Question

If Atium and Lerasium are named after the holders of the Shards, then why isn't Ettmetal called Sazium, or something like that?

3 answers to this question

Sazed didn't like the name.

youshallnotpass

Will there be a metal called harmonium in the mistborn world?

Brandon Sanderson

RAFO. But good question.

WeiryWriter

Just an fyi but you have confirmed the existence of harmonium before. (And this is probably a RAFO, but is there a reason you didn't follow the convention of the other "god metals" and call it something like sazedium? "Harmonium" just seems out of place.)

Brandon Sanderson

Sazed didn't like the sound of Sazedium.

source

Two Follow-up questions: 

1) Is my understanding correct that Atium and Lerasium are no longer being (naturally) created?  I didnt think we knew whether he could exert himself to recreate some, but I believe there was WoB that Atium and Lerasium where the result of those Hosts and not just the shard itself being held. 

2) If Harmonium is more or less an Alkali metal, are the same sort of intermetallic alloy compounds possible, and would those have varried effects the way the other God-metal alloys did? 

So god metals are wired, their attributes are affected by both the shard's intent and the vessel of the shard. Sazed could probably create a metal that is similar to atium or lerasium, but it would be different.