The Ecology of Roshar

On 7/24/2018 at 1:04 PM, SzethIsBadAsHell said:

Rashadiums have them as well . Any creature that has spren following it has a gemheart . I’m assuming the spren feed on the investiture leaking from them gemheart ! Perhaps it’s for another reason.

Do you have a source for that?  I don't remember that being confirmed in the books, and neither the Coppermind or any of the entries in the Arcanum have anything to say on the matter.  

10 hours ago, Scion of the Mists said:

Do you have a source for that?  I don't remember that being confirmed in the books, and neither the Coppermind or any of the entries in the Arcanum have anything to say on the matter.  

That’s my own personal theory . Think about chasmfiends , greatshells , they both have gemhearts , and both have Spren following them. It’s a leap of logic .

• Pagerunner changed the title to The Ecology of Roshar
On 8/6/2018 at 7:16 PM, SzethIsBadAsHell said:

That’s my own personal theory . Think about chasmfiends , greatshells , they both have gemhearts , and both have Spren following them. It’s a leap of logic .

Ryshadium have been confirmed to be a non-native species with a spren bond, so I think it's extremely unlikely that they have gemhearts.  Humans are also a non-native species that bonds spren, and we know for sure that they don't have gemhearts.  

• Chaos locked this topic