[Words of Radiance Tour] Chicago Signing, Mar 22

Argent

I'm going to be in Chicago for business next week and I'm hoping to make it to the signing.

My question:

Is there a Soulcast statue of Dalinar's wife?

I'm beginning to wonder if she is actually dead.

Huh. Now I'm wondering what would happen if Dalinar looked at his wife's statue. Would his vision blur or something?

Okay, tge event is now over. If you look at my questions from a few posts ago, I asked (almost?) everything from the first 3 tiers. A few answers, a few RAFOs, tge usual. I'll post transcripts and audio later today and tomorrow. For now I'll say that the person who arrived at the gates of Kholinar is the same person as the one delivered to the warcamps, and that the number of the Unmade is fixed but is not 10.

Oh, and the TWoK ketek? "Above the Silence" refers to "above the silent land" but Brandon would not confirm if that's Roshar.

Oh, and the TWoK ketek? "Above the Silence" refers to "above the silent land" but Brandon would not confirm if that's Roshar.

I still maintain this relates to Ashyn/The Silence Divine being in Roshar's sky.

Edited by masaru

@cem: Thanks! I must have been half-asleep while reading that part. :P

@Argent: Nice! The info about KR Squires intrigues me. Windrunners are meant to be leaders, so it makes sense that they'll have special Squire-making privileges. The Releaser from Dalinar's vision seemed to have quite a number of Squires herself, so I wonder how many more a single Windrunner could have. A small army of Squires?

Also, I wonder what "abnormal" powers Lopen and the others in Bridge Four will get. We know that Lopen can now heal himself, but that seems like a universal Stormlight property.

Lastly, I wonder if Heralds could have Squires. That might be one way for Szeth to get Skybreaker powers without a spren bond.

No problem, I ask what I like :)

I am finishing the rest of the transcription (got another hour or so), but I also have to hit the gym in about an hour, so we'll see if I'll be able to finish it. There are a couple of interesting, though not superamazing, bits.

I added some more the transcript:

• Personalization Part 1, questions asked between 8:00 and 68:00. Part 1 has another 25 minutes or so I will go through later today.
  • Personalization Part 2, questions asked up to the 28:00 mark. Part 2 is now fully transcribed. 

THERE'S MORE!?!?!?

While the full implications of all of these (and several of the other answers we've gotten recently) will take awhile to sink in, I'd like to note that the soulcasting question stealth-confirms that all you need for allomantic metals is physical composition: No restriction on having to come from Scadrial. This in turn almost guarantees that Hemalurgy and Feruchemy are the same way, and so now we know almost for sure that all three metallic arts can work with any planet's metals.

Edited by Kurkistan

THERE'S MORE!?!?!?

Heh. Many of the questions are repeats of questions from other signings, I wouldn't get too excited.

But I got a similar impression from the Soulcasting question. Though I wonder why alloys wouldn't work...

But I got a similar impression from the Soulcasting question. Though I wonder why alloys wouldn't work...

Same reason most alloys don't work for Allomancy: your pewter is not my pewter. Allomantic alloys are very very specific proportions, and I imagine that whatever "default" soulcasting produces when the Soulcaster says they want "pewter" isn't the right kind. It appears that the Soulcaster who works at it, can specify the percentages, though.

Taldain is White Sands world right?

If so, does the sand contain investiture? Is the shard Determination, or some related intent? Is the shardholder alive? Is thee a shard pool under the true desert?

EDIT: messed up spoiler tags

Edited by Cromptj

Well, this confirms it, then. Soulcast yourself some nicrosil, Compound it for pure Investiture, repeat. Endlessly. Obtain all the Investiture. Being a Surgebinder with Transformation and also being a Nicrosil Twinborn would be the best.

Well, this confirms it, then. Soulcast yourself some nicrosil, Compound it for pure Investiture, repeat. Endlessly. Obtain all the Investiture. Being a Surgebinder with Transformation and also being a Nicrosil Twinborn would be the best.

Not so fast, Moogle. ;)

Recall that the metals aren't actually the source of energy for Allomancy, and thus for Compounding, and so you wouldn't have any net gain in Investiture if you compounded Feruchemical nicrosil. It all still has to come from somewhere.

Alright, I am done with the transcription. The new questions are all in Part 1, after the 68:00 / 1:08:00 minute mark. I also added a link to the transcript in the first post of this thread.

Edited by Argent

Though I wonder why alloys wouldn't work...

Probably because it's very hard to get the exact ratio of alloy elements right using only Soulcasting. It's might be easier to Soulcast the individual elements separately and create the alloy afterwards.

Edit: Never mind.

Edited by skaa