[OB] I Can't Be the Only One Who...

Ashspren

All of us have a lot of thoughts about Sanderson's books– of course, that's why we're on the Shard. With that, we all probably have some crazy ideas and don't know who else shares them. Thus, I present the "I can't be the only one who..." thread!

Please make sure to put book-specific things in spoiler tags, with a heading of what spoilers there might be! :)

The Rithmatist and The Reckoners:

Spoiler

Towards the middle/end of The Rithmatist, Melody wants to replace her beloved "tragedy" with another word. 

I can't be the only one who thinks that it would have been amazing if that replacement word was "calamity"...

The Way of Kings:

Spoiler

I love Adolin, but sometimes he's just a complete idiot.

I can't be the only one who loves him even more when he's at his most idiotic.

Jasnah can be so mean sometimes...

I can't be the only one who laughs every time she crushes someone's spirits. 

Shallan seemed so... needy at the beginning of WoK.

I can't be the only one who didn't really like Shallan much towards the beginning, but she grew on me.

I can't be the only one who was struggling to hold back tears when Tien died.

Words of Radiance:

Spoiler

I can't be the only one who dropped their book and started laughing uncontrollably when Shallan hugged Wit. 

Moash storming sucks.

I can't be the only one who hates Moash.

I can't be the only one who started smiling radiantly (sorry, that was a terrible pun) when Adolin and Shallan met.

I can't be the only one who started spamming my friends with the words "I am a stick" via text.

Oathbringer:

Spoiler

Jasnah is my personal goddess.

I can’t be the only one who screamed “ROASTED!” when Jasnah rejected Amaram.

I can’t be the only one who dropped the book and yelled “I AM UNITY” in an Arnold Schwarzenegger style voice (don’t even ask— I don’t know how else to describe my voice at that moment).

Elantris:

Spoiler

I can't be the only one who literally cringed when Sarene started bringing food into Elantris. Like girl, I love you, but... terrible timing.

I can't be the only one who screamed "NO!" when Shuden suggested that Sarene marry Roial.

Warbreaker:

Spoiler

I can't be the only one who wants Nightblood. I need a Nightblood in my life.

Edited by Ashspren

I'll do Mistborn.

WoA

Spoiler

I can't be the only one who cringed so hard when Dockson charged the Koloss.

HoA

Spoiler

I can't be the only one who...

A. Sat in quiet contemplation when Goradel died.

B. Danced in excitement when Spook gained Pewter

C. Cried when Elend died.

Alcatraz

Spoiler

I can't be the only one who tried to use Google earth to find crystallia.

6 hours ago, BitBitio the Mudkip said:

HoA

Hide contents

I can't be the only one who...

A. Sat in quiet contemplation when Goradel died.

B. Danced in excitement when Spook gained Pewter

C. Cried when Elend died.

Spoiler

When Elend died, I felt like there was a hole being torn from my chest and then stomped on by koloss. HoA had the best ending ever, though. 

Edited by Pagerunner
Removed OB spoilers

WoA:

Spoiler

I can't be the only one who thought Zane was a horrible character. 

And in a similar vein WoR :

Spoiler

I can't be the only one who's over that storming stick. 

Edited by Calderis

53 minutes ago, Calderis said:

WoA:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

ALL PRAISE THE STICK! THOU SHALT NOT INSULT THE HOLY STICK!

Edited by Pagerunner
Removed OB spoilers

17 minutes ago, Calderis said:

WoA:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

I'm out of rep to give but know that I couldn't agree more that Zane is a horrible character. There are well written dislkeable characters... and then there's Zane off in the corner, skulking about and taking up valuable 'screen time'.

Also, Stick jokes have become far too overused. I guess this is what happens when fans are waiting years for the next book.

I like this thread. 

TFE

Spoiler

I can't be the only one who literally jumped in excitment when Marsh was revealed as an Inquisitor who wiped the other Inquisitors and attacked the Lord Ruler

WoA

Spoiler

I can't be the only one who was sad about Vin's awful-ish treatment with Tensoon

HoA

Spoiler

I can't be the only one who had the same reaction as Vin when Elend pulled a book in the middle of their dance lmao

Warbreaker 

Spoiler

I can't be the only one really glad that Siri Susebron went somewhere (also my favorite cosmere romance by far)

Alloy of Law 

Spoiler

I can't be the only one who still wonders what the hell happened to the women(are they dead? still being used as breeders ? etc) who got captured by Set that wasn't freed by Wax&co. 

SoS

Spoiler

I can't be the only one who didn't see the ending coming with Bleeder being Lessie

BoM

Spoiler

I can't be the only one who wished Wayne actually managed to kill Telsin instead of leaving her to heal

WoTK

Spoiler

I can't be the only who almost cried and laughed alot at the sincerity and ridiculousness when Syl brought Kaladin the poison leaf since she thought he was happy with the leaf without knowing it was meant for suicide.

WoR

Spoiler

I can't be the only one who thought that Sanderson raised the bar of expectations from us waaay too high because of how he setup the Kaladin vs Szeth(fighting in the middle of the everstorm and highstorm who represented both gods with an epic climax) that it felt like a series ender kind of climax than a storming book 2 out of ten.

Secret History

Spoiler

I'm glad about the information of this book and all but i can't be the only one who wished that Kelsier wasn't revived since it felt like it undermined his symbolic death.

Edited by Pagerunner
Removed OB spoilers

22 minutes ago, Pagerunner said:

I can't be the only one who remembers Oathbringer spoilers are not allowed in this subforum yet, even behind spoiler tags.

I do.

Stick was funny the first time, but come on, people obsess over a storming stick too much. Clearly we are all insane.

It's just a darn stick.

Spoiler

Can somebody show me how to hide stuff

Nevermind I was testing on this post and figured it out.

Oathbringer

Spoiler

I can’t be the only person who was disappointed no one got mad at Szeth when he came to serve Dalinar

Spoiler

I can’t be the only one who loves Oathbringer and can’t understand how people said it was tedious to get through 

Edited by SzethIsBadAsHell

11 hours ago, Pagerunner said:

I can't be the only one who remembers Oathbringer spoilers are not allowed in this subforum yet, even behind spoiler tags.

Sorry! Do I need to put [OB] in front of the topic’s title, or is it just not allowed at all?

Also, HOA:

Spoiler

I can’t be the only one who wants to have a dance like Vin and Elend, and literally SCREAMED when he pulled out the book. I’m pretty sure that @Ishar and @Perspective have gotten some hearing loss...

Edited by Ashspren

1 hour ago, Ashspren said:

Sorry! Do I need to put [OB] in front of the topic’s title, or is it just not allowed at all?

Not at all in General Brandon Discussion. If you would like it moved to Cosmere Discussion, let me know, because OB content is allowed there.

You can review the full Oathbringer Spoiler policy here:

1 minute ago, Pagerunner said:

Not at all in General Brandon Discussion. If you would like it moved to Cosmere Discussion, let me know, because OB content is allowed there.

You can review the full Oathbringer Spoiler policy here:

Well, now I have a question. This obviously isn't just Cosmere discussion, it has noncosmere stuff too. Does it still fit in Cosmere Discussion?

Non-cosmere stuff is allowed in Cosmere Discussion behind spoiler tags. (Mostly comes up for Rithmatist, which had Cosmere roots.) So since everything is already going behind spoiler tags, it'd be fine. I'll go ahead and move it there and unhide hidden posts; @Ashspren, @Leyrann ,and @goody153, feel free to edit back in the removed content.

• Pagerunner changed the title to [OB] I Can't Be the Only One Who...
Just now, Pagerunner said:

Non-cosmere stuff is allowed in Cosmere Discussion behind spoiler tags. (Mostly comes up for Rithmatist, which had Cosmere roots.) So since everything is already going behind spoiler tags, it'd be fine. I'll go ahead and move it there and unhide hidden posts; @Ashspren, @Leyrann ,and @goody153, feel free to edit back in the removed content.

Thank you so much!

Oathbringer:

I can't be the only one who is super frustrated when Taravangian tells Dalinar that he sent the Assassin in White to kill him Dalinar is just like Hey, it's cool man.

Also, I can't be the only one who realizes that you can, in fact, be the only one.

Edited by Ishar

11 hours ago, Ishar said:

Oathbringer:

Hide contents

I can't be the only one who is super frustrated when Taravangian tells Dalinar that he sent the Assassin in White to kill him Dalinar is just like Hey, it's cool man.

Also, I can't be the only one who realizes that you can, in fact, be the only one.

I hate King T with a burning passion...

Also, you can indeed be the only one, but looks like people are finding lots of stuff to agree on... *shrug*   *winks*   *flips hair*   *misses*   *hits face*