[OB] There is no way Dalinar could loose if ....

In There meeting Teravangion warns Odium he must not meet with Dalinar again , or Dalinar would be able to force a battle of champions . In his infinite wisdom when he was hyper smart Me T saw a contingency where no matter what Dalinar wins ! So I want you guys to tell me what that contingency in your mind is ?

For example “ There is no way Dalinar looses a contest of champions if :” and tell me your theory . I’ll go first :

There is no way Dalinar looses if he orders Szeth to loan him Nightblood . Dalinar then slams his fist together opening Honor perpindicularity and throws a bunch of gems on the ground . He then draws Nightblood and tells whoever Odiums champion is “ go ahead , make my day ! “ 

• Greywatch changed the title to [OB] There is no way Dalinar could loose if ....
On 7/17/2018 at 0:02 AM, SzethIsBadAsHell said:

In There meeting Teravangion warns Odium he must not meet with Dalinar again , or Dalinar would be able to force a battle of champions . In his infinite wisdom when he was hyper smart Me T saw a contingency where no matter what Dalinar wins ! So I want you guys to tell me what that contingency in your mind is ?

For example “ There is no way Dalinar looses a contest of champions if :” and tell me your theory . I’ll go first :

There is no way Dalinar looses if he orders Szeth to loan him Nightblood . Dalinar then slams his fist together opening Honor perpindicularity and throws a bunch of gems on the ground . He then draws Nightblood and tells whoever Odiums champion is “ go ahead , make my day ! “ 

Just a couple of grammatical things, well one really...it's lose. Loose is to release, lose is to be defeated. :)

Also...I think your proposal would turn out very badly. Nightblood feeds on investiture. What would happen if Dalinar opened the Perpendicularity (assuming that wasn't a one-time event) while holding Nightblood?

But it's an interesting idea, and I'll bite. There's no way Dalinar loses a contest of champions if he doesn't fight, but rather Kaladin takes his place. Odium is going to select a champion that will be able to defeat Dalinar, and while Dalinar may be an awesome warrior, his mental fortitude isn't the best. For example, if Adolin were the opposing champion (under the "dark Adolin" theory), Dalinar wouldn't be able to win, no matter what tricks he could pull. He wouldn't be able to kill his own son. Also, if Dalinar doesn't fight (by appointing someone in his stead), he by definition can't lose. :D

2 hours ago, LiquidBlue said:

Dalinar can't lose because Odium already chose him as his champion. :) 

While it’s true Odium chose Dalinar as his champion. In that case all Dalinar would have to do is appoint someone like another high prince and order him to kill Dalinar and he throw the fight on purpose . Since he represents Odium he wins by sacrificing his life.

However I think because Odium left the battlefield those terms are not binding . Teravangian cautioned against Odium ever meeting him again . So I think by Dalinar refusing to give Odium his pain, he refused his request and he is not bound by agreement to represent Odium. Anyways for purposes of this speculation on this thread assume Dalinar is not Odiums champion. Odium has selected anybody powerful such as Nale or Moash. And Dalinar must fight them himself. What is a scenario in which Dalinar can’t loose!

Here are a few ideas on this:

A Dalinar can't lose if he somehow is able to name another shard. On the Adolin is a budding megagod theory, Dalinar can name future Adolin. Or maybe Lift? 

B Dalinar names someone whose very naming might upset Odium's in world plans. I.e. Rlain.

C Dalinar makes use of Renarin's foresight to name someone Odium's champion wouldn't fight. 

D Dalinar takes up Odium's power.

E Dalinar can't lose if it's a three champion fight between cultivation, honor and odium champions and Dalinar backs Lift (only current candidate really for cultivation's champion).

OK that's all I got for now.

Battle of champions seems so not Brandon. I'm against it in principle. No Belgariad ending of any kind. 

The champion thing is over. Odium is doing Sadeas-like stuff. "Yes, I will fight. Sometime in the future..."

So it is about war now. Odium is out of direct game. He has to not intervene directly. So they must to eliminate Unmade and Voidbringers. And keep humanity alive. And solve the Herald problem...

Wasn't it in Mistborn where we were told the Shards cannot directly influence anything however they can indirectly do so? I cannot remember the exact quote but I know that they basically turned events to influence others to do their willing.

I don't think the Stormlight arc is drawing toward a contest of strength between two people. Rather it oriented toward solving the original crisis and subsequent vendetta between the Dawnsinger and this particular brand of humanity. A duel between two people , which neither will be Dalinar, will be just like in the last battle a secondary event In my opinion victory here is the fused giving up on their eternal war and accepting cohabitation with human. 

• Chaos locked this topic