Devaan's Training ground

Nohadon

Mejin had figured that sticking around wouldn’t be a bad idea, but she was steadily changing her mind. While the other folks weren’t bad, they weren’t great either.

”Are you ever going to tell us what made you forget us?” She asked Devaan. Mejin did not take well to being brushed off.

Devaan snapped.

Devaan stepped up to Mejin

"For your information. Girl." Devaan whispered to her in a low voice "My friend's were dying. I was fighting an Assassin that killed a good friend, and a good man. His name was Rasan Caer and you are half the person he was. That same assassin was contracted to murder another of my friends, Solace, by someone who we have no idea who, where or why he would want him dead, this assassin, by the way, would not have hesitated to murder you before you could tap a single band of speed. Additionally, I received a near-death experience that gave me information that I have a long-lost brother, so I'm looking into that, recharging my cards by paying ridiculous sums because bodies are dropping left and right."

Devaan stepped away

"So, while you were safely tucked away in my bunker, with me keeping you safe. I was trying not to die. Are you done with this spoiled Indignant persona you are currently using to irritate the rest of us with? or are you going to leave, run away because you can't deal with the fact you are now in the real world. With real people who won't hesitate to kill you"

Devaan walked back to Riathor and Akrasia, opened up some horn eater white, and proceeded to down the entire mug.

"Devaan" Riathor said to him quietly

"You went a little hard on her"

Akrasia stood up

"You probably want to go to your room. you know where it is, right?" Akrasia asked Mejin

"She knows, it's the second floor, first left" Devaan chipped in

She looked at Devaan long and hard for a minute, thinking of what to say. Nothing too apologetic, but not anything too strong.

Mejin turned away and smoothed down her hair.  Tears were trying to break through, but she held them back - she wouldn’t let them show. “All my life I’ve been sheltered,” she said, “wanting to see the world and know it all. Always refused because ‘you’re too young to understand’ or ‘you don’t really want to.’ But I’ve never been too young to know truth. I’ve never not wanted to remove those stupid rose-tinted glasses and see everything for what it is! And even you assume just by looking and listening that you know who I am. You don’t. I know I’m not perfect - no one is. I know I may be indignant, but never have I been spoiled. Sheltered isn’t spoiled. Stupid isn’t spoiled. Bratty girl who takes one look and says she wants it is spoiled. That’s not me, and never will. So say what you want to say, believe what you want to believe, because whatever you’ve thought till now is most likely dead wrong.” With that she hurried up the stairs, promising herself to be better as long as it wasn’t at Tino’s expense.

Edited by Silva

Caer stepped out of his room, second floor, second left. He didn’t know where he was. Someone had left him in a room by himself, he knew that much. Or had he let himself in?

There had been medicines and vials in his room, and he had woken up on a stretcher. Caer knew he had come back from the dead, but anything before that was a mystery.

A woman came running up the stairs, tears in her eyes. For a second Caer got a flash. He’d seen her before. In a bar?

The woman looked up, seeing Caer, who kept an entirely neutral expression. She could only see him in the physical form, he thought. Whereas in Caer’s eyes, he saw all forms, like three different lenses.

It was surreal. He could see the woman as she’s was physically, but he could also see her cognitive aspect, like a flickering flame displaying her emotions. She felt distressed.

Probably the weirdest of all, he could see her Spirtual aspect as well, a perfected version of her. Caer turned away as the woman locked herself in her room, the one next to Caer’s, as he made his way downwards to the ground floor of whatever building he was in.

Edited by I think I am here.
Rashan Caer is his full name. But since he’s an amnesiac he calls himself by his last name.

Devaan heard footsteps coming downstairs. Had Ethil woken up? He tended to wake up in the middle of the night, sometimes he was prone to sleepwalking, Which could get pretty funny when he got to the stairs

Devaan turned around and looked at the stairs.

No.

It actually worked?

"Rashan?"

His friend just stared at him

"You're alive?"

Still no response

"Do... you remember me?" Devaan asked concerned 

Edited by Nohadon

Caer made it to the bottom of the steps, meeting a man setting up some weapons on a rack. This looked like a house, and the obstacles  in front of Caer made the front porch look like some sort of training ground.

Bringing his attention back to the man, Caer wondered if he should have known him. He focused on the man’s cognitive aspect, a flickering flame of surprise and concern.

A flash of memory stuck Caer, it was of the man shooting him with a red symbol in an arena, the crowd cheering.

“You tried to kill me.” He said quietly, forming a machete out of Veo instantly. He didn’t think he was the right Oath for that, but the Spirtual Realm has overrided the common rules.

He waited for an attack by his opponent, but they just looked shocked. Caer flipped his attention to the cognitive form again. Yes, they were truly shocked. Though this man had tried to kill him, there was something more.

Dismissing his Shardmachete, Caer sat down on a stool, facing the man.

“You tried to kill me. But why?”

"storms. You really don't remember." Devaan said

"Here. I'll charge this metal mind with my memories of you. This will help."

Devaan handed Rashan a nicrocil card, charged with memories of the duel. Of the bar. And of his friend.

Edited by Nohadon

Oh yeah, forgot about that

"We dueled, I won, we became friends. Your name is Rashan Caer. We fought side by side against Typhoon. He killed you. But had a change of heart and gave me the shard blade that saved your life. After the duel we had drinks together, your mentor died, and you became a radiant, bonding a spren."

Devaan smiled "You're my friend, rashan, trust me. We'll get your memories back"

Ethil awoke groggily. He had meant to take a short nap. It ended up being longer. Then to add on to that, Ethil sometimes accidentally started burning cadmium in his sleep. What ended up being a few hours for Ethil had been a couple of days for everyone else. Hopefully Devaan wasn't too angry with him. He really had to learn to control his sleep.

Walking out of his room, he saw that it was night. So he decided to burn a little more cadmium until daytime came around so that he could continue to train. He was already getting a lot better at using the stalling tactic Devaan had taught him.

Caer nodded, expressionless. It made sense, and the stranger’s cognitive shadow represented sincereness. Caer has been this man’s friend.

This Typhoon didn’t sound like the nicest of men, though, but the stranger had told him he had had a change of heart, so Caer didn’t think much of it.

Suddenly, Caer detected movement. Looking upwards and I the side, he saw a man standing up in his room. Though Caer’s physical sight was obstructed by the wall, he could still see the man’s cognitive flame, flickering through the wall, standing up.

Returning to the conversation, Caer looked around. “This looks like training ground.” He said, his first words since ressurection. “Do you train men with weapons here?”

"Yeah, I train them, when they want to be trained. This is also my home. Which means you can stay as long as you like"

Devaan heard footsteps upstairs, his trainers were stirring

"Hey, if you want you can sit in on the training session. Maybe join in too, your instincts will kick in if you get into a fight, and that might trigger your memories"

Devaan heard a knock at the door and opened it

Standing at the doorstep was a short Shin woman with her long black hair tied up in a single hair spike. She wore tight grey robes, and her slightly larger eyes were white with a grey ring around them.

Her voice was emotionless along with her expression. “Where is the one you call Typhoon?”

Um....

Uh oh?

I think?

Rohan used his sword as a pole vault and shot upward. The force of the jump threw him up  to the top of the building. He scaled down the side of the building and slipped through a window. He heard, on the first floor, a woman, saying "Where is the man you call Typhoon?"

Rohan. He thought. My name is Rohan. Rohan downed a vial of chromium and slipped down the stairs. "Arrow. Be on guard." He said to his Aviar. And with that, Rohan burst into the room.

Who did that storming man think he was?! Mejin thought, body still on the floor beneath her bed. She had gone there to clear her mind. Dark spaces calmed her and helped her think, unfortunately, the  dusty floor was the only such space available.

Mejin rolled out from below and listened to the retreating footsteps. She peared out of her doorway cautiously. Ethil was standing still in the hallway. Burning cadmium, Mejin guessed.

She stepped out quietly and sat down on the top stair.

Edited by Silva

Devaan tried to move, but his shirt was stuck to the wall. He searched through his pockets, hands shaking.

Shaking? He never shook.

He rifled through until he found his deck of cards. Searching through, finding the one he wanted, fumbling as he took out a card, 2 of books, aluminium allomancy. He tapped the card and burned aluminium inside of him, he gasped as he dropped to the ground. Why was he worrying. What did he have to shake about? He saw the shin woman holding a shard blade, making her way up the stairs.

"Mate, you're trespassing, I'm going to have to ask you to leave" He said, catching up to Ida

"You are welcome to try stay, but It probably won't end well for you" Devaan told her, voice getting low

"Everyone in this house is under my protection, but Akrasia and Riathor are also here. So If you want me to go get those two, you'll stay in my home, but If you want to stay alive, you'll leave the house without hurting anyone"

Devaan drew a card

"Now are you gonna leave like a sensible woman?"

"Ok. hard way it is" Devaan said as he watched the two fight

"Rohan. you need me in this, let me know"

Devaan stared at the two fighters intently, analysing the shin woman's style. Flamestance? adapted to knife-fighting? interesting.

Mejin pressed her back as far against the wall as she could. A Shin woman had run up the stairs and begun to fight with the strange man. With knives. Real. Sharp. Deadly. Dangerous. Knives. 

She inched slowly towards her room. There wasn’t anything she could do armed that would be better than her not being armed, but holding a weapon would make someone think twice.

There. 

She took the knife under the dresser into her left hand. Mejin had seen it earlier when under the bed and thought it a cruel joke. Hide a weapon in a pacifists room. Now she was grateful. She stayed where she was, but held the knife in front of her like she’d seen Ethil do. Mejin downed a vial of bendalloy, knowing it wouldn’t do much good to reveal her only ace, but giving her the illusion of safety.

Now she just had to hope for the best. The world was showing its bloody side to her face finally.

Suddenly, Ethil realized stuff was happening around him. People were flying past in the blink of an eye, everyone avoiding his bubble. Time to stop burning I guess. 

He dropped his bubble and saw the corridors of the training ground in a frenzy. Maybe he could help! He hadn't learned much in the way of fighting others with investiture, but if he was lucky, he might be able to go up against another man without bringing investiture into the fight. But first to find out what was going on. Hurriedly, he ran towards the main hall, and doors, The path he took let him right to Devaan. 

"Master Devaan!" Ethil Shouted amongst the chaos! "What's going on? How can I help?"