whattheHoid

Worth Reading?

12 posts in this topic

So, I have read pretty much everything by Brandon except for Alcatraz. This is mostly because I wanted to finish the Cosmere stuff first. I just finished the Rithmatist and I loved it. Is Alcatraz too young of a book? Like is it a kid's book or a YA book? Is it worth reading? I figure it probably is because it's a Brandon book, but I thought I would ask you guys you have read it already. Thanks friends!

Yes it does seem written for a younger audience perhaps the 10-15 crowd (about the same target audience as Rithmatist). That being said I am a adult and still thought they were fun.

I always encourage people to try different series and see if it appeals to them, and make up their own minds, because some of my favorite series people hate and some books others love I didn't like.

Edited by Ammanas

Ok thanks! You convinced me. I think I'll definitely check them out. I do need to pick up Skyward too. I'll read them while waiting for next Stormlight/Cosmere novel.

@whattheHoid I got a little confused because you posted in the Reckoners section of the forum (which I thought you were asking about), but you are asking about Alcatraz.

I haven't read Alcatraz, but my advice about trying new things still stands. Hopefully you have a library near by so if you don't like it its not a waste of money. Best of luck and happy reading! 

Oh oops, sorry, I thought I was posting in Alcatraz. I'm assuming Reckoners and Alcatraz aren't the same series then? 

No they are not. I would recommend checking out Reckoners before Alcatraz though.

Ok, will do! Thanks friend!!

I second the checking out of Reckoners, it was fantastic and a unique (and oddly realistic) take on the Superhero genre

Ooh!? Superheroes? Sounds exciting! I'm curious how Brandon crafts a superhero story!

On 7/6/2018 at 1:49 PM, whattheHoid said:

Ooh!? Superheroes? Sounds exciting! I'm curious how Brandon crafts a superhero story!

Very much so!  Ever wonder what a Superhero Apocalypse would look like?  Strap in

What!!!? Superhero apocalypse! That sounds amazing!!!

They are amazing. Not in the cosmere, but non the less amazing. Full of interessting characters and a lot of surprises.