[OB] Who would u like to see as the final 2 Bondsmith

So we have no idea if all three Bondsmith will ever bond the mega spren: who would you most like to see rise up as the next two Bondsmith : me personally I would like to see Navani and Rock . Navani because she is so into Fabrials . And Rock because he is non violent and this would be a good use of his abilities : 

• Pagerunner changed the title to [OB] Who would u like to see as the final 2 Bondsmith
10 minutes ago, Calderis said:

Rlain for the sibling to bring in the Singers. 

I wanted T for Nightwatcher, but OB kind of killed that theory. 

On the contrary, I still think those two would be the best. What would prevent Mr T from bonding the Nightwatcher? For good or bad, he is very good at uniting. 

4 minutes ago, ZenBossanova said:

On the contrary, I still think those two would be the best. What would prevent Mr T from bonding the Nightwatcher? For good or bad, he is very good at uniting. 

I don't disagree, I just think the outright belief that he is serving Odium would be a detriment. He no longer believes he is uniting.

I still hold out for it, because I think it fits well. I just am not as confident as I was. 

4 minutes ago, ZenBossanova said:

Serving Odium would likely impact bonding with one of the spren. Example, when Odium tried to take over Dalinar, the SF's voice was far away, as though the bond was weakening. When Dalinar pushed Odium away, the bond was stronger. If T could find a balance between Odium and the oaths, then maybe, but it seems unlikely. 

Just now, Wandering Investor said:

Serving Odium would likely impact bonding with one of the spren. Example, when Odium tried to take over Dalinar, the SF's voice was far away, as though the bond was weakening. When Dalinar pushed Odium away, the bond was stronger. If T could find a balance between Odium and the oaths, then maybe, but it seems unlikely. 

If I were Odium, I would not trust Mr T at all. Of course, as readers, we have a POV even the Shards don't have. 

Yes, Mr T made a bargain with Odium, and normally I think making a deal with the devil is a really bad idea, but on his genius days, I could really see him out-smarting the devil/Odium. 

Mr T skirts the line between villain and hero even more than Kelsier does. 

Going on the elie estele theme of Spren, Stone and wind dont u think all 3 Bondsmith will have different abilities

Dalinar abilities would be different than the others . Dalinar can open Honors perpindicularity as he is bonded to Stormfather. Whoever bonds the  Nightwatcher may be able to grant boon/curses because I think the Nightwatcher is Spren. Or at the very least be able to Cultivate more spren. This may manifest as ability to bind special spren into special fabrials . Like the one Nale use to resurrect Szeth. 

that leaves the Sibling as stone so if Rlain bonds the sibling I think his special abilities will deal with activating Urithiru

what do u guys think ? Will they all have the same abilities or different ones unique to their specific mega spren

12 minutes ago, SzethIsBadAsHell said:

what do u guys think ? Will they all have the same abilities or different ones unique to their specific mega spren

I think that they will have the same abilities, save Dalinar. 

His uniqueness doesn't come from the Stormfather, but from the connection to the Shard of Honor created by the Stormfather having absorbed Tanavast's shadow, combined with his own alignment with that Shard. 

I think that in the past, the bondsmiths functioned like a more powerful and more limited in number, version of every other order. 

The Spren give the bond which allows surgebinding. They don't seem so far to grant any spren specific abilities beyond the variance in surges. 

I dont think Mr T can qualify for Bondsmith anymore on the basis that he chose a specific subset of Everyone to care about, so he'd have to reverse that course first (which itself might be an interesting story). 

I like Renarin for it with no reason other than I want him to become as Awesome as possible.  I like Rlain for it, but only because he's one of the few Listener characters and I really want one bondsmith to be non-human.  I could easily see it going to Navani though I dont know how I feel about it becoming that much of a Kholin dynasty.  On the extreme fringe of what is possible I could see the Cryptic that they were digging for (that Hoid likely bonded) to be the missing Third Sibling based purely on how much effort they were expending trying to reach it. 

I could see Lift as being bonded to the Nightwatcher. She's going to be one of the primary characters in the second arch, so it would make sense. I really like Rlain as the Sibling Bondsmith. He'd be perfect. I feel like Brandon has to be saving him for SOMETHING. He was kind of in the shadows during OB, and I feel like there's gonna be some kind of big reveal later. I hope his character kind of opens up a bit at least though. With some first person. I could also see Venli bonding the sibling. She'd be a pretty solid choice. We've seen her growing a lot and I could see all of her character development in OB as leading up to it. 

Edited by KalaDANG

23 minutes ago, Quantus said:

I dont think Mr T can qualify for Bondsmith anymore on the basis that he chose a specific subset of Everyone to care about, so he'd have to reverse that course first (which itself might be an interesting story). 

That is what he said, if you entirely believe that. 

1 minute ago, Quantus said:

I dont think Lift is in the running purely on the basis that she's already bonded spoken the Ideals for a different Order, and I expect it would take some serious shenanigans to actually Switch orders. 

I don't think it's going to happen, but it wouldn't be a matter of switching orders. It would be bonding multiple spren

Yeah. Brandon has said that bonding multiple spren is possible, but I honestly don't think it's gonna turn out that way either. I doubt it's really gonna be something we'll see coming. Every time I think I know how things are gonna turn out, I turn the next page and he just throws a surprise at me. So we'll just have to see. 

Oh, wow, I never considered that Bonding multiple spren could be possible, at most I though there was some sort of secondary bond-extension to account for the lesser spren becoming Plate.  That would certainly open a lot more possibilities than I'd previously thought.  In that case I want to add Venli to my list of possible Bondsmiths, though even if it does happen I dont think it will be one of the "complete set" of Radiants that Dalinar gathered at the end of OB, for meta reasons.

31 minutes ago, ZenBossanova said:

Im not sure I get your meaning? (sorry)

I say Dalinar and Dalinar. The story needs a Voltron power to take down the champion and a triple bondsmith might be up to the task.

I don't think Mr. T would be a good choice because the story would become too similar to what Cultivation did with Dalinar already. However, I do feel like someone who went to the Nightwatcher already seems like the best fit for bonding her.

As for the Sibling, I guess if it can't be Dalinar, I would really love to see Raoden enter the story and bond or be the Sibling.

9 minutes ago, Quantus said:

41 minutes ago, ZenBossanova said:

Im not sure I get your meaning? (sorry)

Taravangian said he was working for Odium, but I could really see Odium getting burned by this, and Mr T accomplishing his purposes. Thus far, everything Mr T has done has helped the good guys, even when he was trying not to. 

8 minutes ago, ZenBossanova said:

Taravangian said he was working for Odium, but I could really see Odium getting burned by this, and Mr T accomplishing his purposes. Thus far, everything Mr T has done has helped the good guys, even when he was trying not to. 

Ah, cool I gotcha.  I certainly think he will try, and I think that his more intelligent self might even have a chance to succeed (not alone, but not zero chance).  But when he was backed against the wall he Chose to save only one very small and specific group at the expense of all the rest, and I think it would take a lot more than usual to get from there to speaking the Oaths of a Bondsmith with sincerity.  Also I have to wonder whether Ideals spoken by him on One day would (or could) be binding on the rest, given how wildly varying his outlook actually is; he'd have to get both of his extremes to agree to something before all the variations in the middle would reliably keep it.  His "intelligent" aspect has a tendency to order the execution of anything that annoys him, so Im not seeing /that/ personality swearing the Ideals of the Bondsmith, and in general I think he's waaay too much an "Ends Justifies the Means" sort of guy for him to even swear the First Ideal

All I’m saying is there is not a better prospect for a cryptic than Taravangion. He has lies a plenty , he knows deep truths that no one else on Roshar knows, and between the death rattles and The Diagram he has puzzles that are like a delicacy for Cryptics. Show me one person who can satisfy a cryptics needs like he can ?? I’ll wait!!! 

3 minutes ago, SzethIsBadAsHell said:

All I’m saying is there is not a better prospect for a cryptic than Taravangion. He has lies a plenty , he knows deep truths that no one else on Roshar knows, and between the death rattles and The Diagram he has puzzles that are like a delicacy for Cryptics. Show me one person who can satisfy a cryptics needs like he can ?? I’ll wait!!! 

Hoid

After comtemplation I also see where Teravangion could be a good Bondsmith , his whole idea was to unify Roshar under his rule and save everyone . Odium kind of put a big dent in it by limiting him to Khabranth . But he has the mindset of a Bondsmith , even though he has some really ruthless ways of going about it