Mid-Range Game 30/Anonymous Game 2: - Scadrian Black Ops

Seonid

1 minute ago, Indigo Weasel said:

@Amber Vulture, do you have any suggestions? I'm willing to consider others. 

No one has really stood out yet to me. My spidey-senses (Vulture senses?) are telling me something is off about Dingo, but I haven't been able to peg it down to anything specific. I'll look into things a bit more.

14 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

@Seonid or @Orlok Tsubodai or @Fifth Scholar, a little help with hiding that person's post?

@Amber Vulture what do you think about tutara?

Thanks! I can't get my tagging function to work and was desperately trying to figure out how to alert someone.

As for Tuatara, I'm not against it. They've had two posts, both fairly NAI. However, like Magenta said, it was basically the same kind of thing the lynch against him was about. So, Charcoal Hyena

10 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

This game has NOT worked well :)

Lots of Oops Awards!

Edited by Amber Vulture
Ninja'd by lots of posts! I must be slow...

A vote on Tuatara doesn't seem valuable to me. The fact that they've had only two NAI posts means that the only things that we'll get out of it are:

• What happens if we get a lynch
  • What their role is, if they have one
  • What happens to the dead

There's nothing there that we don't learn from lynching any other player. Lynching them gives us nothing about other alignments, and no matter how crazy the rules for this game are, it's going to revolve around the core tenets of SE, and so alignment and player relationships are going to be key. For that reason, lynching someone who already has decent connections to other players would be higher value than lynching those who only have a few posts to their name. Tuatara voted on Magenta without any good reasons, which I'm not too keen on, but I think that there's more to learn from more prolific players. Currently the only reasons to vote on Tuatara are because they haven't made too many posts, and because other people are doing it. That's really not a good enough justification.

For those reasons, I think that I'll put my vote back on Magenta. No one else seems extremely suspicious to me, but the way that Magenta flips will tell me something about Amber Vulture, who thus far has unfailingly defended them, and has jumped on a vote on an inactive player rather than a potentially suspicious one. I would vote on Amber if others were willing to turn it into a lynch, but if I have to choose between lynching to get information on Amber or lynching a mostly-inactive, especially in C1, the choice is clear.

Additionally, since Magenta was happy with going after Tuatara, their flip could also tell us something about Tuatara, which will also give something on Amber and Indigo.

Magenta, you'd better flip village. Otherwise, I'm in a lot of trouble.

I've always been partial to lynching inactives early on when there are few clues to alignments. I like keeping people alive who are willing to talk and add to the discussion, unless there is good reason to lynch them. When it comes to Magenta, I just don't see it. I'm probably digging my own grave here, but I can't in good conscience move forward with a lynch against them without trying to help.

Well, I'd hate to say it it but it appears our wants are at crossroads, Amber. Maybe our RP characters can chat about it sometime :P.

raised his hand, denying the offer of stew. "I had a slice of bread before," he said, getting back to the task at hand. A gruesome task, yes, but a necessary one. One that would effect some emotionally, yes, but one that needed to happen.

The group was deciding which of them to shove out of the airlock.

No one wanted to be the one others voted for. No one wanted to die. But resources were getting low, and so the bloodlust took over, each person giving their own reasons to vote for another. Accusations were being thrown, defences made and in the end, one had to die. No one had wanted to die initially, and so many had taken to voting a small person who was sleeping. When they woke, however, people searched for more worthy people to vote for.

Word had spread that the murderer could've been one of the faceless Imortals. No one was certain, but many were confident. A Kandra. Harmony's own Angels. Of course, if there was a Kandra aboard, it wasn't a nice one, and so not only did resource scarcity play a role in voting, but also discussing who everyone throught the murderer, Kandra, or both were. had raised suspion on one person, while others had decided to vote on others.

Right now, however, the person had voted for was in the lead, and wished, with all his heart, that the man wasn't innocent, for if he was, was a murderer as bad as the real one. It meant that he had condemned an innocent man to die. hoped it wasn't so.

"Move. Just keep moving," thought Liseran as she continued to walk through the crammed corridors of the Pride of Terris. She did not care for the enclosed spaces, nor for the smells brought by having so many people stuffed into them.

Maybe it would all be over soon. If they did not discover the threat, she could easily be killed. Liseran saw how people looked at her as she passed. Those stares told her it might not even be the threat that got to her.

Movement in a dark shadow caught her eye and she reflexively twitched the end of one of her arm wraps. She felt the light, almost pink, purple cloth loosen, but it did not fall.

"Mouse," she muttered as she saw the small animal scamper down the hallway. She twitched the cloth again and it tightened. Then she noticed a man step out wearing a vibrant blue coat. It was one of the best colors she'd seen since appearing on the ship.

"Morning," she said. "Or evening. Whatever time it is. It's quite difficult to tell here."

------

Azure, I was working on this when you posted. I'm up for RPing, as noted in the last paragraphs. As a side note, I keep imagining your character wearing a Guy Fawkes mask.

Edited by Amber Vulture
Spelling

Magenta albatross Amber Vulture

My main point of suspicion on on Albatross was how people seemed to be quickly rallying to his suspicion. Vulture on the other hand is the main person that came to his defense, and has constantly been highlighting how Magenta's flip would affect his own alignment, which looks like an elim trying to cover his behind, especially if magenta is village.

54 minutes ago, Amber Vulture said:

, I keep imagining your character wearing a Guy Fox mask.

Haha, that's fine I guess. :lol: I kept imagining him without a mask but it doesn't really matter.

saw the woman and stepped out to greet her. He saw her twitch and hoped he didn't accidentally scare her. She greeted him first, not knowing whether it was evening or morning. didn't know either.

"Yeah, last I checked, I think the lights dim in a couple hours, so that would be evening." He smiled politely, before cocking his head and hearing someone shout from the front of the ship that they'd voted for the woman he was speaking to, who paled at hearing her name in the vote.

"Huh," said. "I guess you're not exactly the most popular person out there, are you?" He folded his coat over himself again. So cold. It would be even colder for whoever got thrown out if the airlock, though, so he felt grateful his name wasn't being called out. Times were tense, and when the lights dimmed, who would be taken?

Edited by Azure Mouse
Grammar

Denesta Vreaux shoved her mat of straps into the small air duct, hoping that no one would find it. Her joints would not enjoy another night on the metal floor. She headed out of the common room, muttering something about fresh air in case anyone cared to wonder where she was going.

‘Fresh air’ was lie. The recyclers were closest to the common room, and so the air ducts sent the best air into there. The further she got from the centre of the Pride, the dizzier she would feel as the air turned stale.

Denesta had heard from another refugee that there were parts of the ship completely without air now. The storage cells sat deep in the hull, far from living quarters, and so had been the first to lose oxygen supply. There might be food down there, but no one was willing to brave the dark bowels of the ship with nothing but a breathing hose and a torch.

Denesta shivered. There might have been people down there who had found the food supplies. They would have stuffed themselves full of supplies and gone to sleep happy, and then suffocated peacefully as the waves of carbon dioxide smothered them.

Denesta walked swiftly from the common room. She could almost hear the sardonic laughter in her head. I had no choice, she told herself over and over again. It was vote on that poor person, or get thrown out myself.

Everyone had heard the stories of long-distance freighters that stranded their crews for months. Nearly every time, the crew had succumbed to attacking each other. Sometimes it was violent, as told by the improvised weapons and the blood on the walls, and sometimes it was with resignation that the weak were culled, as the journals and log entries said. But it always happened.

She'd read many of those news stories, never thinking that she might one day be in their shoes. She knew what happened when food supplies were low and corpses lay fresh on the floor. Her stomach roiled at the thought.

Shouts echoed down the hallway from the common room. The person who was first to die was protesting louder and louder, their voice becoming panicked. Denesta gritted her teeth, clenched her metal fist, and tried to ignore the sounds.

She rounded a corner, and nearly collided with a pair of dark figures. Instincts made her jerk backwards, bringing up her metal arm to defend herself. The sharpened edge of her forearm glinted, but she recognised the people. The man in the blue coat, the potential Allomancer, and a woman. Denesta couldn’t remember the name. Lisabel? Lisern?

They glanced over at her, and Denesta lowered her arm. “Sorry,” she said. “I’m a bit on edge.”

It was a stupid statement, and she knew it. Who wasn’t on edge?

Denesta glanced behind her. “Look,” she said before they could dismiss her like the others had done back in the common room. “We need to stick together. We can survive through trust. All we need is for us and three others to make it through the next few days, and we’ll have enough food to last us until we can broadcast a distress signal. The others will turn on each other, but we can survive together.”

She watched their faces, anxious. It was stupid to trust strangers, especially strangers that were meeting in the dark. But if they were making an alliance now, she would want to get in on it, even if it was forced. She didn’t want to be left on the outside without allies. The weak and lonely were the first that predators, both human and not, would turn to.

They’re just as desperate as me, she told herself. They know safety in numbers, don’t they?

34 minutes ago, Melon Dingo said:

Magenta albatross Amber Vulture

My main point of suspicion on on Albatross was how people seemed to be quickly rallying to his suspicion. Vulture on the other hand is the main person that came to his defense, and has constantly been highlighting how Magenta's flip would affect his own alignment, which looks like an elim trying to cover his behind, especially if magenta is village.

I kind of put myself in a catch 22 situation by siding with Magenta that first time regarding the Ivory lynch. As I said, that was mostly a useful segue into a conclusion I had reached prior to even reading those posts.

That one post had a few people tying my alignment to Magenta's. I knew it, too, which is why I've mentioned it. That one sentence could effectively mean my death no matter how they flipped. It's a catch 22 for me, for if Magenta is village, I will be seen as having tried to pocket them at first. If I stuck with the sinking ship (as I apparently have chosen to do despite my best judgemet), people will say I am an elim trying to appear as a helpful villager by trying to protect a village. On the other hand if they're elim, people will say I was an eliminator trying to waylay suspicion before it grew too much. If I had stopped my defense and they were elim, people will say I was trying to distance myself from the sinking ship.

Any way it goes, I'm dead because of one statement. I just decided to roll with it, because I didn't really have any other option.

-----------

14 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:

Haha, that's fine I guess. :lol: I kept imagining him without a mask but it doesn't really matter.

saw the woman and stepped out to greet her. He saw her twitch and hoped he didn't accidentally scare her. She greeted him first, not knowing whether it was evening or morning. didn't know either.

"Yeah, last I checked, I think the lights dim in a couple hours, so that would be evening." He smiled politely, before cocking his head and hearing someone shout from the front of the ship that they'd voted for the woman he was speaking to, who paled at hearing her name in the vote.

"Huh," said. "I guess you're not exactly the most popular person out there, are you?" He folded his coat over himself again. So cold. It would be even colder for whoever got thrown out if the airlock, though, so he felt grateful his name wasn't being called out. Times were tense, and when the lights dimmed, who would be taken?

"Not really, no," Liseran said, relaxing slightly. "I was trying to help, but it seems I've made a mess of things."

Never again would she attempt to help a stranger, if this was how much actions were greeted in the part of the Cosmere. If she died here, on this colorless hunk of metal...

No, she couldn't think of that. She couldn't resign herself to that date yet. She still had a mission.

"Noticed you've pretty well stayed out of things," Liseran said, nodding toward the man in the brilliantly blue coat. "Though I did hear some whispers earlier. How did you avoid the attention, if you don't mind my asking?"

----

EDIT: Ninja'd by a new RP, so I'm joining in.

----

"Oh, hello," said Liseran as she noticed a woman with a metal arm. She eyed the woman suspiciously. Could she be trusted? Liseran had to take precautions, but being alone on this ship sounded about as appealing as a day spent with "gods".

Only one thing could help her live just a while longer. Allies. So she held out a hand to the woman, offering it up as a gesture of good faith.

Edited by Amber Vulture
Added my character's name... I keep forgetting it

Current Vote Count:

Amber Vulture (1): Melon Dingo,

Coral Swan (1): Amethyst Scorpion,

Cream Tuatara (3): Amber Vulture, Indigo Weasel, Magenta Albatross,

Indigo Weasel (2): Coral Swan, Fuchsia Ostrich,

Magenta Albatross (4): Azure Mouse, Cream Tuatara, Emerald Falcon, Mauve Crocodile

Let me know if I've miscounted something.

RP

listened to the woman, the one some were voting against. She said she had just wanted to help. could relate to that feeling, but his empathy was not was needed right now. It was his bravery, his ability to do his duty even when the odds forbade it. Unfortunately, had no such bravery. He just survived. 

Religions. was a Survivorist himself, though he was specifically an Alternative Survivorist. One who believed Kelsier was holy and had died for hope, but also didn't believe he was still alive. In V's life, the Survivor was important. But nobody lived forever. Not even gods.

The woman was talking to asked how he managed to avoid attention. He replied that he always observed more than he talked, that keeping a keen eye was what led to avoid too much unwanted attention. It was all true, but had excluded the real reason. He had been trained all his life not to attract too much attention.

had been raised by his grandfather, the only successful man in his line, and wouldn't let anyone forget it. V's father must have been sick of it, because he left to who-knows-where and left to be raised by his grandfather. His grandfather, being a perfectionist, didn't want anyone to know that while he'd succeeded in business he'd failed in raising a son, and so he pretended he never had any, which meant pretending didn't exist either. He'd always been taught not to get too much attention. And when had gotten a job he let his grandfather too.

He was interrupted in his train of thought as a familiar figure strode down the hall. It was the lady with the bionic arm, and in worry she pointed it at the two of them, it's tip now sharpened. The lady proposed to make an alliance, said that with some more people the crew had a fighting chance to live. stood up, masking his face of any emotion. He was about to say something when the woman he was talking to took the other lady's hand, signalling their alliance.

They both looked at expectantly, who just stood there, silently, calculating the pros and cons, whether giving his trust to two strangers was a smart move or a stupid impulse by his emotions.

Finally, after what seemed like a long time, V silently nodded in agreement. The three of them were allianced. He just hoped none of them were the Kandra he got nightmares of each time he slept...

Edited by Azure Mouse

10 minutes ago, Seonid said:

Current Vote Count:

Amber Vulture (1): Melon Dingo,

Coral Swan (1): Amethyst Scorpion,

Cream Tuatara (3): Amber Vulture, Indigo Weasel, Magenta Albatross,

Indigo Weasel (2): Coral Swan, Fuchsia Ostrich,

Magenta Albatross (4): Azure Mouse, Cream Tuatara, Emerald Falcon, Mauve Crocodile

Let me know if I've miscounted something.

I believe Swan removed his vote from Weasel here:

17 hours ago, Coral Swan said:

Swan recalls staying in character for most of this thread so far, but does not understand whatever this RP thing is. Why be someone else when one can be the Swan?

You know, I've always been a fan of Weasels myself. I hope our relations will not sour anymore after this. 

It is the first day upon this new refuge, so I am fairly sure that most votes will appear to be like that.

Two new pages for me to wake up to. Noice. I like the activity this game :]

Glancing at the vote count, the two main candidates for the lynch look to be Tuatara and Albatross.

Coral Swan. No use having my vote lie there.

I think the Tuatara votes are slightly ridiculous, given the reasoning. But then again, I don't quite agree with the Albatross lynch as I've repeated a number of times already. The playstyle seems normal given who the player behind the account is.

I'd place my vote on Tuatara, but I'm not sure if I want a tie. It'd be great if there's a toss and only one player dies, though I wouldn't want two players to get lynched. 

Thoughts?