Mid-Range Game 30/Anonymous Game 2: - Scadrian Black Ops

Seonid

1 minute ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Two new pages for me to wake up to. Noice. I like the activity this game :]

Glancing at the vote count, the two main candidates for the lynch look to be Tuatara and Albatross.

Coral Swan. No use having my vote lie there.

I think the Tuatara votes are slightly ridiculous, given the reasoning. But then again, I don't quite agree with the Albatross lynch as I've repeated a number of times already. The playstyle seems normal given who the player behind the account is.

I'd place my vote on Tuatara, but I'm not sure if I want a tie. It'd be great if there's a toss and only one player dies, though I wouldn't want two players to get lynched. 

Thoughts?

A tie has the potential of showing us what's kind of vote manipulation mechanics might be out there. Then again, so does a close lynch if one side is worried about the other side also having vote manipulation. But it's something to consider.

If it does remain tied and both die, that's another mechanic we know. Yes, it would be unfortunate for two to die, but we'd know moving forward to secure a solid lynch if we don't want a multi-person lynch.

16 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:

RP

listened to the woman, the one some were voting against. She said she had just wanted to help. could relate to that feeling, but his empathy was not was needed right now. It was his bravery, his ability to do his duty even when the odds forbade it. Unfortunately, had no such bravery. He just survived. 

Religions. was a Survivorist himself, though he was specifically an Alternative Survivorist. One who believed Kelsier was holy and had died for hope, but also didn't believe he was still alive. In V's life, the Survivor was important. But nobody lived forever. Not even gods.

The woman was talking to asked how he managed to avoid attention. He replied that he always observed more than he talked, that keeping a keen eye was what led to avoid too much unwanted attention. It was all true, but had excluded the real reason. He had been trained all his life not to attract too much attention.

had been raised by his grandfather, the only successful man in his line, and wouldn't let anyone forget it. V's father must have been sick of it, because he left to who-knows-where and left to be raised by his grandfather. His grandfather, being a perfectionist, didn't want anyone to know that while he'd succeeded in business he'd failed in raising a son, and so he pretended he never had any, which meant pretending didn't exist either. He'd always been taught not to get too much attention. And when had gotten a job he let his grandfather too.

He was interrupted in his train of thought as a familiar figure strode down the hall. It was the lady with the bionic arm, and in worry she pointed it at the two of them, it's tip now sharpened. The lady proposed to make an alliance, said that with some more people the crew had a fighting chance to live. stood up, masking his face of any emotion. He was about to say something when the woman he was talking to took the other lady's hand, signalling their alliance.

They both looked at expectantly, who nodded in agreement. The three of them were allianced. He just hoped none of them were the Kandra he got nightmares of each night...

Perhaps this could be beneficial to Liseran. But deep within, she could tell it was a very, very tenuous alliance. She couldn't fully trust this V, nor the Denestra woman. But it would do for now.

People continued to shoot glances in her direction, but it seemed to be ebbing for now. The vote seemed to come down to two people. Liseran hoped whoever fell victim to the mob's bloodlust was truly deserving. "Your bloodlust," she reminded herself. "You voted, too."

Possibilities of a brighter future we're quickly dimming. None of this would end well.

Edited by Amber Vulture
Ninja'd by cycle end... sorry Seonid! It didn't notify me of the new post.

MR30: Cycle 2 - Rime of the Ancient Starfarer

The ship was cleared, the cargo seared
As hast’ly each one dropped
Below the ship, into the rift 
And down into the top 

Of transports three, and one of three, 
The Pride of Terris, flew
Away from wrack and ruin dread,
And yet, within its flue

A corpse was found, blood on the ground
Pooling beneath its toes. 
The captain dead! and many said,
“We are pursued by foes.

“Even here in this small transport
An evil may be seen. 
So cast aside all your divides 
Together let us lean.”

Throughout the day each had their say
Of who traitors could be.
And as they talked, the evil stalked, 
And looked, when they did see

A badge, subdued but present yet
Lay on Hyena’s breast. 
Without a sound he dropped to ground 
Clutching, pained, at his chest. 

The evil swiftly drew away
Its work at present done. 
The Pride of Terris still flew on
And drew near to a sun. 

Bright light did fill the windowsill
And in that light, they saw
Hyena slumped, curled in a lump
With rigid back and jaw. 

The crew did stare at this nightmare
With silent, bated breath. 
When all at once the crew did speak 
And clamored for a death. 

And as they spake, an Albatross 
As if sent from above
Appeared, and did begin to speak
Of patience and of love. 

“No lynch today!” it tried to say, 
“Why would you kill me yet?
A bird of good to help you should 
An evil e’er be met.”

The crew did boo, and shouted too, 
With no heed for his words.
Four then advanced, nor backward glanced
While moving towards the bird. 

Harmony help four confused souls
Who, feeling tempest-tossed, 
Without a word shot guiltless bird
And killed the Albatross. 

---------------------------------------------------

Vote Count:

Amber Vulture (1): Melon Dingo,

Cream Tuatara (3): Amber Vulture, Indigo Weasel, Magenta Albatross,

Indigo Weasel (1): Fuchsia Ostrich,

Magenta Albatross (4): Azure Mouse, Cream Tuatara, Emerald Falcon, Mauve Crocodile,

Magenta Albatross has been lynched! They were a Refugee!

Charcoal Hyena was killed! They were a Fleeing Informant!

Cycle 2 has started! It will end in roughly 48 hours.

cya_1531555200.png

Spoiler

Reminder: Rules for Anonymous Accounts:

At the start of the game, you will be issued an anonymous account. There are a number of rules associated with the use of an Anonymous Account. Please follow them carefully. Given the potential for abuse of Anonymous Accounts, any rule breaking using the accounts will be dealt with harshly.
1) Do not change the password of the anonymous account you are issued. Orlok, Fifth and I will have access to all anonymous accounts for the duration of the game.
2) Do not use the anonymous accounts to PM any non-anonymous account, other than the accounts of the GMs. Please do not use your normal accounts to PM anonymous accounts.
3) Do not change anything cosmetic about the accounts, including member title, username, signature, and avatar.

4) Do no reveal your own identity or explicitly claim to be another player

Edited by Seonid

Aldbajwksocep I was just about to hit Submit with my vote on Cream when Seonid went like cycle's over. Feelslifeman

Also, Fleeing informant, huh? The first thing that comes to mind is PMs. But those are closed so we can assume this doesn't work like tineyes. Maybe this person can send messages to people via the GMs?

Edited by Amethyst Scorpion

Just an FYI, I'll be less active over the next two cycles. I'll still have time to check in and vote, but don't expect any deep analysis until monday.

Anyway, two people with green roles died, so they're likely village. Magenta claimed to be vanilla, and the role-name seems to suggest that. I can't see why he'd lie about that if he's village, anyway. The fleeing informant role seems more interesting, but it could be a lot of things. My first guess would be a PM spy, but we don't have PM's this game, so maybe some kind of role-scanner?

The lack of an 'odd' death (someone dying with an unusual role) also suggest that, if there's a Kandra, he/she hasn't felt the need to use their powers yet.

Edited by Melon Dingo
grammar and stuff correction

Could the Fleeing Informant have the account swap roles? Informant implies spy, fleeing implies on the run. If you're on the run, you'll want a disguise, right? Of course, this doesn't explain who or what they are on the run from. Maybe whatever it was that killed the Captain?

I know, it's just speculation, but what do you guys think?

3 minutes ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

Could the Fleeing Informant have the account swap roles? Informant implies spy, fleeing implies on the run. If you're on the run, you'll want a disguise, right? Of course, this doesn't explain who or what they are on the run from. Maybe whatever it was that killed the Captain?

I know, it's just speculation, but what do you guys think?

I mean, it is a refugee ship we're on.

Bailey cracked an eye open. He was curled up on the floor.

In the dim lighting, he could make out a mass of refugees circled crowded around the airlock, peering out of the viewport, a chorus of shouts surrounding them.

"Urgh...  Did you alls just space that Albatross...?"

Rusts, he still hadn't gotten used to this vessel's clock.  Should have been awake for that.

He blinked to clear his eyes.

"Right, well, next order of business.  Shift just started, gotta pick somebody else to space by the end of it.  I nominate Dingo, 'cause they just seem off and I'm not the only one who's said it.  What's more, some of their guesses about the murderers seemed kind of weirdly specific.  Furthermore, they didn't pick up on how the different peoples are color-coded for your convenience, which any self-respecting refugee should do."

1 hour ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

Yes, but we're just Refugees, not Fleeing Refugees. We're all fleeing what happened on the station, but shouldn't that just make Hyena an Informant, not a Fleeing Informant. I think the name implies they were on the run from something more than the rest of us.

'Fleeing' is implied by 'refugee' though. Fleeing refugee is a bit of a tautology. I'm not ruling out something more going on, but it might also be that all non-refugee villagers have something related to running away in their role-name.

Anyway, vulture . He was right about albatross, but the way he kept highlighting how his defense of albatross got him in trouble no matter how magenta would flip suggests a mindset far more focussed on self-preservation than on solving the game.

Ivory, can you elaborate more on your suspicion? The only thing I get from your accusation was my slight hesitation in marking greens as villagers. I'd like to point out that as an elim, I'd likely know what the village faction was, and would feel no need to show hesitation on this regard.

3 minutes ago, Melon Dingo said:

I'd like to point out that as an elim, I'd likely know what the village faction was, and would feel no need to show hesitation on this regard.

Let the IKYK Games Begin! And may the names be never in your favour :D

You might be right about 'Fleeing'. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'll admit that what I suggested was all speculation. I actually think the kandra, or kandra-like monster thing is more likely.

2 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

On the other hand, as a villager you'd likely know what colour the village faction is, and would feel no need to show hesitiation on this regard. ;)

I'm not denying this. I'd just like to point out that an elim would have nothing to gain by doing this. I don't disagree that it might look odd, but I can't figure out why a member of the elim team would make a comment like that.

1 minute ago, Melon Dingo said:

I'm not denying this. I'd just like to point out that an elim would have nothing to gain by doing this. I don't disagree that it might look odd, but I can't figure out why a member of the elim team would make a comment like that.

And why would a villager make a comment like that? :ph34r:

Checking in for the day! So far I don't know where my thoughts are going, so give me a few minutes to put together an analysis of something.

I will say that I don't think Dingo's posts from today are alignment indicitive. They seem pretty normal to me. If anything, maybe a bid of IKYK, but unintentionally, until it came time to defending himself.

1 hour ago, Melon Dingo said:

Ivory, can you elaborate more on your suspicion? The only thing I get from your accusation was my slight hesitation in marking greens as villagers. I'd like to point out that as an elim, I'd likely know what the village faction was, and would feel no need to show hesitation on this regard.

In my post, you will also see reference to the specifity of your speculations about the evil roles (I have seen evil players in blackout games correctly "guess" the identity of their evil faction on multiple occasions).  And also a general gut reading.

The color thing is secondary, although not entirely insignificant because I for one knew the village was color-coded green from my role PM.  I am generally very reluctant to leverage that sort of thing, but your post made it difficult not to notice.  I don't see it as strong evidence, but I do see it as another point against you.

Edited by Ivory Dragonfly

Many of you may not know this, but Swans are famously capable of logical reasoning, and are fully capable of making arguments and referencing what others have said in the past. I myself am not sure if other animals are capable of such a thing, but we will have to wait and see. 

First thing to address is that I do not appreciate the speed at which people started bandwagoning, mostly because I was asleep. I'll go over that later though, as eventually the bandwagon shifted away from me (never official votes but it was there) but was still annoying to wake up to. Now the thing that is most notable during C1 but cannot be talked about during C1 as you cannot give the game away is obviously role names. Within the blackout scenario that we are in, no-one 'officially' knows the names of any other roles. While they're guessable, you can never be sure until someone with that role has died. As such, you do wanna be a little bit subtle with name-dropping, something that Albatross did give up but it was near the end and is forgivable as they are kinda dead.

Thus, I present to you, the refuge tracker:

Mouse: RP - 1, OOC -

Crocodile: RP - 2, OOC -

Swan (Me): RP - 2

Dragonfly: RP - 1, OOC -

Albatross: RP - 0, OOC - 1 (Italicised)

Weasel: Reacts to Albatross directly but doesn't say it, still worth noting.

The RP distinction is also important, for two reasons. One is to remind everyone that Swan is still in character thank you very much and the other is because the RP setting is such that one could refer to refugees without implicating that it is the default village role. If I was awake during the end of C1, I likely would have done something similar to Weasel, who I'm willing to soft-clear seeing as they react very clearly and quickly to Albatross' name drop. Tis only a soft clear though, no-one go trusting them or anything now. Obviously, there's likely more people that knew that refugee was the default role but weren't willing to name-drop either through not thinking of it (which is fair) or not willing to name-drop and potentially be really obvious (also very fair). However now that a refugee has died, no-one needs to worry about that stuff anymore. 

Also of note is that the refuge tracker was indeed just tracking the word refuge, to include both refuge and refugee. Otherwise my hints wouldn't really be in there, 'cause I was saying stuff like 'let's make this a nice refuge' and all which just sounds weird outside of it being a reference to the role. The tracker shall now be discontinued, but I just want everyone to read it or maybe even go over C1 again trying to look for more interpretations of various posts. 

For example, this puts the bandwagoning that nearly started near the end of the cycle in a different light. For Weasel, it no longer looks like he was randomly trusting Albatross by trying to kill someone else, but was instead reacting to the refugee implication so could trust him more clearly and openly. All in all, it's fair for Weasel. Also means that the elims aren't likely to kill him because Weasel is a default role most likely. Or the other option is indeed that they are an Elim and their win condition is to kill or outnumber the refugees so knows the role from that. Soft-clear, folks.

4 hours ago, Melon Dingo said:

Anyway, two people with green roles died, so they're likely village. Magenta claimed to be vanilla, and the role-name seems to suggest that. I can't see why he'd lie about that if he's village, anyway. The fleeing informant role seems more interesting, but it could be a lot of things. My first guess would be a PM spy, but we don't have PM's this game, so maybe some kind of role-scanner?

Dingo, you might as well claim your role at this point. You're not a default villager, and if I was the elims that'd be enough for me to say bye-bye to all dingos on the ship. They also might be scared of words and go after me, but that's good for everyone so I don't have to worry about that. Not much else to say really, already feel like I'm writing too much compared to everyone else, you know?

2 minutes ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

In my post, you will also see reference to the specifity of your speculations about the evil roles. And also a general gut reading.

The color thing is secondary, although not entirely insignificant because I for one knew the village was color-coded green from my role PM. I am generally very reluctant to leverage that sort of thing, but your post made it difficult not to notice that.

Knowing that the village is colour-coded green isn't really something that's specific to this game, sadly. I can't really think of any game that hasn't had a village coloured green, but I'm also gonna throw out there that you most likely have a role as well, so feel free to do whatever. 

Spent a while writing this, gonna let y'all react to what's in it so far. Also yes, my identity is obvious at this point why hide it? Ah well, you'd be correct in guessing that yes I am actually a Swan as the name suggests.

13 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

Also yes, my identity is obvious at this point why hide it?

Hard for the Swan to hide all those coral feathers, I imagine :P

15 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

I'm also gonna throw out there that you most likely have a role as well, so feel free to do whatever.

Out of idle curiosity, what suggested to you that I have a role?

1 hour ago, Coral Swan said:

First thing to address is that I do not appreciate the speed at which people started bandwagoning, mostly because I was asleep. I'll go over that later though, as eventually the bandwagon shifted away from me (never official votes but it was there) but was still annoying to wake up to. Now the thing that is most notable during C1 but cannot be talked about during C1 as you cannot give the game away is obviously role names. Within the blackout scenario that we are in, no-one 'officially' knows the names of any other roles. While they're guessable, you can never be sure until someone with that role has died. As such, you do wanna be a little bit subtle with name-dropping, something that Albatross did give up but it was near the end and is forgivable as they are kinda dead

Sorry for any bandwagoning that occurred. I personally didn't feel comfortable lynching you, and I'm glad that It didn't happen.

That being said, I feel kind of bad for starting a bandwagon on Tutara instead. I find it curious how after the little bandwagon for Cream Tutara ended up causing a counter against Magenta again. Then again any interaction like that would seem suspicious. Which brings me to the next thing I want to look at

Emerald Falcon, D1, Page 7 of main thread now.

Ok, at this point magenta is seeming super suspicious. The way their interactions with amber vulture just seems super scripted, and they’re responses are very aggressive.

Why not mention me? I was part of that late hour debacle too! Are you just taking me as an innocent bystander that got sucked in? @Emerald Falcon Would that mean you also suspect Amber Vulture, or are you just saying that Magenta's actions are super suspicious. Mild elim read on Emerald falcon, and maybe Cream Tutara as well.

Melon Dingo, D1 Page 7

Magenta albatross Amber Vulture

My main point of suspicion on on Albatross was how people seemed to be quickly rallying to his suspicion. Vulture on the other hand is the main person that came to his defense, and has constantly been highlighting how Magenta's flip would affect his own alignment, which looks like an elim trying to cover his behind, especially if magenta is village.

I see Melon's posts from D2 as NAI, but this post gives me a soft village read on him.

Fuschia Ostrich, D1, page 7

Well, I said I'd be back to place a vote, but this thread makes it difficult to choose who. Out of everyone, I'm most suspicious of Indigo Weasel, mostly for the tone of his posts. I'm not really sure what it is about them, there is just something a bit off about them to me.

That's what people tend to say about my posts when I'm not anon too. :ph34r:

Weasel: Reacts to Albatross directly but doesn't say it, still worth noting.

It's worth noting that I did react to him directly, and indirectly responded to his claim. Look back at my post and I italicized a word, as a response to his italicized word.

The RP distinction is also important, for two reasons. One is to remind everyone that Swan is still in character thank you very much and the other is because the RP setting is such that one could refer to refugees without implicating that it is the default village role. If I was awake during the end of C1, I likely would have done something similar to Weasel, who I'm willing to soft-clear seeing as they react very clearly and quickly to Albatross' name drop. Tis only a soft clear though, no-one go trusting them or anything now. Obviously, there's likely more people that knew that refugee was the default role but weren't willing to name-drop either through not thinking of it (which is fair) or not willing to name-drop and potentially be really obvious (also very fair). However now that a refugee has died, no-one needs to worry about that stuff anymore. 

Also of note is that the refuge tracker was indeed just tracking the word refuge, to include both refuge and refugee. Otherwise my hints wouldn't really be in there, 'cause I was saying stuff like 'let's make this a nice refuge' and all which just sounds weird outside of it being a reference to the role. The tracker shall now be discontinued, but I just want everyone to read it or maybe even go over C1 again trying to look for more interpretations of various posts. 

For example, this puts the bandwagoning that nearly started near the end of the cycle in a different light. For Weasel, it no longer looks like he was randomly trusting Albatross by trying to kill someone else, but was instead reacting to the refugee implication so could trust him more clearly and openly. All in all, it's fair for Weasel. Also means that the elims aren't likely to kill him because Weasel is a default role most likely. Or the other option is indeed that they are an Elim and their win condition is to kill or outnumber the refugees so knows the role from that. Soft-clear, folks.

Most fair analysis I've seen regarding my actions since I've started playing SE, I think. Well done. I cannot argue with anything here.

Also, Azure mouse

1. I am still suspicious of you and amber. 2. Thanks, I have really enjoyed your RP's 3. I've really enjoyed your Analyses 4. And I know who your main account is. 5. How good are you at counting?

Edited by Indigo Weasel

7 hours ago, Seonid said:

Harmony help four confused souls
Who, feeling tempest-tossed, 
Without a word shot guiltless bird
And killed the Albatross. 

And thus we see that Albatross
Slightly confused, though he was
Did not have blood of Koloss
Just a bit of mental fuzz.