Coc: Naermen vs Soul

Life&Death

“Welcome everyone to the dual between Soul and Naermen!” The announcer proclaimed loudly.

The sound echoed through the entrance where Soul waited in the dark. As the last word faded away Soul stepped out into the arena. Dual aluminum swords crossed on his back, cloak billowing dramatically, and his spren, El, spiraling around him in a reflective stream of liquid.

Soul was slightly nervous, as he had never been in a one on one dual before, although he had been in a few dozen wars. Watching Naermen exit a tunnel on the opposite side of the arena, he started burning aluminum.  El formed into a young women and hovered next to Soul. 

“What’s the plan?” 

“Hmm, since I’m not sure about her power set, let’s go with Toilet Bowl mixed with  Rocking Chair. If that doesn’t work, we’ll come up with something else.”

Who’s willing to mediate this? Also can @Archer post a simplified version of our characters? 

I can mediate this if no one else volunteers. That said, I am mediating another CoC fight at the moment.

Here's the cheat sheet for the two combatants: 

Soul: (Life&Death's character)

Spoiler

Investiture: Gravitation and Abrasion (SkyDancer) 3rd Ideal --- Aluminum TwinBorn and aluminum allomantic Savant. Able to access anyone’s metalminds, although he withdraws attributes less powerful then when stored, due to aluminum savant interference.

Weakness: Soul is an aluminum allomantic savant which means that his stormlight investor power is inherently lower due to increase resistance from the aluminum, and when he burns aluminum, it voids his investure levels, but doesn't burn away aluminum itself. This makes him weaker than the average Radiant at surgebinding, but inherently stronger against any direct magical attack. Soul also has a natural bloodlust that keeps him from swearing more than the 3rd ideal. Also has the inability to take most things seriously, which leads to making mistakes, and enemies.

Unable to heal himself with Stormlight in the traditional manner. Stormlight stops him from dying and let’s him heal from otherwise mortal wounds, but very slowly. Example: if his arm was chopped off, it would take a couple months to heal, or if he was beheaded, he lies looking dead on the ground for year feeling all the pain, and slowly regrowing his head.

Appearance: Black cloak woven with aluminum threads over dark grey tunic. Cloak provides limited protection against shardblades and emotional allomancy, but is a typical cloak against other weapons. Shardblade. Two Aluminum daggers with an emerald broam bedded in the base of each blade attached to belt, with smaller aluminum knives attached to wrists. Dual Aluminum swords. Made of an alloy for strength, so Soul is unable to store anything in them. Aluminum armbands, metal vials, pouches of spheres for stormlight, and money pouches of different world currency types.  Small ring of aluminum with a retractable hemalurgic spike of unknown metal. 

Naermen: (Gancho Libre's character) 

Spoiler

Investiture: Oculator, Rithmatist, teleportation of Epic proportions, Aether of Verdant, A-Iron, F- Copper, Surges of Gravitation, and Abrasion, Sand mastery, 150 breaths, Aonic abilities, ChayShan, One Power in limited forms

Abilities: Forgery skill, determination, political proficiency due to Obligator parentage

Weaknesses: Has to use each power in order, controlled by emotions. He experiences burning pain during contact with investiture. He is not very athletic. He tenses up with any mention or reminder of Nei’an

Fears: His greatest fear is pain. He also fears suffocation, the unknown, and from that, the dark

For more information on these, or any other Alleyverse characters, visit my About Me page.

hey archer sorry if I messed this up but my character is a 'she'

Naermen crouched in the entrance, not yet emerging despite the announcer had finished speaking. She was arranging her supplies, feeling twinges of pain as her fingers rearranged occulator's lenses in her pockets. She had, only recently, discovered the entirety of her abilities, and had been entered into a duel.

Finally ready to fight, she did not speak, only stepped into the brightly-lit arena where the announcer, the audience, and her opponent waited for her.

Here is my plan so for mediator and audience eyes’ only.

Spoiler

Soul will form El into a long spear and stab it deep into the ground. Then he will make the spear dull, and slightly bigger then the hole so it is firmly stuck in there. Using lashings and abrasion Soul will slide around Naermen in circles to pick up speed, occasionally dashing in to attack with dual aluminum blades. Eventually when he has picked up enough speed he will grab the spear and use it as a pivot to instantly change direction and fly at an extreme speed at Naermen, while simultaneously summoning El again and forming her into a 15 foot long Koloss sword. Dulled edge so instead of getting sliced, Naermen gets the full crushing blow of a giant sword traveling at an extremely high speed.  

Soul walked out into the arena and summoned El into a long spear. Thrusting the spear deep into the arena ground and pulling out both aluminum swords, he waited for his opponent to make the first move. 

“You ready?” El asked telepathically.

”I’m always ready.”

Naermen sighed. "The second I learn my powers, I'm dueled,"

She closed her eyes in concentration, feeling her Verdant Aether growing, twisting, enveloping the arm it lived on.

She kept her eyes closed. No longer for concentration, but to ward against the pain. It was brilliant, terrible pain. In light of the Cosmere, it was nothing, but in light of herself, it was everything. Her arm was charred to a crisp by burning fire, severed slowly and painfully, agonizingly sprouted out of her body once more, and suffered this treatment again and again in an endless loop of pain.

However, it wasn't only terrible. she had learned how to use this pain. Her body wanted nothing more than to let the Verdant go.

And Naermen didn't stop it. In an instant, Naermen had sent a giant sphere of wriggling vines in her enemy's direction.

Soul watched with interest as green vines grew up Naermen’s arm. He had never seen this type of investure before and was curious on how it would manifest. His question was quickly answered as a ball of vines was launched towards him. Breathing in stormlight he slashed at the vines expecting to slice it neatly in half, but instead they wrapped around his sword and arm. Cursing he dropped the sword and ripped free of the vines.

Spoiler

Okay. Some ground rules we're laying down first.

I’m the mediator. Please don’t attack me. Or manipulate me. It won't work.

A couple of things to keep in mind:

Any interference or assistance by any outside parties will not be tolerated. For example, you can't call in another character to assist.

I will refer to @Gancho Libre as Gancho and @Life&Death as Life.

Gancho's Character:

Spoiler

Naermen: Nei’an’s friend, and new beige patron (female)

Cosmere Awareity: Very cosmere aware due to Nei’an’s teachings

Investiture: Oculator, Rithmatist, teleportation of Epic proportions, Aether of Verdant, A-Iron, F- Copper, Surges of Gravitation, and Abrasion, Sand mastery, 150 breaths, Aonic abilities, ChayShan, One Power in limited forms

Abilities: Forgery skill, determination, political proficiency due to Obligator parentage

Weaknesses: Has to use each power in order, controlled by emotions. He experiences burning pain during contact with investiture. He is not very athletic. He tenses up with any mention or reminder of Nei’an

Fears: His greatest fear is pain. He also fears suffocation, the unknown, and from that, the dark

Habits: Biting nails, paranoia in tense situations pertaining to the fears

Homeworld and Country: Luthadel, Scadrial

Height: 5’8”

Weight: 177 lbs

Build: Slim, not muscular

Hair color and proportions: Redhead, flowing, goes to middle of torso

Eye color: brown, lightens to beige with patron

Face proportions: Angular, somewhat pale skin

Common clothing choice: Refurbished Skaa working tunic under a flowing dark robe, shod with leather, iron studded boots

Life's character:

Spoiler

Name: Real Name is unknown. He is called Soul due to unusually bright eyes. Will die to protect the anonymity of his real name.

Investiture: Gravitation and Abrasion (SkyDancer) 3rd Ideal --- Aluminum TwinBorn and aluminum allomantic Savant. Able to access anyone’s metalminds, although he withdraws attributes less powerful then when stored, due to aluminum savant interference.

Weakness: Soul is an aluminum allomantic savant which means that his stormlight investor power is inherently lower due to increase resistance from the aluminum, and when he burns aluminum, it voids his investure levels, but doesn't burn away aluminum itself. This makes him weaker than the average Radiant at surgebinding, but inherently stronger against any direct magical attack. Soul also has a natural bloodlust that keeps him from swearing more than the 3rd ideal. Also has the inability to take most things seriously, which leads to making mistakes, and enemies.

Unable to heal himself with Stormlight in the traditional manner. Stormlight stops him from dying and let’s him heal from otherwise mortal wounds, but very slowly. Example: if his arm was chopped off, it would take a couple months to heal, or if he was beheaded, he lies looking dead on the ground for year feeling all the pain, and slowly regrowing his head.

1st Ideal: Life Before Death, Strength Before Weakness, Journey Before Destination

2nd Ideal: I will liberate those who's freedom has been denied

3rd Ideal: I will avoid reckless oaths, as they can lead to the breaking of oaths.

4th Ideal: I will avoid giving death as much as possible, as it denies freedom of Life (Soul is unable to swear this, due to extreme bloodlust.)

5th Ideal: I am freedom

Appearance: Black cloak woven with aluminum threads over dark grey tunic. Cloak provides limited protection against shardblades and emotional allomancy, but is a typical cloak against other weapons. Shardblade. Two Aluminum daggers with an emerald broam bedded in the base of each blade attached to belt, with smaller aluminum knives attached to wrists. Dual Aluminum swords. Made of an alloy for strength, so Soul is unable to store anything in them. Aluminum armbands, metal vials, pouches of spheres for stormlight, and money pouches of different world currency types.  Small ring of aluminum with a retractable hemalurgic spike of unknown metal. 

Physical characteristics: Sharp face, high cheekbones, many scars all over his body, unusually bright silver eyes, (Usually glowing even brighter from stormlight) Average hight and build, but very physically strong even without stormlight assistance. Usually smiling, slightly crazily due to insanity. Has this look in his eyes that makes you wonder how many people he's killed, and this grin that makes you realize he's probably lost count. 

Relatives: All dead.

Home planet: Scadrial 

Attributes: Bloodlust, Sarcasm, Inability to take things seriously, deep bass singer, Uses bloodlust to protect others, often dealing out death to those who he is protecting from, even if they don't deserve it, extremest, Slightly insane, and lover of the skies and winds. Doesn't want to kill everyone he sees, but loves the challenge of fighting and killing. Very kind, if slightly insulting and sarcastic, to everyone he meets, unless you give him a reason to kill you. If you hurt him, he will do whatever it takes to kill you, and everyone around you.

History: [MISTBORN ERA 2 SPOILERS] Soul was born in Elendel, but soon moved into the Roughs. During his life there his entire town were torn apart by rampaging koloss, yet he survived. Even before snapping into his powers, and learning to surge bind he was a formidable enemy and killed 5 koloss. The koloss tribe offered him a position in their ranks to which Soul accepted. Soul slowly killed his way to become the leader, and then through subtle orders, wiped out the entire tribe. Soul wandered the Roughs alone, and eventually returned to Elendel where he joined the Vanishers. When they were destroyed he took most of their supply of aluminum and left back to the Roughs. During his time there, he snapped. No one knows how he snapped, but since a koloss massacre didn't snap him, it must have been extreme. He holds deep scars from that time, and whenever he thinks about it, nearby people die. Eventually he found a world hopper who took him to Roshar and he bound a freedomspren named Elefthera. Through her guidance and lots of practice, he eventually became an aluminum savant. Even though he has suffered through many wars and much bloodshed, he doesn't let on to that fact unless he is remembering the time he snapped. Otherwise he is very cheerful, despite his bloodlust and sarcasm. He now explores the cosmere with a plan unknown to anyone else.

No more damage than 25 HP per turn.

The first person to have zero, or less than zero HP, loses. If you choose to forfeit, put it in a quote box. Everything said outside of a quote box will be considered suspect.

When you attack, try to only say the attack and its intended effect. (eg. DO say: I stab at his leg to cut it off. DO NOT SAY eg. I stab his leg and cut it off.) The defendant should respond with the effect. I’m here to make sure that it is fair. If it is too little, I’ll step in and add some damage.

If you have any attacks or defenses that require preparation in advance, tell me in a spoiler box so I know your response is reasonable. 

After every attack and response, I’ll announce the damage and effects of each attack. (I’m going to try to keep to this posting order)

To everyone watching: Enjoy the show, but please don’t interfere. Put all your comments in a different color, or a quote box. 

And yes, this mediator intro is a paraphrasing of @Archer's intro.

Don't kill me Archer.

Also, I figured people wouldn't read the first post if I just edited it since it has been a while, so don't kill me pls

Naermen frowned. The vines had been virtually ineffective. Usually, those did more damage. Oh, well. She had great banes, but also great boons.

She switched investiture entirely, as that was her curse, and teleported behind her opponent, Soul. She then opened a tight drawstring bad on her hip and commanded the sand within to strike.

Would burning aluminum make me terkien against sand mastery? (Did I spell that right?) If so use option 1. If not use option 2.

1. Naermen vanished. Burning aluminum as a reflex Soul dove forward and spun around as sand sprayed against him and fell dark. He wasn’t sure exactly what sort of investure the sand was, but aluminum seemed to counter it okay. One sword was still wrapped in vines, and El was still stuck in the ground. “Time to stop making a fool of yourself and fight back.” Soul cursed as he prepared to enact he plan that would make a fool of himself. absorbing stormlight Soul started sliding at a high speed around the arena.

2. Naermen vanished. Burning aluminum as a reflex Soul dove forward and spun around. Sand darted towards him and stabbed through his shoulder before turning black. 

What is this stuff? Soul thought. Clearly, aluminum didn’t work on it. Cursing Soul absorbed stormlight and started sliding at a high speed around the arena.

So, no. Burning aluminum is internal, that's right. Chromium would kill the sand but this is aluminum. Option 2.

Sand strike: 5 hp

Naermen: 100

Soul: 90

Uhh Life you haven't attacked once. Each turn is made up of a response followed by an attack. Attack please, if you want.

Alright.

Soul spun around the arena, when he reached the point where Naermen stood, he jumped towards the wall, kicked off of it and slammed Naermen towards the center of the arena. Kicking off again Soul continued his high velocity spinning around the outside of the arena.

I’m assuming that this arena is a big circle, like the coliseum.

So, I wanna try out something new with this arena. Every 20 HP(totaled between both characters) that is lost, the arena transforms. Right now, it is just a flat dirt floor, in a circular arena. In Shadesmar, it is a small platform on a sea of beads. I plan on changing it.  The second arena is a jungle, tall trees with a river running through the middle. The third is king-of-the-hill-esque, a rocky terrain with a tall hill in the center. The fourth is the ruins of a fortress, with nooks and crannies to hide in. The fifth one is water everywhere and levitating platforms of different elevations and sizes, the sixth is a pasture with rolling hills, flowers, and a stream, the seventh is a miniature "shattered plains," the eight is a forest with fewer but taller and thicker trees, the ninth is a tropical sandy-ocean environment, and the last one is a platform with lava below and geysers erupting. 

Well?