StrikerEZ

Newcomer to the series

59 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, goody153 said:

@StrikerEZ Very nice ! You're finally about to start WoT(near the end of that book). Yes you haven't been reading the real WoT yet lol

Please tell us about your reaction at the end of that book :)

....okay. I thought things got intense after The Dragon Reborn.

I will when I finish. That'll be awhile though.

9 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Maybe I'm clueless, but I wasn't quite sure who the male knife person was supposed to be. Unless their identity is some sort of spoiler, could you just tell me who they are? 

Yeah, he's the trickier of the two.  I don't consider his background a spoiler, really, but you might enjoy figuring it out on your own.  (More clues come in later books.)  If not:

Spoiler

Aginor

2 minutes ago, daschaich said:

Yeah, he's the trickier of the two.  I don't consider his background a spoiler, really, but you might enjoy figuring it out on your own.  (More clues come in later books.)  If not:

Reveal hidden contents

Aginor

I never would've guessed him (I actually forgot who he was and had to go look him up lol).

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

I never would've guessed him (I actually forgot who he was and had to go look him up lol).

This makes me curious who you think the other one is...

I never actually figured out that forsaken's reincarnation. I knew about a long time after i finished it lol

The other two revived one i never doubted tho

From there it completely escalates. You are the funnest parts of the books. 

13 hours ago, goody153 said:

From there it completely escalates. You are the funnest parts of the books. 

Yeah, I can tell. I’m pretty excited for the next book(s).

8 hours ago, ScarletSabre said:

@Ookla-Shephir

Welcome back to the read! Haha, any reactions to it that you can share? ^_^ Favourite moments etc?

Good reactions:

• The battle of Domai’s Wells (I don’t think I spelled it right). Plus the entire buildup to that battle. It was all super intense, from the confrontation between Rand and Merana up to Rand getting captured by the Tower Aes Sedai and then Rand breaking out of the cage. I really loved that part of the book.
  • I thought it was really interesting that Egwene became Amyrlin. I kind of expected it, after she had that weird dream (or was it when she was becoming Accepted? I can’t remember) about being Amyrlin. I’m really interested to see how this affects her in the future.
  • I loved seeing Min and Rand interact. I’m a sucker for good romantic scenes, and those were so good. 
  • The Asha’man. They’re so cool. I just wish I knew them better; I can’t remember any of their names, besides Taim.
  • Taim. I know I shouldn’t, but I really, really, REALLY like him. He’s so cool.
  • The fact that Nynaeve figured out how to heal people who have been stilled. I’ve always found Logain an interesting character, so I’m excited that he’s been healed and is on his own again. 

Bad reactions:

• Robert Jordan, except in rare circumstances, does not understand female characters. He treats them as if their thought processes are almost completely alien to those of male characters, which is not the case. It definitely feels that way reading their viewpoints though, which makes it really hard for me to enjoy any of the female characters, besides Min and Aviendha (Aviendha is my favorite female character, and Min is pretty great when she’s not acting like an idiot while fawning over Rand). Elayne and Nynaeve are the worst. Like, I hated how Elayne treated Mat the entire time they interacted, from when he arrived in Salidar to the travel to Ebou Dar (I actually hated Elayne during this part, and I don’t think I’lll be able to forgive her actions for a long time; even her explanation of why she did it in her PoV chapter afterwards was so stupid and petty) to completely ignoring Mat while they were in Ebou Dar.
  • Why are all the Aes Sedai so petty? They supposedly pride themselves on being so much better than everyone else, but they just read like spoiled brats to me. Especially Elaida. 
  • The beginning was way too slow. You could cut half of the scenes with Nynaeve and Elayne at the beginning and it would work so much better.

There were many problems with this book, mostly character issues, but I really liked the ending, so we’ll see how future books go.