Silva

3 minutes ago, Nightwaker.exe said:

Third book?

Yes third letter.

SA spoilers

Spoiler

Friend,
Your letter is most intriguing, even revelatory. I would have thought, before attaining my current station, that a deity could not be surprised. Obviously, that is not true. I can be surprised. I can perhaps even be naive, I think. I am the least equipped, of all, to aid you in this endeavor. I am finding that the powers I hold are in such conflict that the most simple of actions can be difficult. I am also made uncertain by your subterfuge. Why have you not made yourself known to me before this? How is it you can hide? Who are you truly, and how do you know so much about Adonalsium? If you would speak to me further, I request open honesty. Return to my lands, approach my servants, and I will see what I can do for your quest.

Edited by Karger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2018 at 9:58 AM, Wandering Investor said:

@hwiles Harmony confirmed he does not know the origin of the metal. Harmony was able to retrieve all of Ruin's power, and does not have any splinters.

Hide contents

Blightsong (paraphrased)

Does Harmony have any Splinters?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Do you mean like in his fingers? *Brandon has a coy smile. Questioner looks at him like "you know what I mean you fool". Brandon laughs.* No, he does not have Splinters right now. Good question.

source

There's also another WoB that states he is having to balance out his extra Ruin, but I can't find it at the moment.

So the spike definitely came from another Shard, the only options being Autonomy and Odium, and if you notice Paalm is constantly talking about freeing people from god's control, aka giving them autonomy. 

White Sand Spoiler

Hide contents

The world White Sand takes place on is tidally locked, so one side is always facing the sun, and the other the stars. This is similar to parts of the original Trelagism

Additionally, a man named Trell was met by the main character. He seemed like a small character, but it shows a possible relationship between Autonomy's world and what's going on on Scadrial in Brandon's mind. 

Spoiler

Trell still exists in the White Sand graphic novels, so I don’t think this is a coincidence. If it was, they would have changed the name.

4 hours ago, InfernalSquid said:

What about the red haze Saze is supposedly protecting Scadrial from?

I'd assume that's Odium, as apparently he's protecting Scadrial just by being there and passively being intimidating, but could it possibly be Bavadin?

I doubt it's Odium, since he should still be bound to the Roshar system or is dealt with in the Stormlight Archive. It's most likely Bavadin. Also remember that the red haze was Sazed making a representation for Wax, not what the threat actually looks like.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/3/2018 at 6:09 PM, The Harlem Worldhoppers said:

Brandon confirms that Trellium is from a shard that we know and the nine shards that were known at the time (this is in the WoB footnote) were as follows;

• Devotion
  • Dominion
  • Preservation
  • Ruin
  • Honor
  • Cultivation
  • Odium
  • Endowment
  • Autononomy

Devotion, Dominion and Honor are all splintered. Endowment believes strongly in non-interference and attacking Scadrial would be against her intent. Cultivation is in the Roshar system and attacking Scadrial would be against her intent. Preservation and Ruin have become Harmony so that's not an option for obvious reasons. That leaves only Odium and Autonomy. Odium is scared of Harmony according to Brandon so a head on confrontation just 15 years after the events in the first half of Stormlight Archive seems a little bit far fetched. I doubt Odium escapes the Roshar system while splintering Cultivation in the first five books of Stomlight which leaves Autonomy as the only remaining option.

Hmmmmm....

Could it be someone other than the usual suspects?

Wasn't there something about needing Elantris Books 2 & 3 before getting to Mistborn era 3? Devotion or Dominion (or a combination of the two) if someone manages to Ascend despite them being stuffed into the Cognitive Realm of Sel, deciding to attack Scadrial would make for a shocking turn! 

So sad that list doesn't include Ambition.. If she had survived Odium's onslaught and then decided to conquer Scadrial, that would've been awesome!

Also, the fact that Mistborn 2nd era is set after Stormlight 5 and before Stormlight 6 might very well be more indicative of it being a Rosharan Shard. Who better than Odium? He has a history of attacking other Shards..

Also, there are so many Worldhoppers taking interest in Roshar. Could be that one of them steal (and I would consider it theft) Honor, that is to say Ascend in a manner similar to how the Ire were planning to do with Preservation. I'd be very sad if Cultivation dies so I'm not considering it. But we do know that Cultivation, if she were on Scadrial would've opposed Preservation rather than Ruin, as the former would become less about protecting and more about stasis, while both Ruin and Cultivation are about change. Maybe she escapes Roshar and decides to punt the new god off to make space for herself. This would affect Scadrial and Roshar very harshly but would be very interesting to see!

But it probably is Autonomy. Mostly because of Paalm's comments of being free of Harmony's influence and the name of the god being Trell as it appears multiple times in White Sand (Trell the mason, Mastrell, Lestrell). Plus, Autonomy is suspected to have aided Odium in splintering various other Shards (Devotion, Dominion, maybe even Honor!) Within Trelagism (now Trellism?) the belief was in a god of the sun and a god of the stars. People worshiped the latter while pretending to worship the former as "he was a jealous god" and "his single burning eye" (Sauron reference!) "hid the Thousand Eyes of Trell". On Taldain there are two sides called Dayside and Darkside, so physically similar to what the faith might be describing. Plus, I always thought the Purelaker faith of Nu Ralik and Vun Makak were also very similar, with them also worshiping one god while pretending to worship the other jealous god (it could also mean that the Investiture in the Purelake fishes belongs to Autonomy! It fits with how her systems normally interact with the local fauna, as seen in Sand Mastery lichen and parasitic worms of Patji's Fingers that the Aviar swallow)

Or it could be worse: both Odium and Autonomy attacking Scadrial.

Then again maybe Scadrial would prevail and Kelsier might join the two Shards to create Revolution!!!!!

(that would be even better than Kelsier going on a spaceship in Era 4, seeking the Shard Ambition wherever she ran off to after getting mortally wounded by Odium, to become a real god! )

Edited by Honorless

On 10/17/2019 at 1:46 AM, Wander89 said:

Hoid having internet would be comedy gold!

The Interludes of Mistborn Era 4 are just Hoid posting on 17th Shard forums...because the 17th Shard would also have internet and call itself the 17th Shard...and Hoid would have found it and found a way in and would post stuff to mislead them...

17 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

The Interludes of Mistborn Era 4 are just Hoid posting on 17th Shard forums...because the 17th Shard would also have internet and call itself the 17th Shard...and Hoid would have found it and found a way in and would post stuff to mislead them...

17thshardception

• Chaos locked this topic