up for this. I mean, I have some writing skill, but not on a make-an-epic-roast-rap-in-under-48-hours level.

Though at the same time, the dumb and daring part of my brain is willing to give it a try...

Firerust... *puppy dog eyes* please?

4 minutes ago, Firerust said:

Weeelllll... seeing as I just saw a little puppy dog skitter by me at about the same time I read that message, how can I say no? It could be a sign or something.

Alright. Which character would I get to claim?

Any character you want, as long as it isn’t anybody who has already been taken for this round (see the OP for Tournament 3 Participants), Spook, or Allomancer Jak.