Character Development Scenes [CDS]

Jehoiada

I've seen some cases of people needing to post some character development scenes, but it doesn't fit in any of the RP threads, or they just dont feel comfortable doing it in one of those. Here we are going to post CDS's (Character Development Scenes) So it's not really a FFRP, just a place to develop your character.

Rules: 1 Post out of Character thoughts in a different color or in a quote box. 2 Again this is not really an FFRP so it's not a place to respond to others (in character), but it's ok to give thoughts opinions and praise to any deserving as long as rule one is kept.

Spoiler

1 month after Rhazien and Kane's duel

Kane strolled down the streets of Isopin, feeling angry. Anger at himself, for being so stupid as to let Rhazien win that duel. No. Stop thinking that. You didn't let him win. you didn't have a choice. You were going down anyway. Kane grumbled, also feeling angry at Shelan. The man was legendary among certain circles, and was Kane's worst enemy. He was the head of the Trellurgists, an organization bent on dominating Scadrial. Shelan was originally a weakling, a mere Duralumin Gnat. He had spiked many, gaining Allomantic Tin, Pewter, Brass, and Zinc. Using duralumin and brass on any one of the many Hemalurgically spiked servants he had acquired over time gave him control of them. Kane himself was one that was spiked. His constant stream of Electrum Determination allowed him to resist Shelan's control, but it was difficult. Kane continued down the street, moody and upset. He finally reached his destination, a sphere shop. Despite disliking Stormlight in general, he needed it for emergencies, but only for emergencies. The last time he had used any was for using Adhesion on that one guy. In Kane's defense, the man tried to rob him. He was stuck to the wall for a while. Now he was stuck in prison. He exchanged several Scadrian boxings for about ten spheres. Suddenly, a young boy rushed into the shop, with a piece of paper in hand. 

"Sir, I have a message for you." Kane grabbed the piece of paper and read it. He gasped as he read: 'Kane. You know who this is from.' Kane growled. what was Shelan doing, sending Kane messages? 'I have captured someone of great importance to you. Her name is Minag.' Kane gasped, putting his hand to his mouth. 'You have a week to turn yourself into me before she dies. Starting.... now!' Kane yelled in anger. He threw the paper up into the air and Soulcast it into flame. He charged out wordlessly.

2 days later

Kane checked the spanreeds again. Still no response from either Lita or Tikor. Kane had a sinking feeling that he would have to rescue his beloved Minag... alone. 

3 days later

This was the day. The day he rescued Minag. He stood behind a rock near the entrance to the Trellurgist base. He nervously drew his dagger, preparing himself mentally. he had no time to do ChayShan, so he would have to resort to Electrum, both Allomantic and Feruchemical. He put away distracting thoughts in his Copperminds and stepped out from behind his hiding place. Then, a guard, obviously burning bronze to find Allomancers, saw Kane. No going back now. He charged forward, rolling under the guard's sword and coming up behind. He placed his hand on the man's back and said: "Become Electrum." The man suddenly transformed, collapsing on the ground, now a statue. Kane smiled grimly and turned. As he walked into the building, he encountered no resistance, no one at all. This made Kane both anxious and depressed. He liked being around people, even if he would have to kill them later. As he continued, Kane began to realize something was wrong, however, someone from the shadows charged him. The man extended his arm, and vines suddenly shot at Kane. They grappled him, slamming him against the wall. A chuckle came from the nearby corridors. Shelan stepped in. Kane, bounded, was unable to fight. Shelan removed Kane's daggers, his metalminds, his Soulcaster, his spheres, his utility belt... everything. Kane had no Electrum left, and was pinned against the wall. Chuckling, Shelan focused on Kane, clearly trying to break into Kane's mind. Kane tried and failed to resist. An overwhelming sense of peace overcame Kane, and he no longer could move. The man who held Kane released him, though Kane couldn't move nonetheless. Kane stood up, according to Shelan's will. He followed the man down the hallway, walking stiffly and breathing shallowly. Shelan turned and permitted Kane to speak. Kane unleashed a string of curses and, of course, compliments, because Kane was being controlled by the man, still. Shelan wrinkled his nose, frowning. "That wasn't very nice. Rip out your spike halfway." Kane did, gritting his teeth at the pain. He groaned agonizingly, feeling the tremendous waves of pain move through his body. Shelan placed a dagger in Kane's hand. Kane gripped it, and followed him, unable to resist. They stepped into a small, dingy, room, and Kane was finally able to gasp. Minag was chained to the wall. Kane attempted to move toward her, but couldn't. She looked up. Kane sighed longingly. "Kill her." Shelan said coldly.

One week later

Kane awoke with a start. And the first thing he felt was pain, immense pain. Where was it coming from? Certainly it couldn't come from nowhere... 

Suddenly, his senses and his memories rushed back to him. He closed his eyes, to block off the blaring light. What had happened?

He remembered. Shelan had found him again, for the first time in many years. And... Shelan had controlled his mind. Forced him to do awful things. Kane... had killed Minag, hadn't he? No. This couldn't be happening. He'd been left for dead, bleeding from dozens of injuries, his spike half-ripped out. But he'd... survived? How had that happened?

"Stormlight." A soft voice answered.

"Quin? Kane asked, voice trembling. "I... broke my Oath. Did awful things. Killed a defenseless woman." Defenseless... And the only woman I've ever loved. Kane added mentally. 

"Not true." Quin whispered. "You were under Shelan's control. You couldn't do anything." 

"Quin. Don't you understand? I KILLED Minag!"

"Kane..."

"Stop. I don't want to talk anymore." Kane rolled onto his side. "Go away." He inhaled deeply, then sighed. Strangely, a puff of light was released as he exhaled. That's odd... Kane thought, observing the cloud of energy. Wait a minute. Kane glanced down at his chest. His pain... was gone. His wounds... were healed. In that moment, Kane at last realized the full extent and power of Stormlight. 

"Rusts... I really am a Radiant, aren't I?"

"Well, not quite." Quin replied. "You can use Adhesion, though you haven't yet tried much. Soon, however, when you swear your Second Ideal, you will indeed be a Radiant, with the powers of Gravitation at your will as well."

"Well, for now, I must use what I have." Kane began to slowly rotate his arms. He again closed his eyes. He stood up, gradually speeding the rotation. He opened his eyes whilst rotating his arms. The room around him was entirely made of stone, and there was no door or apparent exit. His prison cell until Shelan required his "services" again. If he did. He closed his eyes once more, flowing suddenly into a kata, one he had learned from the JinDo warriors on Sel. Sel. The planet where he had met Mirag. A Teoin who was also Elantrian. But now she was dead, and Kane was the one who killed her. He shoved back his pain, feeling the Dor build up around him. He broke into a sprint, opening his eyes and charging at the wall. He extended his fist. With ease, he obliterated the wall. However, past the wall was the obstacle that was far more difficult to overcome. Shelan and two men, standing there. One of the two was Sidall, a Coinshot with a Lurcher Spike. The second was a Brute Ferring with a spike that doubled his power as a Brute. His name was Aquan. "Hello, Kane." Said Shelan. "So nice of you to join us." Kane jumped back in shock. 

"Quin..." 

"Inhale Stormlight, quick!" Quin shouted. Kane did so, feeling the awesome strength fill his tired bones. With ChayShan AND Stormlight at his fingertips, this would be simple. Childish. He charged Aquan, first. With a slam of his shoulder into Aquan's chest, he... blew the man into pieces. Angrily, Sidall charged Kane. Kane backhanded the man in the face, which... exploded him. Apparently, ChayShan combined with Stormlight was worse than lethal. Kane kept running, after noting than Shelan had run away. 

"Coward!" Kane shouted after him. He continued running. Soon, he had found his daggers, his vials, his metalminds, even his Soulcaster, in a guarded room. Continuing his flight, Kane at last left the building, a trail of destruction and death behind him. 

"Where to next?" Asked Quin. "I have very few allies in the world. But one person who I know might be able to help me...Rhazien."

A week later

Kane had no time to grieve Minag. He had to get away from here, to find Lita or Tikor. His loved ones could help, right? Hopefully. Instead, Kane was jumping through Cultivation's Perpendicularity, hoping to end up on Nalthis. His adopted son, Tikor, lived there, under the watchful eye of Hopeseeker, goddess of children and compassion. She was a young but kind Returned, who used to be a farmer, but had died in an accident with some farm equipment. When Kane emerged, he was somewhere in the Hallandren jungles. For several weeks he traveled, trying to find that blasted city, T'Telir. If it was so big, then why was it so rusting hard to find? Eventually, Kane reached the city and traveled to the Court of Gods. He was greeted by Hopeseeker's high priest, Pingale, an aging man of small but commanding stature. Pingale led him to Hopeseeker's palace. Kane entered, and Tikor, tackled him from the side. Kane laughed, holding his son, feeling happy, for the first time since the duel. Quin showed up and greeted Tikor as well, and Pingale invited them to dinner. They ate, and Kane laughed, enjoying himself, finally. "So, son, do you know where your aunt Lita is?" he eventually asked. Tikor suddenly became highly interested in his fork. "Son?" Kane asked cautiously. The boy began to cry, and mumbled: "Father, I though you knew. She went to Roshar to find you. "And?" Kane asked, hugging Tikor and rubbing his back. "Highstorm." Tikor said. Finally, Kane understood. Lita was dead... as well. 

2 weeks later

Kane charged the Trellurgist lines, killing many. They had entered Nalthis and attacked the Court of Gods a week ago. Kane, along with several Awakeners and an army of Lifeless, battled them for days on end, trying to win. Much of T'Telir had fled, leaving only a few to stay and fight. And they were losing. T'Telir was slowly becoming a city for the Trellurgists. Kane couldn't let them. He heard a scream and turned. Hopeseeker, Tikor, Pingale, and another god, Hopeseeker's husband, Breathuser, an Awakener, were surrounded. At this point, Kane was almost insane. His spike constantly left him in pain. Some of his loved ones were dead. And he was fighting anyone and everyone that tried to kill anyone else he cared about. Right now, that was the Trellurgists. Kane charged, yelling in defiance. Finally, he reached them, though Breathuser had sacrificed his Breath to save Hopeseeker, and Pingale had died saving Tikor. Tikor. The last person Kane truly cared about. Kane rolled in front of the boy, and killed a Trellurgist. Everything that had culminated over the past two months rolled into Kane's mind. You can't protect them all. "Yes, I can!" Kane yelled. "I will protect those who cannot protect themselves!" Stormlight billowed out of Kane in waves, and he became a Full Radiant. Kane Lashed himself up, his newfound freedom apparent. Kane flew at the Trellurgists and with Gravitation, wiped nearly all of the attackers in the vicinity out. It was laughable. Kane Lashed man after man after man every which way. He ChayShanned people in the face, promptly ending lives. His Determination was infinite, his strength unmatched. He was Radiant.

A day later

T'Telir was mostly repopulated, the streets mostly cleaned up. The battle had ended mere hours after Kane swore his oath, in no small part due to him. Hopeseeker had healed a single person with her Breath, saving a life. That life was Tikor's. Tikor had been sent by Kane to a planet called Taldain. Hopefully, the poor boy would be safe there. Kane himself flew through the Cognitive realm freely. His goal was to reach the legendary planet, Vaeria, soon. Kane knew of several Aetherbound, and also knew that he himself would someday probably need some extra power. His power that he chose was meant to be conservative, so no Hemalurgy. his choice: an Aether. If he could find the planet.

1 month later

Kane had found it, at long last. Vaeria was a beautiful planet, similar to Scadrial in many ways, most prominent amongst them being its greenness. Kane was excited. But, alas, he would have to find another way home, for his Stormlight was totally depleted. He walked around for some time, greeting people and being generally kind. His friendliness paid off, and he found out how and where to bond an Aether. First, he had to find a Vo-Dari. he walked into an Aedin temple, nearly bouncing with excitement. This was it! This was where he could obtain an Aether. A voice called behind him. "Hello, there!" A man in white robes walked up to Kane. "Hello." Kane replied. "Come with me." the man said. "We have matters to discuss." Soon, they were in the man's office. "I heard reports of a flying man near town." he said. "Care to explain?" Kane groaned. he should have been more careful. He shrugged and told the man his story. 

'And so, now it is my quest to obtain an Amberite Aether." Kane finished. The man nodded. "Are you Vo-Dari?" Kane asked. "Indeed." the man said. "Come with me."

1 week later

Kane dodged the vine, rolling sideways. The priest, who revealed that his name was Oieth, had helped Kane bond the Aether and now, Kane trained. He was actually quite powerful, able to grow a large sword and a full suit of armor with more power to spare. He had proved skillful with the Aether but Oieth claimed Kane still wasn't ready. Kane suspected that really, the man simply enjoyed Kane's company. It was all right, because not only did Kane enjoy training, but he enjoyed Oieth's company, as well. And yet, once again, a messenger suddenly arrived. he handed the message to Kane, who quickly read it. Tikor needed him as soon as possible. Kane turned to Oieth. "Can you send me?" he asked. The man nodded and touched Kane. Suddenly, he stood next to Tikor. "Son?" Kane asked. Tikor blinked, clearly surprised. "Father. I have turned thirteen. I know this is hard for you, but... as you promised, will you return me to Roshar?" 

1 day later

Kane left the building, knowing that he would never see Tikor again. He had always thought Tikor a son, but Tikor thought he was apprenticed to Kane, though did treat him with respect and called Kane father. Kane had lost another loved one. I must find Rhazien. Kane thought. He glanced skyward and flew.

6 days later 

Kane focused, allowing his Amberite to grow, to change. The crackling started. It soon formed into a solid crystal gauntlet. It was weird to use the thing. All his life, Kane had been dependent on the Metallic Arts. Now, he was instead using crystals and Stormlight. It was an odd perspective. Kane began to move his arms in circular patterns, accessing the Dor. He could sense it. It was odd. The Dor was constantly moving, trying to break free, trying to manifest. Kane was positive that only users of ChayShan could actually sense, and use the Dor for purposes other than magic. He could feel… Aons being drawn, by Elantrians. He could sense innocent souls, disappearing, their life force being transported into Dakhor monks. He could sense potions being brewed, Soulstamps beings applied. And… was that Bloodsealing? Interesting. It was used far less commonly than the other arts. Even on Roshar, Kane found he could reach the Dor. Hearing some branches crack and break, he crept forward, burning electrum for a small view into his future. When he met Nei’an, he had been reminded of electrum when the Aviar, Klaw, showed him his death. In the small bubbles floating on the edges of his vision, he saw no chances of death… yet. Suddenly, an enormous burst of Dor energy was released, and very close to where Kane was. He focused and interpreted it. An Essence Mark had just been applied.

Kane inhaled sharply, Stormlight flooding into his tired body. He suddenly was urged to move, to act. Sheer adrenaline coursed through his body. He still was new to the sensation. He Lashed himself in the direction where it had come from rapidly. He streaked through the forest, dodging trees and bushes, zipping and flitting around crazily. Finally, he broke through the forest and saw a person standing near a circular pool of water.  The person didn’t seem threatening. Kane landed beside the person.

A quiet masculine voice spoke.

“Strange, isn’t it? This perpendicularity sits here, essentially able to teleport you to any location, yet I did not use it. Instead I used my new experiment, space-time Essence Marks.” The man showed Kane a large stamp. “These marks change one’s position by changing their past. Change their choices of the past, to move them. It is temporary, of course. There is no permanent way to teleport. It will unravel in a day. My work on this planet is luckily nearby. But I knew that the best way to do it would be to summon a nearby Windrunner to Lash me off in the direction that I need to go in. A Windrunner that could sense the Dor. My first choice was you, of course.” The man looked Kane in the eye. “Will you send me to where I need to go? The payment, of course, will be this.” The man held up an odd bracelet, metal engraved with gems. “This device is made from various magic technologies. The Excisor built in allows you to occasionally summon Determination. The ettmetal increases your Allomantic prowess and lets you occasionally summon electrum to burn. The symbols let you start ChayShan faster. The stones give you more Amberite. And most importantly, the gems can summon Stormlight.”

Kane nodded.

The man handed the bracelet to Kane, who slipped it onto his wrist.

“Twist this to tighten it.” Kane did so.

“I need to reach Urithiru, immediately.” Kane inspected the bracelet, and willed Stormlight to appear in the gems. Suddenly, the gems flashed, and began to glow.

“Careful. It will summon Stormlight, but it will be several hours before you can do it again.” Kane nodded, then Lashed himself and the man upwards, then South by Southwest.

3 hours later

The pair landed at the bottom of Urithiru.

“Thank you.” The man said. “If you ever need me, grow a Soulstamp out of Amberite in this shape,” he said, showing a stamp to Kane, which Kane memorized and stuffed into his Coppermind. “and apply it to your skin. It will bring you directly to me for a day.”

And with that, the man walked away.

8 days later

Kane ran. He knew the Rules. But he couldn’t help himself. Coming to Threnody wasn’t exactly his smartest choice, and running was even less so. But he had to know what Shelan was doing. The Trellurgists, fragmented and weakened, had escaped from Nalthis and Sel and fled to Threnody. They had overrun homesteads and killed many people, all so that they could attract Shades for their… experiments. And now, they were up ahead, slaughtering another group of hapless people, spiking another swarm of Shades into them. He grew a long dagger out of Amberite and a thin suit of armor. A Shade nearby attempted to strike Kane. Kane rolled forward, summoned a short burst of Stormlight, and shot forward in a massive Basic Lashing. He couldn’t waste Investiture on fighting off Shades. Kane swung his dagger, killing a Trellurgist perimeter guard. A Shade escaped the body, continuing to haunt Kane. He cursed, avoiding the creature, and slamming into another man. The man stood up and Kane yelped in shock as he realized that this man was Shelan. Kane roared in fury and created a massive Amberite warhammer, swinging at Shelan madly. The man dodged and paused. He was trying to DuraSoothe Kane! Angrily, Kane siphoned Determination into his body, resisting. Shelan gave up and drew his sword, then charged Kane. Kane knew that the man was a Thug and Tineye, so this battle would be difficult. Kane grew an Amberite sword, but he knew that he would have to be more careful with his Amberite for the rest of this battle, as his Aether was beginning to tire.

“Kane.” A soft voice whispered. “Shadesmar is dangerous here. Many Shades have been spiked into Shelan. If you kill him, he will be able to staple himself back into his body.”

“He won’t have a body.” Kane replied. And with that, he backhanded the man, pinned him, and grabbed his face. “Become fire.”

The man all but exploded, becoming a blazing inferno, and then dwindled quickly. And Shelan Crawsh, creature of Kane’s nightmares, a soulless demon, a servant of Ruin himself, died.

Kane stared, dazed. His greatest enemy, dead. Mirag’s killer. Kane had won. Suddenly, a new voice entered Kane’s head.

“Good thing I had my spikes on hand, huh?” Shelan said.

2 weeks later

Kane was furious. Shelan had managed to staple his soul into Kane’s body using his spikes that he brought to Shadesmar. Now Shelan’s ghost was present, constantly nagging Kane, offering destructive options that Kane could choose. Kane’s head was getting crowded. Quin, Kane, the Aether, and now Shelan were all present influences within Kane. And it sucked. Kane’s chosen solution was to grow an Amberite Soulstamp, but it was a tad difficult with Shelan chattering in there. Kane focused again, thinking of the pattern that the man had shown him. His Aether was growing tired, and he only had a few more attempts before he would have to wait.

“Kane, my good man, if it makes you feel any better, the Trellurgists are all destroyed.” Kane didn’t sense any bitterness in the man’s voice. That was his plan all along. He wanted to hijack me. It’s my fault. Kane tried once more. The Amberite grew, surprisingly into the right shape. Kane applied the ink, stamped himself, and twisted the stamp.

“Hello!” The Forger said cheerfully. “What do you require of old Mik?”

“What do you know about Shades, Hemalurgy, and Shadesmar?”

“I have some knowledge…. What is the issue?”

Kane explained the issue to Mik.

“Ah, I see. To resolve this, you’ll need a Hemalurgist and Elsecaller. I have a letter for you.” Mik handed the letter to Kane, who then opened it. It read:

Dear Kane,

This is Rhazien. Enclosed is a card with Aon Tia written on it. Tap the Aon, and you will come to me. I request that you educate me in ChayShan. I look forward to seeing you again.

-Respectfully,

Rhazien Montegue

“I suggest not tapping it until the Essence Mark wears off.” Mik said.

24 hours later

Kane was ready. He held up the card. The light outside caused the Aon to shimmer. Tapping this would mean actually being involved in the Alleyverse on a large scale. Kane tapped the Aon. He appeared beside a man. Rhazien.

“At long last, we meet again.”

Is that enough?

5 minutes ago, BitBitio the Mudkip said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1 month after Rhazien and Kane's duel

Kane strolled down the streets of Isopin, feeling angry. Anger at himself, for being so stupid as to let Rhazien win that duel. No. Stop thinking that. You didn't let him win. you didn't have a choice. You were going down anyway. Kane grumbled, also feeling angry at Shelan. The man was legendary among certain circles, and was Kane's worst enemy. He was the head of the Trellurgists, an organization bent on dominating Scadrial. Shelan was originally a weakling, a mere Duralumin Gnat. He had spiked many, gaining Allomantic Tin, Pewter, Brass, and Zinc. Using duralumin and brass on any one of the many Hemalurgically spiked servants he had acquired over time gave him control of them. Kane himself was one that was spiked. His constant stream of Electrum Determination allowed him to resist Shelan's control, but it was difficult. Kane continued down the street, moody and upset. He finally reached his destination, a sphere shop. Despite disliking Stormlight in general, he needed it for emergencies, but only for emergencies. The last time he had used any was for using Adhesion on that one guy. In Kane's defense, the man tried to rob him. He was stuck to the wall for a while. Now he was stuck in prison. He exchanged several Scadrian boxings for about ten spheres. Suddenly, a young boy rushed into the shop, with a piece of paper in hand. 

"Sir, I have a message for you." Kane grabbed the piece of paper and read it. He gasped as he read: 'Kane. You know who this is from.' Kane growled. what was Shelan doing, sending Kane messages? 'I have captured someone of great importance to you. Her name is Minag.' Kane gasped, putting his hand to his mouth. 'You have a week to turn yourself into me before she dies. Starting.... now!' Kane yelled in anger. He threw the paper up into the air and Soulcast it into flame. He charged out wordlessly.

2 days later

Kane checked the spanreeds again. Still no response from either Lita or Tikor. Kane had a sinking feeling that he would have to rescue his beloved Minag... alone. 

3 days later

This was the day. The day he rescued Minag. He stood behind a rock near the entrance to the Trellurgist base. He nervously drew his dagger, preparing himself mentally. he had no time to do ChayShan, so he would have to resort to Electrum, both Allomantic and Feruchemical. He put away distracting thoughts in his Copperminds and stepped out from behind his hiding place. Then, a guard, obviously burning bronze to find Allomancers, saw Kane. No going back now. He charged forward, rolling under the guard's sword and coming up behind. He placed his hand on the man's back and said: "Become Electrum." The man suddenly transformed, collapsing on the ground, now a statue. Kane smiled grimly and turned. As he walked into the building, he encountered no resistance, no one at all. This made Kane both anxious and depressed. He liked being around people, even if he would have to kill them later. As he continued, Kane began to realize something was wrong, however, someone from the shadows charged him. The man extended his arm, and vines suddenly shot at Kane. They grappled him, slamming him against the wall. A chuckle came from the nearby corridors. Shelan stepped in. Kane, bounded, was unable to fight. Shelan removed Kane's daggers, his metalminds, his Soulcaster, his spheres, his utility belt... everything. Kane had no Electrum left, and was pinned against the wall. Chuckling, Shelan focused on Kane, clearly trying to break into Kane's mind. Kane tried and failed to resist. An overwhelming sense of peace overcame Kane, and he no longer could move. The man who held Kane released him, though Kane couldn't move nonetheless. Kane stood up, according to Shelan's will. He followed the man down the hallway, walking stiffly and breathing shallowly. Shelan turned and permitted Kane to speak. Kane unleashed a string of curses and, of course, compliments, because Kane was being controlled by the man, still. Shelan wrinkled his nose, frowning. "That wasn't very nice. Rip out your spike halfway." Kane did, gritting his teeth at the pain. He groaned agonizingly, feeling the tremendous waves of pain move through his body. Shelan placed a dagger in Kane's hand. Kane gripped it, and followed him, unable to resist. They stepped into a small, dingy, room, and Kane was finally able to gasp. Minag was chained to the wall. Kane attempted to move toward her, but couldn't. She looked up. Kane sighed longingly. "Kill her." Shelan said coldly.

One week later

Kane awoke with a start. And the first thing he felt was pain, immense pain. Where was it coming from? Certainly it couldn't come from nowhere... 

Suddenly, his senses and his memories rushed back to him. He closed his eyes, to block off the blaring light. What had happened?

He remembered. Shelan had found him again, for the first time in many years. And... Shelan had controlled his mind. Forced him to do awful things. Kane... had killed Minag, hadn't he? No. This couldn't be happening. He'd been left for dead, bleeding from dozens of injuries, his spike half-ripped out. But he'd... survived? How had that happened?

"Stormlight." A soft voice answered.

"Quin? Kane asked, voice trembling. "I... broke my Oath. Did awful things. Killed a defenseless woman." Defenseless... And the only woman I've ever loved. Kane added mentally. 

"Not true." Quin whispered. "You were under Shelan's control. You couldn't do anything." 

"Quin. Don't you understand? I KILLED Minag!"

"Kane..."

"Stop. I don't want to talk anymore." Kane rolled onto his side. "Go away." He inhaled deeply, then sighed. Strangely, a puff of light was released as he exhaled. That's odd... Kane thought, observing the cloud of energy. Wait a minute. Kane glanced down at his chest. His pain... was gone. His wounds... were healed. In that moment, Kane at last realized the full extent and power of Stormlight. 

"Rusts... I really am a Radiant, aren't I?"

"Well, not quite." Quin replied. "You can use Adhesion, though you haven't yet tried much. Soon, however, when you swear your Second Ideal, you will indeed be a Radiant, with the powers of Gravitation at your will as well."

"Well, for now, I must use what I have." Kane began to slowly rotate his arms. He again closed his eyes. He stood up, gradually speeding the rotation. He opened his eyes whilst rotating his arms. The room around him was entirely made of stone, and there was no door or apparent exit. His prison cell until Shelan required his "services" again. If he did. He closed his eyes once more, flowing suddenly into a kata, one he had learned from the JinDo warriors on Sel. Sel. The planet where he had met Mirag. A Teoin who was also Elantrian. But now she was dead, and Kane was the one who killed her. He shoved back his pain, feeling the Dor build up around him. He broke into a sprint, opening his eyes and charging at the wall. He extended his fist. With ease, he obliterated the wall. However, past the wall was the obstacle that was far more difficult to overcome. Shelan and two men, standing there. One of the two was Sidall, a Coinshot with a Lurcher Spike. The second was a Brute Ferring with a spike that doubled his power as a Brute. His name was Aquan. "Hello, Kane." Said Shelan. "So nice of you to join us." Kane jumped back in shock. 

"Quin..." 

"Inhale Stormlight, quick!" Quin shouted. Kane did so, feeling the awesome strength fill his tired bones. With ChayShan AND Stormlight at his fingertips, this would be simple. Childish. He charged Aquan, first. With a slam of his shoulder into Aquan's chest, he... blew the man into pieces. Angrily, Sidall charged Kane. Kane backhanded the man in the face, which... exploded him. Apparently, ChayShan combined with Stormlight was worse than lethal. Kane kept running, after noting than Shelan had run away. 

"Coward!" Kane shouted after him. He continued running. Soon, he had found his daggers, his vials, his metalminds, even his Soulcaster, in a guarded room. Continuing his flight, Kane at last left the building, a trail of destruction and death behind him. 

"Where to next?" Asked Quin. "I have very few allies in the world. But one person who I know might be able to help me...Rhazien."

A week later

Kane had no time to grieve Minag. He had to get away from here, to find Lita or Tikor. His loved ones could help, right? Hopefully. Instead, Kane was jumping through Cultivation's Perpendicularity, hoping to end up on Nalthis. His adopted son, Tikor, lived there, under the watchful eye of Hopeseeker, goddess of children and compassion. She was a young but kind Returned, who used to be a farmer, but had died in an accident with some farm equipment. When Kane emerged, he was somewhere in the Hallandren jungles. For several weeks he traveled, trying to find that blasted city, T'Telir. If it was so big, then why was it so rusting hard to find? Eventually, Kane reached the city and traveled to the Court of Gods. He was greeted by Hopeseeker's high priest, Pingale, an aging man of small but commanding stature. Pingale led him to Hopeseeker's palace. Kane entered, and Tikor, tackled him from the side. Kane laughed, holding his son, feeling happy, for the first time since the duel. Quin showed up and greeted Tikor as well, and Pingale invited them to dinner. They ate, and Kane laughed, enjoying himself, finally. "So, son, do you know where your aunt Lita is?" he eventually asked. Tikor suddenly became highly interested in his fork. "Son?" Kane asked cautiously. The boy began to cry, and mumbled: "Father, I though you knew. She went to Roshar to find you. "And?" Kane asked, hugging Tikor and rubbing his back. "Highstorm." Tikor said. Finally, Kane understood. Lita was dead... as well. 

2 weeks later

Kane charged the Trellurgist lines, killing many. They had entered Nalthis and attacked the Court of Gods a week ago. Kane, along with several Awakeners and an army of Lifeless, battled them for days on end, trying to win. Much of T'Telir had fled, leaving only a few to stay and fight. And they were losing. T'Telir was slowly becoming a city for the Trellurgists. Kane couldn't let them. He heard a scream and turned. Hopeseeker, Tikor, Pingale, and another god, Hopeseeker's husband, Breathuser, an Awakener, were surrounded. At this point, Kane was almost insane. His spike constantly left him in pain. Some of his loved ones were dead. And he was fighting anyone and everyone that tried to kill anyone else he cared about. Right now, that was the Trellurgists. Kane charged, yelling in defiance. Finally, he reached them, though Breathuser had sacrificed his Breath to save Hopeseeker, and Pingale had died saving Tikor. Tikor. The last person Kane truly cared about. Kane rolled in front of the boy, and killed a Trellurgist. Everything that had culminated over the past two months rolled into Kane's mind. You can't protect them all. "Yes, I can!" Kane yelled. "I will protect those who cannot protect themselves!" Stormlight billowed out of Kane in waves, and he became a Full Radiant. Kane Lashed himself up, his newfound freedom apparent. Kane flew at the Trellurgists and with Gravitation, wiped nearly all of the attackers in the vicinity out. It was laughable. Kane Lashed man after man after man every which way. He ChayShanned people in the face, promptly ending lives. His Determination was infinite, his strength unmatched. He was Radiant.

A day later

T'Telir was mostly repopulated, the streets mostly cleaned up. The battle had ended mere hours after Kane swore his oath, in no small part due to him. Hopeseeker had healed a single person with her Breath, saving a life. That life was Tikor's. Tikor had been sent by Kane to a planet called Taldain. Hopefully, the poor boy would be safe there. Kane himself flew through the Cognitive realm freely. His goal was to reach the legendary planet, Vaeria, soon. Kane knew of several Aetherbound, and also knew that he himself would someday probably need some extra power. His power that he chose was meant to be conservative, so no Hemalurgy. his choice: an Aether. If he could find the planet.

1 month later

Kane had found it, at long last. Vaeria was a beautiful planet, similar to Scadrial in many ways, most prominent amongst them being its greenness. Kane was excited. But, alas, he would have to find another way home, for his Stormlight was totally depleted. He walked around for some time, greeting people and being generally kind. His friendliness paid off, and he found out how and where to bond an Aether. First, he had to find a Vo-Dari. he walked into an Aedin temple, nearly bouncing with excitement. This was it! This was where he could obtain an Aether. A voice called behind him. "Hello, there!" A man in white robes walked up to Kane. "Hello." Kane replied. "Come with me." the man said. "We have matters to discuss." Soon, they were in the man's office. "I heard reports of a flying man near town." he said. "Care to explain?" Kane groaned. he should have been more careful. He shrugged and told the man his story. 

'And so, now it is my quest to obtain an Amberite Aether." Kane finished. The man nodded. "Are you Vo-Dari?" Kane asked. "Indeed." the man said. "Come with me."

1 week later

Kane dodged the vine, rolling sideways. The priest, who revealed that his name was Oieth, had helped Kane bond the Aether and now, Kane trained. He was actually quite powerful, able to grow a large sword and a full suit of armor with more power to spare. He had proved skillful with the Aether but Oieth claimed Kane still wasn't ready. Kane suspected that really, the man simply enjoyed Kane's company. It was all right, because not only did Kane enjoy training, but he enjoyed Oieth's company, as well. And yet, once again, a messenger suddenly arrived. he handed the message to Kane, who quickly read it. Tikor needed him as soon as possible. Kane turned to Oieth. "Can you send me?" he asked. The man nodded and touched Kane. Suddenly, he stood next to Tikor. "Son?" Kane asked. Tikor blinked, clearly surprised. "Father. I have turned thirteen. I know this is hard for you, but... as you promised, will you return me to Roshar?" 

1 day later

Kane left the building, knowing that he would never see Tikor again. He had always thought Tikor a son, but Tikor thought he was apprenticed to Kane, though did treat him with respect and called Kane father. Kane had lost another loved one. I must find Rhazien. Kane thought. He glanced skyward and flew.

6 days later 

Kane focused, allowing his Amberite to grow, to change. The crackling started. It soon formed into a solid crystal gauntlet. It was weird to use the thing. All his life, Kane had been dependent on the Metallic Arts. Now, he was instead using crystals and Stormlight. It was an odd perspective. Kane began to move his arms in circular patterns, accessing the Dor. He could sense it. It was odd. The Dor was constantly moving, trying to break free, trying to manifest. Kane was positive that only users of ChayShan could actually sense, and use the Dor for purposes other than magic. He could feel… Aons being drawn, by Elantrians. He could sense innocent souls, disappearing, their life force being transported into Dakhor monks. He could sense potions being brewed, Soulstamps beings applied. And… was that Bloodsealing? Interesting. It was used far less commonly than the other arts. Even on Roshar, Kane found he could reach the Dor. Hearing some branches crack and break, he crept forward, burning electrum for a small view into his future. When he met Nei’an, he had been reminded of electrum when the Aviar, Klaw, showed him his death. In the small bubbles floating on the edges of his vision, he saw no chances of death… yet. Suddenly, an enormous burst of Dor energy was released, and very close to where Kane was. He focused and interpreted it. An Essence Mark had just been applied.

Kane inhaled sharply, Stormlight flooding into his tired body. He suddenly was urged to move, to act. Sheer adrenaline coursed through his body. He still was new to the sensation. He Lashed himself in the direction where it had come from rapidly. He streaked through the forest, dodging trees and bushes, zipping and flitting around crazily. Finally, he broke through the forest and saw a person standing near a circular pool of water.  The person didn’t seem threatening. Kane landed beside the person.

A quiet masculine voice spoke.

“Strange, isn’t it? This perpendicularity sits here, essentially able to teleport you to any location, yet I did not use it. Instead I used my new experiment, space-time Essence Marks.” The man showed Kane a large stamp. “These marks change one’s position by changing their past. Change their choices of the past, to move them. It is temporary, of course. There is no permanent way to teleport. It will unravel in a day. My work on this planet is luckily nearby. But I knew that the best way to do it would be to summon a nearby Windrunner to Lash me off in the direction that I need to go in. A Windrunner that could sense the Dor. My first choice was you, of course.” The man looked Kane in the eye. “Will you send me to where I need to go? The payment, of course, will be this.” The man held up an odd bracelet, metal engraved with gems. “This device is made from various magic technologies. The Excisor built in allows you to occasionally summon Determination. The ettmetal increases your Allomantic prowess and lets you occasionally summon electrum to burn. The symbols let you start ChayShan faster. The stones give you more Amberite. And most importantly, the gems can summon Stormlight.”

Kane nodded.

The man handed the bracelet to Kane, who slipped it onto his wrist.

“Twist this to tighten it.” Kane did so.

“I need to reach Urithiru, immediately.” Kane inspected the bracelet, and willed Stormlight to appear in the gems. Suddenly, the gems flashed, and began to glow.

“Careful. It will summon Stormlight, but it will be several hours before you can do it again.” Kane nodded, then Lashed himself and the man upwards, then South by Southwest.

3 hours later

The pair landed at the bottom of Urithiru.

“Thank you.” The man said. “If you ever need me, grow a Soulstamp out of Amberite in this shape,” he said, showing a stamp to Kane, which Kane memorized and stuffed into his Coppermind. “and apply it to your skin. It will bring you directly to me for a day.”

And with that, the man walked away.

8 days later

Kane ran. He knew the Rules. But he couldn’t help himself. Coming to Threnody wasn’t exactly his smartest choice, and running was even less so. But he had to know what Shelan was doing. The Trellurgists, fragmented and weakened, had escaped from Nalthis and Sel and fled to Threnody. They had overrun homesteads and killed many people, all so that they could attract Shades for their… experiments. And now, they were up ahead, slaughtering another group of hapless people, spiking another swarm of Shades into them. He grew a long dagger out of Amberite and a thin suit of armor. A Shade nearby attempted to strike Kane. Kane rolled forward, summoned a short burst of Stormlight, and shot forward in a massive Basic Lashing. He couldn’t waste Investiture on fighting off Shades. Kane swung his dagger, killing a Trellurgist perimeter guard. A Shade escaped the body, continuing to haunt Kane. He cursed, avoiding the creature, and slamming into another man. The man stood up and Kane yelped in shock as he realized that this man was Shelan. Kane roared in fury and created a massive Amberite warhammer, swinging at Shelan madly. The man dodged and paused. He was trying to DuraSoothe Kane! Angrily, Kane siphoned Determination into his body, resisting. Shelan gave up and drew his sword, then charged Kane. Kane knew that the man was a Thug and Tineye, so this battle would be difficult. Kane grew an Amberite sword, but he knew that he would have to be more careful with his Amberite for the rest of this battle, as his Aether was beginning to tire.

“Kane.” A soft voice whispered. “Shadesmar is dangerous here. Many Shades have been spiked into Shelan. If you kill him, he will be able to staple himself back into his body.”

“He won’t have a body.” Kane replied. And with that, he backhanded the man, pinned him, and grabbed his face. “Become fire.”

The man all but exploded, becoming a blazing inferno, and then dwindled quickly. And Shelan Crawsh, creature of Kane’s nightmares, a soulless demon, a servant of Ruin himself, died.

Kane stared, dazed. His greatest enemy, dead. Mirag’s killer. Kane had won. Suddenly, a new voice entered Kane’s head.

“Good thing I had my spikes on hand, huh?” Shelan said.

2 weeks later

Kane was furious. Shelan had managed to staple his soul into Kane’s body using his spikes that he brought to Shadesmar. Now Shelan’s ghost was present, constantly nagging Kane, offering destructive options that Kane could choose. Kane’s head was getting crowded. Quin, Kane, the Aether, and now Shelan were all present influences within Kane. And it sucked. Kane’s chosen solution was to grow an Amberite Soulstamp, but it was a tad difficult with Shelan chattering in there. Kane focused again, thinking of the pattern that the man had shown him. His Aether was growing tired, and he only had a few more attempts before he would have to wait.

“Kane, my good man, if it makes you feel any better, the Trellurgists are all destroyed.” Kane didn’t sense any bitterness in the man’s voice. That was his plan all along. He wanted to hijack me. It’s my fault. Kane tried once more. The Amberite grew, surprisingly into the right shape. Kane applied the ink, stamped himself, and twisted the stamp.

“Hello!” The Forger said cheerfully. “What do you require of old Mik?”

“What do you know about Shades, Hemalurgy, and Shadesmar?”

“I have some knowledge…. What is the issue?”

Kane explained the issue to Mik.

“Ah, I see. To resolve this, you’ll need a Hemalurgist and Elsecaller. I have a letter for you.” Mik handed the letter to Kane, who then opened it. It read:

Dear Kane,

This is Rhazien. Enclosed is a card with Aon Tia written on it. Tap the Aon, and you will come to me. I request that you educate me in ChayShan. I look forward to seeing you again.

-Respectfully,

Rhazien Montegue

“I suggest not tapping it until the Essence Mark wears off.” Mik said.

24 hours later

Kane was ready. He held up the card. The light outside caused the Aon to shimmer. Tapping this would mean actually being involved in the Alleyverse on a large scale. Kane tapped the Aon. He appeared beside a man. Rhazien.

“At long last, we meet again.”

Is that enough?

No.

I'm working on Nalizar's background story; it may take a while. It will be the Short version: I wrote a 40,000 word story about his original life, but he died, and was reborn in the cosmere/Alleyverse as a Windrunner.( And other things, but he doesn't know that yet.)

"Why cant I do anything" Tessi said to the little creature that sat next to her. "I'm just a power source that Tevarah uses, and not even a very good one, I cant turn into a sword or armor I have no combat training whatsoever and that leaves Tevarah very underpowered. Then he's always worrying that I'll get hurt (he's very overprotective in that way) constantly trying to put me in a box so I can't get injured! Ugg! Why? Why did I have to be the spren that changed? Why did I have to stop being a cognitive shadow? If only I could change back." Tessi stopped. "Wait, wait I can... I can do that?" An idea had just sparked in her brain a brilliant wonderful idea. "I can!" Tessi yelled excitedly. "I just have to go to roshar, I can do it there!"

One day later.

Tessi had tried telling Tevarah that she was leaving, on several occasions, but each time she had tried he had pushed her off, (busy with the Ghostbloods) ever since he became a council member he had become less and less friendly, always making the same excuses "we'll talk later" he says. "I'm busy" he says. Well Tessi wasn't going to wait any longer she had to go do important work, still she had left him a note saying she would be gone for a week or two, but then he'll probably never notice she was gone. So she set off her pack on her back sword at her side (even though she had no idea how to use the thing) she was going, going to ask the night watcher to become a spren again, that's what she wanted.

Three days later from leaving.

"Tefig!" Tessi yelled. "Where are you?" 

"I'm right here mam. I was just scouting ahead, seein' if there be any trouble. I tells ya there be bandits all over these here parts, that there is mam" 

"Storms give me fare warning before you go running off like that again." Tessi said with a glare. "You hear me Tefig! I've had a rough time on this trip and it would be a lot worse if I found out that you had up and left."

"Alright I'll tells ya next time." He said shrugging his shoulders. "Mam we best be off if your still want'n to go where's ya wanna go?"

"Why do you ask that every morning?" "Wow" Tessi thought, "has he always said ma'am so weird, it kinda sounds like he's saying mum." Tessi shook her head. "I swear on the almightys tenth name it sounds like you dont want me to go to the Night watcher."

"Mam I would never be say'n that, I'll go along with what ya think ya need'n to be doing, I just think it's a waist to have such a lovely lady get herself tainted by the Night watcher, that's all it is."

Tessi cocked her head at him. "That's rather sweet of you to say, but I dont just think this is best for me I know that its best for me."

Tefig chuckled. "Whatever ya say mam, whatever ya say."

A few hour of walking later and Tefig looked down at the map he had unfolded, then up at his surroundings. "Alrighty mam, we're close I tells ya real close indeed"

"Are we close enough? Tessi asked, implying. "Are we close enough so I can go look for her."

"Umm yes, but mam if ya dont mind me suggestin'." He pointed to the sun."I would wait until dusk, that's when they says she's most acceptable."

"Alright then." Tessi said. "Pick a safe spot to camp and we'll wait until dusk."

A few hours later.

Tessi was done, she couldn't do it anymore, she was so close and after weeks of traveling she had to go, just had to go look for the Night watcher. She stood up. "Ok Tefig I'm going out on a walk." (Extra emphasis on the walk.) 

"Alright mam, just you thinks about it real hard, there are dangerous creatures out there, and I'm not talkin' 'bout the ones with teeth, I'm talking about the ones that steal your soul."

"Thanks Tefig," Tessi said. "but my mind is made up, I will see you later."

"No mam you won't, I cant see ya afterwards, the Night watcher changes people mam and I cant see that happen to you, seein' as I've grown to like you very much and you remind me of my daughter, I cant see what happened to her happen to you, I'm sorry." Tefig bowed his head and started getting his supplies.

"But Tefig, I thought-" she stopped mid-sentence then turned around quickly not wanting to let Tefig see her cry storms she liked this man to much. "Its ok, you can go, maybe we'll meet again sometime?."

Tefig looked up. "Maybe mam maybe." 

"Ok then, goodbye."  Then she started to walk away. A mix of emotions started running through her, guilt for being desperate enough to go to the Night watcher, shame at not being able to protect herself. She started running, she needed a place to hide to be safe to think. Then mist and darkness fell all around her. Tessi stopped looking around, panicked she started running again, then a voice from the darkness said. "Peace child, I am not going to hurt you." Tessi slowed again breathing hard. "You wanted this didn't you?" The Night watcher asked.

Tessi spoke "yes, maybe?"

"Child" The Night watcher said in a soothing voice. "What do you wish of me?"

I...I want to be a spren again." Tessi replied. 

"Are you sure that's what you want?"

Tessi started to answer yes, but then thought better of it. "No, No that's not what I want." She softly said.

The Night watcher looked to her, (usually that question is just formality.) "Then what is It I can give you?"

Tessi thought, thought about how much she liked being human, about how Tevarah always tried to protect her, about Tefig thinking she was going to become something else, someone else. "I want people to not have to worry about me, that I'll never change, never be able to get hurt, or not know how to defend myself, I want to be free from the feeling of not knowing what to do!"

The Night watcher paused, "yes, I see, I can do that. No one will ever be able to hurt or change you in any way, nor will you be able to change or hurt someone or something, you will always know how to defend yourself, but never be able to deal with the problem not able to fix it. That is your boon and your bane, do you understand?"

Before Tessi could respond the mist pulled together and drove into her, going through her chest and out of her back. She collapsed to the ground and heard a faint "Goodbye child, goodbye." Before slipping into unconscious.

This is Tessi's 

Edited by Jehoiada

Here's something for Rashan:

Spoiler

One Month after the Alleyway Bar Incident:

Rashan stood blindfolded in his room on the second floor of the Augur Inn, a bronze spike in one hand, a zinc one in the other. It was a bizarre sight, but Rashan knew what he was doing. In front of him was a dead body, one he'd stolen from the morgue. It depicted a middle-aged man, bare-chested, and scrawled across the skin in his chest were various notes and diagrams in marker. Rashan had added them himself.

As Rashan positioned himself, spikes in hand, he visualized the Hemalurgic bind points in his mind's eye, repeating them to himself again and again. He'd practiced these bind points for a month now, and he was getting pretty good at piercing. After a mental count of three, Rashan lunged at the body, piercing the two spikes through different parts of the man's chest, which Rashan felt go through.

Taking off his blindfold, Rashan regarded the body, now stabbed. Carefully, with a small knife, Rashan dissected the man until he reached the heart. He smiled. Through one of its various tubes was positioned a bronze spike, and through another a zinc one. Rashan had perfectly spiked this man through both bind points. Not bad for being blindfolded. Rashan needed to know the bind points inside out, blindfolded or not, dead target or alive. Taking out the spikes, which had no Hemalurgic charge since the target was already dead, Rashan put his blindfold back on and practiced another set of bind points, only one of which he got correct. That was annoying.

"Rashan?" Rashan heard a familiar old voice call behind him, knocking on the door of his room.

"Yes?" Rashan opened the door very slightly, lest Mrs. Jwaine see the spiked body and get the wrong idea. The elderly woman had deep creases running down her face, and she smiled toothlessly at Rashan. She was the owner of the Inn, and was a gold Misting. An augur. Rashan only knew because she reminded him of it every day. Burning gold wasn't conventionally powerful, but it had its uses. Self-reflection was one.

"Oh, dear, I was just thinking that you spend too much time in that little room of yours, maybe you should go outside, young man?"

Rashan feigned a smile. He was easily two heads taller than the woman, and he had much better things to be doing, but he knew that once you started a conversation with Mrs. Jwaine, you could never get out. " I actually was planning on getting out in the next hour," Rashan lied. He'd spent the whole month cramped in his room practicing Hemalurgy, but he wouldn't tell Mrs. Jwaine that. "So, yeah."

"I see," the old woman replied, and then perked up, as if she'd just remembered something. "Rashan?"

"...Yes?"

"I remember when I was a young one like you, and I burned gold..." Oh, lord. here it was again. Mrs. Jwaine's daily repetition of the same tale. Apparently, she'd once burnt gold as a teenager, and she saw all what she could have been if she had made different choices. She would go on and on, saying that the moral was to choose your choices wisely, which Rashan thought was great, if you hadn't heard it a thousand times. When she finished the narrative, she looked to Rashan, as if expecting him to say something. rashan smiled politely and closed the door, getting back to his Hemalurgy.

You know, you shouldn't despise her so.

Rashan jumped at the voice. Oh yeah. He was a Truthwatcher now. Even then, his spren rarely talked to him nowadays. She disapproved of his Hemalurgy, obviously, and showed it through refusing to speak with Rashan. But as long as Rashan was following the 'Truthwatcher way', Veo couldn't say anything. Truthwatchers were all about using knowledge to help others, and Rashan was doing that, by first gaining knowledge. Knowledge about a despicable magic practice, but still. Besides, Rashan had his own reasons for learning about the art, his own curiosities. Voidus had taught him a little, and that had helped him understand the basics, but since his death, since that day, Rashan had been doing nothing but sharpening his skills. He didn't think of replying to Veo, as she wouldn't reply back. That was Veo's thing. To say something, and then not say anything after that for a week. Whatever. Her idle comments didn't matter to Rashan.

Rashan heard a knock on the door. Harder, now, and more forceful.

After her first time in the bar:

Mejin knew she had no hope of sneaking in without getting caught. She cautiously stepped inside, peering both ways.

”Sulfur, Jin?” her mother said, stepping from the shadows. “Where have you been?”

Mejin shook her head. “Out.”

”And a gunfight broke out?”

”Yes.”

”Praise the Survivor you’re alright!”

”There was a Mistborn.”

”You fought, didn’t you?”

”No. I retreated home immediately as soon as the first shots rang out,” Mejin lied. To say she had spectated would scare her mother dreadfully.

”Go on up. Tino has been waiting anxiously for your return,” her mother said.

Mejin hurried upstairs to where her little brother was trying to remove parts of a building without knocking it over.

”JinJin!” he cried as he noticed her.

”Hey, Tee,” she ruffled his hair. “Don’t tell Mum, but I saw the strangest thing today.”

”What happened?” His eyes grew large.

”People were asking a smallish mediumish largish rock for help.”

”Did it help?”

No, it was killed. Mejin thought, but she couldn’t tell Tino that.

” I think so. It looked like it responded.”

”Whoa.” Tino was still easy to impress - he was six. He had also Snapped before he was born. Tino had never known not being a Thug. 

But this mini army was squeamish. Blood scared him. Knives made him freeze. And the thought of death terrified him. It was Tino’s phobias that had led Mejin to stop fighting. How could she make her brother scared to look at her?

So she’d stopped. But now? After getting a rush from watching the fight, she was almost tempted to go back at it.

No. I can’t. She told herself. But maybe I’ll just watch from a little closer.

Tino squeezed her arm.

”So? Did you find someone to take you?”

”What do you think Tee?”

”No.”

”But I’m still not giving up. I’m getting some connections. I may even be able to get you a spikeless cookie.”

”Get me that cookie and I’ll be happy,” Tino smiled.

Some Mejin stuff

I know it’s not much, but I’m going to keep adding to this when I have time.

Edited by Silva

This happens right after his defeat at the alleyway bar.

Spoiler

Lightning flashed, momentarily revealing a large dark mountain, far away from the rest of the Alleyverse. A man, soaking wet and covered in blood fell from the sky and crashed onto a small ledge. Groaning the man slowly turned over onto his back, revealing eyes that glowed silver.

Standing up, Soul stumbled along a small path that wound its way around the mountain. Coming to a small metal door, he pulled out a key and slid it into the lock. Pulling the door open, he walked into the mountain. Brilliant light shone through the door before it shut, leaving the stormy mountain hidden by darkness once more.

The cavern that served as Soul’s fortress had raw gemstone imbedded everywhere in the walls, floor, and ceiling. These gems provided a natural light, glowing with investure. Soul collapsed onto the floor, which was perfectly smooth, in contrast to the rough walls and ceiling. Laying on his back, Soul simply started sliding down the passageway using lashings to direct his way.

Coming to an open cavern, Soul stood up and walked towards another small door. Walking through this door he found medical supplies, which he used to bandage the spike holes that were left in his body.

”How did I lose El? I have never lost a battle before, and I’ve killed hundreds at once. How did one man beat me?”

”You have skill in warfare, but not enough experience in fighting people with investure. I have tried to tell you, but you ignored my pleading. Tapping Identity to enrage yourself makes you dangerous to common soldiers, but these people are used to fighting raging beasts.”

Soul sighed. “But what can I do? This bloodlust is too strong. I love fighting, and you know why it manifests itself as killing.”

”Yes, but perhaps it is time to remove it. Hemelurgy is not something you should indulge in.”

Pulling his shirt off, Soul looked at the spike that was driven into his chest. Piercing no vital organs it could be removed. This spike granted him his unique form of healing, but because of its power, it damaged his spirit to the point that his natural love of fighting became a raging massacre. “This spike has kept me alive. Stormlight healing doesn’t work on me, and I would be dead without this.”

”You might die with it though. These people are too powerful for you to lose your sense of reason in combat. They will disable you, and removing this spike will allow them to kill you. And through you, me.”

Soul pulled out a small earring. “This might counteract that effect though. It worked at the bar well enough.”

”But you’ll leave yourself open to manipulation!” El started zipping around in agitation. “They have power enough to break your will!”

”One spike and one earring shouldn’t be enough. Not with freedom bond protecting me.”

El calmed down a little bit, forming into a young women. “But your ring. If you activate that spike, then you will be vulnerable.”

Soul glanced at his ring. It was black, with a band of gold around the outside center. But on the inside lay a retractable hemelurgic spike. “Perhaps it is time to let go of this. I never need it in combat. Keeping it here should be fine. I can still use it in the security of this place.” Standing up, he walked over out of his medical room and through a different door. A bed lay in one corner, and manny small drawers lay imbedded into the wall. Pulling one of these open, Soul dropped his ring into it and shut it. 

“You should be safe. And she would want you to be safe more then anything.” Else whispered. 

Soul walked away from the drawer without a word, and walked over through the large cavern through another door. The door led to a room filled with barrels of spheres. Soul deposited his empty ones, and filled his supply with fresh ones. Walking out he stuck the earring through his ear and he heard a new voice.

”Hello, how is my new friend doing today?” 

Edited by Life&Death

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't realize this thread existed, so here is my current character building posts.

Scene 1:

Spoiler

It was a dark and stormy night.

A man steps out of the darkness. I need revenge for what they have done to me, Anthony Nightshade. He slowly walks up to the buildings. "I will get revenge on Harmony by destroying this building full of sleeping children," he whispers. Wait, no! I can't kill them! There innocents! He turns to walk away, then he remembered something. (flashback) "Anthony! Help!" she said! Then a beam fell between them, hitting one of his eyes, ruining it. "NO!" he yells. Later, men who had stopped the fire found him, sitting in the burned house. His wife had been crippled, and his daughter had broken her arm. He blamed Harmony for this. Ge grabbed his armor from the wreckage. Before he left he bought a new, fireproof, stone house for his wife and daughter. He promised them he would be back soon. As he thinks of this, something inside him snaps. He turns back toward the building, his eye glinting. As he walked away, his eyepatch illuminated in the firelight, screams of pain in his ears, he thought to himself, I will need a new name. From now on, I will be Hellbent. I will never break my word

Scene 2:

Spoiler

Before he got far, Hellbent was caught by the constables. As Hellbent sat in prison, awaiting execution he thought of what he should do. A day passes, and the constables come. He is to be executed by a revolver to the head. 

The judge proclaims, "Anthony Nightshade-" 

"HELLBENT!!!" he yelled.

"you have been sentenced to execution for the murder of sleeping children. Do you have any last words?"

"Do it. "

The constables fired, but Hellbent tapped his hidden chromium metalminds. The three bullets missed, one shooting into the crowds, killing a random man, one shooting a constable in the head, and one shooting a constable in the leg, causing him to accidentally shoot the last constable in the chest. Hellbent jumped up, and ran out of the door in the chaos. He worldhopped to Roshar. He appeared up in the center of the highstorm, wind blowing his hair. Luckily for him, the constables hadn't even taken most of his metalminds, as they were hidden. He kept tapping them, and got blown straight into a sheltered cave, totally unharmed. He curled up and slept, with only one last thought. Will I ever be able to go back?

Scene 3:

Spoiler

Hellbent emerged after the storm had past. Now that I am on Roshar again, I will need to get money. And the easiest way to do that is thievery. He spent day ambushing small groups of merchants and thieves alike. He always left exactly half of the group alive (he only attacked even number groups). Later, because of this, some of the natives of the Iri came to believe he was a deity.  Months later, after Hellbent had started a criminal syndicate and was living well, he discovered a temple. The priests there bowed to him immiediatly. He stepped up to the statue. The engraving below it read "the herald of darkness". As he slowly walked away, he whispers, "I can use this. Oh, yes I can!"

Scene 4:

Spoiler

Hellbent arrived in Yeddaw later that day. He sucked stormlight from some spheres, and lightweaved himself a disguise of a poor farmer, with a heavy load on his back. He got in quickly. His spren floated behind him. The spren had been silent for a long time.

Hellbent turned, and said, "I have almost forgotten you. I am sorry. I promise I will be more faithful to you from know on. I will not ever forget you, and will speak to you until you are destroyed. I will name you... vortex. Is that good?" 

"The spren, vortex, said in a soft voice, "I will forgive you this time. But never again."

Hellbent summoned her as a shardblade. He dismissed the illusion disguising him. He decided something then and there. There would be no more hiding.

"I will never again cut my hair," he whispered, "I will never again bow to local authorities. I will only be submissive to the leaders of nations. I am not a man for cowering before weak men and women. I am no longer Anthony Nightshade. I am Hellbent! The dark herald!"

He walked up to a wall, then cut huge stairs into it with vortex. The dark blade cut quickly, and he was skilled enough that it fell smoothly onto the street directly by where he was cutting. He then made a huge tunnel, slanting slightly upward. As he worked he thought, If only I had some sort of weapon or tool that could vaporize nonliving material. It could come in the shape of a glove, and disintegrate a tunnel. Maybe we could make a fabrial of that. He reached a layer closer to the sruface and flattened out. He created a small maze if tunnels. As he worked he thought of something. That object may not exist in this universe, but maybe I could do something similar. From then on, instead of slowly cutting the rock into smaller peices, he soulcast the peices into grain. When he was done wiht the confusing pathways, he threw out the grain to the people on the streets. It was gone within the minute. Finally, he cut a huge room out of the stone. The room was a huge hall, complete with three huge long tables, and a giant platform at the end.He soulcast the table into metal, then made multiple off-shooting rooms from the sides. He also cut a hidden room behind the platform. He went out, and bought many doors, beds, and chairs. He also bought with his spheres multiple different weapons and lamps he could put spheres in. He then bought glass. He then renovated the hall, and made it a beautiful place. He cuts a pettern into the ceiling, where it reached the surface. In those areas he put metal framed glass. On the surface he coverd this with a huge lake he created. Weeks later people would wonder how they  and he was the literal had never noticed a large lake less then an hours walk from the city. He made the place a area fit for a church. And it would be. After all, he had to follow through on his promises. So he would use the strange church that had developed. They would be the leaders of his new criminal empire. He didn't plan on staying on this planet after all. He just needed a backup money source for when he was on this planet, and a place to get away from those who would chase him. He traveled back to the area , where he had found the church, and he told them to travel to Yeddaw. When they arrived he brought them to the hall, and they moved in. They all got jobs in the city, getting income and living in the rooms by the hall. He stayed with them for a week, then went back out. He went to the criminal syndicate, and established the blood radiants* as there new leaders. He themn tracked down groups of theives all across the continent, and forced them into his empire. The blood radiants were the leaders of this empire, and he was the holy leader of there religion. He was a powerful criminal, and he bowed to no one. Once he was done, he used vortex to make a huge flash of bright light, and dissapeared into the air. He then reappeared a short distance away, in another tunnel. He sat there, talking with vortex. It is time. I will become someone again.

*The blood radiants are the church that worships him as the dark herald

Edited by Ark1002

• 2 weeks later...

A figure sat on the edge of an abyss.

It surrounded him, nearly consuming him, with its cold dark embrace. The figure lit a lamp, and began to write.

I hear their voices, even here. I can still see their lands in my minds eye. I can smell the slime, and feel the rough texture of the stone. They whisper of things that would drive men mad. As I sit here, on the edge, they call for me. They tell me to burn, to destroy, to end. And it’s horrible.

As the figure wrote, the light of the lamp revealed things previously hidden. The figure sat in a room. The walls were devoid of windows, and there was no outline of a door upon them. There were no visible holes, for the thing the room contained did not need to breathe.

They talk of the things I did when they think I can’t hear them. Of the horrible things I speak of. They do not realize. They do not realize.

A small hatch opened in the ceiling, and a small box was lowered to the ground. Within was contained oil, ink, and paper. It was delivered weekly, and had beeen for years.

An end is coming it is proclaimed. Not by those ones, but the ones that speak only in dreams of madness. Dreams filled with cyclopian cities, and nightmares that even the mad dread. An end is coming.

The figure calmly split their finger, and signed the paper in blood. The movements were practiced, having been repeated many, many times.

Gaan, a prophet of sorts 

He then put the paper in a small brown book, the pages of which were well worn, and snuffed his light out.

There’s a reason some of this rp doesn’t make any sense. Gaan is insane, and very much so.

I'd like to apologize. I wrote this on mobile (bleh) late at night (bleh) while tired (bleh) with little research into some of the extraneous characters. I've written worse, but I've written ssoooooo much better. I'll update this as I find time/inspiration.

I had a backstory for Yzabet here, but realized that an unknown backstory is more powerful than a known one.

Edited by I am Witless
Deleting Yzabet's poorly-written backstory. It had a cool ketek.

I'm writing this as a sort of intro to Deras which details exactly how he awakened and some encounters so that I can properly transition into RP stuff

The Lifeless awoke with a start.

Or technically, he was already awake for a while, but not until then did he truly become conscious, he could see the room, hear the quiet tides of the ocean outside. He felt the wood at his back and the numerous metal spikes within his body, he felt them, but they didn't hurt. Finally, he smelled. The smell of fresh air, and then the smell of a sea breeze washed over him and calmed his senses. He was... alive?

He moved to walk forward, but realized that his wrists and legs were bound. He looked at the straps on his arm and tested their strength. They snapped easily, next he freed his other arm, then his legs. The bindings were very easy to break. He felt strong. Stronger even? In relation to what exactly, he didn't know. What he did know was that he felt the strength.

He stepped forward, bare feet on stone ground, step by step, he slowly walked, feeling himself. He stumbled, but caught himself, though he did step on something thick and wet. He looked down and saw a dead corpse. Instinctively, his body took in a quick and large breath of air: A gasp. He felt something within the pits of his stomach, perhaps fear? Disgust? Somehow, he knew these concepts despite just being ...'born.' Without taking a second look, he fled the sight and walked out of the tight stone chamber.

His gait was more stable, steadier, as if his mind knew exactly what to do. Making his way to the antechamber, he noted several things of interest: numerous syringes with clear viscous liquids in them, and a mirror. He knew what mirrors did, but forgot for the moment, he stepped in front of the mirror and was startled when a large, tan man with several metallic spikes in his body appeared. He instinctively stepped backward, and the man also did the same.

He raised his arm, and the newcomer mimicked it. He remembered, mirrors reflected images. This was himself.

Himself...

In that moment, a truth made itself known in his mind, or perhaps it was always there, dormant, repressed. He was a Lifeless, awakened by a creator for a purpose, and being a Lifeless, he was a corpse with a past. With this truth, several other questions came to plague him: Who created him, and for what purpose? And who was he before he died and re-awakened? He breathed in, though he knew he didn't need to, and took the syringes from the table, though he couldn't very well tote them around in his hands, he needed something to hold them. A... a bag. He needed a bag of some sort.

He emerged from the antechamber into the main room, still made of stone, needles still in hand. There were several unused wooden lengths with straps attached, and tables that carried vials, stones, some nondescript metallic apparatus, and more metallic spikes. He spotted what he needed on one of the tables, not a bag, but a pair of pants with pockets.

He wore the pants over his loin-cloth and carefully placed the syringes inside the pockets. He also needed something to cover himself, which was quick to find: a rag on the floor. If he was startled by his own reflection, it's likely other people would be too. The rag draped over him like a cloak, not all the way around, but enough. He checked himself in the mirror and nodded. The rag covered most of his torso and spikes, though someone might still see the spikes if they look closely enough.

He finally walked out of the building and saw the sea, heard its waves crashing on the beach. The sea... he remembered it being significant somehow, but nothing else surfaced in his mind, so he continued walking.

What was his name, he wondered.

Edited by Cyanic

This takes place a day after my last post in DwF

Spoiler

Naermen awoke. The pain had retreated.

How could she have been so stupid? Using the entire power of the Dor to launch her face into a secure forcefield made entirely of investiture?

It was fuzzy, her memories. She stored away what she could into a coppermind. she hadn't realized she could do that. maybe the trauma opened her up to it.

She didn't know where she was only that she was lying in a soft bed in a warm and dimly-lit room. But she didn't know where.

She thought out loud to the mist. She couldn't see it, but she thought it might be near. "Where are we?"

There was no answer. 

She sighed, then got out of bed, finding that she could stand reasonably well despite being in bed for... any amount of time. She didn't know how long.

She looked around her room. It was furnished with only the bed, no windows, but a door in front.

Klaw was gone. The Patji bombs were gone. Nei'an's coat was gone.

What had happened?

=================

The area was deserted. Nobody in sight. Naermen lived in isolation for days. There was always fresh food waiting by her living quarters, and plenty of things to fill her time with, but she caught sight of nobody.

And she still couldn't find any of Nei'an's belongings.

The beige mist was gone. She never found anything that implied it's presence.

She lived alone.

===============

It was night when she saw him.

She was exploring the area she was entrapped in, a feeling of confusion and frustration multiplying every couple of minutes when a figure stepped from the shadows.

He wasn't terribly tall or athletic, and his face and clothing were obscured in the shadow of a falling sun.

But one feature of his was discernable.

The spikes through his eyes.

The figure motioned for her to follow him.

==============

Then she saw him in the light. He wore Nei'an's coat, bore Nei'an's Patji bombs, protected by a Nei'an's aviar.

It was him.

=============

And she was taught her abilities. Everything happened in the blink of an eye. She was a master. She understood.

she understood by his teachings. He taught her.

She learned to bind the mist to her will, as he had done. She could become the mist. She was it always. They never separated.

And she was ready.

Edited by Gancho Libre

Takes place after Deras exits Einladung Hospital

Part 1:

Deras ran, each stride was a short leap that propelled him many meters forward, powered by his immensely strong muscles. He was as strong as two men and two parshendi, granted to him by the spikes that also granted him sapience.

He stopped at a small town. It was quiet save for the rain, people nowhere to be seen. He walked slowly, bare feet splashing against the puddles forming. His pants and cloak were completely soaked, though he didn't feel cold or uncomfortable.

It was silent. Eerily so. That Deras could feel that made him even more on edge. He looked around, the rain was heavy and obscured much of the landscape, but his tin-spike enhanced senses were able to parse the endless clouds of water. He heard a faint scream and rushed off to that direction. The sight that greeted him would have twisted his stomach if he weren't Lifeless.

There was a group of creatures, vaguely humanoid in the rain, but he could see that they were beasts, with the features of dogs, they were huddled around a corpse, its blood mixing with the rain water as the beasts ate away the flesh. He looked to the side to see a young woman, back to the wall as she sat on the mud, her dress soaked. She was trembling and her eyes were wide, the beasts weren't paying attention to her, but she didn't seem capable of running, not in this state.

One of the beasts ripped free another piece of bloody flesh, looked up, chewing and looked straight at the woman.

The beast pounced.

Deras had finished contemplating and gawking. It was time to act. Before the beast could get within a foot of the woman, Deras' body struck and sent it flying into the wall of a nearby structure, the noise of broken bones emanating from the impact. At this, the other beasts, at least four others, looked up from their feast and straight at Deras, they roared an inhuman sound and charged simultaneously.

The Lifeless responded in kind, running into the center of the cluster, shoulder first. One of the beasts met the same fate as the first, being hit and launched backward, though, even at the initial impact, Deras could hear and feel its bones breaking. The rest of the creatures stepped to the side and rushed him. Deras managed to grap one in the throat and killed it by squeezing, destroying its neck. The other two however managed to grab him, one of them biting into his leg, and the other clawing at his shoulder.

There was no pain, a perk of being Lifeless. He focused first on the beast on his shoulder getting a few generous gashes on his chest and arms before seizing it. One hand on its arm and the other on its neck. The beast on his leg kept chewing and his leg was getting coated by a thick layer of blood, only slightly washed away by the rain. Deras used the one in his grip to bludgeon the one on his leg, again and again, blood spattered out from both monsters until the monster on his leg stopped chewing. Their bodies a jumbled mess of flesh, muscle, and bones. He wrenched off the beast from his leg and threw both corpses aside.

His leg was completely devastated. He tried walking, but fell, he suspected the leg was chewed near to the bone, though blessedly, he could already feel a part of him working to patch over the damage done, albeit rather slowly. He picked at his pocket and found one of his syringes of clear ichor-alcohol. He contemplated and breathed, looking it over.

He shoved needle into his arm where the veins likely were and injected the substance. He felt his leg regenerate even faster now, even the gouges on his torso were being filled. The leg's muscles were back, but the flesh was still missing. At least he could walk. He turned to the young woman, now crying, futily trying mend the bloody mess of a corpse that the beasts were eating earlier.

He approached her. "Must leave. Not safe." He said, though she ignored him.

"Father... father... come back, father..." He could hear her saying quietly in between sobs.

"Please. Must leave." He insisted but the woman still ignored him. "Forgive." He said as he picked her up, still sobbing, eyes wide.

Deras ran the length of the town, looking for other people, someone to leave the woman to, guards, anyone. It was a fair time before he came upon a group of armed men moving away from the town. He walked up and they tensed, leveling their weapons at him. "Not harm." He yelled out. "Have hurt woman." He said, not stopping. The men hesitated and lowered their weapons.

As Deras drew close he saw that they had with them other people too, unarmed ones, children, elderly, there were some other men and women within the group that were also unarmed. "Who are you?" One of the armed men asked. That seemed to always be the first question people asked Deras.

"Deras." He gestured to himself, with his usual answer. "Will help." He said after a bit of thinking. The man nodded and took the young woman from his arms. "Woman traumatized. Take care." He said as he handed her over. They seem to be easier trusting of him than his previous encounters, it was likely the rain, and his soaked cloak.

One of the armed men, approached the woman being carried away. "Rina! Rina, you're alive!" The voice was a woman's. Her gender not apparent from her helmet and thick garbs. She spoke softly, but didn't get a response from the woman she called 'Rina.' The man carrying her continued on after telling the armed woman that Rina might be in shock. The woman took a moment and nodded, then approached Deras.

"Thank you, for saving my sister." She said and Deras nodded. "Were... there other survivors?"

"Ran length of town, found none." He replied.

"I... see. Thank you." Deras nodded again. The woman moved to walk away, but before she could get a few feet, Deras sensed something. In that instance it felt like a sudden pit in his stomach and the hairs on his back stood quickly. He turned to face where the feeling came from and was greeted by a dagger in the throat, blood spilling from the new wound. Deras looked forward with wide eyes and saw a man with black voids in his eyes. The armed woman dashed forward and slashed, but the assailant dodged back quickly, the dagger drawn back into his hands and more blood poured out from Deras' throat.

Deras gritted his teeth, putting a hand over his wound and squeezing. The ichor-alcohol-boosted regeneration was still working, but wore off right that second. Blood continued to pour out as Deras looked around. Plug the wound. His current goal echoed in his mind. He saw a metal glint by the woman's belt, he grabbed it before she could react and stabbed the dagger into his throat, tearing a piece of his ragged cloak and tying it tight around the dagger and throat. the blood still leaked, but it was slower.

The man that attacked him still stood, dagger out, ready to strike again. That he didn't was a mystery, and a miracle, but not for long. The creature stepped forward, speed almost blinding. It was fast, but so was Deras. His danger sense and speed enabled him to catch the man, though it managed to land a hit in his collar bone, close to the neck, but not quite. He grabbed the man's arm and prepared a punch, but the woman beside him was faster and slashed at the creature's throat. Not quite decapitating it, but close. It fell, and Deras stomped its head in to be sure of its death.

Deras injected another one of his needles into himself, boosting his regeneration temporairly. His leg and torso had healed completely. He turned to the woman and said with not a little effort, "Than--" he cut himself off as she pointed her sword at him.

"What are you?" She asked. he looked down at himself, the spikes in his torso were showing, and besides that, the most obvious evidence of inhumanity was the dagger sticking out of his throat, that had flesh growing around it as he thought.

He pulled the dagger out of his throat, letting a trickle of blood out, before dropping the dagger. "Not enemy. Already helped."

The woman hesitated, "fine," she said as she sheathed her sword and walked toward the group, who had already gotten farther, Deras following behind.

Part 2:

The group walked for a time, Deras at the back of the group with the armed woman close by. There have been some monsters that attacked the group, mostly one or two of the beasts that Deras fought first, but they were easily dispatched by the guards. It seemed the amount of abominations they encountered were getting less the farther they were getting from whatever epicenter spawned them. The rain hadn't let up, and it seemed there was another storm brewing somewhere behind them.

A roar bellowed behind them a deep, inhuman roar that echoed through the air. The group turned to the source of the sound and in the distance saw a towering figure, shadowed by rain, and Deras could see better details. It had a twisted face and bulging muscles. It was large and it was running right for them.

Deras readied himself and so did all the other guards, pulling out swords, and firearms. As the giant got close, some loosed fire and shot at the beast, but it didn't slow, or even flinch that he could see. "Run!" One of the men from the group shouted and the groups started running. Deras planted his feet, facing the coming abomination.

The woman he talked with earlier put her arm on his shoulder. "What are you doing?! We need to go!"

"If run, beast will catch up at its speed. Need stay, hold beast back."

"What? but you'd die!"

He shook his head and pounded his chest. "Hard to kill." He said with a smile.

The woman walked back with a nod. "Here." She said as she dropped her shield. "Almighty bless you, Lifeless." She concluded and ran after the group. Deras picked up the shield, it was likely to not do anything against such a creature, but he was grateful to have it. He fumbled with the straps but managed to equip the shield right as the beast arrived, a colossal fist drilling into his shielded arm. His arm broke, shield splintering, but so did the beast's fingers and Deras stood his ground.

The beast gave out a roar of anger and pain and used its other arm to pummel Deras into the ground. The Lifeless held his shield up for all the good it did. If it got his brain, he was sure to die permanently. With his off-hand, he reached for his needle and injected more ichor-alcohol into his system. The beast did not let up, repeatedly smashing the Lifeless on the ground, a crater forming around Deras' body. This was enough time though, the group should have moved far enough that the giant would be unable to spot them in this rain.

The regeneration helped keep him alive, bones reforming as they broke. He would not allow himself to die just yet, when there were still so much things he needed to know. As the monster punched again, and the shield broke, Deras grabbed its slow-moving fist and rode it upward, climbing the limb like a tree, his hands managed to dig deep enough into the monster's flesh to provide good handholds. The beast tried to shake him free, his other hand still broken, but Deras held firm and climbed farther upward.

Reaching the beast's shoulder, he stomped creating more footholds in the beast's shoulder. As he made his way to the creature's head, it futily tried to shake him off with no success. Deras began pummeling the giant head, each strike making the giant flinch and stumble. Finally, the beast managed to wrench Deras free with its good hand and squeezed. The man didn't feel pain, only the pressure, and some of his bones breaking, getting destroyed too quickly to be healed even by the ichor-alcohol-enhanced regeneration.

Before he could be crushed, he felt something, some sort of handle materializing in his hand. He gripped it and swung upward, the beast roared, half of its palm being sliced and it dropped Deras. He looked at the beast's hand and did not see torn and bloody flesh as he expected but a dull and grey thumb hanging loose. Deras looked at the weapon in his hand, a sword, intricate and ornate. He didn't know how to use a sword, but it would still help. It was immensely light, so much so that it felt like he was holding nothing.

The giant reared back its arm and struck with four-fingered fist, its thumb hanging, dead. Deras jumped out of the way, landing on its arm and ran up to its shoulder again. He started hacking everywhere he could find the creature's flesh.

The storm was drawing closer and Deras could feel the energy in the air, as it drew close, he could feel each of his abilities significantly increase, first he could fell every single creature in a large radius, including the beast and the group he helped which were far to the south now. Then he could feel his regeneration boost even higher, tissue and bones repairing themselves almost instantaneously.

Then, he was gone.

--

Sera ran with the group. She looked back and saw the silhouette of the giant in a struggle against the Lifeless man whose name she did not know. The struggle continued as the storm drew closer, she could even feel it from there. In a heartbeat, both the beast and the smaller Lifeless man's silhouette disappeared in a flash of blue light. She breathed a long breath, relieved and caught up with the caravan.

Whoever he was he helped them and protected them, and for that, he had her thanks.

Edited by Cyanic

A short one so Deras knows it's already been 16 years

As Deras arrived in the near the city, he spotted a village which was busy and bustling, like the town from earlier, but a bit farther.

Deras walked near the outskirts, intending to observe, but was stopped by a guard. "Halt. Who are you and what is your business here?" The guard spoke, a woman's voice rang through the helmet.

The man was confused "Business is... wait, no beasts?" Deras said.

"Beasts?" The woman asked almost equally as confused as she stepped up. "What b--?" She cut off. "You...?" She stepped forward again. "It can't be. Stormfather, is that you, Deras?"

The Lifeless man was even more confused now, "Yes?" The woman knew his name?

"It's me," she took off her helmet and he saw that this was the woman he'd helped earlier, but older, she looked to be in her middle-ages now. The woman approached and put her arm on Deras' shoulder, "You're alive?!"

Deras did not reply.

"What had happened, we saw you disappear with the giant?"

"I... not know?" He felt like the first time he came to life. "You... older?"

"Yes, I'm older, you don't have to remind me." She said with an exasperated sigh and chuckled. "You look the same though, perks of Lifelessness, I suppose."

"But where beasts? Where war? What happened?" Deras asked, appreciating the joke, but was more distracted by everything happening.

"Deras, it's been sixteen years since that happened."

Sixteen years? But how? He was just fighting the giant and defending the townspeople earlier, how had sixteen years passed? Did it have something to do with that strange realm of stasis? "I..." It was the only word Deras could mutter. He didn't have any loved ones, but still, sixteen years.

"We were never able to thank you properly for helping our village." She begun. "Your arrival is timely too, we were having a feast tonight in honor of our mayor's birthday. Please come join us, there are still survivors that want to thank you."

Deras stared onward, taking in what she'd just said. "Appreciate offer, but need to find way." He was indeed lost in more ways than one.

"So you'll be heading off?" She sounded slightly disappointed.

After a moment, he replied. "Will."

"Well, do come visit sometime, but for now, on behalf of the town, we thank you. Please, take some chrysts, it's the least I can offer for now, but don't think our debt to you is paid merely from this!"

"Need not money." Deras said. "Keep money, help family, town." he pushed the woman's hand away and closed it. He nodded to her. "Must go." and ran off before she could reply.

• 2 weeks later...

————Shortly after the Master Kane incident————

Spoiler

Max walked down the narrow streets of AlleyCity, noticing how some of the newer architecture had been melded into the old, like the builders had been afraid to take down whatever remained after the War.

Approaching what seemed to be an ordinary dilapidated house, Max rapped on the door in quick succession before whispering to whomever was on the other side: “Peace is a lie.”

Immediatly, Max could hear a slight shuffle behind him as the scraping sound of locks unlocking appeared and the sturdy wooden door of the house swung to give way to a ruined and broken-down interior, albeit with a twisting staircase to the basement.

That was what Max was here for. The basement would actually be many times bigger than the house itself, and it would be a sort of temporary ‘training facility’ for the Ghostbloods in AlleyCity. Walking down the stairs and reaching the bottom, Max was greeted to the sight of what was IronKeep, one of the many GB training spots.

Passing the stealth practise sections and dueling practise sections, Max set himself near the sabotage practise sections before he felt a large hand rest on his shoulder.

“You’re wanted.” A deep voice rumbled behind him. Horneater accent. “Room 811.”

Room 811. Max hadn’t been there, but he’d heard of it. ‘Extensive Training’, it was called. For those with specialised skills.

Running through the various blank white halls, Max finally reached the room and entered, the door snapping shut behind him. A man lay with a mask over his head, tied to a chair bolted to the ground. He lay still, and an unbolted chair stood in front of him.

Immediatly looking for another in the room, Max spotted a dark man in a suit in the corner of the room, clipboard held in his palms.

“Max Nolastname,” He spoke, quoting the name Max had used when entering the Ghostbloods. He didn’t have a last name, and some of the GBs taunted him for that. “What are your powers?” He gestured to the unbolted chair.

Cautiously taking a seat, Max explained: “I can Riot, sir, and I can ‘store’ emotional allomancy in my nicrosil minds, then supertap it.”

“Hmm...” was the man’s response, scribbling onto his clipboard. “And how strong can these ‘supertaps’ get?”

“As strong as I want sir, I just need enough zinc stored up.” Max neglected to mention he was always storing zinc. Even now, he could feel its burn in his stomach.

“Even...” came the response. “Duralumin levels of strength?”

“Possibly more, but yes.”

“Hmm... and you’re still adversed to spikes?” The question hit Max, but didn’t quite make him freeze up. He was beyond getting scared of simple mentions of Hemalurgy.

“I don’t see how that has to do with anything.” Was his reply.

“You don’t see how spikes can relate to emotional Allomancy?”

“No, sir.”

“Huh.” The man gestured at the figure tied up in front of Max with his pencil. Max could see them shuffle a bit. “I’d like you to Riot that man.”

“Absolutely.” Max focused some of his zinc and targeted the figure, spraying them with concern and worry. The figure stirred a bit more, but nothing extraordinary.

“More,” the man said, and Max focussed more of his zinc, tapping some of his nicrosil to strengthen the Riot.

“More!”

“Sir, I don’t see how —”

“I said more!”

So Max focused on more, tapping, and tapping, and then supertapping on the victim, smashing them with the force of a mental flood in emotional Allomancy. He hadn’t used so much zinc since Mara.

Suddenly, something cracked.

Suddenly, Max was in two places at once. He was in both chairs, he was both people. He could control both. Sensing his sudden surprise, the man told Max to stop his emotional Allomancy, who gladly complied, though the feeling was still there.

Max still felt he was in two places.

“How do you feel?” Asked the man.

“It’s like...” Max tried to describe it, but he was lost for words. “It’s like I’m also the man tied in front of me. It’s like I’m two people.”

At this the man frantically noted things down on his clipboard, grinning. After, he untied the figure’s chains and freed them from the chair, even though the mask was still on.

The figure didn’t move. If they wouldn’t try to escape anyway, why tie them to a chair.

“Now,” the man said, taking back his clipboard. “I’d like you to walk this person around.”

What? Max couldn’t understand what the man had said. How would you walk a person. He still felt he was in two places though. It was like he was Connected til the figure. If only... he could...

Max willed the figure to move, and it did. A gasp escaped from his mouth as he realised the full extent of what he’d done. He controlled this person.

Making the person walk around, sit down, and do a variety of other tasks, Max was bewildered, and slightly terrified, of the implications of this. “How?” He managed to whisper to the man.

“Like this,” the man walked over to the person Max controlled, and took off the mask. Underneath, lay a bronze spike in the person’s eye.

Suddenly, something broke again. Max froze up, unable to do anything but stare.

Noting down a few more things on his clipboard, the man sighed. “The thing about spikes, Max, is that they create a hole in one’s soul. With someone as powerful in emotional Allomancy as you, one can take advantage of these hours to directly control a host.”

“Y-you mean,” Max forced himself to speak. “I could have more? Of these servants.”

“Someone like you, Max, and you could have an army. All under your supreme control.” The man wrote something else, smaller, on his clipboard. “You need to really get over your spike problem, though. With it, you become weak. Controllable. Without it, and you become unstoppable. Now, break this Connection and leave.”

Forcing the Connection between Max and the figure he controlled break, Max watched as the man subdued him again, before turning back to Max. “You can leave now,” he said. “Oh, and one more thing.”

“Yes?”

“You’re promoted. Now, instead of going through your normal training, you come here to meet me. All of your lessons get rescheduled to Room 811. You will learn emotional Allomancy and spike-controlling in further detail. You will become fearless of spikes. You will become unstoppable."

And with that, Max left, changed.

Edited by I think I am here.