Reading Excuses-The Ivory Tower- Scenes 7,8, & 9- 2Jul18-4770 words

Jorville

6 hours ago, Jorville said:

Yeah that seems to be the consensus, so it looks like I am going to expand a lot of stuff. I was likely going to put a lot of stuff backward, maybe showcase M and her home islands, also I might put in an E perspective. I have a lot of ideas where to go. Is it still worth submitting the rest of it for you guys to look at if I am going to make some drastic expansions?

I don't know. I'm wondering if the stakes are enough to support to novel. Are the main stakes of the story all about healing her father? I'm just not sure I feel the scope of the story at novel level. When I said it feels like a novel, I meant from a pacing point of view, i.e. there would be a positive or negative resolution of the situation with her father, but also that the scope / stakes feel like the opening of the novel, but not the main story arc. So, my expectation was that this opening episode would resolve, then the story would move on to bigger, wider stakes, like a classic 'things get worse' scenario.

1 minute ago, Robinski said:

So, my expectation was that this opening episode would resolve, then the story would move on to bigger, wider stakes, like a classic 'things get worse' scenario.

Yeah, I have been looking into that. I ended it there mostly because I originally wanted to keep it short. but that no longer being the case I am thinking I will be adding some more maybe expand the "fall" of M into more villainy then they way it ends now. I am still formulating stuff because I don't really want to cut stuff because I feel its more essential  to how the story falls out. I think if I try to strip it down I will make it more boring.