Mid-Range Game 30/Anonymous Game 2: - Scadrian Black Ops

Seonid

MR30: Cycle 5

Day broke, and eight souls remained aboard the Pride of Terris. At least one was a killer. Close to completion of a great work.

One of the souls was a Swan. The Swan had, in its mind, said enough to the others. So the Swan said nothing when three members of the crew stood up and claimed to be cops. The Swan said nothing when the cops, with a few others, dragged the Swan to the airlock. And the Swan said nothing, except a few bars of Mongolian throat-singing, as it was tossed into the vast, cold emptiness of space.

One of the souls was a Dingo. During the night, nobody saw or heard as its soul was extinguished, but everyone found the corpse, suspended from the ceiling above the old stewpot where Bailey used to cook.

Neither soul was a killer.

Day broke, and six souls remained aboard the Pride of Terris. At least one was a killer. Closer to completion of a great work.

You can thank Coral Swan for suggesting the idea of Mongolian throat-singing, even if that’s not strictly a thing on Scadrial :P 

---------------------------------------------------

Vote Count:

Amber Vulture (1): Amethyst Scorpion,

Amethyst Scorpion (2): Amber Vulture, Melon Dingo,

Coral Swan (4): Azure Mouse, Cream Tuatara, Indigo Weasel,

Melon Dingo has been killed! They were a Refugee!

Coral Swan was lynched! They were a Refugee!

Cycle 5 has started! It will end in roughly 48 hours.

ora_1532073600.png

Spoiler

Reminder: Rules for Anonymous Accounts:

At the start of the game, you will be issued an anonymous account. There are a number of rules associated with the use of an Anonymous Account. Please follow them carefully. Given the potential for abuse of Anonymous Accounts, any rule breaking using the accounts will be dealt with harshly.
1) Do not change the password of the anonymous account you are issued. Orlok, Fifth and I will have access to all anonymous accounts for the duration of the game.
2) Do not use the anonymous accounts to PM any non-anonymous account, other than the accounts of the GMs. Please do not use your normal accounts to PM anonymous accounts.
3) Do not change anything cosmetic about the accounts, including member title, username, signature, and avatar.

4) Do no reveal your own identity or explicitly claim to be another player

Edited by Seonid

I believe we know who the elims are:

Indigo

Amethyst

Amber

You guys have some explaining to do. You are the only three left apart from Me, Tuatara and Mauve, and since we clear ourselves, it's clear who's left. Now, it's not a question of who's an elim, it's a question of who's getting lynched first.

Edited by Azure Mouse

22 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:

Indigo

Amethyst

Amber

You guys have some explaining to do. You are the only three left apart from Me, Tuatara and Mauve, and since we clear ourselves, it's clear who's left. Now, it's not a question of who's an elim, it's a question of who's getting lynched first.

Is this some kind of joke?

We trusted you, and not only did you lead us in a lynch against an innocent, but you silence your most vocal critic?

I'm gutted I fell for it.

Congratulations on your win guys.

13 minutes ago, Amber Vulture said:

We trusted you, and not only did you lead us in a lynch against an innocent, but you silence your most vocal critic?

The only joke I see here is you keeping up your innocent charade. Believe me, I didn't think you were an elim either, but the fact that you're mentioning that my most vocal critic dead as an argument against me proves that you killed him so that you could have grounds to frame me. Well, too bad. Mauve, Tuatara and I know that if you all aren't elims, some of you are.

Azure Mouse 

@Azure Mouse Okay. Yes. Indigo, Amber and I are indeed elims. And we're all going to vote on you this cycle and then use our beloved vote manip to steer the lynch in our favour. You've already lost. HAHAHAHAHA

- - - - 

no. Joking. I couldn't resist. (My vote stays however). Tho assuming there *are* 3 elims left, there's no real harm in them claiming now. So, elims, wanna claim? Twould be fun

All it proves is that the one person who thought it was a bad idea to trust you guys ended up dead, and then you went and lynched someone who had all but admitted to being a refugee. The way they jumped onto Falcon's mistake about wincons, there wasn't anything else Swan could be.

Azure Mouse. I know it's pointless, but may as well play the game, right?

Edited by Amber Vulture

Yeah, it would be great if the elims could step forward. You know what, I'm half convinced that it may just be one elim who's been messing with us.

Amethyst Scorpion. Yes, it's partially because you voted for me, partially for other reasons. You've started the vote on me, you seem eager to get rid of another villager. Ivory accused you of being an elim and distancing yourself from your partners. Whether you have partners, I do not know, but the way you responded (quickly saying it wasn't you, then saying you'd check in on me and Tuatara) showed you cared about self-preservation, and since you clearly didn't update any thoughts on me and Tuatara, its proven that you said that mainly to shift the focus on two suspected villagers.

Anyway, I guess it doesn't matter now. Your partners can vote for me, and mine will vote for you. We'll see what a tie does, assuming you guys don't use your vote manip.

Edited by Azure Mouse

Dunno. Might RP though.

~~~~~~RP:~~~~~

V stared at the three from across the ship. They'd made sides, each group having half the ship, accusing the other. V had sat with Denesta and another person, while he watched the lady he'd talked to earlier - Liseran, side with another two people, one of which reminded V of a scorpion. V had put his vote on that person.

A killer was among them. V tossed the EIB badge he had up and down, flicking it in the air and catching it. It had to be one of the three. It had to be. V felt Liseran had been genuine enough to not vote her out the airlock, and the other person hadn't woken up yet, so V's vote rested solely on the person that reminded V of a scorpion, who he referred to in his mind as the scorpion person.

They, and Liseran, had voted for V. It didn't matter. V knew in his heart he wasn't the killer, and he had to stand his ground. This was the first time V had been in threat of being thrown out the airlock, but oddly, V didn't feel as scared anymore. Pride of Terris would reach Scadrial soon, the worst had come and gone, V and his crew were now dealing with the tail of the storm. The killer would either be found or not, but V was convinced in his judgement.

1 hour ago, Azure Mouse said:

Yeah, it would be great if the elims could step forward. You know what, I'm half convinced that it may just be one elim who's been messing with us.

Amethyst Scorpion. Yes, it's partially because you voted for me, partially for other reasons. You've started the vote on me, you seem eager to get rid of another villager. Ivory accused you of being an elim and distancing yourself from your partners. Whether you have partners, I do not know, but the way you responded (quickly saying it wasn't you, then saying you'd check in on me and Tuatara) showed you cared about self-preservation, and since you clearly didn't update any thoughts on me and Tuatara, its proven that you said that mainly to shift the focus on two suspected villagers.

Anyway, I guess it doesn't matter now. Your partners can vote for me, and mine will vote for you. We'll see what a tie does, assuming you guys don't use your vote manip.

Genuinely, are you being serious here? This looks like you are still playing, still trying to find an elim, so am I wrong about you three being the elim team and trolling us last cycle?

If so, why the vote for Swan? That really made no sense.

8 minutes ago, Amber Vulture said:

Genuinely, are you being serious here? This looks like you are still playing, still trying to find an elim, so am I wrong about you three being the elim team and trolling us last cycle?

If so, why the vote for Swan? That really made no sense.

Look, I'm paranoid. No, I'm not an elim, but I guess it won't matter what I say. Anyway, I seriously thought Swan was an elim, it seemed clear to me. They were on my suspected elim list next to Melon and Indigo, but Melon's dead, and I'm changing my mind about Indigo as I'm reading his past posts. That's also why Amethyst has my vote. When Amethyst dies and we don't win or he's not an elim, Weasel's next.

The fact that Melon nor Swan was an Informant suggests to me there might not be any, or it might suggest one of you three are an informant, and the rest are elims. I don't know, but I'm working in self-preservation here.

Edit: Also, the dead/spec doc probably looks really cool! Look forward to reading it.

Edited by Azure Mouse

Ugh, I had some things come up and wasn't able to get my main vote in before rollover. However, I was able to get my secondary vote in: in addition to being a EIB agent (i.e. Tineye) I also have a spike which grants me the powers of a Rioter, which allows me to add an extra vote onto anyone. That's the vote manipulation that has been happening, and in the interest of full disclosure for any Villagers who might still be alive, Azure, Tuatara, and I agreed to reveal that. Hopefully the Elims will be just as honest and tell us who they are.

2 hours ago, Azure Mouse said:

You know what, I'm half convinced that it may just be one elim who's been messing with us.

I will be annoyed, impressed, and amused if this is the case.

59 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:

Edit: Also, the dead/spec doc probably looks really cool! Look forward to reading it.

The term that sprang to mind for me was "mildly irritated", given the fact that we have a 100% record of lynching Villagers.

I think that decent evidence that we're not Elims is that the game is not over. It is possible that the Elims have to outnumber the Village, but if that's the case and I'm an Elim it wouldn't matter, because I have the extra vote. It's a reasonable assumption that there isn't any other vote manipulation, unless someone else hasn't used theirs all game. If I was an Elim in this checkmate situation, I wouldn't perpetuate it this long. That's just unsportsmanlike.

For the reasons that Azure has given, and because I don't want to miss my vote again, Amethyst Scorpion.

4 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

I think that decent evidence that we're not Elims is that the game is not over. It is possible that the Elims have to outnumber the Village, but if that's the case and I'm an Elim it wouldn't matter, because I have the extra vote. It's a reasonable assumption that there isn't any other vote manipulation, unless someone else hasn't used theirs all game. If I was an Elim in this checkmate situation, I wouldn't perpetuate it this long. That's just unsportsmanlike.

Well, that clears up the vote manipulation.

The game wouldn't be over if you were all elims, and were looking for the final informant. Well, it would, as in there would be nothing we could do to stop you, but you wouldn't have won yet.

Honestly though, I'm no longer sure what's going on. I was willing to trust you last cycle, only for more innocents to die. Mouse was sure there were three elims, but has changed that to one.

I do think though, that you nor Mouse would be acting the way you are if you were elims, so either we give up now, or continue to trust you and hope you get it right. Still thinking though, so not moving my vote just yet.

4 hours ago, Azure Mouse said:

Indigo

Amethyst

Amber

Alright, first off, I cannot speak for Amethyst or Amber, but I am willing to try to provide proof as to my alignment as village. It comes from D1, when Magenta albatross said:

Coral Swan, so I don't die.  If anyone else wants me to not die, please help me take refuge from these voters and vote for swan.

I nearly immediately responded with

@Magenta Albatross, I see what you're getting at, and i would love to assist you in your predicament, but I haven't yet analyzed Coral Swan's posts

I responded with the italics over predicament, as an acknowledgement that I knew he was refugee. Which he was. I knew exactly what he was getting at.

Back to the subject at hand:

3 hours ago, Amber Vulture said:

Amber is obviously acting confused, so either they are acting, or they are actually confused.

3 hours ago, Azure Mouse said:

From what I'm getting from Azure mouse's posts, it seems they have a resolute "I've been duped" tone in their posts.

3 hours ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Azure Mouse 

@Azure Mouse Okay. Yes. Indigo, Amber and I are indeed elims. And we're all going to vote on you this cycle and then use our beloved vote manip to steer the lynch in our favour. You've already lost. HAHAHAHAHA

- - - - 

no. Joking. I couldn't resist. (My vote stays however). Tho assuming there *are* 3 elims left, there's no real harm in them claiming now. So, elims, wanna claim? Twould be fun

3 hours ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

...Where the kandra at tho

Edit: it's funny you say that Azure bc the 'partner' Ivory was accusing me of distancing from was none other than you

The tone I'm getting from Amethyst's posts doesn't seem to be so surprised or confused, even if they did put some words in the post to suggest that. But then again, when you are writing, and reading as opposed to speaking and listening, it's very difficult to judge tone.

Now, let's discuss Win conditions and game mechanics. Assuming a 3 person elim team, we can now know for certain that their wincon is not parity. It would have to be outnumber, or kill all informants.(If that hasn't been done yet)

Next, assuming that Azure and Mauve are on the Elim team, that means that Tuatara is also on the elim team. There is no way they would have invited Tuatara into the doc, unless it was legitimately an EIB agent doc, and not an elim doc. Tuatara would get to read it from the beginning, and changing the doc just for Tuatara seems like it would be skirting the rules. I find the three person elim team unlikely anymore.

Assuming a 2 person elim team, then we have one more cycle until parity. That means we have to catch them now. Azure, and Mauve, and tuatara are most likely cleared if that is the case, which leaves me, Amber, and Amethyst. I've already cleared myself (IMO) so that leaves Amber and Amethyst working together.

Then there's the vote Manip. Assuming it's intrinsic, that only leaves Azure as the culprit. But there's also the possibility that they've been trying to frame azure, and it's someone else's action.

Now, we also have to consider the possibility of a kandra still running around, like Amethyst mentioned.  "...where the kandra at tho?"

If there is a Kandra running around, I believe it might be residing in Azure this turn. Something about his RP seemed like it had a slightly different tone of voice @Azure Mouse If you are not the Kandra, what does the V mean? I'm about 99.5% sure I know who your main account is, and revealing what the V means would prove to me that you are still who you say you are. (unless other people also know what the V means. Please, no one disclose it until after Azure has responded though. But after they respond, let me know if you also knew, so that I can see if it is a valid test.)

I don't think the Kandra is working alone, and I will have to look into who is the accomplice.

For now, though, Azure mouse. I want to put a more educated vote, later in the cycle. It could be azure again, but I don't want to incriminate them yet.

Edit:Ninja'd by Mauve, and Amber. My page didn't notify me of your posts. Some things in this post are no longer valid speculations.

Edited by Indigo Weasel

Oh right I see I was reading Magenta Albatross as Mauve Crocodile and got really confused *facepalm

Darn these usernames 

Edit: if anybody wants proof of my village-ness, how about the fact that I stated the village win con? 

but well. I guess the only two possibilities left are these:

1) Tuatara, Mauve, and Azure are lying and are the elims

2) Amber is the only elim 

This doesn't look good. 

Edited by Amethyst Scorpion

Well I'm getting increasingly suspicious of the Agent trio. You said you didn't know who the last informant was in the post you claimed, Tuatara. And along with that you said your job is to protect them. Doesn't that seem like a plan to get the last informant to claim to you? I don't know, but I can see the elims doing it. But it's just very very very tinfoil that gah I don't know

As for the second possibility I listed in my previous post: I think it would be fair for there to be only one elim, but with the wincon to kill all informants instead of trying to outnumber the village. So uh. If this is really the case and Amber really *is* evil, I think I know who the last informant is. ;)

Now. Hm. To change vote to Amber or not to change my vote to Amber.

Edit: ya know what I'll just go ahead with it Azure mouse Amber Vulture

Edited by Amethyst Scorpion

Scorpion has a point about the wincon. He did come out with it in the thread, where Weasel italicised a word, and is only now claiming that it meant he understood what Albatross was trying to say. That does suggest to me that Scorpion knew what he was talking about, and is likely a refugee. Weasel's response at the time could have meant anything. So, Azure Mouse, Indigo Weasel.

22 minutes ago, Amber Vulture said:

Scorpion has a point about the wincon. He did come out with it in the thread, where Weasel italicised a word, and is only now claiming that it meant he understood what Albatross was trying to say. That does suggest to me that Scorpion knew what he was talking about, and is likely a refugee. Weasel's response at the time could have meant anything. So, Azure Mouse, Indigo Weasel.

I know that I'm just entering IKYK, but I actually claimed that I knew what he meant the very next day.

It's worth noting that I did react to him directly, and indirectly responded to his claim. Look back at my post and I italicized a word, as a response to his italicized word.

I also think the best analysis of the happenings of the end of C1 was Coral Swan's post. Below is an excerpt.

The RP distinction is also important, for two reasons. One is to remind everyone that Swan is still in character thank you very much and the other is because the RP setting is such that one could refer to refugees without implicating that it is the default village role. If I was awake during the end of C1, I likely would have done something similar to Weasel, who I'm willing to soft-clear seeing as they react very clearly and quickly to Albatross' name drop. Tis only a soft clear though, no-one go trusting them or anything now. Obviously, there's likely more people that knew that refugee was the default role but weren't willing to name-drop either through not thinking of it (which is fair) or not willing to name-drop and potentially be really obvious (also very fair). However now that a refugee has died, no-one needs to worry about that stuff anymore. 

Also of note is that the refuge tracker was indeed just tracking the word refuge, to include both refuge and refugee. Otherwise my hints wouldn't really be in there, 'cause I was saying stuff like 'let's make this a nice refuge' and all which just sounds weird outside of it being a reference to the role. The tracker shall now be discontinued, but I just want everyone to read it or maybe even go over C1 again trying to look for more interpretations of various posts. 

For example, this puts the bandwagoning that nearly started near the end of the cycle in a different light. For Weasel, it no longer looks like he was randomly trusting Albatross by trying to kill someone else, but was instead reacting to the refugee implication so could trust him more clearly and openly. All in all, it's fair for Weasel. Also means that the elims aren't likely to kill him because Weasel is a default role most likely. Or the other option is indeed that they are an Elim and their win condition is to kill or outnumber the refugees so knows the role from that. Soft-clear, folks.

In hindsight, I wish I could have gone over Swan's posts again. C2, he seems very village. I just didn't have time yesterday evening(for me) to do a full analysis, so I decided to trust Cream Tuatara, and vote for Coral Swan with him.

On to my other thoughts. Originally, I wanted to lynch Scorpion, but he does bring up a good point. He is the one who discussed the village win condition, and essentially got it correct, so now I'm at a loss there.