Mid-Range Game 30/Anonymous Game 2: - Scadrian Black Ops

Seonid

Just now, Melon Dingo said:

I think it's ok, so long as we don't reveal ourselves, but honestly, not knowing is half of the fun, so I'd prefer it if you didn't tell us :P

Ok, I won't go into that, but I'm about 95% sure that Azure ISN'T Mr. Doctor.

They could be trying a similar strategy though. If I remember correctly, Mr. Doctor tried bussing straw late game by trying to start a lynch on him, which essentially cleared him of being Elim. (really really sneaky) Azure knows that they can't do the same, because it was just barely done. But maybe Azure tried bussing(for lack of a better term) himself. That's a good point.

I am going to keep my vote on Mauve for now, but that can change, and Azure is a strong candidate if it does change.

5 hours ago, Melon Dingo said:

Edit: While we're at it... @Amber Vulture You also say things like "his posts are off," but offer little in the way of evidence. What about my posts are off?

Good point. It is unfair of me to offer so little evidence beyond just a gut read. Melon Dingo.

1 hour ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

I'm starting to have this bad feeling that the elims already have everything figured out. Is this the last cycle? @Azure Mouse @Amber Vulture @Mauve Crocodile It's awfully quiet today. Azure, you were online not two hours ago. What's with the vote on yourself?  Are you trolling or smt?

We are awfully close to LyLo. 8 of us left, presumably 5 village, 3 elim. If we lynch a villager today we'll be down to 3 village, 3 elim. If the elims still have vote manipulation, village loses by next round.

If Ivory was right in their "sudden death" theory, and I'm right in assuming there's only one Fleeing Informant left, this very easily could be the last round. Elims have a one in five chance of killing the last informant, as we have a one in five chance of lynching them.

As for the lynch target, I think I will go with Amethyst Scorpion based on the evidence provided by Ivory last cycle, and the fact they were killed after having voted on Scorpion originally.

I'm going to vote on Coral Swan. Also, There is a reason that Azure and Mauve and I have been voting together. Mauve, Azure and I are in a doc together, which is why Mauve has save my life twice. Mauve and Azure are Elendel Investigation Bureau Agents, with the win condition to have at least one Fleeing Informant survive. They had a 1 time scan, which they used on me to add me to the doc. If they had scanned an elim it would have killed the player using the scan. We still don’t know who the last informant is, but presumably there is one since Mauve and Azure haven’t lost the game yet.

12 minutes ago, Cream Tuatara said:

I'm going to vote on Coral Swan. Also, There is a reason that Azure and Mauve and I have been voting together. Mauve, Azure and I are in a doc together, which is why Mauve has save my life twice. Mauve and Azure are Elendel Investigation Bureau Agents, with the win condition to have at least one Fleeing Informant survive. They had a 1 time scan, which they used on me to add me to the doc. If they had scanned an elim it would have killed the player using the scan. We still don’t know who the last informant is, but presumably there is one since Mauve and Azure haven’t lost the game yet.

Well, That makes things interesting. So that means you are now cleared? (according to you)

Isn't it possible that they won't know if they've lost until all wincons/losecons have been met?

I still don't know how I feel about the claim, and want to look into it more.

Edit:

1 minute ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Oh crap. That means the elims *are* hunting them down. And they also have the list of possible suspects greatly narrowed down now that you've claimed.

I don't know how I feel about this either. But you just pointed out something that if the elims didn't already know, they do now. I think I've seen that strategy among elims before. Point out something in thread, that they've realized, to make it seem like someone is accidentally giving them the idea.

Mauve Crocodile Amethyst Scorpion For now. Until I review the post some more

I find it odd that Tuatara would even reveal that information, except to save those two. But doing that, as Amethyst pointed out, just narrowed down the list of possible informants. So, now, once again, I have to look at Tuatara.

Edited by Indigo Weasel

18 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

I don't know how I feel about this either. But you just pointed out something that if the elims didn't already know, they do now. I think I've seen that strategy among elims before. Point out something in thread, that they've realized, to make it seem like someone is accidentally giving them the idea.

Why on earth would the elims not know. There's not much to realise ._. 

17 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

I guess you are right. I meant to say something closer to "sometimes Elims point out details about their own win condition, as if they are the village and don't want the rest of the village to be caught unawares, but really they are elim trying to gain trust."

1 hour ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Pff why pick me out of the three people Ivory suspected? Are you disregarding the fact that they removed their vote from me?

I'm not disregarding them taking the vote off, but I mostly attributed that to Ivory not liking the lynch on Penguin, so they joined one that was a viable counterlynch.

Also, if Tuatara's statement that the scan would have killed an elim is correct, then they're cleared. I'd like Azure or Mauve to confirm.

The claim doesn't just help elims, it greatly helps village. With those three cleared, we have a better chance at getting an elim with our lynch. For those of us who are village, it leaves four people to choose from, three of which are likely elim.

The claim was a smart move, because it gives us confirmed villagers for at least a couple of cycles. Elims can't kill all of them right away.

We decided it was worth revealing because there was a decent likelihood that one of us would get lynched. I was worried that if we didn't provide any details about our roles, the other villagers would just think we are elims. Also, there are still between 2 and 4 players that could be informants still. So it will take the elims a bit of luck, and they will have to choose between killing a group of confimed villagers or trying to get their win condition.

44 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Assuming this EIB Agent thing is correct, it takes two people out of the potential pool that could be a Fleeing Informant. Three if they accept Cream's insistence they don't know who the 'last' Fleeing Informant is, since that obviously makes it not him. There are only 8 of us left, so that cuts the pool almost in half.

There has already been speculation that the elims are hunting someone, someones, or something, as opposed to the usual 'kill/outnumber the village' wincon, and our wincon confirms it isn't the usual, so hunting the informants, or maybe the agents, does make sense. This makes me dubious about Cream's claim, since unless the elims have multiple objectives, it means the EIB Agents wincon is basically the same as ours, if worded differently.

Speaking of wording, I did get confirmation from Seonid that my plan to provide proof is not allowed :(

So no-one else thinks about it, and because I said I would say, my plan was to take part of the text from the initial PM, then rewrite it in such a way that any other refugee would be able to recognise. But that much paraphrasing isn't allowed. Shame, I thought it was a brilliant plan.

Anyways, that aside, if we get a mislynch tonight, it means the elims have won (assuming the speculated 3 players), so what better time to launch some kind of ploy that stops people looking at conveniently three players (speculated as the number in the elim team for this game)? It would be a ballsy move.

I do see one thing though, that suggests this is all wild fantasy in my mind. Has anyone ever heard of an elim team that all voted together for the entire game?

I'm still dubious, but this last fact makes me think I'm making it up. I'm going to continue to consider, reread old posts, so for now my vote stays where it is.

Edit: Quick clarification about the elims winning based on speculative numbers, not knowledge I don't have but may have implied I did.

Edited by Melon Dingo

Something I'm rather worried about is the account swapping. I'm beginning to think that Seonid is a big troll, but Azure and Mauve came up with a plan during the first cycle to potentially make us aware of any such shenanigans. It's by no means foolproof, but I would say that it is unlikely either of them was account swapped. It's possible the elim team has that ability but has been avoiding using it so they can spring a surprise at the end of the game.

I don't know how I feel about the whole thing. What if it's an Elim ploy? What are the odds that neither the agents or the vanillas have been able to pin a single elim by this time with so few players? Do they just keep choosing the same people that end up dying and getting lynched?

If it is true, then maybe azure, cream and Mauve can tell us which of us have also been cleared by not dying to their scans? That way we can know not to vote for them? Just don't confirm our role to us yet.

If it is true, then I would assume wincons are: refugee's: kill all elim faction's/other threats,

fleeing informants: IDK,

EIB Agents: Keep at least one fleeing informant alive,

Elims: kill all informants/outnumber(or parity) the villagers.

3 minutes ago, Cream Tuatara said:

Something I'm rather worried about is the account swapping. I'm beginning to think that Seonid is a big troll, but Azure and Mauve came up with a plan during the first cycle to potentially make us aware of any such shenanigans. It's by no means foolproof, but I would say that it is unlikely either of them was account swapped. It's possible the elim team has that ability but has been avoiding using it so they can spring a surprise at the end of the game.

That is concerning, as I have seen no evidence that anyone has been swapped.

But I do have my suspect list narrowed down:

• Amethyst Scorpion
  • Indigo Weasel
  • Coral Swan

Here's why: If Tuatara's claim is correct, Mauve Crocodile, Azure Mouse and Cream Tuatara are all cleared. I know I'm cleared, and Melon Dingo's effort to at least attempt to prove his village gives him a light-clear in my eyes.

That leaves me with the list above. I'm keeping my vote on Scorpion, as if there are only two elim team members, I believe he'd still be on that list.

Current vote count:

Amethyst Scorpion (3) - Amber Vulture, Indigo Weasel, Melon Dingo
Azure Mouse (1) - Azure Mouse
Coral Swan (1) - Cream Tuatara
Indigo Weasel (1) - Mauve Crocodile

If what you say the reason behind y'all voting together all these cycles is true @Cream Tuatara @Mauve Crocodile @Azure Mouse, then surely you must have a plan on who to lynch next? At the moment all three of you have your votes on different players. 

3 minutes ago, Amber Vulture said:

Amethyst Scorpion (3) - Amber Vulture, Indigo Weasel, Melon Dingo

Yikes cmon.

7 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

If it is true, then maybe azure, cream and Mauve can tell us which of us have also been cleared by not dying to their scans? That way we can know not to vote for them? Just don't confirm our role to us yet.

Cream said it was a one-time scan.

AHHHHHHH I don't know what to do anymore! So have they not used their scan yet?

Also, this would explain a little bit of why they would try to get people to vote for themselves.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:24 AM, Mauve Crocodile said:

The remaining players, for everyone's convenience:

• Amber Vulture
  • Amethyst Scorpion
  • Azure Mouse
  • Coral Swan
  • Cream Tuatara
  • Indigo Weasel
  • Mauve Crocodile
  • Melon Dingo

I'll also start the Cycle off by saying "Whoops", "[expletive deleted]", "[expletive deleted]", and that if people now suspect me for tipping the balance onto a Villager, I fully understand.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:38 AM, Azure Mouse said:

I'm going to thump on the head whoever's playing Itiah when I figure that out.:)

Anyway, it seems that after the elims have gotten (maybe) all of the Informants, they're now looking for active players helping the village to kill next, which probably means me, unfortunately.

Azure Mouse, because I honestly feel really guilty for causing so many mislynches. I might just die by the elims anyway, but if you want to vote on me, the option's there.

According to Tuatara, they win if they can keep one Fleeing informant alive. So at the beginning of the cycle, they tried to get people to vote for them, because if they die, but keep a fleeing informant alive, then they end up winning. (Possibly, depending on actual wincons, even if the Elims also win by reaching parity)

But for some reason, they've decided to stop their original plan, or something, or Tuatara ruined it. They must think we still have a chance. But I think in order for us to still have a chance, we are going to need the vote to go for one person, while the EIB agent's team sends in their scan this cycle. It gives us two chances to hit an elim, this cycle, which, depending on the number on the Elim team, might be the last cycle.