Bronze Allomancy and Breaths

NotarySojac

Question

Could a Seeker sense someone who was holding and benefiting from a large number of Breaths, or would the person actually have to be actively Awakening something for that to happen? (My best guess is the latter, but the wiki wasn't particularly clear on it)

2 answers to this question

I suspect it would detect active awakening, but would not detect breaths on a person, and possibly even breaths sitting in an item with no command. My reasoning for this is that bronze is never noted to detect stored Feruchemy charges, or hemalurgic spikes. Of course, I don't recall it ever being noted to detect active Feruchemy tapping either. Whether that is because feruchemy is too quiet to detect, or it just never came up is a different question. 

Oathbringer Spoiler:

Spoiler

The screamer spren were able to detect investiture usage from Kaladin or fabrials, but not from gemstones or Shallan. This shows that resting investiture probably isn't as easily detected, and some types of investiture usage are too quiet to be noticed by certain methods. But Hoid's magic sands was able to detect Shallan, but didn't react to the gemstones, so there are probably different levels of effectiveness at play here. I would guess that bronze would be similar to the screamers, being able to detect some investiture usage, but not quieter ones. Whether awakening would count as quiet, I don't know

tl-dr: We won't know in till Brandon tells or shows us.

By WoB we know they can sense somebody "using" magics from other worlds.  The catch is that Seekers sense "kinetic Investiture" meaning the Investiture that is actively being used.  It;s the difference between sensing a Radiant actually Using Stormlight to do something, vs just sensing that they have a Store of energy.  In the Case of the Heightenings I dont think they'd sense it directly any more than they'd sense the Nahel Bond or a filled metalmind; however they would sense the act of Awakening or actually using a Surge. 

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/120-warsaw-signing/#e7413

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/166-steelheart-chicago-signing/#e3008