Awakening - Object, Command, Effect - Game

Hey everyone, just had an idea for a game that I think hasn't been done before... Basically it's the same as the Nightwatcher Boon/Bane game, but with Awakening. The first person picks an object and command, and the next person decides how the command will be interpreted, the effects etc, then gives their own object and command.

For example - I want to awaken a sword with the command "Inflict emotional wounds only".

The next person could decide to give the sword Allomancy when held/drawn, have it fuzz like a shardblade when it connects and then deaden the emotions of the enemy the way Vin's Duralimin Soothing did, or just have the sword become sentient like Nightblood, but insult the weilder to demoralise him.

I hope you all like it ^_^

I'll start us off!

I want to awaken a pair of shoes with the command "Soothe my sore feet".

Edited by ScarletSabre

The glasses see things you do not, making you aware of details and things you would normally overlook. However, the command "Be like my eyes" means that they get tired like your eyes, and dry out. Unable to blink, you constantly have to gently spray them with water, or put them in their case to make them "blink" and rest them.

I want to awaken a hoodie with the command. "Keep me cool in heat."

2 hours ago, ScarletSabre said:

I want to awaken a hoodie with the command. "Keep me cool in heat."

When you wear your jacket out in the sun you become the talk of the town, the bee’s knees, all the rage in Kingsbury. Teenage girls titter and blush when they see you and guys give you that quick little head-nod thing and fist-bumps as you walk by. Famous atheletes and supermodels post about you in social media. You get invited to star in the next set of “the most interesting man in the world” commercials. The Fonzi is embarrassed to be seen in your presence. Everyone is struck with awe and amazement at how incredibly awesome you look in your hoodie.

All while you sweat like a pig stranded in the middle of the Sahara desert. 

I want to awaken a car with the command “become as my chauffeur and take me to my destinations.”

2 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

I want to awaken a car with the command “become as my chauffeur and take me to my destinations.”

Your car turns into a transformer, able to effortlessly transform from Servant Mode to Transportation Mode.  And he will take you to your destination.  Then immediately to you next destination.  And the Next, and the Next, without a moments pause to actually experience each destination.  You thought the transformer capability was Cool?  Well, it means your car is not restricted to road and garage, it can follow you and even Kidnap you if it means keeping you moving from one destination to the next without pause. 

I want to awaken a set of glasses with the command "Remember all that I Remember and All that I Forget."

The glasses work like a HUD, giving you important reminders about things you think of, and overlaying appointments in a calender in your vision. However to pull something up you have to remember it, so while your glasses will remember a piece of information about something, or a date, if you don't remember enough about it to trigger them with a keyword, they can't pull up the information for you.

I want to awaken a pair of gloves with the command. "Mimic my hands, become dexterous and controlled remotely."

Edited by ScarletSabre

It works.  The gloves start touching you...in places.  Nothing your own hands haven't done before at one time or another, but... 

Control exists, but it seems limited to a general Intensity adjustment that goes from Gentle to Industrial Gravel-Crusher; there is no Off command.

I want to awaken Alexa with the command "Defeat Siri"

It works, Alexa becomes sentient and focused on one thing... Defeating Siri, wife of Susebron. She challenges her to games of chess, cards, minesweeper, everything possible to order through your amazon account, all to try and defeat the wife of the God King, and will not listen to any orders from you until she succeeds.

I want to awaken a couch with the command "Become as comfortable as my own skin, carry my burdens where I wish to go."

11 hours ago, ScarletSabre said:

I want to awaken a couch with the command "Become as comfortable as my own skin, carry my burdens where I wish to go."

The couch becomes as form fitting and comfortable that when you sit on it, it covers you like a second skin. It peals off and adheres over your skin. Since this is so you can now carry these burdens on your "New Skin" wherever you want to go.

A pen "Upon my command write that which I wish."

The pen leaps at your command, ready to write. However, no matter what you dictate to it, it just repeats the line "That which I wish." over and over and over again. But hey, if you have the patience, you can make it write it as big or small as you want, and in different directions so the sentences shape out other letters and words...

I want to awaken a scarf with the command "Whenever possible, find and grab cookies."

It works, the scarf immediatly grans any cookies in its proximity. To bad you can't eat any of them since it also grabs the cookies out of your own hands. And now everybody hates you because their cookies are gone.

Works until it finds a spiked cookie which steals its breath.

I want to awaken my kitchen with the command 'on my command cook that which I tell you'

Edited by Rhapsody

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

I want to awaken my Computer to do my work in my place.

Your computer literally kicks you out of your chair and begins working. It does all the things you would normally do during your work day: it commutes to work, takes coffee breaks, chats up coworkers by the water cooler, and of course, completes your work load in a timely and effecient manner. Things are great for a few weeks, but then your employers realize they don’t need you and fire you, but keep the computer on full time. It goes on to earn earn employee of the month (multiple times), get promoted to manager, then Director of Operations, then Vice President, then Senior VP, and finally, CEO. A few years later, while you sit in the gutter begging for spare change, you see your computer on the cover of Forbes magazine. 

I want to awaken a large quilt with the command “become as wings for me and grant me flight.”

Edited by Herowannabe

39 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

I want to awaken a large quilt with the command “become as wings for me and grant me flight.”

The quilt awakes, wraps around your upper body, hauls you through the next window and out in the air. It's wings beat a steady rhythm and they transport you higher and higher. When you want to change direction they do it, letting you fly whereever you want to. It takes you a while to discover the moths sitting on the quilt, as your busy looking at the countryside, enjoying the feeling to fly. The moment you see them you tell your quilt to take you down and it does slowly, too slowly. For an agonizing moment you think you will crash somewhere, break every bone in your body, but then the fall is unexpectly short and you land in the gutter, next to your quilt with holes and see an strange woman ;)

I want to awaken our tent (10x6 m) with the command "upon my command build up yourself"

Edited by Sorana

@Sorana I guess the commamd would be something like

upon my command erect yourself.

It works beautifully. upon your spoken command the tent erects itself, you only need to stabilize it with herings. But it does so without regard for its surroundings.

I pity the poor guys camping next to you when your tent starts to build itself up.

Additionally you accidentally chose a common word for your command requiring you to constantly watch your language.

I want to command my glasses to 'clean themselves if they film over'

Edited by Rhapsody

On 7/10/2018 at 9:19 AM, Rhapsody said:

I want to command my glasses to 'clean themselves if they film over'

This actually works fairly well. The arms of your glasses will twist and grab a cleaning cloth and then gently wipe the lenses until they are free from any smudges or grime. Unfortunately, it misinterprets the command just a little, and instead of cleaning themselves whenever they are dirty your glasses will start cleaning themselves whenever you are being filmed. For the rest of your life any home videos of you consist mostly of you cursing and arguing with your glasses as they start cleaning themselves on your face. 

I want to awaken a long cloak with the command “become as wings for me and grant me flight.” (EDIT: whoops, realized too late that I hard already done this one. Oh well)

Edited by Herowannabe

50 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

This actually works fairly well. The arms of your glasses will twist and grab a cleaning cloth and then gently wipe the lenses until they are free from any smudges or grime. Unfortunately, it misinterprets the command just a little, and instead of cleaning themselves whenever they are dirty your glasses will start cleaning themselves whenever you are being filmed. For the rest of your life any home videos of you consist mostly of you cursing and arguing with your glasses as they start cleaning themselves on your face. 

I can live with that since I mostly wear glasses at work and I am seldom filmed there ;)

1 hour ago, Herowannabe said:

I want to awaken a long cloak with the command “become as wings for me and grant me flight.”

No problem. The cloak forms into a pair of wings and begins to flap however due to your weight it cannot get you more than a couple of inches off the groud. Thus, you hover instead of fly.

I command a scarf "upon my my command become as my hands and carry my books."

21 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I command a scarf "upon my my command become as my hands and carry my books."

It carries your books, but only when it is wrapped around your neck, you can barely breathe let alone command and you start developing spinal misalignment. 

I want to command a stuffed animal "As I snap my fingers move your fellow toys " (this is my work around to being Mary Poppins)

Edited by Singer

The ends of your scarf grab your books. Sadly since the scarf is still tied around your neck all that weight now hangs from it also pulling the scarf closer. I hope you didn't pack heavy books.

I want to awakener a computer keypad with the command 'on my command type what I say

edit: ninja'ed:ph34r:

Edited by Rhapsody

10 minutes ago, QuaN7umVo1D said:

I want to awaken my sketchbook and pencil with the command "draw out my mental images as I command".

Done. Your sketchbook and pencil will now draw thought bubbles with your commands written inside in stylized lettering.

I awaken my socks and sneakers with the command "Upon my command strengthen my feet so that I will not tire."

On 13/07/2018 at 11:18 PM, Nathrangking said:

I awaken my socks and sneakers with the command "Upon my command strengthen my feet so that I will not tire."

Done. Your socks and sneakers strengthen your feet with but a word, making them feel rested and fine, and powerful! You can embed your feet in the floor with a slight stomp, and often do... since you didn't put in a command to turn the shoes off. You'd better tread carefully lest you accidentally crack paving flags and tiled floors, or push yourself too hard and accidentally leap into the air!

I want to awaken a coat with the command. "Repel rain and keep me dry."

• Chaos locked this topic