Devaan's Training ground

Nohadon

After Devaan's death, the training grounds changed.

The shooting range had been upgraded, targets  the house expanded to have it's own barracks were pupils slept and lived, complete with bunks, a common room and a small private sparring ground to settle private disputes. An armourer had opened up shop, selling it's wares to visitors and pupils alike, Silphio had set up a private currency that could be used to buy things from the old man at the store. 

The weapon rack had even more assortments of weapons, armour and firearms, there was a heavy artillery area as well, the sparring grounds had improved, mock terrain dotted some of the areas. The security was upgraded too, hidden posts throughout the mountain in case anyone was making the climb, aons to strengthen the pupils lest they get attacked and a large amount of other things that made the people inside the training grounds feel just a little safer.

Silphio looked over them, a large assortment of trainees were busy training, occasionally someone approached him, hoping for an advancement duel. 

Behind the training ground was a large wooden cottage, his home, standing atop the Seran mountain range on scadrial, the Ideal place to train those looking to improve their combat skills.

Let era three in Devaan's training grounds... BEGIN!

Edited by Nohadon
Era 2 Changes

Ethil saw the man waiting for students. Ethil desperately needed better training. The entire reason Ethil was here in alleyvillage was because he would have been unable to defend himself in the last area he lived. His mentor had been an informant, not a spy. But Ethil took it too far in his previous home, and began venturing into what spies tend to do. 

Cautiously he approached the man named Devaan. "I would be willing to be your student. Currently I am not trained in any fighting technique, except what is taught in the back alleys. Throws and punches, you know."

Edited by Cadmium Compounder

"So, what is it that you wish to learn?" Devaan asked, hopping up "Do you wish to command armies? Or quietly stab people in the back, undetected. Or do you wish to be able to stand against many enemies with a smile on your face, knowing you can win? Do you wish to fight with a partner? on your own in duels?"

Devaan walked over to him "I need the answer to that, and what magic you can use"

"With regards to those I have seen in this village, I am relatively low on investiture. I compound cadmium. Which means I can hold my breath for exceptionally large amounts of time. My endurance is also pretty good, because I always have enough oxygen, so long as I have been storing it prior to now. 

"I would like to know enough for self defense against a few people. I have no reason to overpower enemies, except in the situation where that is the only way to ensure my own survival. Perhaps down the road, I could learn a little bit about fighting with a partner"  Ethil paused, then added "Oh, and I've got little reason to need to stab someone in the back, so that should be unnessary. If it helps with my training, I do have a small glass dagger, and an aluminum dagger. I also think I'm proficient at throwing them. As long as i'm in close range."

Mejin had followed Ethil, not sure of what else to do. Home was out and she needed something to entertain herself.

It seemed to be a combat training field. Not really something she wanted; Mejin did her very best to avoid conflicts. But it couldn’t hurt to watch, so she settled to crouching behind a rather randomly placed large rock.

10 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

"With regards to those I have seen in this village, I am relatively low on investiture. I compound cadmium. Which means I can hold my breath for exceptionally large amounts of time. My endurance is also pretty good, because I always have enough oxygen, so long as I have been storing it prior to now. 

"I would like to know enough for self defense against a few people. I have no reason to overpower enemies, except in the situation where that is the only way to ensure my own survival. Perhaps down the road, I could learn a little bit about fighting with a partner"  Ethil paused, then added "Oh, and I've got little reason to need to stab someone in the back, so that should be unnessary. If it helps with my training, I do have a small glass dagger, and an aluminum dagger. I also think I'm proficient at throwing them. As long as i'm in close range."

"Well ok, come and see what weapon you would like to wield" Devaan lead the man to a rack of weapons sitting outside his house, an array of Swords, staves, whips, chains, knives, hatchets, spears, javelins, lances, etc, etc.

"Pick what seems right to you" Devaan said

"Dueling canes it is!" Devaan gave a pair to his new pupil, and took a pair for himself

"Lets see what you can do" He pointed his weapon at Ethil, and ran at him and made an open lunge for his opponent's stomach, dropping his guard entirely

step one, see if they can capitalise on counter-attacks

Mejin watched the man approach. It was yet another person she failed to recognize. She wondered if maybe for once the person was just new and she had the right to be clueless. Either way, she kept her eyes alternating between the three.

Ethil began to panic as he watched Devaan charge at him. His swift hands wielded a set of well-used dueling canes. Unsure of what to do, Ethil froze, for a split second. Then at the last second, instinct kicked in. He sidestepped in order to dodge the first attack, and get better footing. Then right before the second cane made contact with his shoulder, he raised his own cane, and blocked the attack. 

Feeling satisfied with himself, he was about to say something about how well he must have done, when he felt a sharp whack in his other shoulder.

Devaan looked towards Ralerin

"Hey there! you come over here and take a look at what Ethil did wrong!"

"Uh..."

"Exactly! He let his guard down! Rule number one here is to never let your guard down!"

"Now Ethil, good instincts on your part, but you have to be aware of opportunities to counterattack, I went for a straight, low lunge, a stupid move. If you sidestepped left, away from the other cane in my right hand, you could have landed a hit on me. Try lunge at me as I did, right hand extended, straight. All the power and speed, and I'll show you what you can do."

Ethil performed the move that Devaan showed him

Devaan sidestepped quickly, and struck him in the back of the neck with a dueling cane, immediately darting in and out of a relaxed guard.

"Did you two get that?"

"Yes" they both said in unison

"Good, Ethil, I want you with me as I teach you how to use dueling canes properly, you are fighting too passively to exploit your strengths."

"Understood"

"And you, what's your name?"

"Ralerin, sir, I'd heard of this place and need training in one on one combat. I'm a second Ideal sky breaker"

"Ok Ralerin, you go over there and look at the weapons and chat up your lady friend who's been watching us on the edges of the training ground while I slap Ethil over here around a bit, you got it?"

"Ok!"

Oh, Harmony. She didn’t know how the trainer had seen her, but at least she needed to make one thing clear.

”I’m not his ‘lady-friend,’” Mejin said standing up. “I’ve never seen that man Ralerin, as you call him, before. And the term ‘chat up’ sounds like I’m five.”

She was still holding her broom from the bar.

"My apologies" Devaan smirked "I never meant to imply that you were five! You are obviously a very, mature, smart and intelligent seven year old! Now go have a conversation with this Ralerin if you would. I'm sure he has very interesting things to say. Do you have interesting things to say Ralerin?"

"Yes?"

"Right answer, chop chop!" Devaan ushered Ralerin towards Mejin.

"Now, Ethil, using your cadmium allomancy can be very powerful in conjunction with other teamates, I'm a founder of a martial arts that are made for various mistings and ferrings. In it, the discipline for allomatic cadmium is what's known as a stall discipline, locking enemies into a one on one fight with you in favourable conditions while the rest of your team get into position to take the opponents out. It can be very potent. As per the training course, I want you sometime today to lock Ralerin into a cadmium bubble, get your dueling canes out and have a go. Be unpredictable, drop your bubbles and change the time dilation often. confuse the enemy, and do your best to capitalise on opportunities when your opponent has commited to attacks, are off balance or have dropped their guard. Fighting with dueling canes relies entirely on dropping in and out of guard and abusing the lighter weights compared to broadswords and axes."

Tapping into her steel metalmind she snatched the sword away from him. While weapons made her uncomfortable, having them in other’s hands was worse.

”A bit of Allomancy and Feruchemy,” Mejin told him.

This was my 100th post. Yay!

Edited by Silva

Good idea, I'll do that now. Also if you haven't noticed by now. This training ground is Devaan's hideout

[BEFORE DEVAAN ARRIVED AT GB HEADQUATERS]

"Hey, you three" Devaan told Ralerin, Mejin and Ethil "I'm going out, a friend is in danger. Don't burn the house down"

Ethil and Ralerin's training was going well, Mejin was warming up to the two of them, given time those three would become good friends. Devaan had offered to teach Mejin, but she was stubbornly pacifistic and refused to train in agressive fighting techniques. The three were responsible enough. If anyone tried to rob the place Devaan felt truly sorry for the robbers.

[3 HOURS LATER]

Devaan, Solace and LiTaiRu teleported in, Devaan was carrying a corpse in his arms

"I'm back!" Devaan yelled to the night air "You three still alive?"

Solace looked at Devaan strangely

"Yeah! We're alive, no thanks to you!" Mejin replied

"that girl is full of sass" Devaan muttered to Solace

"Ok! Get to the bunker! I storm is coming!"

"More like a Typhoon" LiTaiRu chipped in, grinning

Ethil stepped outside, and saw the four bloodied figures and paled, rushing away, ushering the others to the bunker underneath the house.

"Do I want to know?" Solace asked

"What! I decided to start up a training ground! you said that I'd be training the ghostbloods so I may as well market widely"

LiTaiRu sighed "Let's just fix up Rashan here"

[LATER THAT NIGHT]

The night was finishing up.Typhoon, Akrasia, Riathor and Devaan were drinking and laughing even still.

Footsteps echoed from inside the house

"oh" Devaan said

"What did you do now" Riathor asked him

"Oh no, no no no no no no no. I forgot!"

"Forgot what?" Akrasia asked

"You forgot about us!" Mejin said indignantly

"Hey! I had some important things to worry about!"

"really? so you just LEFT us in here?"

"Ok, I'm sorry. Happy?" 

Typhoon, Akrasia and Riathor were very obviously trying not to laugh at Devaan as Mejin chewed him out for forgetting about his trainees. Ethil and Ralerin stood in the doorway sheepishly. At the end of Mejin's tirade, Devaan stood up, brushed himself off.

"I'll fill you all in on what happened later, but I've had a long day, you three have the day off training tommorow. But after that It's back to training! go to sleep!"

after the three had gone, Riathor looked at Devaan quizzically

"You're a teacher now?" Riathor asked

"Yeah, you need me to teach you how to not stab yourself with your awakened blade and/or shardblade?"

"Hey! I'm fine thank you!" 

"If you stab yourself, I wont be suprised" Typhoon told him

"Agreed" Akrasia said, laughing.

[TWO DAYS LATER, LESSONS BEGIN AS USUAL]

If either @Silva, @Chromium Compounder or @Ray Lee have a problem with this, tell me and I'll change it

Rohan(Typhoon's new name) called his Aviar. Arrow landed on his shoulder, glancing about furtively. "What is wrong, my friend?" Rohan asked. The bird began to screech in alarm when it noticed the others, especially Devaan. "It's all right. They're  friends now." He rubbed Arrow's beak. He stepped over to a box and drew a pair of swords. (Image in spoiler tag). These would be his new weapon, not some soul-killing menace. He pulled the Oathstone of Ida out of his pocket. He placed it on the table with a note. It read:

Dear Devaan, this is the Oathstone of Ida-daughter-daughter-Rena. Please deliver it to Solace.

-Rohan(Typhoon)

Spoiler

modern_ninja_s_dual_blades_by_1darkfalcon-d60y8ml.jpg.ef4aec77dcb739de5819b9fd2c0dd5e1.jpg

Rohan's new swords

Edited by BitBitio
Added image

Devaan read the note. What am I? Delivery boy? Eh, being a delivery boy isn't such a bad thing, you get to annoy new people! or old people. It's mail.

Devaan took the rock, inspected it. It didn't seem to be magical, but it's probably important. He'd deliver it to solace as soon as possible

or... y'know,  whenever he got around to it...