Guess That Cosmere PLACE!

10 hours ago, Ookla the Sesquipedalian said:

Can you paste all of the clues together?

Here, I'll do it:

1). The name of this place suggests it's more important that it actually is
2). It is near a water body
3). We have never actually seen this place
4). I don't think it even gets mentioned in the books. (It's on the maps at least)
5). One part of the name is quite .... evocative. The other not at all

Ok so the answer is Vindiel--Cameux.

So who wants to take the question. I'm out of places for now

Screenshot_2019-12-18-18-42-52-544.jpeg.4119fa6a7cc86e4a34f9da3c9c36baae.jpeg

I always hated that Vin didn't get proper geographic recognition. I mean fine,  name the city elendel. But name the entire region the Vinelend basin or something. That's a cool , non repetative name

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing

26 minutes ago, Ookla the Roleplayer said:

I think Cameux is meant to be Camon - which I don't like personally, but I like the name Vindiel. 

I don't think it's supposed to be camon. I actually confused it with demoux at first. But it's left unexplained. 

I still can't believe elend got the biggest city and the entire basin named after him while Vin got this small , irrelevant city whose nomenclature she only half owns.<_<

Vin-elend basin or the Vindiel basin would have been so much cooler 

2019-12-18 20-53-07.aac

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing

Yeah, I'm inclined to assume it was sexism in-world. Couldn't be OOC - or at least, is less likely to be, though even Brandon has subconscious opinions, I'm sure - but I can very easily see whoever renamed the cities going, "Well, we should name the capital after our glorious Mistborn emperor, the one who won the war! His wife can have something named after her too." Especially since nobody really knew Vin took up a Shard. I'm still surprised the crew would let this happen, but maybe everywhere was named after they died. 

1 hour ago, Ookla the Roleplayer said:

Yeah, I'm inclined to assume it was sexism in-world. Couldn't be OOC - or at least, is less likely to be, though even Brandon has subconscious opinions, I'm sure - but I can very easily see whoever renamed the cities going, "Well, we should name the capital after our glorious Mistborn emperor, the one who won the war! His wife can have something named after her too." Especially since nobody really knew Vin took up a Shard. I'm still surprised the crew would let this happen, but maybe everywhere was named after they died. 

But they all knew Vin ascended. It was in the words of founding. Harmony specifically insisted that she was the best candidate to hold the shard. 

I mean I get why elend is celebrated. He took the throne at luthadel with a simple speech. His allomancy was the  strongest in centuries , save the Lord ruler himself. He took down inquisitors , Koloss armies, warlords and created the new empire. 

His political acumen was among the most important reasons why humanity didn't go extinct during the war against Ruin.

But Vin was with him all that time. She ascended. She was equally strong allomantically , even though in raw strength she was inferior to him. 

She saved his lives several times , the Survivorists worshipped her. She killed the Lord Ruler !!!!! 

She single handedly won the battle of luthadel against three armies. 

She was the one to discover duralumin in a manner.

Harmony repeatedly stressed her importance , so I guess the Pathians respected her too. 

Spook had a crush on her. 

Even today ppl call her the Ascendant warrior and women look up to her. Society is more egalitarian thanks to her and yet.... 

I think maybe it was subconscious bias by whoever drew up the map or by Sanderson himself as you said ene.

Or maybe they actually did name it the Vindiel basin but over time ppl began to call it the elendel basin instead. 

Like how in game of thrones ( the show, not the books , they remember in the books but discriminate against women anyway saying Targeryens are different  and as such seperate laws apply to them) ppl remember Aegon Targeryen , the Dragonrider who united the seven kingdoms but forget about his wives Rhaenys and Visenya who were also Dragonriders and equally instrumental and conquered entire kingdoms by themselves.

Or   Hmmm , I wonder maybe if this was Spook's revenge for her not choosing him. If true , it would be very petty of him.

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing

12 minutes ago, Honorless said:

I think religion and political associations had more of a role with it. Elend was the idealist and political leader, it makes sense they'd name their fresh start after him. Plus, Vin was more of a religious figure.

Yeah I guess Sazed or harmony or even kelsier Don't have any places named after them. Huh , yeah them being religious figures made up for it I guess.