Devaan's Training ground

Nohadon

"See that shin woman? She came in trying to kill our friend over there, lets put your skills to the test. Lock you, her and Rohan in a time bubble, then start fighting. I'll watch and critique your moves. If you are in serious trouble, drop the bubble and I'll step in, here are your canes"

Devaan slapped Ethil on the back

"stay alive kid"

And with that, he took off, "Mejin! Oh good, you found the knife. come with me! I need you to watch my back!" Devaan raced back down to where the fight was happening, and noticed that Mejin was shaking with fear

"It's fine, Ethil can handle himself, you shouldn't have to bloody your hands today. But now you see why I wanted to teach you self defence? contrary to popular belief, we don't go out looking for people to stab. The trouble, the danger and the threat comes to us first. We need to be ready to get rid of the danger, however"

Devaan stepped forward and drew sethramir, ready to seize the moment Ethil dropped the bubble

Mejin came over to Devaan, shaking her head in disbelief. She bit back a remark about knives on the floor. Technically, she figured, she could get out of the building alive, but she didn’t feel right just leaving now. So she listened to Devaan.

Why so big letters? But I'm pretty sure that's correct. I'm just going to assume that I am still being charged at though.

This was it! A chance for Ethil to prove himself to himself. A chance to see IF He'd really learned anything. Unsure of why these two were fighting in the first place and unsure what to do, Ethil ended up here. He got into stance, just like devaan had taught him and began sparring, knife against duelling canes.

It turned out he was outmatched, and he could tell that he wouldn't last much longer, but he had held off the man for longer than he expected though. 

Between breaths and strokes, Ethil managed to get out the words "What's going on? I- I am new here-- I'm just ...just trying to figure... out what's going on in this town!"

Hey guys, it seems some of you are inexperienced RPers when it comes to combat, so here's what I recommend you do:

1) Go read my duel with @I think I am here. If you want to see an example of a structured duel with a mediator

2) Go read my duel with @ShardBreaker If you want to see an example of a slightly less structured duel without a mediator

3) Read Archer's post on The Alleyverse Defined

4) Read my post on Rules of Warfare

Thread links:

“Where is it?” Ida said in her toneless voice, stepping over to Rohan. She summoned her Stephenblade, a long, thin, black blade, with no crossbar and a grey hilt. It was the size of a normal sword, with the blade being 2 inches wide, and less than a millimeter thick. 

Edited by BringerofShadows
Grammar.

So if we're starting the fight over, I will backtrack on my last post as well.

Ethil Followed Devaan's instructions. He ran over, and got close enough to put up a cadmium bubble. While these two fought, hopefully Cadmium could remain unnoticed just outside of their attention. If not, he was prepared with his dueling canes to defend himself. Technically, Devaan had told him to fight, but that was hard to just jump into, in attack mode. Every other time he fought, he acted in self defense, not as the iniator.

After a few moments with all three inside the Cadmium bubble, Ethil finally got up the courage to approach and join the fight. He began walking up as confidentally as he could.

Ida-daughter-daughter-Rena notices Ethil approaching, and raises her shardblade towards him. “I will not hesitate to kill you. Leave us or suffer the consequences.”  She then sucks in Stormlight and sticks Rohan to the floor by his shirt and trousers. 

I won’t actually kill you, it’s just for dramatic effect.

Added quote

"My dueling canes are no match for a shard blade. These are merely made if wood. I would never attempt to fight you" Ethil began, as he slowly walked closer. 

I am new in this part of town, and just trying to grasp what's going on. 

As he took another step, he swung his dueling cane unexpectedly at Ida's knees, causing her to buckle over. This gave Rohan and Ethil a slight time advantage, but probably only hurt Ida's ego, and only temporarily.

While Ethil knew he was no match for Ida alone, hopefully him and Rohan could match her.  Plus, what no one knew but Ethil is that his dueling cane, though it has a wooden exterior has an aluminum core, so as to be able to block a shard blade. 

Caer stood up, looking torwards the three people fighting on the roof. Two men fighting one woman. The woman seemed to be winning.

Looking at one of the men Caer got another memory flash. This time, it was about being impaled via Shardblade. So this was the man who had killed him.

He watched the three fight silently, curious.

Devaan watched Ethil's technique intently. The boy had potential with those canes, but he could be so much more with other weapons in hand. Devaan then turned his attention to Rohan and the Shin woman. A Shin woman that entered his house and came to murder someone without hesitation or questions? It was beginning to sound suspiciously like a truthless of shinovar. Someone bound by an oathstone, Devaan had dealt with truthless before, Roshar being the first planet he world-hopped to, he stayed there for around 80 years or so before going to Nalthis.

Devaan felt something in his pocket

No

No way is this the oathstone

Rohan you genius.

Devaan walked into the speedbubble. Reading the note that Devaan received from Rohan, the note that came with the shardblade currently keeping Rashan alive.

"Ida-daughter-daughter-Rena! Truthless of shinovar! I am in possession of your oathstone! stop fighting immediately!" Devaan called out

Last post of the night probably

"Wow. That worked? Storms"

Devaan looked at Ethil

"Ethil, please drop the bubble"

Once the bubble was down

"Ida. I want to know why you came here, what you have against Rohan, and how you became truthless"

“Rohan stole my oathstone, and I need to give it to Solace. I became truth less because I murdered all the heirs to the Shin goverment, and all the major farming families.” Ida said in a cold voice. Nothing. Not even guilt in her tone. 

Devaan laughed

"every member? good on you!"

"Now, I wish one favour of you before you can bring the stone to solace"

Devaan pointed to Ethil

"See that kid over there? give him some pointers and spar with him"