Mid-Range Game 30/Anonymous Game 2: - Scadrian Black Ops

Seonid

I’ll add my voice to the discussion on Emerald Falcon. I think that it’s pretty obvious that they’re not vanilla, and I thought that I’d expand on Azure’s theory. I think that it’s worth looking at, and I anticipate Falcon’s response.

8 hours ago, Azure Mouse said:

Sorry for the long wait. It seems that the main reason for Emerald to be lynched is that he said that his role would possibly put him as a target for elims or villagers, which is making people think that he may be aligned against the villagers. Personally, I agree with a lot of Ivory's post above. Emerald has become a bit suspicious in my eyes, especially since he clarified he wasn't neutral, which implies a third faction to me (even if he's the only one in it). He says he would be a target for either village or elim, which makes me think he could be a help/problem for either, but doesn't know which one.

My theory is that Emerald's role is reliant on another role, one he doesn't know the alignment of.

This is just speculation on my part, but I think it makes sense. Emerald may be part of a faction that wants to kill or protect a certain role. It may seem odd, but I think it makes sense if you see how it relates.

Imagine that Emerald is part of a faction that wants to kill the Kandra. He doesn't know whether the Kandra is village or elim, so depending on which it is he could be a target for the village or the elim. Makes sense? I think it does, though it doesn't necessarily have to be killing the Kandra. It could be protecting the Kandra, or killing another role, or protecting another role. What I'm saying is, it could be possible that his (or his faction's) win-con could be reliant on another role, but since he doesn't know the alignment of that other role, he doesn't know whether it would get him killed by the village or the elim.

Imagine: If his faction was called the Kanda-Hunters (just making up a name), and the elims had a Kandra, that would make him a target for the elims and not for the village. But if the village had a Kandra, that would make him a village target and not an elim one. Obviously, it doesn't have to be reliant on the Kandra, but any role, since we don't know the alignment of any of them, and (supposedly) neither would Emerald. I hope this makes sense, and it's my current theory, and proves why Emerald doesn't consider himself neutral (he could be in any faction, it depends on the role he's reliant on's faction, which he doesn't know), and why he won't reveal it. @Emerald Falcon, could you confirm? A confirmation wouldn't be dangerous to you, if my theory is correct.

Given what Azure has pointed out, I’m of the opinion that there may indeed be two Kandra on board. One would be Harmony-aligned, and the other would not be. Maybe Trell-aligned, or maybe just rogue. The rogue Kandra’s goal could be to escape, whereas the Harmony Kandra might be hunting the rogue one. That would be an interesting bit of irony, since the “evil” role is trying to escape while the “good” role is trying to kill.

That explanation is pretty flavourful in terms of the narrative of this game, and fits with what we’ve observed of Kandra in the books. It also makes sense in game terms:

The Kandra is the perfect lone-wolf role. While they don’t have a lot of direct power (i.e. inherent scanning or killing ability, since neither of these are quintessential Kandra abilities, whereas impersonation is), the role would imply a huge amount of utility and strategy through impersonation through bodysnatching. If the Elims had that power, it would be a massive benefit to confusing the Village, and the coordination potential is frankly unbalanced to the point of default win. Likewise, if the Village had that power, all it takes is for a Kandra to infiltrate the Elim doc and then have the names of every Elim to lynch at its pleasure. And that’s just the beginning of the manipulation that could be pulled.

It then makes sense that the power should be denied to both Village and Elims. It also fits with the story, because Harmony’s plan wouldn’t involve small disagreements like a dozen people trying to kill each other on a spaceship, and so his Kandra wouldn’t get involved.

The reason that the target could be a Kandra is because of the power of the Kandra role. That amount of utility would make the “survive until the end” or “kill X players” extremely easy. It makes sense that the goal of a powerful role is difficult in proportion to its power, and one that requires the Kandra to not be passive, which the rest of the abilities would imply. That also makes it more difficult for the rogue Kandra to survive until the end, because they’re also being hunted by something that’s at least as powerful as they are.

For those reasons, I think that if Emerald is a Kandra, they are neither Elim- nor Village-aligned. I do think that they are at threat from something, which makes me wonder if they are the rogue Kandra.

Another thought occurs: the serum that the Kandra have in Mistborn Era 2 can cause a Kandra to temporarily liquify, but will kill a human. That sounds like the perfect item to use in this sort of game. Perhaps the Harmony Kandra has some of this, which could justify strange deaths.

The Kandra may also have a set of spikes that they can swap out à la Paalm from Shadows of Self, which would give different abilities. Maybe swapping spikes prevents them from being able to bodysnatch for a Cycle, for balance reasons.

I realise that Emerald Falcon themselves first introduced the possibility of two Kandra here. I'm going to think on what that means, but take from that what you will.

1 hour ago, Melon Dingo said:

Anyway, mouse is the first one to talk sense in regard to non-village, non-elim roles. You should all listen to him.

This smells a bit of pocketing. I would prefer to hear what you think about Azure's theory, and whether you have anything to add.

1 hour ago, Melon Dingo said:

Also, any person looking to lynch falcon because of suspicions regarding his role should be looked at in detail. I'd do this myself, but I lack the time right now.

Why should they be looked into? The best information suggests that they're not a Vanilla, but they're not willing to divulge which. To the average Villager who wants to know more and doesn't have anything else to go on, a lynch with information is better than a blind one. And Emerald hasn't said that they're valuable to anyone.

I don't see why this makes them suspicious. Could you explain why you think that?

As an aside, if they're Elim, then their team probably isn't going to support them. And likewise if they're neutral, then they don't have a team to support them. So that's IKYK.

14 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

That would be an interesting bit of irony, since the “evil” role is trying to escape while the “good” role is trying to kill.

That would definitely be funny, like a little game of their own happening within the backdrop of our game.

7 hours ago, Azure Mouse said:

Sorry for the long wait. It seems that the main reason for Emerald to be lynched is that he said that his role would possibly put him as a target for elims or villagers, which is making people think that he may be aligned against the villagers. Personally, I agree with a lot of Ivory's post above. Emerald has become a bit suspicious in my eyes, especially since he clarified he wasn't neutral, which implies a third faction to me (even if he's the only one in it). He says he would be a target for either village or elim, which makes me think he could be a help/problem for either, but doesn't know which one.

My theory is that Emerald's role is reliant on another role, one he doesn't know the alignment of.

This is just speculation on my part, but I think it makes sense. Emerald may be part of a faction that wants to kill or protect a certain role. It may seem odd, but I think it makes sense if you see how it relates.

Imagine that Emerald is part of a faction that wants to kill the Kandra. He doesn't know whether the Kandra is village or elim, so depending on which it is he could be a target for the village or the elim. Makes sense? I think it does, though it doesn't necessarily have to be killing the Kandra. It could be protecting the Kandra, or killing another role, or protecting another role. What I'm saying is, it could be possible that his (or his faction's) win-con could be reliant on another role, but since he doesn't know the alignment of that other role, he doesn't know whether it would get him killed by the village or the elim.

Imagine: If his faction was called the Kanda-Hunters (just making up a name), and the elims had a Kandra, that would make him a target for the elims and not for the village. But if the village had a Kandra, that would make him a village target and not an elim one. Obviously, it doesn't have to be reliant on the Kandra, but any role, since we don't know the alignment of any of them, and (supposedly) neither would Emerald. I hope this makes sense, and it's my current theory, and proves why Emerald doesn't consider himself neutral (he could be in any faction, it depends on the role he's reliant on's faction, which he doesn't know), and why he won't reveal it. @Emerald Falcon, could you confirm? A confirmation wouldn't be dangerous to you, if my theory is correct.

Regardless, I don't think I'll vote yet until Emerald answers.

This has occured to me, yes.

If Falcon did not know which faction they were aligned with or against, this is the most likely explanation, I agree.  In that case, their win condition probably ties into another role, and that other role has an unknown alignment.  My one reservation here is that Falcon said they aren't neutral, which implies that their win condition doesn't just hurt another faction, but is in fact mutually exclusive with another faction.

The alternative is that Falcon does know what faction they are aligned with, but still does not wish to reveal that information because it would still result in their certain death (this is also consistent with what Falcon has told us).

I figure it could plausibly be either.  A few observations on this:

• Falcon has decided not to describe their role, even though they are basically resigned to being lynched.  I can only think of a few reasons for this:
    • Falcon has the ability to survive the lynch, so they are still trying to win.  This raises the question of what kind of role can survive a lynch.
    • Falcon's win condition does not depend on their survival, so they are still trying to win.  This suggests that you are correct, and Falcon's win condition is indeed contingent upon the survival or death of another player, or something along those lines.  It also suggests that if people knew what the win condition was, it would be less likely to happen.
    • Falcon is an obviously evil role (possibly an eliminator; that can't be ruled out from what Falcon has told us so far), who is basically resigned to being dying, but who refuses to just give up and out themselves.  That is respectable; I would probably be doing the same thing in their place.
  • There are only 14 players in this game.  And, as far as we can tell, only one night kill in effect.  I personally do not expect more than 2 third party roles in a game of this size, although I could be totally mistaken on that count.
  • I like how you are thinking with the Kandra-Hunters.  I will point out that Kandra-Hunters as a faction name does not quite exhibit the properties Falcon described to us, though.  Falcon was very sure that if they told us the faction name, they would be killed.  In the case of Kandra-Hunters, Falcon would totally be dead if the kandra was an elim.  But if the kandra was a villager, I personally would have no way of knowing that, and would have no reason to lynch Falcon.
  • We could try waiting and seeing if the eliminators put in a kill on Falcon, for similar reasons as we might choose to lynch Falcon.  Thing is, we have no guarantee that the eliminators wouldn't try the same thing on us.  Also, that strategy would be a disaster if Falcon is an eliminator, which I'm not ruling out.

So yeah.  I'd be sorry to lynch a role we did not need to lynch, but I suppose that's always going to be true for any lynch that doesn't involve an outed elim.  Weighing all the factors I still definitely believe the best course of action is lynching Falcon (sorry friend).

And I think I've covered why in enough detail now, so have some RP.

"We are out of stew," Bailey said mournfully.  "Nothing for it.  I'm volunteering to go into the storage room, find some more supplies."

Some of the refugees murmered at this.  Surprise.  Concern.  Maybe a bit of derision.

"Yeah, I know there's no breathable air over there," he said to the lot of them.  "That's why I brought these."

He held up a handful of small metal coins, one part nicrosil, one part cadmium.  They were clearly labeled "O2" on one side, and stamped with the Kasheron station logo on the other.

"Nabbed 'em from an emergency kit.  Good sort of thing to keep on hand in space, ya know?  Should last for about an hour apiece.  Any volunteers want to come with?"

32 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

This smells a bit of pocketing. I would prefer to hear what you think about Azure's theory, and whether you have anything to add.

Some if my earlier posts should shed light on why I think azure's post is good. I'm certainly not going to spoon-feed that info to you if you haven't picked up on that yet.

Edit: apologies, this sounded harsher than intended. I thought you where scorpion, with whom I had a discussion earlier today that made my position rather clear, so this accusation seemed really odd and reaching.

Why should they be looked into? The best information suggests that they're not a Vanilla, but they're not willing to divulge which. To the average Villager who wants to know more and doesn't have anything else to go on, a lynch with information is better than a blind one. And Emerald hasn't said that they're valuable to anyone.

I don't see why this makes them suspicious. Could you explain why you think that?

A number of people seem to accept emeralds explanation of why they didn't know the village win-con, while still being willing to vote on them. Since the only additional info we'd get if emerald isn't lying is the name of his unaligned role, it's essentially a mislynch that won't even help much with identifying the real elims, as most people went in with the knowledge that falcon isn't an elim.

It's basically the perfect mislynch, as it neither hurts nor implicates the elims.

Edited by Melon Dingo

raised his hand to the person he'd heard was Bailey, accepting one of the unsealed cadmium-minds. wasn't a Ferring, but he'd still had experience with them.

"Okay, where's the storage room again?" He asked Bailey, who seemed to be the most relaxed person on this whole hauler.

Bailey happily handed one of the coins to the stranger.  He hadn't honestly expected anybody would volunteer.  He thought there was maybe enough oxygen for another person or two if they worked quickly.  Strength in numbers and all that.

"There's a few storage rooms scattered about.  Biggest one is aft lower-level of this place; that's probably the one we want.  Expect it to be dark, and expect to be holdin' your breath for a while.  Other than that, I really hope it's pretty straightforward.  We just grab the supplies we need and bring it back here so people can eat and whatnot."

Bailey wondered if there was anything else he was missing.

"You got a flashlight?  All I got is these," he admitted, holding up two emergency red glowsticks.

7 minutes ago, Melon Dingo said:
36 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Some if my earlier posts should shed light on why I think azure's post is good. I'm certainly not going to spoon-feed that info to you if you haven't picked up on that yet.

A number of people seem to accept emeralds explanation of why they didn't know the village win-con, while still being willing to vote on them. Since the only additional info we'd get if emerald isn't lying is the name of his unaligned role, it's essentially a mislynch that won't even help much with identifying the real elims, as most people went in with the knowledge that falcon isn't an elim.

It's basically the perfect mislynch, as it neither hurts nor implicates the elims.

That's all reasonable. Thanks for clearing that up. I agree about the mislynch potential, and that and my theory about the Kandra means that it's probably not worth lynching them until we know more. I think that they should just go on a watchlist.

Denesta lowered her hand as the man with the medallions looked at V before seeing that she was volunteering. She clenched and unclenched her metal fist. She wanted to be useful, not a drain on resources. She knew that the people who did nothing were the first to die. She didn't fear death as much as most people did, but she didn't want her death to mean nothing more than freeing up a few meals to feed people she didn't know. The exploration into the storage facilities could have proven her worth to the others.

Those medallions were useful, but wouldn't have enough air for three, and she didn't want to deprive V of his mission. But she wasn't entirely useless. She walked up to the pair as they started discussing logistics.

"I can wait at the hatch to the storage cabins," she said, nodding to V. She had to maintain this alliance, unsteady as it was. "You take one end of a rope down with you, and attach the crates to it. Give me a shout and I'll start hauling them up into the living quarters, then I'll throw the rope back down the hatch and wait." She might as well make use of this bionic. It was one of the few assets she had. "I thought that it would save oxygen if you didn't have to pull the crates up that ladder the entire way."

Out of Character: Denesta would ordinarily accompany the party down into the storage cabin, but I'm trying to fix my sleep cycle and so I won't be on to provide RP for ~9 hours, so a supporting role makes more sense for her. Feel free to make her do things in your RP while I'm gone. Also, it would be cool if one of the GMs says that we find something interesting down there...

Bailey nodded towards the stranger with the metal arm.  He figured there was probably enough oxygen for all three of them to go down there, but having somebody up top would be really useful.

"That sounds like a good idea," he said.  "Could use somebody to haul the supplies back up.  Air might be a bit stale up top, but still breathable.  Anyways, we'd best get heading aft, unless anybody else wants to join?"  He gestured towards the back of the hauler.  "Should be a hatch going down into the main storage block, a little bit before we would reach the engine room, I think.  Also, I don't think I caught either of your names? I'm Bailey."

Edited by Ivory Dragonfly

nodded to the woman with the metal arm, appreciating her help.

Answering Bailey's question:

"I do actually," he said, bringing out his flashlight. It had been useful with what he'd been doing on Kasheron. "It's small, but it'll work just fine. Got batteries for a couple hours, I think."

heard Bailey's second question as well, the one asking for people's names. V didn't like telling people his name, which was why he chose his pseudonym in day to day interactions. The funny thing was, was a part of his name. With context over the rest of his name, it actually meant '5', but since preferred the rest of his name anonymous, most people just called 'V', which was just fine with him.

"You can call me V," he said to Bailey. It felt good helping the ship out, even if everyone was out to kill each other. "I really really really hope we don't die down there." He said quietly to Bailey.

"Ah, good to know, V," Bailey nodded.  "I second that hope.  Dying would be bad."

Of coarse, if they didn't try to salvage more supplies, more people might eventually die of starvation.

"Alright, I think we have everything we need.  The hatch is this way."

Bailey walked to the far side of the room and entered a hallway.  It was darker out here.  Power was running on backup, and necessities like air filtration, heat exchange, water recycling, and adequate lighting were slowly being withdrawn to the core of the hauler where most of the people were situated.

Space was an incredibly hostile environment.  It was easy to forget that, with all the technology protecting them.

A flashlight flicked on.  Bailey navigated the hallways of the hauler, trying to make his way aft.  He didn't know exactly where the storage hatch was, but the hauler wasn't that big, and it should be in the vicinity of the engine.

"There," he said, pointing to an airtight hatch.  It was fixed at an angle, sloping towards the front of the vessel, and downwards into the hold.  He opened the hatch.  It was completely dark inside.

"Alright.  We should set up the ropes, maybe?  Beyond here, you'll want to hold your breath, and use the coin for oxygen."

nodded, taking a rope he'd found earlier and tying it to the top of the hatch, and then throwing it down into the darkness. So dark... hoped nothing evil was waiting for him and his partner down there. Clutching the coin to his palm and holding the flashlight in his mouth, slid down the rope, tapping the cadmium for breath.

Instantly, oxygen filled his lungs, though his body didn't know where it was coming from. As he finally reached the bottom of the shaft, he looked up to see a faint speck of light. Flickering on and off. Had he really dropped that far? Or had his mind been playing tricks on him? For a second felt vulnerable, and alone.

He'd almost believed his partner had abandoned him when Bailey came sliding down the rope, a red glowstick in each hand. He looked almost frightening in the harsh red glow. took his own blue flashlight from his mouth, whipping it around to get a look of his environment. This place was big.

"So, ever been in space before?" wasn't the best at small talk, but when you were alone and scared, talking to others helped that. "I bet this doesn't happen often, huh?" It felt weird taking without stopping to breathe, but got used it eventually. He made sure to move quickly, however. He didn't want to be stuck down here, in the darkness, suffocating alone. He shivered at the thought.

Last night, I managed to get a total of two hours sleep, so sorry, but I'll probably not be on much today.

I'm happy leaving my vote where it is. Even if it turns out Falcon isn't an elim, he has admitted to being of another faction, or something else that makes him stand out, so a lynch on him will provide more intel than another Refugee mislynch. Of course, if anyone has info suggesting a better lynch target, I'm willing to listen.

1 hour ago, Azure Mouse said:

nodded, taking a rope he'd found earlier and tying it to the top of the hatch, and then throwing it down into the darkness. So dark... hoped nothing evil was waiting for him and his partner down there. Clutching the coin to his palm and holding the flashlight in his mouth, slid down the rope, tapping the cadmium for breath.

Instantly, oxygen filled his lungs, though his body didn't know where it was coming from. As he finally reached the bottom of the shaft, he looked up to see a faint speck of light. Flickering on and off. Had he really dropped that far? Or had his mind been playing tricks on him? For a second felt vulnerable, and alone.

He'd almost believed his partner had abandoned him when Bailey came sliding down the rope, a red glowstick in each hand. He looked almost frightening in the harsh red glow. took his own blue flashlight from his mouth, whipping it around to get a look of his environment. This place was big.

"So, ever been in space before?" wasn't the best at small talk, but when you were alone and scared, talking to others helped that. "I bet this doesn't happen often, huh?" It felt weird taking without stopping to breathe, but got used it eventually. He made sure to move quickly, however. He didn't want to be stuck down here, in the darkness, suffocating alone. He shivered at the thought.

Bailey cracked his glowsticks, started tapping oxygen from a coin, and slid down the rope.  Swallowed up by the depths of the ship.

When he got to the bottom, V was there, flashlight on, asking whether he'd been in space.

"You could say that," he said drily. "I was born in space."

He paused, though not of any need to take a breath.

"Lived up here for a lot of my life, working on one craft or another," he added more pensively.  "Been about a year since I was on Scadrial proper.  Much longer than that and there's health issues," he continued, realizing he might be rambling a bit.  That could happen, when you didn't even need to stop to breathe.

"I've never seen anything like this happen before...  But, a lot can go wrong up here, I guess.  Something like a murderer in the crew, that's almost easier to deal with, you know?  A murderer is a human at least, or close enough to one.  Something you can understand, something you can maybe beat, if you're good enough.  You don't really ever beat that," he gestured expansively towards a viewport and the emptiness beyond it.  "You just live in spite of it, and make peace with the fact that a thin sheet of metal is all that stands between you and it."

Bailey shrugged a little.  No point in dwelling on this sort of thing for long.

"Anyhow, lets take a look at these boxes.  Might be something good in there."

"And hey, maybe if we find something good enough, the rest of everybody will be happy, and stop offing each other for a few seconds," he added cheerfully as he levered one of the boxes open.

OOC: Also, elims, if you are planning on killing me anytime soon, this RP could potentially lead to a fantastic death scene :lol: Definitely not baiting to draw out a kill or anything like that, nope, no siree

In no particular order, here is a sequence of my thoughts. First off, While I still don't trust Emerald Falcon, I do not feel comfortable voting for him any more, right now at least.

4 hours ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

We could try waiting and seeing if the eliminators put in a kill on Falcon, for similar reasons as we might choose to lynch Falcon.  Thing is, we have no guarantee that the eliminators wouldn't try the same thing on us.  Also, that strategy would be a disaster if Falcon is an eliminator, which I'm not ruling out.

I don't think it would be that disastrous. Assuming 3 elims with one elim kill, and one lynch, We would have 3 or 4 cycles to Lylo. (never actually calculated that before is that correct?)(Also assuming LyLo due to Elim majority) If we lose one cycle, by not voting for Emerald, we can see if Elims kill him, and if not, we can lynch him next cycle. I personally think that if we have more days to lylo than there are elims, then, we're set

21 hours ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Oooh. Very fascinating, this is. I agree with dragonfly that refugee is just a vanilla village, and the informant is a villager role, @Emerald Falcon what lead you to believe that these are two different factions? 

Emerald Falcon

Edit: the refugee (village) win con is, if it wasn't obvious already, to kill the elim faction(s)

21 hours ago, Coral Swan said:

What even is keeping information private

Ikr

21 hours ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

Subtlety has never really been my thing :P

Although, Scorpion, note that I said nothing about refugee being an unpowered role, just that refugee is the name of the village faction.

Whoopsie. Though because the write ups already mention us being aboard a ship filled with refugees, that's not a hard thing to guess. :P

I'm going to put my vot on Amethyst Scorpion  I don't like how he handled this situation.

Namely "I agree...that refugee is just a vanilla village." While he is correct, I think he should have said something more along the lines of "also attest" or something.

Amethyst stayed quiet D1, then jumped on a bandwagon(albeit, pretty convincing) relatively quickly D2, and other than that issue, has stayed quiet this cycle as well. @Amethyst Scorpion, What do you have to say for yourself?

I haven't analyzed your D1 yet, so give me a minute.......

Ok, so it turns out that most of it is response to game mechanic discussion, and most of that is NAI

D1, page 5

Coral Swan, This defensive vote seems a little too defensive and opportunistic. Idk.

Pretty sure Swan's vote was just a typical D1 vote, even if it was against me<_< But your's could also be seen as one as well.

D1, page 7

Coral Swan. No use having my vote lie there.

So you removed it 'just because,' and didn't put it on anyone else. Granted it wasn't affecting the lynch, as a lone vote, but still, why? If my calculations are correct, there were only 9 minutes before rollover, so it doesn't look like you were planning on casting another vote? Then of course you didn't

20 hours ago, Coral Swan said:

Emerald Falcon.

Being 'that guy' is always worth honestly. Wasn't the suspicious part of that post though, but it's pretty clear to me that Falcon is either third-party or an elim. In case they're a third-party, I'm not gonna that guy who goes after the neutrals because oh no they could help the elims or anything like that. Just gonna assume they're a helpful neutral and not gonna go on a killing spree or anything.

But if there is one, then ya know.

I'm sorry, but I think I missed the important part of the post then. Could you provide me some answers?

So that puts the updated vote count at:

Amber Vulture(2): Melon dingo, Coral Swan

Emerald Falcon(5): Coral Swan, Ivory Dragonfly, Amethyst Scorpion, Fuschia Ostrich, Indigo Weasel, Amber Vulture, Chartueuse Penguin.

Amethyst Scorpion(1): Indigo Weasel

Also, there's been a lot of RP in the last 12-16 hours, but less analysis. I really do enjoy the RP, and if I felt more comfortable doing it, I would, but can we get more analysis as well?

Edited by Indigo Weasel
ADDED INFO TO FIRST THOUGHT

8 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Also, there's been a lot of RP in the last 12-16 hours, but less analysis. I really do enjoy the RP, and if I felt more comfortable doing it, I would, but can we get more analysis as well?

I'm perfectly happy to offer analysis, but I believe I've already communicated most of what I think.  I will analyze further if and when new information is made available.

For example, could you clarify your case against Scorpion?  Not saying I particularly agree or disagree, I just don't follow.  You are saying they should have said "attest to" instead of "agree with"...?

6 minutes ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

For example, could you clarify your case against Scorpion?  Not saying I particularly agree or disagree, I just don't follow.  You are saying they should have said "attest to" instead of "agree with"...?

I don't really know if I can clarify. It Just feels off.

Plus I think it feels off that their voting was perfect time to be seen as a quick bandwagon vote.

Also, going into semantics,

Oooh. Very fascinating, this is. I agree with dragonfly that refugee is just a vanilla village, and the informant is a villager role, @Emerald Falcon what lead you to believe that these are two different factions? 

Emerald Falcon

Edit: the refugee (village) win con is, if it wasn't obvious already, to kill the elim faction(s)

The way he worded this is different from how it was worded in my PM. That's going to sound like a weak argument, because we can't copy/paste from the PM, but I think it's different enough, for me, to make it suspicious in my opinion.

Edit: don't know what happened with my quote box there.

Edited by Indigo Weasel

The wording in PM was a bit more generalized then "elims" and it used somewhat fancier language.  But I actually think Scorpion gave a fair enough summary that I would not suspect them for it.  I wouldn't clear them for it either, though.

Won't argue with a bad gut read, though.  I don't exactly have a gut read off Scorpion atm.

I did find something of interest, however.  Thanks for reminding me to read the win condition more carefully.  It conspicuously leaves the door open for something that wouldn't be possible in most games.  Anybody want to take a stab at guessing what?

1 hour ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

The wording in PM was a bit more generalized then "elims" and it used somewhat fancier language.  But I actually think Scorpion gave a fair enough summary that I would not suspect them for it.  I wouldn't clear them for it either, though.

Won't argue with a bad gut read, though.  I don't exactly have a gut read off Scorpion atm.

I did find something of interest, however.  Thanks for reminding me to read the win condition more carefully.  It conspicuously leaves the door open for something that wouldn't be possible in most games.  Anybody want to take a stab at guessing what?

I don't know ivory, I honestly don't I know that my role definitely shows something there. But I don't know if it's the same as yours, or what it means exactly.

Just so everyone knows, I will be active for about 5 more hours, then for the rest of the weekend, my activity level will drop significantly. So, while hopefully I will be able to post a couple times over the weekend, I will almost definitely not be doing any analysis deeper than the posts I'm tagged in, quoted in, are on the current page where I am, or are otherwise extremely important. basically Just reading or skimming

Edited by Indigo Weasel

2 hours ago, Indigo Weasel said:

@Amethyst Scorpion, What do you have to say for yourself?

What do I have to say for myself? Nothing, really. :P I don't quite get the accusation you're putting up against me. But thank you for the vote, I was getting rather bored with all the Falcon discussion. Regardless, I'll try to clear your suspicions as much as I can. 

Amethyst stayed quiet D1

I wouldn't say I stayed quiet. 13 posts is good enough, no? Most of the discussion took place while I was asleep. It ain't my fault I'm in a cremmy time-zone. :P

then jumped on a bandwagon(albeit, pretty convincing) relatively quickly D2

Depends on what you call a bandwagon? There were only two votes on Falcon before mine. And you can't really blame me for jumping at the opportunity. The section of Flacon's post that I quoted in the post I voted for them literally screamed I'm not a villager. I guess I'll talk more about this issue later in this post.

Namely "I agree...that refugee is just a vanilla village." While he is correct, I think he should have said something more along the lines of "also attest" or something.

Um...hm...I don't know how to respond to this. Sorry XD 

Ok, so it turns out that most of it is response to game mechanic discussion, and most of that is NAI

Game mechanic discussion is never NAI when it's blackout games. *wink wink

Pretty sure Swan's vote was just a typical D1 vote, even if it was against me<_< But your's could also be seen as one as well.

I was kind of hoping someone would comment on the irony of that vote of mine :P I agree, though. Fair.

So you removed it 'just because,' and didn't put it on anyone else. Granted it wasn't affecting the lynch, as a lone vote, but still, why? If my calculations are correct, there were only 9 minutes before rollover, so it doesn't look like you were planning on casting another vote? Then of course you didn't

Well, no. I didn't remove it "just because". I wasn't in favour of the Albatross lynch and would have rather seen Tuatara lynched (sorry tuatara), because I was pretty sure Albatross would flip village, solely due to this tone in his posts. I don't know how you missed this while reading my posts, but I was seriosuly considering tying the vote between Albatross and Tuatara, because at that moment it was 4-3. I was hesitant as we don't know for certain whether ties result in both candidates getting killed or not. So I asked for opinions, and decided on tying the vote. That clearly didn't happen because cycle ended. Sad.

The way he worded this is different from how it was worded in my PM. That's going to sound like a weak argument, because we can't copy/paste from the PM, but I think it's different enough, for me, to make it suspicious in my opinion.

Dude how would you have worded it? I tried to shorten it down and simplify it as much as I could. I guess I can't really lessen your suspicon of me at this particular matter :P

1 hour ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

Won't be possible in most games i.e non-anon games? Hm. *stares at wincon

-ten minutes later-

I didn't get an eureka moment or anything, but are you suggest there might be ways more than one to defeat the elims?

Now to give my two cents on the Falcon issue, like I promised I would. I would definitely think thrice before lynching a neutral. Thing is, Falcon has clearly stated that they're not neutral, which only really leaves them to belong to two other factions - elim or village. I do think that Azure brings up a interesting possibility of the kandra-hunters, I would think that that faction would qualify as neutrals, no? It was said that Falcon may be part of the village but perhaps doesn't know what faction their target role belongs to - it could be either village or elim. But then, if they do indeed belong to the village and their target role also happens to be of a villager's, wouldn't that make Falcon a threat to the village? And therefore not really part of the village? I recall the Skybreakers from Len's recent blackout game. Their wincon was to kill surgebinders. Now a couple of these surgebinders belonged to the village, and some to the OTHER elim team. Yeah, there were two elim teams. The Skybreakers were one of them. Even though the village's wincon was to "kill all evils opposing the village", the villagers failed to recongise the Skybreakers as an evil faction, and assumed they were neutral. That wasn't the case, though. I hope what I'm saying makes at least *some* amount of sense (?).

Anyway, my vote's gonna stay where it is. Falcon, I'm terribly sorry if you're village.

40 minutes ago, Seonid said:

Remember, it is against the rules of SE to reveal information from your GM PM. In this case, that would include using exact wording of win conditions.

I know, I wasn't expecting him to use the exact wording, but it was different enough that it made me suspicious.

3 hours ago, Indigo Weasel said:

The way he worded this is different from how it was worded in my PM. That's going to sound like a weak argument, because we can't copy/paste from the PM, but I think it's different enough, for me, to make it suspicious in my opinion. (Italics added)

---------

55 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

(Among other stuff)

Dude how would you have worded it? I tried to shorten it down and simplify it as much as I could. I guess I can't really lessen your suspicon of me at this particular matter :P

I'm not exactly sure how I would have worded it, and after reviewing it again, it might not be as bad as I thought because of the possibility of plural on the last word "faction(s)"

The tone was still slightly suspicious, so I will leave my vote on you for now, but try doing another analysis to find someone else.

NOTE: I am fine with the Falcon lynch. They seem very suspicious. and IMO it's good to get rid of suspicious people, at least to figure out what's going on. I hope it' snot a mistake. Anyway, because the lynch is so solid, I am exploring other candidates to try to find someone, who instead of being eerily suspicious, is actually more suspicious, but under the radar.

Point.  What I am going for has to do with how the win condition actually works, not so much the specifics of wording, and I also have reason to believe it could be guessed by any alignment.  But I'll just be out with it.  What I am thinking of here is sudden death.

Another crate went up the rope.  They had found a bit of food and medical supplies.  Important stuff to have.

No supplies for a proper stew, though, Bailey thought with a scowl.

They weren't finished yet, however.  This was just one wing of the storage block.  Bailey wandered off to let V handle securing the last crate from this room.

He stopped at an airlock to another wing, keying it open.

Odd.  It refused to budge.  They weren't supposed to do that.  He pushed the red "override" button and tried it again.

The door flung open, and Bailey was thrown off his feet in a roar of rushing air.  His head hit the ground, hard.  His ears were ringing.  His oxygen coin was ripped out of his hand, flying away to be sucked down to the other end of the room, and out of a small hole in the side of the craft.

Oh, crem.

He could still faintly the hiss of stale air leaking out through the breach, but it was muffled, either because he was partially deafened or because the pressure was rapidly dropping.  He couldn't breathe.  He slid across the floor towards the breach, pulled along by the continued jettison of air.  Spots were already starting to dance across his field of vision.

Storage crates shifted, piling up around the hole, obscuring it from view.  Bailey seized hold of a crate lid, and levered himself in between two crates, painstakingly forcing them to each side, exposing the hull breach underneath.  It was a surprisingly small hole, smaller than his hand, but he could see the void on the other side.

He slammed the crate lid flat on top of the breach.  It stuck fast, held in place by air pressure.  At once, the hissing stopped.

Ow... Need air.

Bailey struggled to his feet, staggering back towards the airlock.  He blessed the storage block's deteriorating life support system, which had not yet registered the pressure drop in this room.  If it was anywhere near up to code, the airlock should have sealed behind him, and he would have been trapped in here with no air.

He threw himself out the door, forcing himself to walk as he made his way over to V, as it would consume less oxygen.  had the spare medallion... He pointed frantically at the medallion.  V threw it to him, but Bailey's hand moved without coordination, failing to catch it.  It clattered on the ground.

He settled for falling on top of it.  He sprawled across the ground, and his lungs flooded with oxygen again.

"Thanks," he exhaled, badly shaken.

(I figured something interesting should happen to move the RP forward, even if people were sleeping and whatnot.  There should still be plenty of time left in the cycle to do other things with this expedition, though, and I hope that can happen)

Ok. I am going to walk away from my computer in about 5 minutes, then I don't know what my activity will be like the rest of the weekend.

I am going to change my vote from Amethyst Scorpion to Amber Vulture, for the reasons stated by those who have already expressed concern in him, and also for the reasons I expressed last cycle.

I have 5 minutes to respond to any questions anyone has!

Current vote count:

Amber Vulture (3) - Coral Swan, Indigo Weasel, Melon Dingo
Emerald Falcon (5) - Amber Vulture, Amethyst Scorpion, Chartreuse Penguin, Fuchsia Ostrich, Ivory Dragonfly

Four people who have not placed votes: Azure Mouse, Cream Tuatara, Emerald Falcon, Mauve Crocodile

-----

Time. She needed more time. Liseran had returned to pacing in the small ship. More people were shooting glances her way, suspicion clear in their faces. They did not trust her, which wasn't uncommon. She had learned quickly in her years of traveling that few people were willing to trust someone they didn't know, and more quickly to be outright hostile to those who appeared different. Liseran had never really fit in, even in her own world.

The fabric around her arms were a constant reminder of that. Not many from her homeland were willing to do what she did, and most looked at her as if she were committing a great sin. Liseran shook her head, clearing away those thoughts. She left that place for a reason. There was no need to dwell on it now. She needed to stay focused.

Traveling across worlds had brought her so close to her goal. She had to find him. She had to know if he was alive. Scadrial was her last hope. Liseran only hoped she could live long enough to see him one more time.

To drive a dagger into his heart.