These Stupid Ranks

Chaos

I went from an awakener to a spearman. I'm not sure whether I should be disappointed at losing all that Investiture, or glad that I'm kickin' it with Kaladin... Oh, wait! That's right. I'm not cool enough to do that yet; I need to get caught doing something bad in Sadeas's army camp first. :(

EDIT: At least I'm not a Zucchini.

Edited by akasketch

EDIT: At least I'm not a Zucchini.

Well, if you were, you could BECOME Investiture when Lift eats you. You can follow your brave and noble Calling by assissting a Knight Radiant to steal dinner save the world!

(which makes me wonder. What does happen to Investiture when it's used? Does it just disapppear or is it like a rain cycle that keep renewing itself? *Cue the Circle of Life*)

Edited by Delightful

Well, if you were, you could BECOME Investiture when Lift eats you. You can follow your brave and noble Calling by assissting a Knight Radiant to steal dinner save the world!

(which makes me wonder. What does happen to Investiture when it's used? Does it just disapppear or is it like a rain cycle that keep renewing itself? *Cue the Circle of Life*)

She has a point, akasketch. Being a Zucchini is a noble Calling, almost as noble as that of an Oatmeal Cookie. As your Babsk, I can teach you how to be the best Zucchini you can be. :)

Okay, now this is getting out of hand.

I don't even know what Pahn Kahl is, which is probably quite embarasing since I'm a Cosmere fanatic. :(

Now I either need to go find out what I am or give up reading these books and take up a mundane hobby like knitting instead. :( :( :(

Edited by Inquisitor of Wit

Okay, now this is getting out of hand.

I don't even know what Pahn Kahl is, which is probably quite embarasing since I'm a Cosmere fanatic. :(

Now I either need to go find out what I am or give up reading these books and take up a mundane hobby like knitting instead. :( :( :(

They're the tiny oppressed and forgettable people from Warbreaker. Bluefingers is one of them.

I quickly went from Forger to Soulcaster. Did I just decide to stop the encroaching nearsightedness, or was it laziness? The world may never know.

They're the tiny oppressed and forgettable people from Warbreaker. Bluefingers is one of them.

I quickly went from Forger to Soulcaster. Did I just decide to stop the encroaching nearsightedness, or was it laziness? The world may never know.

The Pahn Kahl are also the enemies of the current Sanderson Elimination and it is getting intense! I hate me some Pahn Kahl.

But yeah. Up to Oldblood now. Which is pretty obscure, only mentioned a couple times on Roshar... Hope we get more info soon. They are apparently above the Cobalt Guard, so I hope they are not problematic, could be a problem for some of our favorite SA characters...

I think it's hilarious that your user title stays the same for both ranks. "She Who Changes" works for both a Forger and a Soulcaster. :D

If you haven't seen this WoB yet, a little extra info on them from the mouth of the creator.

Q: What are Oldbloods?

A: Oldbloods are the...years ago Alethkar was ruled by a different group of people. A different, like, dynasty. It's been overturned and it's been a long enough time that they're not really a threat. But to acknowledge they're an Oldblood, they wear the tatoo that means, "We used to rule this place." And so, it's just a lineage of people in a dynasty that used to be the kings of Alethkar.

Oh storms, they're old and still feel the need to assert dominance and supposedly more powerful than the Cobalt Guard. Great. Yeah, Brandon says they're not a threat, but that doesn't really mean anything. If anything it means they're more of a threat.

I'm also dying to know more about the Oldbloods. They're just so cool, and outside the whole Vorin Herald/Alethela history. Like, an entire group of people who used to rule and are still around but seem to not care? That's just asking for plot significance. Them and the Herdazians.

(It might not happen, and relegate the Oldbloods to just cool worldbuilding. But even if they're not majorly important, I'd love to see more of them).

Am I the only one who sometimes feels that Brandon doesn't actually create his stories, and is merely uncovering what was there all along? It's just so magnificently detailed, it baffles me every time somebody reminds me that his worlds aren't actual things we're glimpsing.

Am I the only one who sometimes feels that Brandon doesn't actually create his stories, and is merely uncovering what was there all along? It's just so magnificently detailed, it baffles me every time somebody reminds me that his worlds aren't actual things we're glimpsing.

Wait, we're not actually glimpsing real things??? My life is a lie!  ;)

Half-breed? Of what?

Half-Elf?

Half-Orc?

Half-Dwarf?

Half-Koloss?

Half-Savant?

Half skaa, half noble I think. I don't think we have had any other cases where people were expressly called half-breeds.

Who knows, you might get allomancy some time down the line ; )

Although Vin is a half-breed, so they are potentially more powerful than one may think. Considering that half-breeds are much more likely to be Allomancers than normal skaa, it is still a pretty cool thing to be. Alas, it takes quite a long time to actually become an Allomamcer here.