Devaan's Training ground

Nohadon

"Not friend," he began, "but not enemy." He didn't even know who Devaan was. He remembered proper grammar and syntax now, but he didn't need to use it. If he could use less words and still be understood, why not be efficient? He did however, not know what stormlight was. "Storm...light? ...what is?" He asked.

"Stormlight? It's that white stuff you find in spheres?" there was another cough, "We normally use the for light, but my bond can lets me use it." the Shin woman said in a cold voice. "There is Einladung Hospital-" another cough sounded, but worse than before, "maybe if you...could transport me there..."

Edited by BringerofShadows

He thought for a bit and looked around, he saw the small marble-like objects around which he figured were the spheres the woman meant, none of them were glowing though. "Understood." He said before leaving the room. The spheres, she could harness this 'stormlight' and use it somehow? He was unsure of how to go about finding spheres that were filled with these, before realizing: There is something within him that enables him to detect presence, or life, or such, this might be used to also feel exactly where concentrations of stormlight are given her description of it. He breathed another unnecessary breath and closed his eyes, he still felt the people's presence as before, though there was a difference with the injured woman's presence, possibly because she was already awake.

There was something else though, something fainter and he couldn't tell the exact location, but it was there. It felt like a smell, only instead of the nose it was felt by the skin. Deras followed his metaphorical nose, going one way if the feeling was getting stronger, and the other way if it was getting weaker. Like a game of hot or cold.

He finally found a small room with different shelves and drawers, likely just for storage. He went over to where the feeling guided him, to one of the drawers and opened it. There he found four spheres with different colored gemstones in the middle, they were glowing, but faintly. He could see a slight amount of light trailing very small wisps into the air, and he confirmed that these were what he was feeling. He retrieved the four spheres and made his way back to the room where the woman was.

"Found." he said as he stretched his hands to the woman, the four spheres in hand. "Hope these are right ones."

The Lifeless nodded at the woman. "How arrive there?" He looked at her, realizing she might still not be fit for walking, he asked: "Need carry?" gesturing his arms in a carrying motion. "Know where is hospital?" He didn't know how much the stormlight had helped her, but he knew that it wasn't enough, hopefully she wasn't in too bad of a condition.

gonna RP both our characters for a bit to speed up the process

There was a war? Who was fighting? And why? These were questions his curiousity brought up, but they weren't important right now. He nodded. "Understood. You point way." Deras lowered his arms and waited for the woman to get up. When she did she stumbled but caught herself on the wall. That wouldn't do. "Need carry. Will be faster." The Lifeless approached which made the woman flinch. He hesitated. "No hurt, just carry." with that, the woman nodded and Deras picked her up. She was surprisingly light, though that might have been because of his immense strength that he still did not know how he had.

As he picked up the woman and turned to leave, he felt the invisible presence flit by. It seemed to be the woman's companion whatever it was.

As they arrived by the bunker's hatch, he stopped for a while. How was he to get both of them up if he was carrying the woman? He could try jumping the elevation, he had immense lifting and gripping strength, so it stands to reason that he also had higher leaps from the strength. He crouched slightly and after making sure that woman would be hit by the ceiling —or floor— by the opening, he jumped. Both of them sailed through the air and cleared the hatch easily. Deras felt the ceiling hit him in the back of his head, but it didn't hurt and the woman wasn't hit either. That was the structure's ceiling! The jump was definitely high.

They got outside the structure and he started jogging, then running. As he suspected even just running he was inhumanly fast as well. "Need directions." He said as he ran. The woman pointed a direction and Deras charged there, fast, but still careful not to accidentally trip or hit the woman on random debris around.

Gonna continue this one over at Einladung Hospital

16 Years Later

Devaan sat on the edge of the training grounds, the place he was when he got his first students. Ethil and Silphio were now both 33. Mejin was 32 and Max and Mara were 24 and Devon was now 444 Years old. Silph was flying around the mountain, he had taken a job as a bounty hunter, and has been taking down bounties for the last four years all throughout the cosmere. he had gained considerable power since he was a bright-eyed 16 year old. He could harden his skin split-seconds before attacks. Master his Aimian body magic, his Aviar, Laarkin and Whitespine all were fully grown and very well trained. He had finished training each pupil. He still had things to teach them of course, but they could all be considered cable men and women. 

Devaan let out a contented sigh, and watched the sun rise over the seran peaks, waiting for who else would come to the grounds.

Max spotted the newcomer second, enetering through the shining bronze gates of the training ground, a new addition. The newcomer was wide-eyed, and didn’t look dangerous, so Max took it upon himself to greet him.

“Hey!” He called from a shaded area, stopping his fighting routine with a training dummy and waving. “How’s it going?”

Bit, is Jonas’ spike immediately visible?

Edited by I think I am here.

Deras realized something: The way he fought, if he was human he would've died some times over, he slowed his run and stopped. He didn't just need to experience more combat, he needed formal training. The place where he met those two strangers and Ida, that place looked like somewhere where people trained, he knew that now. He'll need more training if he wanted to survive and help people that would be in danger.

His memory was still vivid and he found his way back to the training grounds, this time though, his clothes were in ruins. He already saw a couple of people in the training grounds. He walked to the grounds slowly, raising both hands and spoke loud enough so the people could hear. "Hello! Not harm, Only need training."

Best to preemptively avoid conflict.

"ok. I need everyone who wants to train today to come with me! Any newcomers I need you to tell me your name, skills and investiture so I know how I can best train you. Ok?" Devaan called out to the pupils in the training ground. Silphio stopped sparring with Ethil and immediately left, hoping to get off lessons.

"I've got news on a bounty I need to follow up! The guy's called the Skyshooter! supposedly he's been seen in the roughs in the sky as streaks of light" He told Devaan out as he took off into the air.

"Take him down" Devaan said back

Oh, boy. :)

Max walked out of the shade and to the newcomers - another one had arrived as well - wanting to greet them up close. If Master Sheonar had taught him one thing, it was manners. That, and how to kill people most effectively. Max held them at equal value.

“So, you want to learn how to-” Max stopped mid-sentence as he looked towards both of the new people, able to see them up close now.

And froze.

Spikes. They were his bane, his weakness. Just one would work, but now he could see more, one on the first newcomer, upwards of about five out of the second one, popping underneath his tattered cloak.

Calm, he told himself, unflinching. Be calm. He hadn’t cried about spikes in a while, but now the memories were flooding back harder than ever.

Abominations, flooding the streets, with their twisted faces and sunken eyes

Men and women dying, slaughtered and cut up in pieces.

Screams, spikes, death. This was the worst flash yet. It got worse the more spikes he could see.

“Help,” he muttered, unmoving.

At that moment, Mara shot through the bronze gates, back from getting a few more pots from the market.

“Max?” She said, dropping the pots.

Edited by I think I am here.

Deras lowered his arms and nodded at the man who had stepped out to greet them and walked past him (not at all noticing his fear), and went to the man who was calling out. He seemed to be the teacher.

"Deras." He gestured to himself, his now signature introduction. "Hard to kill, likely cannot die. Have large strength, but need combat training." He said to the man. He didn't know what investiture was, but he suspected he'll find out on his own.

Edited by Cyanic