Devaan's Training ground

Nohadon

Ciera dashed into the training ground, looking worried. She looked around, searching for the one who had just arrived here, or so she had been told. Her eyes locked on Galvris and she slowly walked over to him. 

"Are you who I think you are?" she asked quietly.

@Vargo Seldon

Edited by Dr. Dapper

1 hour ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Ciera dashed into the training ground, looking worried. She looked around, searching for the one who had just arrived here, or so she had been told. Her eyes locked on Galvris and she slowly walked over to him. 

"Are you who I think you are?" she asked quietly.

@Vargo Seldon

Galvris looked up.  He dimly saw a woman rush over to him and ask him a question.  He forced himself to his knees, and and answered. "You're wasting your time.  I was burned out.  You cannot heal me.  Nothing can heal me."  He sank back to the ground.

Alson looked up at the conversation going on. He stood up.

"Prepare a funeral service for Seb please" He told Silphio coldly. Dusting himself off and turning to Astiel.

"I need all the information you have on this gang"

"Why the hell would you want that?" Astiel replied

"Seb was my brother" His voice was soft, quiet but determined.

"I'm going to murder all of them"

Astiel nodded.

"Revenge won't get you anything kiddo, but it sure as hell feels good. I'll help you. Here's all their info from when I ran them." Astiel produced a small note from his pocket, scribbling locations, names and rough sketches down.

Bel stood up, he face a mask of stone, she walked to Alson's side

"I'll join you." She told him as they walked off down the mountain.

Silphio was shocked. They just... left. 

He went inside the house, he'd have to break the news to the trainees. He'd then set up a funeral pyre off the Scadrian sea and they'd watch it burn in memory of Seb.

Astiel walked over to the two people talking.

"Hey, what the hell are you two doing here?" He asked them

@Dr. Dapper

@Vargo Seldon

Max looked ahead blankly. A kid, dead. If only he’d fought more instead of Rioting, maybe he’d be able to kill the man before he got up.

But he knew, that that was over. And now there was another kid like him, a kid without a sibling. Only, Max hadn’t taken revenge for Mara’s death, had he? No, he’d just walked off.

He stopped the Riot on everyone around him, returning them to their normal emotions. “I’m sorry,” he said to Silph.

54 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Max looked ahead blankly. A kid, dead. If only he’d fought more instead of Rioting, maybe he’d be able to kill the man before he got up.

But he knew, that that was over. And now there was another kid like him, a kid without a sibling. Only, Max hadn’t taken revenge for Mara’s death, had he? No, he’d just walked off.

He stopped the Riot on everyone around him, returning them to their normal emotions. “I’m sorry,” he said to Silph.

"Nothing you could do about it" He told Max softly, he had finished telling the trainees what had happened and they had gone to their bunks. Seb had been a great kid, he wasn't that much of a fighter but he was amazing at defending people and healing them. Everyone here liked him.

"I thought he was dead. The guy with the dynamite, I mean. He must of had some healing on him or something" Silphio muttered.

"Alson and Bel are going to try to bring the panthers down, I've already got some intelligence agents trailing them in case they get into trouble, but they want them all dead. If you get contacted by someone who says the words 'Seancing brings only grief' and a location, It means that those two are in trouble. I won't stop them, I don't think I want to, but please don't let them die."

22 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Ciera smirked "Well, that's no way to convince me to Heal your severing. Before you complain that you got burned out, I know you were severed. I can feel it."

Galvris opened his eyes.  "What?  I was severed?"  He sat up, hope flickering briefly in his eyes.  He leaned forwards, hands clasped. "You can heal me!" He exclaimed, "You can heal me!

"I don't know... I'd need some way to keep you in check." Ciera plopped down next to him, smiling earnestly "You're he only channeler I've met so far in the Alleycity, besides my trainer. So yes, I'll Heal you. But I can't let you wander off and cause havoc..." she trailed off, thinking. 

"I've only met a few severed people, you know. It seemed horrible, being cut off from the Power." she shook her head "I don't want anyone to live like that. Before I Heal you, I need some promises. Firstly, you can't use the One Power to kill, or attack another human being. No Air binding, no fire swords. You can shield yourself and others, and use gateways to escape, but that's it. Secondly, your not leaving my side for a while. I'm trying to decide if I should bond you as a Warder or not. Anyway, do you agree?"

@Vargo Seldon

Edited by Dr. Dapper

On 20/03/2019 at 4:09 PM, Nohadon said:

"Nothing you could do about it" He told Max softly, he had finished telling the trainees what had happened and they had gone to their bunks. Seb had been a great kid, he wasn't that much of a fighter but he was amazing at defending people and healing them. Everyone here liked him.

"I thought he was dead. The guy with the dynamite, I mean. He must of had some healing on him or something" Silphio muttered.

"Alson and Bel are going to try to bring the panthers down, I've already got some intelligence agents trailing them in case they get into trouble, but they want them all dead. If you get contacted by someone who says the words 'Seancing brings only grief' and a location, It means that those two are in trouble. I won't stop them, I don't think I want to, but please don't let them die."

“I’ll try my best,” Max said, then sighed. Two kids out for revenge. If they weren’t careful, they could waste so many years hunting them down, and all for a death. If he ever heard the phrase Silph described, he knew he’d be out to help them.

“You should find the Black Book,” Max said, looking upwards. “The day’s getting dark, in more ways than one. I should be getting home.”

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

“You should find the Black Book,” Max said, looking upwards. “The day’s getting dark, in more ways than one. I should be getting home.”

"I'll get it now. Thanks for letting me know, I'm sorry it ended this way"

Silphio looked around, Astiel had already left, it seems. He let the trainees know he'd be out for a while and they were to take some time off from training if they wanted to.

He took off into the air, towards the canton.

20 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

"I don't know... I'd need some way to keep you in check." Ciera plopped down next to him, smiling earnestly "You're he only channeler I've met so far in the Alleycity, besides my trainer. So yes, I'll Heal you. But I can't let you wander off and cause havoc..." she trailed off, thinking. 

"I've only met a few severed people, you know. It seemed horrible, being cut off from the Power." she shook her head "I don't want anyone to live like that. Before I Heal you, I need some promises. Firstly, you can't use the One Power to kill, or attack another human being. No Air binding, no fire swords. You can shield yourself and others, and use gateways to escape, but that's it. Secondly, your not leaving my side for a while. I'm trying to decide if I should bond you as a Warder or not. Anyway, do you agree?"

@Vargo Seldon

Galvris listened with growing trepidation on his face.  At the mention of "warder" he scrambled back as if repulsed.  "I... That seems reasonable, considering the past I've had.  I-I just have some biases from my time as an Asha'man.  The thought of being a warder just seems... filthy."  The seemed to weigh his options for a moment, "But, I would do anything to have access to saiden again.  Anything."  He 

I do like the idea of Ciera bonding him as a warder.  I think it could make some great plot lines beyond the original intent.  Plus, he's already a blademaster, so that works out nicely.

On 3/22/2019 at 8:09 PM, Dr. Dapper said:

"Ok. I'll Heal you first, then bond you, ok?"

Ciera began preparing the weae that Healed severing.

Galvris swallowed, but nodded.  He had no choice in the matter.  He needed saiden back.

@Dr. Dapper

Edited by Vargo Seldon

On 21/03/2019 at 10:33 PM, Nohadon said:

"I'll get it now. Thanks for letting me know, I'm sorry it ended this way"

Silphio looked around, Astiel had already left, it seems. He let the trainees know he'd be out for a while and they were to take some time off from training if they wanted to.

He took off into the air, towards the canton.

Max watched Silph leave, and kicked some pebbles at his feet. Looking back, he started on his route back home.

On 03/23/2019 at 11:05 PM, Vargo Seldon said:

Galvris swallowed, but nodded.  He had no choice in the matter.  He needed saiden back.

@Dr. Dapper

The fact that you italicized the word before saidin made me chuckle.

Ciera nodded and closed her eyes, drawing deeply on the Source. She laid the completed weave on Galvris and immediately began the weave to bond him as a Warder. She laid this on him as well, a full half minute after he had been Healed. 

She breathed out and opened her eyes,

"It's done."

3 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Ciera nodded and closed her eyes, drawing deeply on the Source. She laid the completed weave on Galvris and immediately began the weave to bond him as a Warder. She laid this on him as well, a full half minute after he had been Healed. 

She breathed out and opened her eyes,

"It's done."

Yes, I never really italicizes the terms, despite the fact that he did. 

Galvris breathed in deeply as soon as the healing weave was done.  He seized the one power, basked in it, let it scourch his insides.  They always said that for woman, finding the true source was a warm embrace, a greeting among friends.  For men, it was a fight to the death.  It was the thrill of nearly losing yourself in the power, of being an inch from death.  The fight was pure life.  "Oh how I've missed you," He whispered, a tear in his eye.  Suddenly, the weave of bonding a warder struck him like a blow. He fell on his side as saidin abruptly left him, as suddenly as it had come.  He tentatively felt at it, but realized that it was still as strong as ever, just restrained.  Channeled.  He staggered to his feet as the woman said "It's done."  He held out his hand.  "I'm Lord Morevron, although, with my current status, it's probably just better to refer to me as Galvris."  He chuckled wryly, in good spirits now that he had the power back.

I really like the current thing.  So Galvris goes wherever Ciera is unless ordered not to, and basically protects her?  What guild is Ciera a part of?

@Dr. Dapper

Edited by Vargo Seldon

She's the Ghostblood rep and a council member.

(And also apparently an unofficial member of the Green Ajah)

Ciera jumped to her feet, still embracing saidar

"I've heard of you. Like I said, you're the only other channeler I know of in the Alleycity." she paused thoughtfully "Hunting down other channelers... that could be something well suited to out tallents. Or should I say Tallents." she winked, and a silver line carved itself into the air behind her, rotating into a gateway. The gateway led into a homey looking penthouse with a spectacular veiw of the Alleycity. 

"I think I've got another adjacent apartment you can use, if you want."

10 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Ciera jumped to her feet, still embracing saidar

"I've heard of you. Like I said, you're the only other channeler I know of in the Alleycity." she paused thoughtfully "Hunting down other channelers... that could be something well suited to out tallents. Or should I say Tallents." she winked, and a silver line carved itself into the air behind her, rotating into a gateway. The gateway led into a homey looking penthouse with a spectacular veiw of the Alleycity. 

"I think I've got another adjacent apartment you can use, if you want."

That works, because Galvris is also a Ghostblood.  And, apparently, an Asha'man.

Galvris nodded.  "Yes, channelers are extremely rare here.  I heard that there was one in the Den of Thieves when––" he cut off and grimaced.  He followed Ciera through the Gateway.

So where are we going?

@Dr. Dapper